Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Wynterwolf said:

Yeah, I'd assume they'd think everyone that was missing is dead.  Especially since Scott will probably have been gone for years at that point.  But Wakanda has hidden from the world for their entire existence.  It's been part of their cultural heritage and T'Challa was only just starting to change it, so I could see Shuri and Okoye going underground after something so catastrophic, and then working in secret.  But they also mess with trailers, so it also might not be a real shot, especially since her picture morphs into Peter.  

The Avengers were in Wakanda at the time of the snap, so I don’t think Shuri still being alive would be unknown to them.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SeanC said:

The Avengers were in Wakanda at the time of the snap, so I don’t think Shuri still being alive would be unknown to them.

Yeah, you're right... that's why I like @SnoGirl's speculation much better than mine.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Yep, already crying after just a trailer. I am gonna be SUCH a mess in this movie y’all. 

Before we got the official title, I was referring to this movie as Avengers: Hold Me While I Cry. I suspect many of us will be a mess. Hell, I'll probably still be a blubbering mess on my third viewing.

• Love 18

Feelings... such strong feelings...

I don't think I've got anything to speculate or consider or even dig deep about just yet. I'm just... feeling things.

Oh, I did flail a bit when I saw Ronin. But mostly this was 'Avengers: I Want To Hug Everyone' for me.

• Love 7

Let us chat about my newest obsession: Steve and Peggy. My dream scenario is that Steve is reunited with Peggy by the Time Stone. Does her prominence in the trailer means that there is a chance that something like occurs? It is the only way I can bare Steve leaving the Avengers is if he has a happy reunion with Peggy. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

SOMEBODY SAVE TONY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! Sad Tony, Steve with that tear track on his face. I'm just glad they didn't show my favorite critter. I don't think my heart could take it. I'm going to go to this movie by myself so I can cry in peace.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Yeah, I'd assume they'd think everyone that was missing is dead.  Especially since Scott will probably have been gone for years at that point.  But Wakanda has hidden from the world for their entire existence.  It's been part of their cultural heritage and T'Challa was only just starting to change it, so I could see Shuri and Okoye going underground after something so catastrophic, and then working in secret.  But they also mess with trailers, so it also might not be a real shot, especially since her picture morphs into Peter. 

They could just be the Missing.  After 50% of everyone (everything) is wiped out it may take some time to work out who actually lived and who died.  Scott was trapped in the Quantum Realm, Peter was offworld (and dusted but no one but Tony and nebula know that) and Shuri may just be missing for one reason or another.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

That trailer revealed virtually nothing but my god am I a mess over it. 

Tony recording that message for Pepper not even knowing if she's alive is heartbreaking. I love me some gravitas.

I am wrecked. 

• Love 2

Damn, Clint's face was something.  I have to imagine that his family was dusted and he's on the warpath.  Curious to see him and Natasha team-up, again.

Notice that we have both Tony giving a final (or is it?!) message to Pepper and a shot of Steve looking at Peggy's photo.

Suspected that they were going to try and end things on a lighter note, and sure enough, good old Scott is here, asking to get buzzed in!

Good trailer.  Still mainly keeping their cards close to their chests, but showing enough to be intrigued over how the Avengers will handle this and if this will be the final mission for some of them.

• Love 8

I did like Scott going through so much to explain who he was because, yeah, they don't really know him. Sam knew about his existence because of their brief spar and it's probably safe to say that there wasn't a lot of 'getting to know you' conversations when they all gathered for the big fight in Germany. So, yeah, 'Hi!! We met a couple of years ago? I got really big?' totally makes sense.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I was thinking the rest of the Asgardian crew the ones Thanos didn't kill. However, Captain Marvel would also make sense. My dream/wish - Lady Sif and Beta Ray Bill (not happening, I know 😔)

Do we know if Valkyrie is dead or if she made it out after Thanos took the ship?

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Let us chat about my newest obsession: Steve and Peggy. My dream scenario is that Steve is reunited with Peggy by the Time Stone. Does her prominence in the trailer means that there is a chance that something like occurs? It is the only way I can bare Steve leaving the Avengers is if he has a happy reunion with Peggy. 

This and something I heard a while back about some old CA sets/costumes had me thinking (and this may have been discussed already--I don't follow the Marvel thread and stop following movie threads after a couple of weeks): What if part of the fix is to reset the universe?  Then Steve could finally be with Peggy, Bruce would not create the Hulk, Loki would have been told the truth as child and his relationship with Thor and Odin would be better, Tony would have a better relationship with his dad, thus his future self wouldn't be so filled with angst, Natasha wouldn't have to suffer the cruel training and graduation program, etc..........

I know it's too much to cover in a few minutes at the end of the movie and I doubt they could get all the right people for cameos, but it was just something I was mulling over. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Do we know if Valkyrie is dead or if she made it out after Thanos took the ship?

I don't know if the Russos have confirmed if Valkyrie is alive, but I think that she, Korg, and Miek are likely alive with the rest of the Asgardians since Marvel has plans for these characters.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

This and something I heard a while back about some old CA sets/costumes had me thinking (and this may have been discussed already--I don't follow the Marvel thread and stop following movie threads after a couple of weeks): What if part of the fix is to reset the universe?  Then Steve could finally be with Peggy, Bruce would not create the Hulk, Loki would have been told the truth as child and his relationship with Thor and Odin would be better, Tony would have a better relationship with his dad, thus his future self wouldn't be so filled with angst, Natasha wouldn't have to suffer the cruel training and graduation program, etc..........

I think that there will be a time reset, but not that far back. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm so not ready for this...chills just watching it.

3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Yep, already crying after just a trailer. I am gonna be SUCH a mess in this movie y’all. 

Same.  *sniffles*  Oh Steve.  You’re going to break my heart, aren’t you. 😭

• Love 4

I'm with you @Dandesun I want to see them making their various peaces and growing from the experiences. Time reset isn't going to do that.

Take cap and Peggy for example. Cap doesn't die in 1945 and they end up spending their lives together. That negates the apparently happy marriage that Peggy found for herself and the children that resulted. Along with her immensely satisfying and important career within Shield. What is gained? For that matter, how well did Cap and Peggy even know each other when he died? They've been flirting and talking a bit and doing the longing glances thing but we're rarely even in the same room for very long. The first kiss was as Cap was climbing aboard that aircraft in the first place!

• Love 13

We've seen ALL of these movies. If Steve got to go back in time, he's going after Bucky. Bucky comes first. He's going to find him, or even go back to the train and save him from falling in the first place, and make sure the Winter Solider either never happens or is recovered ASAP. Which then means that Bucky never kills the Starks and Howard's super soldier serum doesn't get commandeered by HYDRA...

Look, I just don't see a reset happening at all. They're continuing with the MCU, not starting over.

• Love 10

I can't wait for this movie! I think that Tony and Nabula ran out of fuel or something. That isn't something they can fix right away. I assume that they will be able to get it at some point, as Tony needs to have scenes with Steve (and other characters). It was great to see both Hawkeye and antman ( I do hope they explain how he got out of the quadum relm).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

I'm with you @Dandesun I want to see them making their various peaces and growing from the experiences. Time reset isn't going to do that.

Take cap and Peggy for example. Cap doesn't die in 1945 and they end up spending their lives together. That negates the apparently happy marriage that Peggy found for herself and the children that resulted. Along with her immensely satisfying and important career within Shield. What is gained? For that matter, how well did Cap and Peggy even know each other when he died? They've been flirting and talking a bit and doing the longing glances thing but we're rarely even in the same room for very long. The first kiss was as Cap was climbing aboard that aircraft in the first place!

Agreed. If Steve lives (please God) he needs to move on with his life. Peggy got to have a life and so should he.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Omg. I didn’t know how much I wantes this until now. I want Pepper suited up. 

5 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Yeah, you're right... that's why I like @SnoGirl's speculation much better than mine.  

4 hours ago, Lugal said:

They could just be the Missing.  After 50% of everyone (everything) is wiped out it may take some time to work out who actually lived and who died.  Scott was trapped in the Quantum Realm, Peter was offworld (and dusted but no one but Tony and nebula know that) and Shuri may just be missing for one reason or another.

I was just coming here to update my theory. I watched the trailer again (and by again I mean five times) and I noticed it does say MISSING in red on the screen when Banner is looking at Peter, Shuri and Scott. Which makes sense. Wonder if M’Baku was like, “everyone got dusted, have to protect Wakanda” and teamed up with Shuri. Okoye was with everyone at the end, so I wonder why Shuri is missing, you know Okoye would have immediately went back to protect Wakanda but couldn’t find Shuri?

3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Damn, Clint's face was something.  I have to imagine that his family was dusted and he's on the warpath.  Curious to see him and Natasha team-up, again.

Notice that we have both Tony giving a final (or is it?!) message to Pepper and a shot of Steve looking at Peggy's photo.

Suspected that they were going to try and end things on a lighter note, and sure enough, good old Scott is here, asking to get buzzed in!

Good trailer.  Still mainly keeping their cards close to their chests, but showing enough to be intrigued over how the Avengers will handle this and if this will be the final mission for some of them.

I really want to see Hawkeye with the main players. He always seems to have his own side-story. I want him interacting with Cap, Tony, Banner and of course Natasha. I’ve loved their friendship since Budapest.  I definitely want to see the spies fight together again. Actually, I’d love to see him with Okoye too. I think he would be impressed with her, even rib Natasha about who the better fighter is.

I hope Valkyrie shows up to save Tony. She, Tony and Nebula would be a hoot. 

I think I might start an Avengers marathon....

• Love 5

My worst spec: Steven dies for reals

My best Spec: Steve lives and continues fighting (or retires). Sign on for more movies Chris!

My bittersweet ending: Steve goes back in time, gets Peggy but leaves everyone else behind

My tragic ending: Steve lives but, sacrifices his Super Soldier abilities.  Shows that it wasn't the formula that made him a hero.

As you can see mostly everything focuses on Cap...he's my favorite.

I know there's a ton of spec (has been since Infinity War) that there would be a time jump but, it doesn't seem like much of one. Some scenes are directly connected others maybe sometime later. The only ones that makes me think of an actual time jump is the Scott scene (since he says a few years where we know Civil War as 2 years before Infinity War - IIRC) and the Widow/Clint scene, nothing specific, just the feel of it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

I was thinking they might go for Infinity Crusade. But I can see that the word crusade wouldn't play wonderfully in Islamic countries. My other guess was 4VENGERS, but I hate that kind of thing and hopefully so does Feige.

Just now, Joe said:

I was thinking they might go for Infinity Crusade. But I can see that the word crusade wouldn't play wonderfully in Islamic countries. My other guess was 4VENGERS, but I hate that kind of thing and hopefully so does Feige.

If they called it Crusade, I'd want the actual Crusade storyline with the X-Men, Warlock and The Goddess. I think that was the first Marvel Comic Wide Crossover I ever read.

26 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Okoye was with everyone at the end, so I wonder why Shuri is missing, you know Okoye would have immediately went back to protect Wakanda but couldn’t find Shuri?

If 50% of every living thing died, that would include the heart-shaped herb so I wonder if Shuri, being the last member of the royal family to survive (don't know about Ramonda but Shuri is now the heir) is securing whatever survived and becoming the Black Panther.  And last we saw they were attacking her lab, so she could have been driven off into hiding by that.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lugal said:

If 50% of every living thing died, that would include the heart-shaped herb so I wonder if Shuri, being the last member of the royal family to survive (don't know about Ramonda but Shuri is now the heir) is securing whatever survived and becoming the Black Panther.  And last we saw they were attacking her lab, so she could have been driven off into hiding by that.

Didn't Killmonger destroy all of those flowers?

2 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Take cap and Peggy for example. Cap doesn't die in 1945 and they end up spending their lives together. That negates the apparently happy marriage that Peggy found for herself and the children that resulted. Along with her immensely satisfying and important career within Shield.

We've never actually seen or learned the identity of Peggy's Husband (supposedly Agent Carter was going to address his identity but they got cancelled), if Time Travel is involved it could be a closed loop where Steve is sent back into the past and HE becomes Peggy's husband and lays low under an fake name/identity.

Of course that would make his kiss with Sharron extra weird, so, uh ... maybe not.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I was just coming here to update my theory. I watched the trailer again (and by again I mean five times) and I noticed it does say MISSING in red on the screen when Banner is looking at Peter, Shuri and Scott. Which makes sense.

I wasn't aware the majority of Avengers knew who Peter was... so that is kind of interesting for me to see.

Edited by BooBear
5 minutes ago, BooBear said:

I wasn't aware the majority of Avengers who knew Peter was... so that is kind of interesting to me to see.

Interesting point, I could see Rhodey and Pepper knowing who Peter was and telling Bruce and the others.  

Also, Tony likely doesn't know when he's making that recording whether Pepper is alive or dusted.  

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, BooBear said:

I wasn't aware the majority of Avengers who knew Peter was... so that is kind of interesting to me to see.

Do we know Happy's status? He'd know Peter. And Pepper does too, since she organized the press conference to introduce him at the end of Homecoming. Bruce would know that Spiderman left with Tony and Strange, so maybe they were able to work it out that he is Peter from something Tony left behind. Or Aunt May might still be around and came asking questions of people associated with Stark. 

I hadn't thought about it till you mentioned it, but it is fun to think through who would be left and what information they would be able to share. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Didn't Killmonger destroy all of those flowers?

I've always suspected that the Wakandans have saved seeds and like Wynterwolf said, the roots could have survived the fire and grown back.

1 hour ago, BooBear said:

I  think that since Tony Stark held out the invitation to Peter Parker  the post Civil War Avengers may have been aware. But when Dr. Banner returned to Earth he definitely didn't know about Spider-Man or Ant-Man. The others knew the suit if not the boy  inside it.

54 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Do we know Happy's status? He'd know Peter. And Pepper does too, since she organized the press conference to introduce him at the end of Homecoming.

I hadn't thought about it till you mentioned it, but it is fun to think through who would be left and what information they would be able to share. 

Happy would know. But interestingly, have you noticed that Pepper refers to him as "the kid" in homcoming and even in infinity war when Spiderman shows up Tony says "hey kid"... also Rhody asks in Civil War how old this "kid" is. I can see Tony being protective about Peter's actual identity.  That being said, obviously from this trailer someone knows.  Unless this is misdirection by the Russos.

Edited by BooBear
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

I love Scott soooo much.  And I love the undusting of the Avenger's logo.  Also MUCH prefer Endgame over any of the other titles that were floated.  

I like it too, although I do wonder what the point of keeping it secret for so long. It's not like they called it "The Death of Captain America"

10 hours ago, Smad said:

Well if Nebula is with him then I don't get how they are adrift in space without food/water. She knows the galaxy after all. Did they go off course or something? Seems weird.

Thanos dropped a moon on them during the battle. Space ships not working right doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

I did love Tony calling Pepper "Miss Potts". Made me think of the earliest Iron Man stories and then made me think of Stan.

8 hours ago, festivus said:

I know! Sad Tony, Steve with that tear track on his face. I'm just glad they didn't show my favorite critter. I don't think my heart could take it. I'm going to go to this movie by myself so I can cry in peace.

That has to be like a worst nightmare for Tony; dying alone because some piece of technology is broken and he can't fix it.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I really want to see Hawkeye with the main players. He always seems to have his own side-story. I want him interacting with Cap, Tony, Banner and of course Natasha. I’ve loved their friendship since Budapest.  I definitely want to see the spies fight together again. Actually, I’d love to see him with Okoye too. I think he would be impressed with her, even rib Natasha about who the better fighter is.

I hope not. I think Hawkeye is one of the weakest Avengers and I find Jeremy Renner annoying. However, I do hope that we see Okoye, Shuri, and M'Baku prominently teaming up with the remaining Avengers.

7 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

We've never actually seen or learned the identity of Peggy's Husband (supposedly Agent Carter was going to address his identity but they got cancelled), if Time Travel is involved it could be a closed loop where Steve is sent back into the past and HE becomes Peggy's husband and lays low under an fake name/identity.

Of course that would make his kiss with Sharron extra weird, so, uh ... maybe not.

I love this! To mix my sci fi franchises, "make it so, Marvel!" As for Sharon, I have wiped any involvement Steve had with her from my mind. Please join me everyone.

Btw, I intend to share "part of the journey is the end" as my newest words of profound wisdom to everyone I encounter.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Interesting point, I could see Rhodey and Pepper knowing who Peter was and telling Bruce and the others.  

I think it would almost certainly be Happy. He obviously cared a lot about Peter in their last scenes in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, SimoneS said:

So cool. I would love it if Pepper rescues Tony and Nebula.

Like many, many people, I find Paltrow's public persona really annoying, but I have always loved her as Pepper, and yes, I have also always wanted to see her as Rescue.  I have always been surprised that Tony hasn't build her a suit.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, starri said:

Like many, many people, I find Paltrow's public persona really annoying, but I have always loved her as Pepper, and yes, I have also always wanted to see her as Rescue.  I have always been surprised that Tony hasn't build her a suit.

You mean he hasn't reveled the suit to her, much like the extra Spider-Man sets he drops on Peter Parker. After Iron Man 3 you can head canon that she has armored protection ready to move whenever he or his AI perceives a threat.

• Love 3

I want to head cannon that Tony has to repair Nebula's mechanical parts for some reason and because his method is different from Thanos (asks before touching,  explaining what he's doing, his best effort to avoid pain) the experience cements her loyalty to him. And then the results of that loyalty the next time Tony and Cap disagree with each other :-)

In all seriousness I don't think the T/C reunion will be easy. The Snapture is a *massive * I told you so from a very damaged Tony waiting to happen. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

In all seriousness I don't think the T/C reunion will be easy. The Snapture is a *massive * I told you so from a very damaged Tony waiting to happen.

Since there is going to be SO MUCH to cover, I am expecting their reunion to be fairly quick and understated, much like Steve and Bucky's was in IW.  And I am hoping that since Tony will apparently have a lot of time to think on his way back to Earth, they'll have him finally be honest with himself about his own actions too.    

• Love 6

I'm so ready to see Tony and Nebula which is friendship I never knew I needed. The thing I'm most excited for though is Steve and Natasha and I hope we get a shitload of it. (you know before one or both of them buys the farm) Their friendship is hands down my favorite thing in the MCU.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Raja said:

You mean he hasn't reveled the suit to her, much like the extra Spider-Man sets he drops on Peter Parker. After Iron Man 3 you can head canon that she has armored protection ready to move whenever he or his AI perceives a threat.

I have often wondered why Tony never bothered to equip the rest of the Avengers with Stark Tech/armour. I mean even in the first battle scene in Age of Ultron he couldn't give Clint or Natasha some armour pieces for protection?

3 minutes ago, festivus said:

I'm so ready to see Tony and Nebula which is friendship I never knew I needed. 

Also I am kind of disappointed we didn't see any Rocket in the trailer. I realy want to see what he is up to spending time with all these weird humans.

Also speaking of Tony and Steve I am kind of thinking the fact that the team was split up led to Tony being lost in space. Because they weren't really coordinating their attack response and no one really knows where he went. If they did Thor could rescue him easily with Stormbreaker and the Bifrost.

• Love 2
On 12/7/2018 at 9:29 AM, Wynterwolf said:

Also in the trailer... Steve looking at Peggy's picture in the locket.  The last time he did that, he flew a plane into the ice.  

My daughter pointed that out and we were both like "noooooo!!!!" I need Steve to survive this movie.
I have about 500 thoughts after watching the trailer several times. Not happy that Shuri is listed as "missing" as it totally blew my Shuri will be Black Panther in T'Challa's absence theory, but after reading some comments here and elsewhere, perhaps she isn't really missing.

So many feelings about Tony adrift in space. I hope that part of the movie isn't too long, he needs to be reunited with the Avengers. 
Hawkeye looks pretty badass and he's not even one of my favorites. 
Love Scott and it's interesting that the trailer gives away that he got out of the quantum realm. 

• Love 5