Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

Since there is going to be SO MUCH to cover, I am expecting their reunion to be fairly quick and understated, much like Steve and Bucky's was in IW.  And I am hoping that since Tony will apparently have a lot of time to think on his way back to Earth, they'll have him finally be honest with himself about his own actions too.    

Am I the only one who doesn't care at all about the Steve/Tony "reunion"? There are about 503488063 things I care about more in this movie than the MCU trying to pretend that Steve/Tony was ever anything more than two people who didn't like each other having to work together and somewhat begrudgingly learn to respect each other.

Seconding the hope that Tony and Nebula drifting in space is short. I have less than zero interest in Tony's (perpetual) dark night of the soul. Tony being honest about his own actions is way too much to ask.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care at all about the Steve/Tony "reunion"? There are about 503488063 things I care about more in this movie than the MCU trying to pretend that Steve/Tony was ever anything more than two people who didn't like each other having to work together and somewhat begrudgingly learn to respect each other.

Seconding the hope that Tony and Nebula drifting in space is short. I have less than zero interest in Tony's (perpetual) dark night of the soul. Tony being honest about his own actions is way too much to ask.

I want to like this post a million times.

• Love 4

I think for narrative purposes they do need to show character growth for Tony, especially since they've been mentioning his ego issue for... awhile (I'm watching IM3 right now... what? It's a Christmas movie!!).  But I do hope that they are efficient about it.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

I think for narrative purposes they do need to show character growth for Tony, especially since they've been mentioning his ego issue for... awhile (I'm watching IM3 right now... what? It's a Christmas movie!!).  But I do hope that they are efficient about it.  

I agree-which I wonder if Tony and Steve actual have moments of friendship that we get to see bc of Tony’s time in space. I think its the one deficit of these movies is that Steve and Tony never had those quiet moment of friendship-they just were always at odds with each other.

They did say this movie was going to be three hours right? Finding out who got dusted. Everyone is sad. Getting Tony and Nebula to everyone else. Finding Hawkeye. Scott showing up at headquarters. Marvel. Stan Lee cameo.  Figuring out a plan. Executing the plan and destroying Thanos. That is a lot of ground to cover. And hopefully filled with more fun surprises.

I really hope they dont undo too much of past Avenger movies with stopping Thanos.  If there’s a storyline I hate its the timeloop. I want deaths undone from Thanos, but I dont want previous choices and events to be undone. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, scriggle said:

I want to like this post a million times.

Ditto.

Steve & Tony are/were purely co-workers.

Tony has his set of friends (Rhodey, Pepper, Bruce, Peter) & Steve has his circle of friends (Sam, Wanda, Bucky, Sharon, Clint, Natasha, Nick) and that's perfectly fine.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

They did say this movie was going to be three hours right?

I don't think so, I think that was a misinterpretation of a comment where they were asked about the progress of the movie and they said that it was currently (at that time) about 3 hours, but that they were only half way through the editing process.  I don't think there'll be a final run time for awhile.  But yeah, there are a lot of relationships to pay off (and frankly too many for one movie) and it will be interesting to see which ones they choose to focus on.  

5 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

I really hope they dont undo too much of past Avenger movies with stopping Thanos.

Yeah, I absolutely agree.  If there's any timeline changes, I hope they're all confined to IW and Endgame.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

I agree.  Tony and Cap were friendly coworkers and were part of a team who went through hell and back more than once, so I do want them to tie up that loose end, but, I don't need them to spend too much time on it.

1 hour ago, Wynterwolf said:

I don't think so, I think that was a misinterpretation of a comment where they were asked about the progress of the movie and they said that it was currently (at that time) about 3 hours, but that they were only half way through the editing process.  I don't think there'll be a final run time for awhile.  But yeah, there are a lot of relationships to pay off (and frankly too many for one movie) and it will be interesting to see which ones they choose to focus on. 

I can deal with an almost 3 hour movie for the final movie with most of the core characters.  Personally, I'd sit through 5 hours if they gave us a 15 minute intermission after 2 and half, but that's just me. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

They did say this movie was going to be three hours right? Finding out who got dusted. Everyone is sad. Getting Tony and Nebula to everyone else. Finding Hawkeye. Scott showing up at headquarters. Marvel. Stan Lee cameo.  Figuring out a plan. Executing the plan and destroying Thanos. That is a lot of ground to cover. And hopefully filled with more fun surprises.

Also Captain Marvel showing up at some point.

I wonder what stopping Thanos is going to look like at this point. He seemed like hw was basically retired. Do the stones/gauntlet still work at this point. If they find another way to reverse the snap does he try and stop them. Do they have to decide if they kill him at the end like in Operation Galactic Storm?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Do the stones/gauntlet still work at this point.

I think the stones still having power is a given at this point.  The Russos had also mentioned something about others adversaries in the Galaxy trying to take advantage of the chaos that Thanos had created, and taking control from him.  

It's also been rumored for a long time that the Yakuza that Clint is tangling with were Skrull shapechangers... so that could be how Captain Marvel ends up tying in.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also I am kind of disappointed we didn't see any Rocket in the trailer. I realy want to see what he is up to spending time with all these weird humans.

I bet we'll see him in the next one.

There's no way I'm going to able to avoid watching the next trailer is there? *sigh* I won't be able to stay out of this thread and off Reddit that long. lol

• Love 3

I think all of these scenes will be shown to take place early in the movie if not at the beginning.  Clint's reveal is the only scene I can see taking place later on and, even then, I don't think it'll be too much later since I expect Nat to search for him once they've regrouped.  That's all I've got for now.

• Love 1
On 12/7/2018 at 6:29 AM, Wynterwolf said:

Yeah, she had failed to save Vision.  

Also in the trailer... Steve looking at Peggy's picture in the locket.  The last time he did that, he flew a plane into the ice.  

How did Captain Roger's US Army issue compass, seen in the newsreel footage  to let American's back home know that Captain America had a girl back home from WWII become a "locket"?

17 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I hope not. I think Hawkeye is one of the weakest Avengers and I find Jeremy Renner annoying. However, I do hope that we see Okoye, Shuri, and M'Baku prominently teaming up with the remaining Avengers.

I agree. I don't like Renner. It's too bad Jensen Ackles from Supernatural turned down the role of  Hawkeyes.  He would have been great. 

• Love 2

LOL.  Yes, I did misspeak (or type?), but for all intents and purposes the compass is functioning as a locket would in this context, since I have a feeling Steve doesn't have a current functional reason to carry a WWII compass around.  The only difference between his compass and the definition of a locket is that he probably isn't wearing it around his neck since I'm guessing it would be kinda heavy and would probably keep bopping him in the face.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

I agree. I don't like Renner. It's too bad Jensen Ackles from Supernatural turned down the role of  Hawkeyes.  He would have been great. 

I am not a fan of Renner or Ackles. Maybe I was destined to not like the casted version of Hawkeye.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

I am not a fan of Renner or Ackles. Maybe I was destined to not like the casted version of Hawkeye.

For me I just find that the character has no personality. Although it is not his fault since Tony Stark basically stole the personality from comic book hawkeye.

• Love 1

Another wish for this: Cassie Lang pops out of the van and when Scott is asked why she's there she replies that 'Thanos dusted Mom and Stepdad. Daddy said I have to be supervised while he gets them back. Got any juice?' and runs off like a normal kid while they all stare flabbergasted. 

Scott was way too chill to not know something about reversing the Snapture. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Another wish for this: Cassie Lang pops out of the van and when Scott is asked why she's there she replies that 'Thanos dusted Mom and Stepdad. Daddy said I have to be supervised while he gets them back. Got any juice?' and runs off like a normal kid while they all stare flabbergasted. 

Scott was way too chill to not know something about reversing the Snapture. 

Scott's chillness makes me wonder if anyone in his life besides the Pyms got dusted. Maybe Agent Jimmy Woo or the manager at the Baskin-Robbins. Or maybe Luis got dusted and we get a brief recap of what happened by Kurt and Dave doing their best Luis. Or maybe Luis is fine. I would love it if almost all of the Antourage survived and was packed in that van: Scott, Cassie, Luis, Dave, Kurt, Maggie, and Paxton. Scott basically keeping nearly everyone he loves while Hawkeye, Thor, and Rocket losing everyone they love actually serves as an effective reminder how arbitrary and stupid the Snapture is. We keep Scott's three wombats, but lose Hank, Janet and Hope. No thank you and I love the wombats.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Scott's chillness makes me wonder if anyone in his life besides the Pyms got dusted. Maybe Agent Jimmy Woo or the manager at the Baskin-Robbins. Or maybe Luis got dusted and we get a brief recap of what happened by Kurt and Dave doing their best Luis. Or maybe Luis is fine. I would love it if almost all of the Antourage survived and was packed in that van: Scott, Cassie, Luis, Dave, Kurt, Maggie, and Paxton. Scott basically keeping nearly everyone he loves while Hawkeye, Thor, and Rocket losing everyone they love actually serves as an effective reminder how arbitrary and stupid the Snapture is. We keep Scott's three wombats, but lose Hank, Janet and Hope. No thank you and I love the wombats.

Maybe it is not chillness maybe it is more like his brain has been overwhelmed and he has no other response. Keep in mind he just drove across the US in what seems like not too long after the dusting. With how creepy that last post credit scene in Ant Man and the Wasp was I can't imagine driving across an entire country and the amount of crazy stuff he must have seen. Like not only did half the population dissappear but there would be countless people dying after airline pilots get dusted, or anyone driving a car, or doctors performing surgery or anyone who takes care of a baby or a disabled/elderly person (if the caregiver doesn't have any support or backup). Seeing that kind of thing would break anyone's brain.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Spoiler

Emma Fuhrmann, the actress they (presumably) cast for Cassie, was 16 at the time of filming.

• Love 1

I'm totally fine with Steve and Tony being super glad that the other is alive because, you know, so many others disintegrating... and then getting down to work because Tony has info, Nebula has info, Scott will be there with some info, they can put heads together with Bruce and find Shuri and figure shit out. I definitely don't want them crying over a friendship that ranks low on the totem pole for both of them.

Will there be an awkward moment when Tony tries to give Steve the shield back and Steve's all 'Um... these gauntlet shields that T'Challa and Shuri gave me are really awesome? So... yeah...'

Of course not, Steve will happily take the shield back and it will be A Moment. But it'd be funny if he stuck with the Wakandan designed stuff.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

Of course not, Steve will happily take the shield back and it will be A Moment. But it'd be funny if he stuck with the Wakandan designed stuff.

I didn't like them, they were OK but didn't have that same feeling as the round Shield. I hope Tony does give it back and Steve uses it but, I might be alone in that.

• Love 9

I'm the person that doesn't care if Steve and Tony's reunion is 2 minutes or 10. I'll be okay with either way it goes. I'm more interested in Nat and Steve, and Tony and his new bff, Nebula.

ETA: I do want him to get the shield back. Shield is my favorite character. I miss her.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

Yeah, I missed the Captain America round shield. Why does Tony have it? I missed that one.

Steve dropped it at the end of Civil War when Tony told him the shield didn't belong to him (as Steve was leaving with Bucky).  It was the second time he essentially dropped the shield for Bucky.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

Steve dropped it at the end of Civil War when Tony told him the shield didn't belong to him (as Steve was leaving with Bucky).

Right, I only watched Civil War, one painful time so I forgot.

• Love 2
On 12/9/2018 at 9:11 AM, Wynterwolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Emma Fuhrmann, the actress they (presumably) cast for Cassie, was 16 at the time of filming.

Interesting. If this is true, I wonder why they would do that since the movie, I'm assuming, picks up not long after the other one ended.  That age difference would be so glaringly obvious that it would be distracting (unless there's more than one time jump as they try to figure out the best course of action).

On 12/10/2018 at 8:21 PM, anna0852 said:

I'm hoping the 16 year old Cassie is some sort of epilogue. Or that she's encountered in passing due to time travel from unsnapping the Universe. Not an indication of time permanently passed.

Can't do to too much of a permanent jump if you still want to keep Peter Parker in high school.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Can't do to too much of a permanent jump if you still want to keep Peter Parker in high school.

Yeah, I think any time jump would need to be reversed within the narrative.  And even if the actress is 16, she can likely play somewhat younger (14-15).  Scott said "a few years..." which could cover quite a range, but Steve's comment felt like a significant amount of time might have passed by the time Scott shows up and I suspect we'd only see Cassie in conjunction with Scott.    

21 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I would expect Nebula to have a large-ish role since her storyline is strongly connected to Thanos (in the GotG movies).

Yeah, and Scott (since he in that promo art too) with his tie to the Quantum Realm element... and of course, Captain Marvel.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Is anyone concerned that Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross will continue to fail upward and be the President of the United States for most of this movie?

Even if the odds are small that the four above him got snaptured in the decimation the US Secretary Of State is pretty high in the line of succession,. You just need one more than what happened in San Francisco at the quantum tunnel. And William Hurt is probably a bigger draw than William Sadler

12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Is anyone concerned that Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross will continue to fail upward and be the President of the United States for most of this movie?

I had this same thought. Ross is the asshole who proves the Peter Principle. 

• Love 1