Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

Anyone know who the fella in the mocap suit is (the one who isn't Ruffalo)? 

I guess she didn't consider the cloud, but it was pretty damned shady not mentioning Gamora and the Soul Stone. 

10 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

Anyone know who the fella in the mocap suit is (the one who isn't Ruffalo)? 

I guess she didn't consider the cloud, but it was pretty damned shady not mentioning Gamora and the Soul Stone. 

Probably the on-set Groot

• Love 2

I just saw this today, i was completely spoiled. I liked it. I think it was just as good as infinity war just a tad too long.

Thoughts.

- Captain Marvel was hardly in the thing. 

- Why did Thanos seem so much stronger than he did in infinity war.. when, in infinity war he had the gauntlet?

- Didn't like Nat choosing to sacrifice herself. Same old.. if you have a family you are more important bull. 

- I try not to get all into it but when they all came through the Dr. Strange Portal with Sam's "on your left" I defy you not to want to scream HELL YEAH. Defy you!

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, BooBear said:

I just saw this today, i was completely spoiled. I liked it. I think it was just as good as infinity war just a tad too long.

Thoughts.

- Captain Marvel was hardly in the thing. 

- Why did Thanos seem so much stronger than he did in infinity war.. when, in infinity war he had the gauntlet?

- Didn't like Nat choosing to sacrifice herself. Same old.. if you have a family you are more important bull. 

- I try not to get all into it but when they all came through the Dr. Strange Portal with Sam's "on your left" I defy you not to want to scream HELL YEAH. Defy you!

In Infinity War Thanos was not trying to kill his opponent, just knock them out and then to flip a coin to see if he would kill or release. In Endgame he had the blood lust because his lifetime work was being undone so there was no holding back for the next battle 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Quark said:

Nebula to Gemora - "It was either him or a tree."

I died.

Nebula gets some of the best lines, across all the movies she's been in. I guess they picked up on Karen Gillan's comic timing early, as well as her dramatic ability.

• Love 4

I just saw this. Most of what I would say has been said already. I'm in the camp that loved it, isn't too bothered by the timey-wimey stuff (especially since multiverses are a long and glorious wacked out comics tradition), and found Steve's ending moving.

My two thoughts are:

a) I didn't read Hawkeye as a serial killer but as a seriously dark vigilante. It was clear to me that he was only killing clearly bad people. It was obviously not a good thing for him to be doing, but at least in comic book worlds, I see a clear distinction between vigilantes and murderers.

b) Isn't it comic book canon that people can be brought back from the Soul Stone? So I'm assuming that if actors are willing and there's a good plot for it, both Gamora Original and Black Widow can be brought back. I hope so because while this isn't the worst ending for Black Widow, it's not the best either. 

I didn't think the movie implied at all that Black Widow's life was worth less than Hawkeye's in any way... just that she was a more successful fighter. Both characters are more morally gray than some of the others, but they're ultimately heroes. Of course, they're going to be willing to sacrifice themselves to save the world and the others!

• Love 9
On 5/26/2019 at 2:55 AM, Perfect Xero said:

I've decided that the only thing that makes sense is that: 1. Widow was the one who assigned the missions. 2. Gamora told Widow what she suspected/knew about the Soul Stone test. 3. Widow specifically picked herself and Hawkeye for that mission with the intent to sacrifice herself and told no one else knowing that they "don't trade lives", and any surprise she showed was just her being a super spy.

I think this is the only way to explain serial killer Hawkeye being brought back into the fold, and the two of them being chosen for a space mission on an unknown planet.

I'm going to have to go with this too, otherwise it makes no sense for Nat and Clint to be the ones to go on the Soul Stone mission, when they are pretty much ordinary people (not enhanced/super power-having) and don't have specialized protective suits a la Iron Man. It would have made much more sense for them to go on the NY mission and get the Mind and Space stone given their secret agent training. But, then we wouldn't have Cap meeting Cap, elevator scene, Tony having a bonding moment with his emotionally abusive father, yada yada. It would have been interesting to see Cap deal with Red Skull again and who would get sacrificed to get the Soul Stone. Does it work if two people come to get the stone and they don't love each other? So yeah, for plot purposes it had to be two people who mean something to each other.

• Love 3

I think it's safe to assume Nebula told them all she knew about the Soul Stone, the Power Stone, Vormir and Morag. She had to have done, for them to formulate the plan in the first place.

So even though she didn't know exactly what happened to Gamora, she probably made an educated guess and told Natasha. I'm guessing she told Tony too (maybe they deliberately kept it from Steve, because they knew he'd insist on being the sacrifice). But once they all realised what the likely price was, Natasha took charge and said she'd handle it. She had to take Clint or Steve (arguably) for her sacrifice to work. Then it's a no-brainer, because even Nat couldn't get the best of Cap in a fight to see who could sacrifice themselves for the other.

I kind of wish the movie had been more explicit on this, and shown Natasha knowingly going into a situation where she thought she'd die. Her character had a very melancholy feel anyway, in this movie, but that would have heightened it.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

I think it's safe to assume Nebula told them all she knew about the Soul Stone, the Power Stone, Vormir and Morag. She had to have done, for them to formulate the plan in the first place.

So even though she didn't know exactly what happened to Gamora, she probably made an educated guess and told Natasha. I'm guessing she told Tony too (maybe they deliberately kept it from Steve, because they knew he'd insist on being the sacrifice). But once they all realised what the likely price was, Natasha took charge and said she'd handle it. She had to take Clint or Steve (arguably) for her sacrifice to work. Then it's a no-brainer, because even Nat couldn't get the best of Cap in a fight to see who could sacrifice themselves for the other.

I kind of wish the movie had been more explicit on this, and shown Natasha knowingly going into a situation where she thought she'd die. Her character had a very melancholy feel anyway, in this movie, but that would have heightened it.

Yes, this will be my canon. I've only seen the movie the once, did she seem surprised when she found out what's needed to get the soul stone?

I would go see it again but I'm not feeling good enough these days to sit for over three hours in the theater.

• Love 1

The more I think about Hawkeye, the more I think he was a vigilante, not serial killer.  It was very clear that he was targeting really bad guys.  If that makes him a murderer, then all superheroes are murderers, as all have taken matters into their own hands to rid the world of evil.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Yeah, otherwise why would you need both Nebula and War Machine to grab the Power Stone (or the tools to steal it) from Peter Quill, while sending the two non-powered sneaky types into an unknown situation on Vormir?

As I have had distinctly un-familial thoughts about Steve, it was disturbing to realize that old Steve looked EXACTLY like my dad.  (I have had counselling and I have put it behind me for the moment. 🙂 )

I had been pondering, before Endgame, what Steve would do in retirement. He's a great teacher and was very helpful to Wanda - I thought he could foster mutants before they get to the school, helping them to get used to their powers. 

And yes, I agree with many of you upstream, he needs to move on -- not return to a long-ago fantasy. Peggy moved on. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

She had to take Clint or Steve (arguably) for her sacrifice to work. Then it's a no-brainer, because even Nat couldn't get the best of Cap in a fight to see who could sacrifice themselves for the other.

Agreed.

And fwiw, as angry as people are over Natasha's death, I can only imagine the sh#t storm that would have ensued if Hawkeye had managed to beat Black Widow.  "Of course The Man has to win and save the day even though she was the better fighter!" blah blah blah.  Sorry to sound overly snarky, but I am just so OVER IT.  Why can't we just enjoy a couple or three hours of an emotionally gripping movie anymore?  Sigh.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 2:34 PM, BooBear said:

Was he much stronger? In the beginning of Infinity War, he easily defeated the Hulk without using the 1 Infinity Gem he had. 

ETA: I would have loved to see Steve meeting ghost!Red Skull as he was returning the Soul Stone

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

Agreed.

And fwiw, as angry as people are over Natasha's death, I can only imagine the sh#t storm that would have ensued if Hawkeye had managed to beat Black Widow.  "Of course The Man has to win and save the day even though she was the better fighter!" blah blah blah.  Sorry to sound overly snarky, but I am just so OVER IT.  Why can't we just enjoy a couple or three hours of an emotionally gripping movie anymore?  Sigh.

I read somewhere else that they considered having Clint be the sacrificial lamb, and a woman on the production team said "Don't you take this act of heroism from Natasha!" So it's nice to hear that viewpoint was considered in the decision-making process, even if I'd much prefer to have Black Widow and her strategic thinking around in future movies than a sour-faced gremlin with good aim.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, morakot said:

As I have had distinctly un-familial thoughts about Steve, it was disturbing to realize that old Steve looked EXACTLY like my dad.  (I have had counselling and I have put it behind me for the moment. 🙂 )

This is both awful and hilarious! You have my sympathies. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Agreed.

I agree, and I am a Natasha fan. While I'm sad that she died, it was very much in character. She wanted to erase the red in her ledger, of course she's going to sacrifice herself. 

• Love 6

Why can't we just enjoy a couple or three hours of an emotionally gripping movie anymore?  Sigh.

I can only speak for myself, but that particular decision made me like the movie a hell of a lot less than I otherwise would have, so....

• Love 6

I had a thought about why Steve needed to go back and dance with Peggy: he's always been a man of his word and that broken promise haunted him. Knowing he COULD go back, it was clear that he HAD to go back and make it right for her. No need to get married or stay -- just giving her the dance would have been enough.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, morakot said:

I had a thought about why Steve needed to go back and dance with Peggy: he's always been a man of his word and that broken promise haunted him. Knowing he COULD go back, it was clear that he HAD to go back and make it right for her. No need to get married or stay -- just giving her the dance would have been enough.

Exactly. I would have liked it a lot more if he was a tad late getting back, Bucky and Sam are like what was the hold up? and then we see him having the dance. Then Steve gives Sam the shield and he says it's time to pass this on. Later we see Steve leading the support group. Helping people move on, like he has been doing.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, morakot said:

Now you know how Sharon Carter must have felt.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
On 5/28/2019 at 5:02 PM, DarkRaichu said:

ETA: I would have loved to see Steve meeting ghost!Red Skull as he was returning the Soul Stone

That actually would have made a great mid-credits scene. The Red Skull revealing himself to Steve and then Steve just punching him in the face and leaving the stone.

Also I was thinking of Gamora and how the Guardians were leaving earth to try and find her. But how far could she have gotten. I am not sure there would have been that many space ships she would have had access to.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The Red Skull revealing himself to Steve and then Steve just punching him in the face and leaving the stone.

I mean, he HAS punched out Adolf Hitler over 200 times!

The more that I think about it, Steve's ending just raising a billion questions, and I think it ended up not really lining up with his character development. He struggled so much with being a man out of time, and trying to find a new place in the modern world, and then he just ended up giving up on all of that to try a do over. Steve isnt a person who looks behind and lives in the past, he moves forward! Sure he does have regrets and suffers from feeling out of place in this new world, but I always thought his ending should have been him finally moving on after getting some closure. Then he can pass the shield to Sam and retire to doing art work or something and reconnecting with Bucky, and he can finally stop fighting for the first time in years. I love that he got his dance with Peggy, but I dont think it was the way for his character to end, and its kind of a crappy message to send. "Well, sometimes you just cant move on from your tragic past, you should just surrender to it instead of trying to move on!" Otherwise, it cant of makes so much of what made Cap so compelling kind of...pointless? So much of his movies are about trying to find his place in the modern world, but I guess he never did so whatever.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I love that he got his dance with Peggy, but I dont think it was the way for his character to end, and its kind of a crappy message to send. "Well, sometimes you just cant move on from your tragic past, you should just surrender to it instead of trying to move on!" Otherwise, it cant of makes so much of what made Cap so compelling kind of...pointless? So much of his movies are about trying to find his place in the modern world, but I guess he never did so whatever

I completely agree. There are a lot of layers to Steve's ending that bother me on different levels, but this is a major one. For anyone who might relate to what Steve is going through --feeling out of place, dealing with grief, the struggle to move on from the past-- this is a terrible message. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

I completely agree. There are a lot of layers to Steve's ending that bother me on different levels, but this is a major one. For anyone who might relate to what Steve is going through --feeling out of place, dealing with grief, the struggle to move on from the past-- this is a terrible message. 

It is. Luckily we have Thor's story. I'm amazed that the same two people wrote Thor so well and bungled Steve so badly. And he was their character!

• Love 1

Chris Hemsworth fought to have Thor stay fat through out the movie, and not 'magically' go back to being thinner at the end.  And bless him for that, because it's the only thing that saves that storyline at all.  And this is a good example of screen writers not understanding why something is problematic, when it's not something they experience (regarding both how Thor's mental health issue is treated by his 'friends' and also his weight).  But Chris understood, and he acted the hell out of it.  

• Love 10

Well, that's certainly something to think about. I'm glad he insisted on that. It makes the story more powerful in that you can still be a worthy person even if you are depressed and fat. It's a better message to send than going back to the past to be happy and not dealing with the life you are in now. I actually don't care if this is a superhero movie and such things are possible. It's a bad message and I don't believe for a minute the character of Steve that I've been watching all these years would do it. I think I've realized that I'm not going to be getting past this.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, festivus said:

It's a bad message and I don't believe for a minute the character of Steve that I've been watching all these years would do it. I think I've realized that I'm not going to be getting past this.

Yes, and unlike with Thor, there was really no way for Chris Evans to save that storyline with his acting.  

• Love 6
(edited)

No there wasn't. I'm a person that thinks a good superhero story and a good story where people deal with their real life trauma can be the same movie. So why did this one do a good job with Thor, Nebula, Tony, and even Nat and drop the ball so hard on Steve? Steve Rogers does not run away from his problems. I hate what this ending did to my favorite character.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 6

Steve Rogers only runs away if you go with the theory that old man Steve was around during the movies we watched the last 10 years. If you go with the split timeline multiverse theory Steve continues with his own future from whenever he landed in the 1940s. Something not seem in the MCU and a version of which might be seen in Loki's alternative timeline in his Disney + series 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, festivus said:

No there wasn't. I'm a person that thinks a good superhero story and a good story where people deal with their real life trauma can be the same movie. So why did this one do a good job with Thor, Nebula, Tony, and even Nat and drop the ball so hard on Steve? Steve Rogers does not run away from his problems. I hate what this ending did to my favorite character.

SAME. It's really bothering me so much. I was kind of, OK, I'll wait for the next half when there wasn't much Steve (and about two seconds of Steve/Bucky interaction) in IW. I liked Steve in most of Endgame except for the ending and it just ruins it for me. Yes, I'm a Stucky shipper but I live in reality and I know they aren't going to have them kiss and go off into the sunset. I just wanted more of a reunion and evidence of their friendship in Endgame. Same with Sam too, for that matter. Steve is loyal and I just can't see him turning around and leaving what's left of Team Cap. Shit, Sam hasn't even had time to process that Nat's gone. Ugh, I'm so bothered by this! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Chris Hemsworth fought to have Thor stay fat through out the movie, and not 'magically' go back to being thinner at the end.  And bless him for that, because it's the only thing that saves that storyline at all.  And this is a good example of screen writers not understanding why something is problematic, when it's not something they experience (regarding both how Thor's mental health issue is treated by his 'friends' and also his weight).  But Chris understood, and he acted the hell out of it.  

I love how dedicated Chris Hemsworth is to the character of Thor. Thor could have been a caricature but he's made him so much more. When I watched it again I really liked Thor becoming the God of Thunder again, but not back to his ripped, neat beard self. He really did look like a Viking who has Seen Some Shit.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ChromaKelly said:

I love how dedicated Chris Hemsworth is to the character of Thor. Thor could have been a caricature but he's made him so much more. When I watched it again I really liked Thor becoming the God of Thunder again, but not back to his ripped, neat beard self. He really did look like a Viking who has Seen Some Shit.

We can thank Taika Waititi and the Russo brothers for that. Because by all accounts, Hemsworth was pretty much over Thor after The Dark World, with the character and his movies being boring and kind of pointless.

But the irreverent take on the character that Waititi came up with, and the Russos and Markus & McFeeley embraced, has obviously rejuvenated his interest in the character. I can't wait to see what James Gunn does with him in Guardians 3.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ChromaKelly said:

SAME. It's really bothering me so much. I was kind of, OK, I'll wait for the next half when there wasn't much Steve (and about two seconds of Steve/Bucky interaction) in IW. I liked Steve in most of Endgame except for the ending and it just ruins it for me. Yes, I'm a Stucky shipper but I live in reality and I know they aren't going to have them kiss and go off into the sunset. I just wanted more of a reunion and evidence of their friendship in Endgame. Same with Sam too, for that matter. Steve is loyal and I just can't see him turning around and leaving what's left of Team Cap. Shit, Sam hasn't even had time to process that Nat's gone. Ugh, I'm so bothered by this! 

I also remain infuriated as to what this did to Peggy's life. PEGGY MOVED ON! But then Steve decided he couldn't so he went back and took her life from her? That's so beyond bullshit that I can only ascribe this to some craptacular decision made by Hydra!Cap who took over somehow and let Bucky remain under Hydra's control, kept Peggy preoccupied while the 'beautiful parasite' Zola was growing within SHIELD and did nothing when the Soldier was sent to kill the Starks. SURE! WHY NOT?!

And I don't care what Markus and McFeely are trying to sell now, there is no way in hell that Steve was Peggy's husband all along. Nor was there any way in hell Peggy had a picture of Skinny!Steve on her desk IN THE 70'S and no pictures of... oh, I don't know... HER KIDS?! Or the abject stupidity of them trying to sell Steve 'I Can't Walk Away When A Situation is Going South' Rogers would go back in time and sit on his ass while Bucky was being tortured and brainwashed for 70 years. This is Steve Rogers, his entire solo story arc is 'Steve, don't do the thing...' 'I'M DOING THE THING!!' he's not Bran 'I'm the Three Eyed Raven, Everything You Did Brought You Here, You Were Exactly Where You Were Supposed to Be' Stark.

This is just 'We have to make Steve absolutely unavailable for anything having to do with the Falcon and Winter Soldier mini series... so let's make him old and decrepit... but still bring him back?!' crappy reasoning. Actually, I don't believe there was any reasoning. Otherwise, someone would have brought up the idea of Steve 'having been there all along' and not saying anything to anybody or Howard not noticing that he's there? Is that how Howard developed the new Super Solider Serum. 'Oh! Steve's here! Mind if I draw some blood?' 'Sure, Howard... by the way, this will result in you and your wife dying an extremely violent death but I won't say by who because I don't want to spoil the surprise. Drive safe!'

None of this holds up. Which is why I don't accept it. Meh. I've had to ignore larger swaths of worse movies for the sake of my own fannish sanity.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

I also remain infuriated as to what this did to Peggy's life. PEGGY MOVED ON! But then Steve decided he couldn't so he went back and took her life from her? That's so beyond bullshit that I can only ascribe this to some craptacular decision made by Hydra!Cap who took over somehow and let Bucky remain under Hydra's control, kept Peggy preoccupied while the 'beautiful parasite' Zola was growing within SHIELD and did nothing when the Soldier was sent to kill the Starks. SURE! WHY NOT?!

And I don't care what Markus and McFeely are trying to sell now, there is no way in hell that Steve was Peggy's husband all along. Nor was there any way in hell Peggy had a picture of Skinny!Steve on her desk IN THE 70'S and no pictures of... oh, I don't know... HER KIDS?! Or the abject stupidity of them trying to sell Steve 'I Can't Walk Away When A Situation is Going South' Rogers would go back in time and sit on his ass while Bucky was being tortured and brainwashed for 70 years. This is Steve Rogers, his entire solo story arc is 'Steve, don't do the thing...' 'I'M DOING THE THING!!' he's not Bran 'I'm the Three Eyed Raven, Everything You Did Brought You Here, You Were Exactly Where You Were Supposed to Be' Stark.

This is just 'We have to make Steve absolutely unavailable for anything having to do with the Falcon and Winter Soldier mini series... so let's make him old and decrepit... but still bring him back?!' crappy reasoning. Actually, I don't believe there was any reasoning. Otherwise, someone would have brought up the idea of Steve 'having been there all along' and not saying anything to anybody or Howard not noticing that he's there? Is that how Howard developed the new Super Solider Serum. 'Oh! Steve's here! Mind if I draw some blood?' 'Sure, Howard... by the way, this will result in you and your wife dying an extremely violent death but I won't say by who because I don't want to spoil the surprise. Drive safe!'

None of this holds up. Which is why I don't accept it. Meh. I've had to ignore larger swaths of worse movies for the sake of my own fannish sanity.

giphy.gif giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

Hurrah! I couldn't decide whether to leave you a heart or a laughy face. I love a good rant!

• Love 4
(edited)

Posted at the same time as @GHScorpiosRule. I like your gifs better. Stupid question but hows does one do that? I looked the site over the other night but couldn't figure it out. Do you need to have your own hosting service? edit: or I mean like your own account on one? I only know how to post stuff from youtube.

I did admit somewhere on this thread to being a dumbass so keep that in mind!

Edited by festivus
  • Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

Actually, I don't believe there was any reasoning.

The fact that it is so poorly done, makes me wish we could get some kind of 'Sony email leak'.  Because dayum, it's just so... inept.  

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, festivus said:

Posted at the same time as @GHScorpiosRule. I like your gifs better. Stupid question but hows does one do that? I looked the site over the other night but couldn't figure it out. Do you need to have your own hosting service? edit: or I mean like your own account on one? I only know how to post stuff from youtube.

I did admit somewhere on this thread to being a dumbass so keep that in mind!

I just go to giphy.com, insert the gif I’m looking for and when it comes up, click on the paper clip thingie which copies the link.

Then I just do a CTRL+V (control and paste) and voila

BUT. It only works when doing this from my desktop or laptop. I’ve never been able to be successful doing it from my phone.

• Love 1

Thanks. This is the only site I post on although I lurk around others so I really don't know the rules about posting images from other sites. I remember before on TWoP that you couldn't post images and I guess I've never caught up with the times so I didn't know about giphy.com. (I'm also lazy and hate learning new things. shhh.)

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

This is just 'We have to make Steve absolutely unavailable for anything having to do with the Falcon and Winter Soldier mini series... so let's make him old and decrepit... but still bring him back?!'

And ya know... they didn't even succeed in that (if that even had anything to do with their 'reasoning', since I don't think it did at all, because why would they need to do that? No one was expecting CE to show up on that series), because the way they did it, with the "mystery" of how Old!Steve got on the bench with a shiny new unbroken shield, still leaves what Steve actually did a "mystery" in itself (and the Russos were totally using that to push the F&WS series earlier, to maybe 'find out more'). 

So hey, I'm totally expecting Our!Steve to pop up on that series (ok, not really... but still!!) to explain his ass, and to apologize to both Bucky and Sam for ditching them, but that there was 'something important' he had to do, and that he had to step outside their current timeline for a little while to do it.  And that Old!Steve is totally from an alternate timeline and that Our!Steve asked to bail him out to get Sam the new shield.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

Nor was there any way in hell Peggy had a picture of Skinny!Steve on her desk IN THE 70'S and no pictures of... oh, I don't know... HER KIDS?!

There was at least one other picture on the desk but I didn't catch who was in it. Steve moved it away to pick up the picture of himself. The other picture may well have been the same picture of her kids that she had in the nursing home in DC -- or of her husband... 

Also, her office (as head of SHIELD) was at the military camp where Captain America came into being, and having skinny Steve on her desk was a reference to her reason for being there. She was directly involved in the project before he even joined the army.

She would have been at least 50 by that time but from the glimpse we saw of her, she looked pretty much the same as she had. 

(And, just to reiterate, I like Peggy Carter as a character, and as Steve's first love/crush/fantasy, and, if he'd survived the crash, they may have gotten together for a while. However, as a woman who knew her way around fondue, she didn't pine for him, and had moved on.)

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

And ya know... they didn't even succeed in that (if that even had anything to do with their 'reasoning', since I don't think it did at all, because why would they need to do that? No one was expecting CE to show up on that series), because the way they did it, with the "mystery" of how Old!Steve got on the bench with a shiny new unbroken shield, still leaves what Steve actually did a "mystery" in itself (and the Russos were totally using that to push the F&WS series earlier, to maybe 'find out more'). 

So hey, I'm totally expecting Our!Steve to pop up on that series (ok, not really... but still!!) to explain his ass, and to apologize to both Bucky and Sam for ditching them, but that there was 'something important' he had to do, and that he had to step outside their current timeline for a little while to do it.  And that Old!Steve is totally from an alternate timeline and that Our!Steve asked to bail him out to get Sam the new shield.  

That's the thing... when my brother was trying to walk me through my feelings about Steve's ending I said he wanted to see the movie of whatever the hell Cap was doing in the new timeline he very very very obviously opened up. And it's like... yeah! Me too! I want to see him go back in time and get Bucky and I want this new universe to have Sam actually be able to talk to birds ('They used to be dinosaurs, Barnes, they haven't forgotten that any more than cats have forgotten that they used to be worshipped as gods. If you want to get into a staring contest with an entire gaggle of geese I am not going to be the one to save you.') and maybe Steve falls into a completely different dimension where he and Bucky are gladiators and have Devil Dinosaur as their buddy.

Why do you think Steve refused to say anything about what he had been doing to Sam? ("You wouldn't not believe the shit I've seen." "It's weirder than the shit we've already seen?" "There's a dude out there who looks like a younger me who catches on fire, flies, and sleeps with so many women I think Tony would be shocked." "Okay, that's vaguely weird." "That's not even weird. I haven't gotten to anything actually weird, Sam!") And anyway, bringing Old!Steve around wouldn't keep him from sticking his nose into EVERYTHING. They did that in the comics and he ended up being the commander of SHIELD until Kobik de-aged him and the Hydra!Cap'd him (thanks Red Skull... still pissed we didn't see Steve kick his ass when returning the Soul Stone.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, festivus said:

Thanks. This is the only site I post on although I lurk around others so I really don't know the rules about posting images from other sites. I remember before on TWoP that you couldn't post images and I guess I've never caught up with the times so I didn't know about giphy.com. (I'm also lazy and hate learning new things. shhh.)

I accidentally discovered you don’t even have to go to giphy.com. Just click on the little rocket at the top of the reply box and you can search giphy.com from here. It was a little glitchy at first but eventually I got it to work.

marvel studios endgame GIF

1 hour ago, Wynterwolf said:

I read a fix-it fanfic with that basic premise.

• Love 3