Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Let Them Eat Chicken!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Capt. Lee and the crew are shaken by Ashton's accident; while the deck crew is on edge, Laura struggles to fall in line with her third stew role and her boss, Kate; Adrian's decision to make comfort food for the guests backfires.

Airs December 11, 2018.

• Love 2

Wait am I the only one that noticed the rope around his ankle was slack all the way into the water? I'm not suggesting anyone is lying, I just don't understand how that was supposed to pull him in. Looked to me like the rope he was holding pulled him, not the one around his ankle?

Edited to add: clearly it eventually tightened because he has a mark there, but maybe my eyeballs just don't work properly today because I still think it looked slack on the deck. 

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, rideashire said:

Wait am I the only one that noticed the rope around his ankle was slack all the way into the water? I'm not suggesting anyone is lying, I just don't understand how that was supposed to pull him in. Looked to me like the rope he was holding pulled him, not the one around his ankle?

Edited to add: clearly it eventually tightened because he has a mark there, but maybe my eyeballs just don't work properly today because I still think it looked slack on the deck. 

I think (?) the black one was around his ankle and was hard to see.  Thank goodness for the cameraman knowing what to do!

• Love 9

I must admit, I don’t understand the accident other than the black line was wrapped around his ankle.  That black line was also wrapped around the cleat.  Was the other end going to the tender?  There seemed to be a white line coming from the tender.  It’s surprising that the camera man saved the day.  Rhylee really just stood there in shock.

Thank you Captain Lee for the reply.

Edited by Emmeline
Caption Lee
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

These bitches want to eat,  he needs to have a full buffet available 24/7... I can tell already.  

And a shovel to shovel the food into their mouths.

What is Rhylee whining about now?  Rhylee, take the cotton out of your ears and stick it in your mouth.

• Love 16

Wow!  Brett the cameraman saves Ashton.  Very scary.  Very lucky.  I would want an X-Ray as soon as I got back to town.

Laura really is annoying.  I find it hard to believe that anyone would take a third stew position after being first.  It's a crappy job, but you are still getting equal tips, so shut up and do your job.

The guests have every right to complain about the food.  Chicken does seem kind of lame for what they are paying, even if it tastes good.

Chef Unicorn continues his slide into annoying pomposity.  Give the people what they want!  Nobody cares if YOU like surprises.  Then of course it "blows over his head" while still whining about it.  At least he wowed them at the end, with the whiny "I'll show them!" attitude.

Another serious screw-up with the tow line.  Rhyleeee needs to go.  Now.  She can go back to her fishing boat and hire people stupid enough to work for her.

Captain takes these kids to school.  He's really shook.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Poor Ashton. Nearly dies, then has to drive himself back to the boat, alone. 

Thank God the camera man was there to think fast, release the line and save Ashton while every deck hand froze. Sheesh. 

The editing didn't make it look as dire as I'm sure it was. That was some scary stuff. Preparing to drown and/or lose your foot and bleed out is horrifying. 

Yes after all that he has to swim to the tinder, climb in and drive it a throbbing ankle and foot.  That was pretty awful,  but apparently he had time to think.... 

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

These bitches want to eat,  he needs to have a full buffet available 24/7... I can tell already.  

Maybe next time they should go on a Carnival Cruise then.

25 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

Josiah is a dream. Does he ever complain? When he got on deck to help with the docking he made a cute joke & got the job done. I already aspired to be calm like Kate & now I have a new standard to aspire to when work gets stressful.

Its a testament to how great Ashton must be for everyone to check on him & bring him food (unlike some other “injured” folks). That hug with Ross & him trying to give up his tip just made me love him more. And I was already pretty 😍 about him. 

Carolyn is probably taking to twitter to complain that no one took care of her like that.

• Love 23

The complete lack of action by the deck crew when Ashton went overboard makes me question how much they know/are responsible for. I wonder if Bravo, for liability purposes if nothing else, have additional crew members there that are more experienced to step in and handle things when needed. Like, for example, when a crew member is drowning and everyone on deck stands there with their mouths open. I know they said a camera man stepped in and he could be just a camera man that thankfully knew what to do, but it makes me wonder.

The rest of the season looks amazing!!!  

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Poor people eat chicken?  Starve then heifer.

Someone needs to inform the Michelin guide because I don't think that they know this rule. It turns out that some restaurants with 1, 2, and 3 Michelin stars have served chicken in the past and continue to serve chicken today. Gasp! In fact, el Bulli, which is considered one of the greatest and most innovative restaurants of the modern age had chicken and popcorn on its menu.

http://www.elbulli.info/gallery.htm

It's stupid complaints like "chicken is for poor people" that always reveals that the guests are a bunch of low class cashed up boors. One hundred years ago lobster was considered garbage food only suitable for feeding prisoners, fishing bait, and fertilizer. What a colossal bunch of dumb fucks. I'm not saying that Adrian made anything that was remotely Michelin worthy (he didn't), but that's an entirely different critique than claiming certain ingredients are only for "teh poors." 

49 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I've tried to like Rhylee but I'm sorry she sucks and needs to go. Who the fuck does she think she is? Chandler was a tool no doubt but she is a confrontational malcontent that knows nothing and thinks she knows everything. She is combative with everyone, including her superiors. Ross could not address her or handle the confrontations she starts any better and she still thinks she has the right to scold him over it. Bitch is delusional. You just had a guy get caught on the lines standing on the deck, go in the water and nearly die. STAND THE FUCK BACK. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?! Ugh, go back to your boat in Alaska. 

Given how quickly the accident with Ashton went down, Rhylee's need to constantly question orders is even more obnoxious. He's there trying to provide her with info that could save her life. In the Beach Club when they continued their argument, Rhylee made the point that Ross' directions weren't completely clear. They weren't. I would have sided with Rhylee had her initial response to Ross' directive not been "Hold on."

Laura is truly obnoxious. She did a shit turn down and used Ashton's accident as opportunity to bitch and talk shit. "There are a lot of cut corners around here."

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Thank God for that cameraman. For once someone didn't follow that reality rule about not interfering. 

Thank god. Brent was promptly fired. I'm kidding, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

27 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

The complete lack of action by the deck crew when Ashton went overboard makes me question how much they know/are responsible for. I wonder if Bravo, for liability purposes if nothing else, have additional crew members there that are more experienced to step in and handle things when needed. Like, for example, when a crew member is drowning and everyone on deck stands there with their mouths open. I know they said a camera man stepped in and he could be just a camera man that thankfully knew what to do, but it makes me wonder.

The rest of the season looks amazing!!!  

If they have camera crew with boat skills, it's absolutely to protect the film crew and not the cast. Remember they've sunk a crew ship.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 18

Can't believe I had TEARS watching Ashton. I froze it as he went over and Rhylee's foot came so close to also getting caught in the line. Take a look. I agree with Cpt Lee (i mean what choice do you have? He's The Man) that she could have reiterated 'Man Overboard ' but I was more impressed with her calm. That said, it was the camera guy that cut the line. 

Laura is a mouthy little toerag, it's true. But I thought she was more toned down from the nervous talking new girl from last week. I'm not entirely sure the dirty towels on the floor were believable. The lack of water by the beds, yes. But towels on the floor? Kate didn't say anything to her about those either so I wonder. 

I'm wondering too if Kate's demand that 'she goes or i go' is payback for Cpt Lee asking Kate to explain herself after Caroline's 'allegations '. Kate asserting her authorita, as Cartman would say. She had the same expression on her face : usual resting bitch face with a large splash of mutinous. 

I love how Josiah handles the skeevy kitchen unicorn. It's a personal peeve with me when a simple question is asked 'so it's a mixture of cakes?' And it's met with passive aggressive obfuscation. Josiah's happy 'fck you' was perfect, humorous and not nasty. Adrian needs to get over himself. Ashton may be a snake in his opinion, Adrian is a white ant. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, rideashire said:

So, it appears that the white tow line from the tender (which was taut) was attached to the black stern line (which still had some slack as it sat coiled in the swim platform). When Ashton’s foot got caught in the lines, it was the taut tow line that pulled him in - and the loose stern line followed. Hope that made sense.

Edited to add: This was all while the yacht was moving forward, away from the tender, to begin towing it. Also, fuck Laura and her “cutting corners” comment. There’s nothing about towing a tender that would be considered cutting corners. She and her misinformed criticisms can go anytime.

Edited by Flybutter
Because my mind never finishes a thought on the first try.
  • Love 24

I want to slap every one of the charters for the chicken comments.  Half of those bitches looked like some lean meat would do their bodies better.

Rhylee seems to be PMSing 24/7.  Wouldn't want to deal with her in any way.  Her face becomes especially demonic when she loses her shit.  Not a good look.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Flybutter said:

So, it appears that the white tow line from the tender (which was taut) was attached to the black stern line (which still had some slack as it sat coiled in the swim platform). When Ashton’s foot got caught in the lines, it was the taut tow line that pulled him in - and the loose stern line followed. Hope that made sense.

It does make sense, thank you!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Jets4274 said:

Rhylee seems to be PMSing 24/7.  Wouldn't want to deal with her in any way.  Her face becomes especially demonic when she loses her shit.  Not a good look.

Exactly.  And sometimes she seems like a child throwing a tantrum.  I would think a great deal more maturity would be required for someone who captains a boat in Alaska or whatever it is that she does.  She comes across as very immature.   Her lack of impulse control is appalling.

And count me among those who got teary - several times - during this episode.  The kindness they all showed Ashton, his attempt to refuse his share of the tip, etc.  Lots of sweet moments in addition of course to the horror of what could have happened. 

• Love 22
14 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

Exactly.  And sometimes she seems like a child throwing a tantrum.  I would think a great deal more maturity would be required for someone who captains a boat in Alaska or whatever it is that she does.  She comes across as very immature.   Her lack of impulse control is appalling.

And count me among those who got teary - several times - during this episode.  The kindness they all showed Ashton, his attempt to refuse his share of the tip, etc.  Lots of sweet moments in addition of course to the horror of what could have happened. 

In a very early episode, Rhylee said she “co-captains” a boat in Alaska. Though we never heard her say it that way again (instead, it’s been, “I’m a captain”), I’ve not stopped wondering about the poor soul cursed with being her co-captain. If that person dares to watch this season, he or she must be rocking themselves in the fetal position to soothe the inevitable ptsd.

Edited by Flybutter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ninjago said:

Ashton on WWHL is just the most genuine guy.  OMG him talking about the FORTY-FIVE MINUTE tender ride, and how he was just going through every emotion and how he wasn't sure he'd totally dealt with the trauma.  What a sweet soul.

I'm crying watching this.  Thank God for Brent.  People with cool heads who can act in a crisis are a blessing.  Hero.

Ashton is amazing on just about every count.  I hope the camera guy is at the reunion.

2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

From what I and Mr. Breezy could see (he's a sailor) the black line wrapped around Ashton's ankle and pulled him in.  Useless Rylee slowly reacts and says man overboard oh so quietly.  Cameraman drops camera and uncleats the line to save Ashton while Rylee basically just stands there.  Ashton was closer to the tender and boards that.  At that point the water was too rough to dock the tender to the yacht.

If you watch Deadliest Catch you know how serious it is to get pulled overboard if you get caught in a line.

@BREEZY424, I know Captain Lee said the waters were too rough to bring the tinder in, but man.  Seems he could have stopped the boat and figured out a way to get Ashton.

Any thoughts on this?

• Love 4

At first I thought it was the black line that pulled him, but it was really the white line.  It's very, very hard to see, but along with him holding it, and it being attached to the tender, it's also wrapped around his ankle.  The black line wouldn't pull him in because it was attached to the yacht and not the tender.

Why the fuck didn't the Captain stop forward motion of the boat as soon as he heard "man overboard".  That would have released the tension on the white line that was pulling Ashton in 2 different directions.

• Love 5