Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Is anyone concerned that Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross will continue to fail upward and be the President of the United States for most of this movie?

He dies at the end of it, right? The only death in the MCU I would happily cheer for. General 'Fuckstick' Ross is the top of that particular list.

• Love 4

**whispers** 

He's a Skrull.  

eta:  Which means I definitely want to see Captain Marvel vaporize him with her awesome Photon Blast.  Or Goose can eat him, that would work for me too.

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 5

It’s like they heard everyone say “Where’s Rocket???” from the last trailer and were like “better make sure we see him this time.”

Also-that small trailer makes me more nervous about this being the end of Chris Evans as Cap. Loved everyone suiting up and loved seeing Tony and Nebula working together.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Appropriately post-apocalyptic. 

I also appreciate the fact that the MCU is Mets, not Yankee, centric.

Peter Parker is a neurotic who defines himself more by his tragedies than triumphs. So, of course, he’d be a Mets fan. Not Steve, though. He heard the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles, and he cried for an entire week.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 18
34 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Also-that small trailer makes me more nervous about this being the end of Chris Evans as Cap. Loved everyone suiting up and loved seeing Tony and Nebula working together.

I know by strapping the shield  down Cap cant throw it just force his way in behind it.. He may be afraid but steps into anyway just like back in the alley with the trash can lid. It looks like I will see Tony Stark engage his superpower to Flight Of The Phoenix his way home.

• Love 2

New trailer looks awesome.

On January 17, 2019 at 12:44 PM, Dandesun said:

He dies at the end of it, right? The only death in the MCU I would happily cheer for. General 'Fuckstick' Ross is the top of that particular list.

On January 17, 2019 at 12:49 PM, Wynterwolf said:

**whispers** 

He's a Skrull.  

eta:  Which means I definitely want to see Captain Marvel vaporize him with her awesome Photon Blast.  Or Goose can eat him, that would work for me too.

I would pay top dollar for that.

But personally I'm hoping that Betty comes back to reveal that she's been colluding with Rhodey, Sharon Carter and her former CIA boss the nice Agent Ross to give them the evidence of all his dirty dealings and his involvement with Abomination so that his career is totally destroyed and he rots in federal prison.

• Love 7

It looks like the dusted characters that appear in flashes before the Marvel logo are:  Hope, Fury, Peter P, Dr. Strange, Sam, Wanda, The Guardians (including Rocket?), T'Challa, Bucky and Vision.  And no Wakandans in the spot other than T'Challa.  

• Love 1

Who’s in the slowmo walk at the end? Steve, Nat, Rocket, Rhodey were the ones I could make out. Most likely also Scott and possibly Hawkeye?

I’m kinda bummed about not seeing any Wakandans-I’m sure they have their hands full defending Wakanda since they just told the world how advanced they really were but come on Marvel where is at least Okoye? And I mean at least because not having Shuri OR Okoye in this movie is a mistake.

4 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Who’s in the slowmo walk at the end? Steve, Nat, Rocket, Rhodey were the ones I could make out. Most likely also Scott and possibly Hawkeye?

It's Steve, Thor, Nat, Rocket, Scott, Rhodey and Bruce.

• Love 3
On 2/3/2019 at 6:32 PM, Lantern7 said:

Just saw a quick commercial on the Super Bowl.

I happened to be flipping through you tube as this was getting posted and I definitely thought the real trailer was a fake when I saw it, but then I saw several more. Does anyone else think this could be a bit of a fake - produced by the Russos? Steve looks really weird in that shot at the group. 

3 hours ago, BooBear said:

Steve looks really weird in that shot at the group. 

If you mean weird as in different, I suspect they're trying to show that time has passed.  The shots in the trailers are rumored to only be from the first third or so of the movie.  

Edited by Wynterwolf

Three hours? If it's that long and still manages to make half the characters cardboard cut-outs, like Infinity War did, I'll actually be impressed. but I imagine they'll trim the running time down by reducing Bucky, Falcon, Nebula, Drax, Black Widow etc to a few awkward lines and action shots.

17 hours ago, BooBear said:

I think he looks like he's desperately trying to not tear the place apart out of shear anger.

10 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

Give me a bathroom break and I’ll watch a 5 hour movie. 

Me, too!

• Love 8
On 2/5/2019 at 5:31 PM, BooBear said:

PTSD. He's at the support group Sam introduced him to in Winter Soldier (or one like it). He didn't need it then, but he does now. You can also see his hand shake when he tightens the strap on his shield.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

PTSD. He's at the support group Sam introduced him to in Winter Soldier (or one like it). He didn't need it then, but he does now. You can also see his hand shake when he tightens the strap on his shield.

He's getting help so he can rescue his husbands!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:41 PM, xaxat said:

God I hope so; I hope it isn't just an editing trick. Ideally we'd be seeing Tony get genuine professional help because the movies have been pretty upfront about his compounding PTSD over the years without helping him much (understandable from a storytelling perspective, but oy). But I'll certainly take Steve, who I firmly believe has also had PTSD since his first movie though less overtly. Though honestly there's a solid case for any of the Avengers at this point. Showing one of them at least trying to manage it would mean a lot to me.

Edited by coppersin
Corrected because apparently I'm still in denial about losing characters.
  • Love 4

Will Avengers: Endgame Be the Biggest Movie of All Time?

The Worlds of DC might have just had their first $1 billion hit with Aquaman, but that's a drop in the ocean compared to what's expected from Avengers: Endgame.

Last year, Avengers: Infinity War grossed a huge $2.05bn-the highest-grossing MCU offering to date-and cracked the all-time top five, leaving it looking like this:

Titanic - $2,187,463,944

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $2,068,223,624

Avengers: Infinity War - $2,045,422,411

Jurassic World - $1,671,713,208

Avengers: Infinity War ended on a bombshell for Marvel fans everywhere, even if they could all assure themselves that Avengers: Endgame was on the way. But that has only heightened the fevered anticipation for the movie as the question becomes HOW they will bring back our fallen heroes.

So could all that build-up lead to Avengers: Endgame breaking Avatar's incredible record as the biggest movie of all time?

I doubt it will draw in that many people who didn't see Infinity War, so it's probably going to come down to how re-watchable it is for those who've already bought in. If it has a Titanic-like run of moviegoers returning again and again over a few months it might break records.

• Love 1

That's Clint and his daughter? Are we going to get a flashback to Clint's family Dusting? 😢

I like how they put everything together, the Origin stories to how they are now. Looks like there is a time jump, although I don't know how much. I cant tell if Nat's hair is red with blonde streak or red with gray. However, it is a lot longer so I'm guessing a few years have passed since the dusting.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

So, is there any official word for when tickets go on sale? I wasn't thinking last time around, ended up with a bad seat. This time I want to get the best one if possible.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

I see Benedict Wong, Danai Guerra, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jon Faverrue listed in the cast on the bottom of the poster!

Why isn’t Danai’s name at the top? She’s on the poster so she should be there with the others also on there. 

• Love 4

So speculation:  Carol arrives after the Snap and with her help they defeat Thanos. However the Infinity Stones powers are spent and they can't reverse what happened and half the universe is still gone. Then some time passes and Scott Lang somehow makes it out of the Quantum Realm and they realize that possibility through time travel they can fix everything back to what it was before.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, wingster55 said:

Why isn’t Danai’s name at the top? She’s on the poster so she should be there with the others also on there. 

The billing on posters is complicated, and just because they're on the poster doesn't dictate name position. Don't think too much about it or you'll get a headache, especially with a cast list this huge.

Paltrow isn't a surprise, as we've known she was going to be in Endgame for almost a year (filming last summer). And the spoilers about Pepper's role are still making me squee internally the closer we get to release.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Valerie said:

The billing on posters is complicated, and just because they're on the poster doesn't dictate name position. Don't think too much about it or you'll get a headache, especially with a cast list this huge.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of it is based on the fine print the agents helped negotiate.

I do think it's funny that almost everyone is looking to their right while Thor is gazing to his left and Okoye isn't really looking at anything.  Why aren't you gawking like everyone else?

Those suits suggest that they are going into space. 

They're probably going to the quantum realm. 

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 2

I don't know I can take it... the wait or the movie itself. This movie is going to break me into pieces.

Peggy's voice over. Steve crying at her funeral. I have always thought he would stay in the past to stay with her and have that life he always wanted. 

Thor distraught and in pain because of all his losses. I wonder if the rest of the Asgardians ever found earth?

The final scenes of the remaining Avengers going off to their final battle. Those suits suggest that they are going into space. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Anduin said:

So, is there any official word for when tickets go on sale? I wasn't thinking last time around, ended up with a bad seat. This time I want to get the best one if possible.

April 2nd is what I heard. That's when they release limited times. If you wait until the Tuesday before the release, all the times are available. At least AMC does that. 

• Love 1

Figured I'd catch the new trailer before I head off to work, but I knew that was a mistake as soon as my eyes starting watering with all of the flashbacks scenes and voiceovers.  I am so not ready for this to possibly be the end for either Tony or Steve (or anyone else, but those two still top my likely suspects of not making it out alive.)

I hope they continue to keep the trailers like this, where not too much information is given out, but there is still enough to make things intriguing.  The past films and the history with the characters alone should be enough for most to want to see this film, and see how it all plays out.

I figured Carol would be in the final tag, but I really want to see what she says to make Thor do what he does.  I can't wait to see how these two play off one another.  Or, really, how Carol plays off the entire cast.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I see Benedict Wong, Danai Guerra, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jon Faverrue listed in the cast on the bottom of the poster!

Paltrow and Favarreau is fitting since like RDJ (and the character but not the actor who plays Rhodey), they were there since the very beginning.  Wong represents Doctor Strange, Guerra represents Black Panther and Ant-Man, well, represents Ant-Man.

Edited by benteen
12 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

I figured Carol would be in the final tag, but I really want to see what she says to make Thor do what he does.  I can't wait to see how these two play off one another.  Or, really, how Carol plays off the entire cast.

I think Thor's going to love having another battle-buddy around and will be very impressed with her skillset. Rhoady's going to be interested in her history with the Air Force. Nat is going to be somewhat envious of her friendship with Fury (although she'll hide it well). Banner will be annoyed/jealous that Carol's lab-accident powers are completely under her control while his are not (but he'll be professional and polite the who time). Tony and Rocket are going to *love* how snarky she is. And I think she's going to get on Steve's last nerve within a few seconds. No idea what Nebula or Okye are going to think.

I've been seeing Carol described as follows for the past few days: 'Cap gets up because it's the right thing to do, Carol get up because F**k you!' and I dont' think that's an attitude Steve appreciates. As we have seen with him and Tony time after time.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I've been seeing Carol described as follows for the past few days: 'Cap gets up because it's the right thing to do, Carol get up because F**k you!' and I dont' think that's an attitude Steve appreciates. As we have seen with him and Tony time after time.

I think he understands because of Peggy and what she had to deal with, always having to prove herself. Also a lot of Tony's attitude toward him was because of his with his dad.

I noticed that Carol was wearing lipstick in the tag. I thought she looked great but some on Twitter don't like her wearing makeup and that it's an example of the Russos "male gaze":

D1nt_sdUYAAC8WW.jpg

• Love 2