Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

There is video (appears to be footage recorded at a screening. no way to know if it's real but it appears to be real) floating around twitter, so be careful out there on social media... (I have not watched the video, but I have read a summary of the footage).

Yep, I watched the video this morning.  Its bits of scenes throughout, so not one cohesive scene.  Looks like it was from a middle east screening?  Looks to be Arabic subtitles.

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Guess, i need to stay off Social Media and possibly pretv for awhile...or at least until i cave and search out the spoilers.

It is worse than just social media, I hit Google to check the weather and sitting there on the front page is this actor spoiled what is happening to his character. Along with how he spoiled it in the headline 

2 minutes ago, Raja said:

It is worse than just social media, I hit Google to check the weather and sitting there on the front page is this actor spoiled what is happening to his character. Along with how he spoiled it in the headline 

oh no, no no i don't want to know LOL  Must stay strong only 11 days to go!

2 minutes ago, festivus said:

There shouldn't be any spoilers in this thread until the movie starts showing right?

There shouldn't. But anyone can post anything. Foilers, spoilers, whatever. Be wary.

2 hours ago, festivus said:

There shouldn't be any spoilers in this thread until the movie starts showing right?

What did the Hydra Dr. say about the death of Howard Stark? 

Spoiler

Accidents do happen 

They just had to put Vision's "A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts" in there. Forget just sticking a few in my Captain America purse, I'm gonna roll into this movie with the whole box of tissues.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 7

I'm just gonna roll up to my theater with a whole box of tissues and hand them out as needed. I'm sure I'll only use half the box. 

ETA: If theaters were smart, they'd have boxes at the concession stand and maybe someone handing them out upon entering and exiting the theater. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Well, crap. Time to get off social media, duck out of this thread till after the 25th, and unfollow all my nerd channels that do break down videos. 

Basically, I will spend the next 8 days with my eyes closed and my hands over my ears singing "lalalala" 😆

See you all on the 26th! 

• Love 3
On 4/16/2019 at 5:12 PM, SimoneS said:

Gawd, you are killing me Marvel.

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame | "To the End"

"Ensuring freedom around the world."

"A hero to the world."

"A beacon of hope.". . . 

"A bunch of A holes."

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, wingster55 said:

If they try to spend a significant amount of time on Tony and his shallow pain vs. Cap, Nat, Hawkeye, Okoye and Thor....I'm going to rage. 

One would hope that Tony being stuck with Nebula should stop him from navel-gazing and lamenting his tragic life. She's not going to stand for that shit, and as soon as he starts, she should be shutting it down.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, wingster55 said:

If they try to spend a significant amount of time on Tony and his shallow pain vs. Cap, Nat, Hawkeye, Okoye and Thor....I'm going to rage. 

Keep in mind that Nat, Okoye and probably Thor are going to be featured in future movies and Hawkeye is getting his own show.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Keep in mind that Nat, Okoye and probably Thor are going to be featured in future movies and Hawkeye is getting his own show.

But none of that was a done deal except for Okoye in BP2. AIW & AE were filmed simultaneously and wrapped almost 2 years ago. Another Thor movie is not a sure thing.

The Russos are on record as saying AE would focus on those characters that had little screentime in AIW. Not that I believe that will happen. I fully expect Tony to get the most screentime (at the expense of other characters) because he always does and they'll shoehorn in how great the friendship is between Tony and Steve. Something that has never been established in the MCU.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

That's irrelevant in the plot of this movie. All those characters I mentioned have lost more than Tony. 

14 hours ago, scriggle said:

But none of that was a done deal except for Okoye in BP2. AIW & AE were filmed simultaneously and wrapped almost 2 years ago. Another Thor movie is not a sure thing.

The Russos are on record as saying AE would focus on those characters that had little screentime in AIW. Not that I believe that will happen. I fully expect Tony to get the most screentime (at the expense of other characters) because he always does and they'll shoehorn in how great the friendship is between Tony and Steve. Something that has never been established in the MCU.

I hadn't heard that..hope it's true. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Five more days! For me.

One more whole day for me.

Here's something funny. In Oz, movies normally come out on Thursdays. But Marvel is putting their April movies out on a Wednesday, wedged in between Easter and Anzac Day, when most people are taking time off work anyway. That'll help boost the ticket sales.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Anduin said:

One more whole day for me.

Here's something funny. In Oz, movies normally come out on Thursdays. But Marvel is putting their April movies out on a Wednesday, wedged in between Easter and Anzac Day, when most people are taking time off work anyway. That'll help boost the ticket sales.

Thanks now I have a leave the tread point until my Sunday matinee 

Ugh.  I still have to wait for Saturday afternoon.  Part of me wants to come in here like I always do and read the first lines of the reviews of everyone who has seen it first, just to get the general "Wow!" or "Meh" reactions, but every so often, someone puts a big plot point in their first line.  Normally, I just shrug and think "Well, it was a risk you took when you decided to do this", but this time, I truly don't want to be spoiled, so I'll be on a complete and total Endgame black out from Wednesday until Saturday night.  I just hope nothing comes up on FB or Twitter. 

I am going Saturday afternoon, but I know myself, no way I am staying out of this thread. I want to be spoiled. I prefer to brace myself for heartbreaking news.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I am going Saturday afternoon, but I know myself, no way I staying out of this thread. I want to be spoiled. I prefer to brace myself for heartbreaking news.

Me too.  Depending on hubby's work schedule we will be going either Sunday or Monday night.

I always say I'll stay away from spoilers, I'm just too weak!

But also, I'm not always good with things, like certain aspects of violence or embarrassment (firsthand or secondhand). The first time I saw a version of The Passion as a kid, I dreamt that all my friends and I were being crucified and it takes me hours to watch one convention panel, I have to keep pausing. It's easier for me to watch if I know beforehand what I'm going to be watching.

Edited by Vera

I'm going Friday afternoon, and I might be able to hold out on most spoilers except one: I want to know beforehand if that fucker Ross is finally going to get some comeuppance! It's weird that I'm more focused on him than Thanos but I already know Thanos will be going down one way or another.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

Yeah, I want to know, so I can brace myself.  My biggest fear has turned from Steve dying (now #2) to Steve going back in time, so I’m going to be checking as soon as possible.

ETA:  oh no, I didn’t mean that to be a reply to @Anduin, sorry.  That posted while I was posting.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Guys, I won't spoil in public. However, you can message me if you need to know something specific.

It's not you we worry about but those Hydra click bait sites and excited kids

• Love 4

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Presales Estimated At $120M+; $300M Domestic Opening In Play

When Endgame first hit tracking, we reported that an unprecedented $300M opening for Endgame wasn’t out of the question despite the pic having a 3 hour, 1 minute running time. (Avengers: Infinity War ran 2 hours, 29 minutes, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens clocked in at 2:16.) Math provided to Deadline by B.O. analysts specified that four or five showtimes a day of Endgame on five to eight screens per location, at a 70% capacity at 12,000 U.S. auditoriums, could make that box office threshold.

Again, when tracking is this bananas off the chart, and Endgame is well ahead of Infinity War in all categories and demos, the science of projecting a three-day weekend breaks down because the sampling of movies that have debuted to north of $200M is so small. More realistic projections for Endgame have it beating Infinity War‘s all-time domestic opening record of $257.6M last year at this time, and coming in within a range of $260M-$270M.

Marvel studios has posted most of the previous credit scenes on Twitter. This includes the one from Captain Marvel that ties directly into Endgame.