Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: The Wheels on the Dog go Round and Round

3 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

I moved my mattress and foundation to the floor and slept on it for 2 years because my dog could no longer get up and down, on and off the bed. 

Aw. 

Sorry for your loss, too. I wish you and your two current dogs long and happy lives. 

• Love 6
On 12/7/2018 at 9:46 AM, rubaco said:

"We need a stair chair! And more yard! We have to move!" He was adorable.

But my favorite part of the episode was Murphy explaining the elevator to the dog ("It's called an elevator. You get on, you get off."). I totally explain things like that to my own dogs ("We're going to stop for gas because the car needs gas in order to go") and I've always figured it's weird. But hey, Murphy Brown does it, so that makes it cool.

My poor old cat was terrified of getting in the car and used to lose control of his bladder every time we went to the vet.  I felt so bad that my fastididious little guy always had to sit in a carrier with his urine every time we went.

Then on Flipping Out a few years ago, Jeff Lewis had some pet psychic or pet therapist come see his depressed cat.  The psychic said that Jeff just need to calmly explain what was going on to his pet in any given circumstance.

The next time I took my cat to the vet, I explained in a very normal voice/tone that we were going to the vet, everything would be okay, and we would be home soon.  I did that the whole ride there and back.

That cured his whole trauma of the car ride.  I never believed it would work, but it did.

This show is so good, I am so upset that I deleted most of the episodes off of my TiVo.  I will have this one and the remaining episodes marked as Keep Forever.

• Love 8