Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Christmas Wishlist

• Start Topic

With the holidays quickly approaching, Delilah struggles with telling Sophie and Danny about her pregnancy; and although Jon’s absence makes this time of year especially difficult, the gang comes together to help the Dixons embrace the Christmas spirit.

Airing Wednesday, December 12, 2018 (winter finale).

That preview for upcoming episodes made the entire first half of the season worth it. NOW we're talking. I'm ALL IN wanting to know the full extent of Jon not being the man everyone thinks he is. 

Whoever in one of the earlier threads predicted Delilah needing Katherine's help -- well done. 

The episode itself was ho hum. I would have thought that despite Eddie and Katherine's situation, they would have at least tried to have a Christmas-like celebration with Theo before Eddie went on the road. 

Delilah acting like she was the only one who believed in Eddie('s ability to get back on the road) is ridiculous. They all went to his concert when he opened for Kings of Leon. 

I liked Katherine whispering in Eddie's ear not to drink. I get friends being supportive and not saying anything, but it felt like a gentle but needed reminder that he was now a father and had perhaps more to live for.

• Love 12

The reveal that Ashley and John has an affair was possibly the least surprising “twist” of all time. 

The preview looks fun, but like an entirely different show.

I guess Gary lucked out that Maggie’s chemo chair is the same as his, complete with the still bare nail on the wall.

I’m in for the rest of the season, especially the destruction of St John.

• Love 14

The coming attractions look really good for next year.  I just can't take to the Delilah character, the actress is always whispering, sometimes I can't hear what she is saying.  Why Eddie was over at the Dixon celebration and his son is home alone with his almost ex I just don't understand.  When Katherine whispered "don't drink", I thought he won't, that would be risking losing the great Delilah.  Regina and Rome are fast becoming my favorite characters, they are just so genuine.  I liked the Maggie/Gary resolution tonight.  I think Gary saying "I can't believe she is gone" in the coming attractions is probably a fake out making us think he is talking about Maggie.  Can't wait to see what is revealed about Jon.

• Love 5
On 12/12/2018 at 8:35 PM, Aileen said:

The reveal that Ashley and John has an affair was possibly the least surprising “twist” of all time. 

I won't get to watch this until tomorrow (I'm on the west coast and it is past my bedtime), but I'm pretty disappointed if they go the affair route for Ashley and John.  Not only is it the most cliche thing ever, but this show already has one affair and now I guess they are going to use this affair to excuse that affair.  Blech.  Sorry, but Jon had an affair and it was wrong.  Delilah had an affair and it was wrong.  The existence of those two things are separate and neither diminishes the other.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
Slight changes since I finally got around to watching the ep
  • Love 22
27 minutes ago, kazza said:

That preview for upcoming episodes made the entire first half of the season worth it. NOW we're talking. I'm ALL IN wanting to know the full extent of Jon not being the man everyone thinks he is. 

That preview was bonkers.  They appear to be throwing in every single "its too predictable to be what they will do" into a single episode.

Trope city.  Totally predictable in every way except for throwing everything into a single episode.

9 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I liked the Maggie/Gary resolution tonight.  I think Gary saying "I can't believe she is gone" in the coming attractions is probably a fake out making us think he is talking about Maggie.  

I think its probably a fake out but I'm not completely convinced she doesn't succumb to cancer because I'm betting on an eventual Gary/Katherine relationship born of hate and  that grows into love because Katherine is helping Saint Delilah.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

The next round of episodes actually sound pretty good, something might actually happen, and some questions might actually get answers! This episode was rather bland, but it seems to be setting up some pretty good stuff. Although, I am super annoyed that Jon apparently had an affair Ashley, and thats part of his secret. What a lame, cliche secret for Saint Jon to have. He boned his secretary? Really? He couldn't even find a less cliche mistress? And this doesent retroactively make the affair Delilah had better at all. They were both apparently assholes, and no matter how many shots of Delilah looking sad wont make me forgive her faster. I probably could get over it, accept no one seems to care what she did. And now poor Katherine is going to help the woman screwing her husband.

Was that Christmas Eve? Because it takes a very certain kind of person to coldly serve and evict a family on Christmas Eve. You cold, Poor Mans David Cross!

Sophie seems like a really sweet girl, I feel so bad for her. A part of me wants her and her brother to never find out that the baby is Eddies, and about the affairs that her two asshole parents had (never mind Jon`s apparently shady business dealings) with two close family friends. The other, evil part, wants it to happen, for the kids to give them the reaming that they deserve. It might be better to let them think her parents were actually in a good marriage, but its inevitable that they'll find out. 

Loved Katherine giving Eddie a quick reminder not to drink on the road, and Maggie and Gary snarking on those jerks who added a bunch of stuff to their Christmas carts. There were some nice moments, but it all seemed to be leading to everything falling apart when everyone realizing that Saint Jon had some serious secrets. The only person who will be more heartbroken than the kids will be Gary. Hell, Gary might handle it worse!

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

That preview was bonkers.  They appear to be throwing in every single "its too predictable to be what they will do" into a single episode.

Trope city.  Totally predictable in every way except for throwing everything into a single episode.

I think its probably a fake out but I'm not completely convinced she doesn't succumb to cancer because I'm betting on an eventual Gary/Katherine relationship born of hate and  that grows into love because Katherine is helping Saint Delilah.

Yep, and to throw a wrench into Gary and Eddie's relationship, even though Eddie is the reason the marriage finished (or seems to be finished). 

I haven't watched it yet, I just wanted to see if anything happened.

I liked this episode, and not really sure what else to say about it. Wait, maybe there is something to say about this episode. So, is the guy who plays Eddie leaving the show? Or will it still show him on tour and stuff? That is kind of confusing me. 

Now about the previews for the next episode, if it's a 'fake out', what else could he mean by "I can't believe she's gone"? I can't wait to watch it and find out!!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

The only way I think they could make it a fake out would be if Ashley was fantasizing about the affair, like when she was fantasizing about telling Delilah the truth and Delilah throwing things in anger. I do kind of hope it's all a fake out, though, because they're going pretty much the opposite of how I was hoping. For who's "gone" it could be something like Gary's mother or something like that, I guess. But that many fake outs would be more manipulative than even the usual tv fake out. One per episode is kind of industry standard. More than that is pushing it.

I liked Gary's sweater.

But no matter how much I love you, I'm not kissing your just-vomited-from mouth.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, possibilities said:

The only way I think they could make it a fake out would be if Ashley was fantasizing about the affair, like when she was fantasizing about telling Delilah the truth and Delilah throwing things in anger. I do kind of hope it's all a fake out, though, because they're going pretty much the opposite of how I was hoping. For who's "gone" it could be something like Gary's mother or something like that, I guess. But that many fake outs would be more manipulative than even the usual tv fake out. One per episode is kind of industry standard. More than that is pushing it.

I liked Gary's sweater.

But no matter how much I love you, I'm not kissing your just-vomited-from mouth.

Thank you! Why was he kissing her after that? Also.. why was she letting him? I mean.. ew.

Also yeah I hate the affair angle. Because that’s just dumb. But we’re here so doing it and it gets Delliah and Eddie off Scott free doesn’t it? Or at least they will think it does. Plus you know whatever he did about the house situation.

• Love 5

Overall the episode had some really good character moments. Everyone was more believable and pretty well written.

Rome and Regina are consistently the best thing in the show. I am so glad the show is continuing to focus on his depression. I love Rome stammering whenever he gets nervous. 

I’m glad they didn’t try and shoehorn Katherine into the tree decorating. I would have liked to have seen Regina teaching Katherine how to build a gingerbread houses. The show is wasting an opportunity because Rome and Regina are the only members of the group that I could believe her being friends with at this points. 

Poor Sophie when the truth eventually comes out. When has finding out about betrayal ever gotten easier with time.  It’s just an excuse to put off doing something that you know is going to make you look bad. Even if waiting 5 years would make it easier on Sophie will it be easier to tell a 5 year old that Uncle Eddie is really your Daddy. Plus every year they wait is a year Theo loses with his sibling. I know this is all going to be moot point but I hate seeing this justified as protecting the kids when it’s really protected her own image.

The stupidity of hiding the truth was just proven by Ashley. She just failed spectacularly at “protecting” Jon’s family.  How was it better to be completely blindsided by an eviction notice?

I think I agree with Maggie’s initial reaction to Gary’s declaration of love. “I slept with another women because I love you” is not the foundation for a healthy relationship. I think I was supposed to find it sweet but I hate that his bad behavior is forgiven now that he has gotten his way. 

This is the only show that continually takes the show exactly in the direction that I don’t want it to go and yet I keep watching.  I hate everything about Gary/Maggie, Eddie/Delilah and Ashley.

The preview looks crazy but I do not trust this show since the Delilah letter fakeout. The actual kiss was all Ashley so I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up not being what it looked like.

Edited by Guest
19 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Thank you! Why was he kissing her after that? Also.. why was she letting him? I mean.. ew.

Also yeah I hate the affair angle. Because that’s just dumb. But we’re here so doing it and it gets Delliah and Eddie off Scott free doesn’t it? Or at least they will think it does. Plus you know whatever he did about the house situation.

I just rolled my eyes. 2/3s of this show is hoping they don't go down the cliche storyline route and them just going for it with gusto. It would be dumb if they thought it means "oh well it's even now" because even if Jon had the affair and was up to no good elsewhere, Delilah knew nothing about it. She crappy reasonings for the affair are still her crappy reasonings. No matter what they find out in the future.  Not to mention the fact that the person she chose to have an affair with was one of Jon's best friends and at the very least she hung out semi-socially with his wife in group settings, knew their son and the family she was helping to break up in the process. It's not going to get me to root for them as a couple. At the very least it'll just make me think that Jon and Delilah deserved each other. The same goes for Eddie too. I don't want to give the impression that she's the only one at fault.  The only thing that changes is what I think about Jon. I bet that they'll make a way bigger deal out of Jon's affair, if it's real, than they ever did about Delilah/Eddie's. Which...I'll kind of allow actually for the rest of the group. People have a tendency to idealize people when the die. So at least it would make sense that they would be crushed. Delilah and Eddie can take their reactions elsewhere.

I was supposed to be done with the show and I was for a while. But I do like some of the characters and actors. So I mostly skip around these days. If Delilah/Eddie are in a scene together alone, skip. Gary/Maggie, skip. Gary or Maggie separate, I'll watch. Eddie when it doesn't have to do with Delilah, I'll watch. Katherine, Rome, and Regina always watch. Mostly just anything to do with Delilah/Eddie pairing and Gary/Maggie I'll skip over. I do not care for either of those pairings.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Dani said:

The preview looks crazy but I do not trust this show since the Delilah letter fakeout. The actual kiss was all Ashley so I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up not being what it looked like.

Yeah it's certainly possible that Jon will stop her and be all "Uh, that's not why I brought you here!" 

But damn we have a long wait to find out!

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Dani said:

The stupidity of hiding the truth was just proven by Ashley. She just failed spectacularly at “protecting” Jon’s family.  How was it better to be completely blindsided by an eviction notice?

True, but how stupid was Delilah for not knowing anything about her family’s finances? She hasn’t met with one lawyer or financial planner since Jon died? I suppose that adds to the drama of the show, but I find it horribly unrealistic and irresponsible. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

Rome and Regina are consistently the best thing in the show. I am so glad the show is continuing to focus on his depression. I love Rome stammering whenever he gets nervous. 

I love Rome. But maybe there’s something wrong with me because I cannot warm up to Regina. Or should I say, she doesn’t warm up to me. I mean, she says the right things to Rome and her friends, but they don’t seem genuine. Maybe it’s the actress. When she talks to Delilah or Katherine about their friendship, or she tries to seduce Rome in the garage, I hear the words coming out of her mouth but don’t feel the emotion. I just can’t put my finger on it. 

• Love 11

“I can’t believe she s gone” could refer to Ashley — who may skip town or disappear after disclosures of Jon’s secrets.

Also, Gary appeared to have a connection with Ashley that could cause him, of all the key characters, to make that comment.

Just an alternate scenario..

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, topanga said:

True, but how stupid was Delilah for not knowing anything about her family’s finances? She hasn’t met with one lawyer or financial planner since Jon died? I suppose that adds to the drama of the show, but I find it horribly unrealistic and irresponsible.

Very true.  Delilah is an idiot. She’s known about the problems with the loan for at least a month but was perfectly content to let Ashley handle the details. Then when she finds out her first thought is to go to the woman whose husband she was screwing. Does she really not know any other lawyers?

1 hour ago, Dani said:

Very true.  Delilah is an idiot. She’s known about the problems with the loan for at least a month but was perfectly content to let Ashley handle the details. Then when she finds out her first thought is to go to the woman whose husband she was screwing. Does she really not know any other lawyers?

I've said this so many times, it drives me crazy. He married an idiot. Must we only see a weekly character for lawyer? I agree, dumb.

I think the fake out for Maggie will be Ashley or someone else but "gone" is ambiguous too. I think it might mean Ashley left town. Maggie probably does collapse but since she does things like that and there is no followup, not a big deal. lol  Running with chemo is done but it surely isn't easy.

I feel Jon kissed Ashley too quick and passionately for it to be  fluke, but I suppose he can show her the apartment and not sleep with her. Seems like silly story now, his mail goes there so a legal address, it's confusing but hey, so is a lot of it.

Did Deliah not know her house was being taken because all the mail went to the apartment? Still not flowing well, you don't get to that point and not know and Ashley says, don't wreck their Xmas? (Hair pulling moment)

Maybe I was too tired, but the Xmas stuff seemed to fall flat for me, you knew Deliah couldn't fall without spotting, you knew the oranments or decorations would be about Jon, I wonder how his daughter will feel when she knows her mom slept with her dad's best friend. No more guitar lessons?

Edited by debraran
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Shorty2007 said:

I liked this episode, and not really sure what else to say about it. Wait, maybe there is something to say about this episode. So, is the guy who plays Eddie leaving the show? Or will it still show him on tour and stuff? That is kind of confusing me. 

The actor’s wife is pregnant and due in February. 

2 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why was this episode considered a finale? Because it’s the last 2018 broadcast? Dumb.

They call most tv shows that air their last show before the holidays, mid season finales. I think they should stop doing this too, because people tend to get confused and think this means the show is over j til next fall. They should just say until we return in January. There’s no need to use finale.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Delilah has some huge set of balls to go to Katherine for legal help. Seriously??

I'd love Katherine to say it's a conflict of interest to help and sashay away. 

Edited by Bean421
  • Love 18

I was pretty glad Delilah wasn't at the bus to see Eddie off. 

I think that Maggie might be the "gone" girl after all.  She decides to do the chemo and still loses her battle with cancer.  Now that's sad. 

I really enjoyed the episode, all snark aside, and am looking forward to the show's return in January, but it will be a bit of a dilemma because it will be up against two shows I already adore and my DVR will only handle two shows at a time.  ON DEMAND I guess.   Phooey. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, debraran said:

I wonder how his daughter will feel when she knows her mom slept with her dad's best friend. No more guitar lessons?

I guess not, apparently the guitar lessons are what started the whole thing.

9 hours ago, Shorty2007 said:

Now about the previews for the next episode, if it's a 'fake out', what else could he mean by "I can't believe she's gone"? I can't wait to watch it and find out!!!!

No, David Giuntoli is not leaving the show.  Honestly, the show couldn't survive if they lost the fans he brings.  I'm sure we'll see just as much of Eddie on tour as we do now, although he'll probably be drunk.

The only way they would write him out of the show would be temporary so that DG could have paternity leave.

• Love 3

After binge watching This is Us over the past two weeks, it is actually kind of refreshing to see people who aren't perfect saints. No one cheats because someone does something wrong. Cheating is about unhappiness in your self and sometimes you have to go to therapy to figure out what is going on. I don't condone or like cheaters, but I can watch the characters and not hate them because it is just a show to me.

I do wish we knew more about John. Buying a restaurant for your wife's friend when your own house is about to be foreclosed is just bizarre. Ashley has been acting weird since the start and I wonder how she is living since she was supposedly John's assistant. Does John's company have other employees who have taken over? What exactly is his business? I don't mind anyone really Maggie's story is the least appealing to me. She has a right to do what she wants but I can understand Gary not wanting to invest in a brand new relationship with someone who has chosen to die because of her brother. I also think her hanging around the main group as a bestie seems wrong. It takes a while before people become part of a core group and she was hanging around since the funeral. I went from really not liking the show to thinking it is ok. I can watch This is Us for perfect people living saintly lives, and watch this for flawed people making flawed choices. 

• Love 3

Chemo or no chemo, the 100% appropriate response to someone telling you that they slept with someone else because they are in love with you is to barf all over them and their new car.

What is with TV doctors just telling anyone that one of their patients is pregnant? I mean, unless it's patently obvious, how about protecting your patient's privacy?

HELL NO, Delilah did NOT go to Katherine for help. And of course Katherine is going to help her. I'm really starting to dislike what a doormat Katherine is. Here's my issue with this particular scene; they made a huge deal about Delilah showing up on Katherine's doorstep and not showing Katherine until the last second. They tried to make it into this really dramatic scene but they've undermined their efforts the whole way by putting Katherine and Delilah in the same place several times. Katherine went to the pizza party, the restaurant party, the remission party and the farewell to Eddie and Delilah was there each time. So it's not like this huge deal that Katherine and Delilah would see each other in the aftermath of the affair. It's already happened a million times! I get that Delilah is taking it up a notch by asking for something from Katherine but still, the fact that they are talking to each other is not as dramatic as all that. Spare me.

Eddie is acting like he's going to be there for Delilah's pregnancy like he's got a "re-do" after letting down Theo and Katherine, yet he goes off on tour. OK. So much of this show does not make sense to me.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Chemo or no chemo, the 100% appropriate response to someone telling you that they slept with someone else because they are in love with you is to barf all over them and their new car.

If we were on FB, this would be getting a laughing-til-crying emoji thingy. And yes.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

After binge watching This is Us over the past two weeks, it is actually kind of refreshing to see people who aren't perfect saints. No one cheats because someone does something wrong. Cheating is about unhappiness in your self and sometimes you have to go to therapy to figure out what is going on. I don't condone or like cheaters, but I can watch the characters and not hate them because it is just a show to me.

I do wish we knew more about John. Buying a restaurant for your wife's friend when your own house is about to be foreclosed is just bizarre. Ashley has been acting weird since the start and I wonder how she is living since she was supposedly John's assistant. Does John's company have other employees who have taken over? What exactly is his business? I don't mind anyone really Maggie's story is the least appealing to me. She has a right to do what she wants but I can understand Gary not wanting to invest in a brand new relationship with someone who has chosen to die because of her brother. I also think her hanging around the main group as a bestie seems wrong. It takes a while before people become part of a core group and she was hanging around since the funeral. I went from really not liking the show to thinking it is ok. I can watch This is Us for perfect people living saintly lives, and watch this for flawed people making flawed choices. 

That is exactly why I like this show and find the characters so compelling, because they are flawed and the show is not afraid to put it out there. I don't want to watch shows where everyone always does what they are supposed to do, and especially one where everyone reacts the way they are "supposed" to react. Because actually, in real life people do not always act or react they way others think they should anyway, so this is not so farfetched. 

• Love 2
Just now, Gothish520 said:

That is exactly why I like this show and find the characters so compelling, because they are flawed and the show is not afraid to put it out there. I don't want to watch shows where everyone always does what they are supposed to do, and especially one where everyone reacts the way they are "supposed" to react. Because actually, in real life people do not always act or react they way others think they should anyway, so this is not so farfetched. 

Oh, I dunno, I think it's pretty farfetched that a woman would go to a party where her husband and his lover are in the same room. And all their friends know about the affair. Or that the "friends" keep trying to keep the group together, even though the husband and wife are separated.  That whole dynamic is pretty farfetched to me. 

• Love 24
4 hours ago, luna1122 said:

And these people! How do people of this age find ALL THIS TIME to hang out with each other, even showing up to see Eddie off on his tour, after having just spent the evening with him?? This is something 22 year olds might do ,but how do all these fortysomethings manage it? Even if I HAD the time, I don't have the energy or inclination.

Haha, exactly! Couldn't agree more. I'm not much of a friend person to begin with (I'm all about family), but even if I was, I do not have the energy to be by their side through every hello and goodbye and all the stuff in between. It's nice that they are there for each other, but I don't know anyone who has friends like that.

5 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Oh, I dunno, I think it's pretty farfetched that a woman would go to a party where her husband and his lover are in the same room. And all their friends know about the affair. Or that the "friends" keep trying to keep the group together, even though the husband and wife are separated.  That whole dynamic is pretty farfetched to me. 

It is indeed, but I still find it all quite interesting. I just think that some of the behavior isn't as out there as others do, like Delilah getting pregnant, like Maggie initially refusing treatment, like everyone not turning their backs forever on Eddie and Delilah. You can disapprove of someone's behavior but still love them.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I agree with your assessment about this show. I mean, I'm watching because there's still something about this show. If I hated it, I wouldn't be invested in it (though I'm not watching live anymore so....). It really is just an ok show. It's not good, it's not great, but it's not outright terrible either. There are some things that do work and a lot that don't. I'm not expecting perfectionism. That's why I dislike certain characters on This Is Us. Although, at the same time, I'm looking for characters who can be redeemed and who the show will call out for their flaws. There's a reason why I don't like Delilah; part of it is the actress, part is the writing, but the biggest part is the show sweeping her actions under the rug and now throwing Jon completely under the bus so we can feel sorry for her. 18 Million Little Things and a possible affair later, and it seems like we're supposed to be rooting for Delilah. Or we're not but I'm not sure since the show won't say it.

Jon sounds like he's made some really bad life choices. That's ok and that's what I am tuning in to this show for. I'm good with Jon having some pretty serious flaws. He's been shown to be an excellent friend and father, otherwise and it does seem like his bad business deals are because he was trying to do it for his family. Those are the flaws I can tolerate. If he was alive, sure, he should have gone to jail for that 18 million dollar debt. That's....a really big debt and I have to wonder if that has happened in real life (part of me wants to say no and the other part thinks there are people capable of racking up that much debt...although a middle class man like Jon seems unlikely). 

I wanted the daughter to find out Eddie is the baby daddy and knock them both on their asses.

I'm still waiting for that to happen because, at this point, the only person who will hold Delilah accountable for her actions is her daughter. No way does she go "Oh, you cheated on Dad and now you're having my guitar teacher's, and dad's best friend's, baby? That's ok! We all make mistakes!"

• Love 6

Sophie will probably love the baby before she finds out about its parentage, though. I think that's why Delilah wants to wait to tell  people. Now, they will be focused on their anger toward her. But once there's a fully formed child in front of them, they will feel obligated to suspend their anger at her in favor of supporting the child, just like how they let her off the hook for the affair because she was a new widow.

Constance Zimmer was the woman on line at the xmas decoration place, right? So she's a local.

6 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Sophie will probably love the baby before she finds out about its parentage, though. I think that's why Delilah wants to wait to tell  people. Now, they will be focused on their anger toward her. But once there's a fully formed child in front of them, they will feel obligated to suspend their anger at her in favor of supporting the child, just like how they let her off the hook for the affair because she was a new widow.

I don't think she'd ever hate her new half brother or sister. But the resentment will always be on her mother and the longer Delilah delays it, the more pissed Sophie will get at her. I don't think she'd hold much resentment for her new sibling, whether or not Delilah told her kids now. 

I totally get that Delilah is trying to protect herself. But that means she's taking zero responsibility for her actions and that's what makes her a bad person.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I do wish we knew more about John. Buying a restaurant for your wife's friend when your own house is about to be foreclosed is just bizarre. Ashley has been acting weird since the start and I wonder how she is living since she was supposedly John's assistant. Does John's company have other employees who have taken over? What exactly is his business? 

I sorta know the answer to the bolded part. In the episode where Sophie is playing softball Dixon Properties is on her uniform. 

He didn’t actually buy the restaurant. The very first lines of the series was him working out the deal. “I’m not asking you to give me the lease for free. I’m telling you to overcharge me on the rest of the building and then look the other way for the rent on that space.” 

Everything about Ashley is weird. She’s working out of Delilah’s house having super secret phone conversations that she does not want anyone to overhear. She knows what is coming so she chooses to leave the house and sit in her car to watch the eviction notice be delivered. 

25 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Constance Zimmer was the woman on line at the xmas decoration place, right? So she's a local.

I wouldn’t have a problem with waiting until the baby is born but Delilah specifically mentioned waiting until Sophie is closer to 20. 

That wasn’t Constance Zimmer at the tree place. 

23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't think she'd ever hate her new half brother or sister. But the resentment will always be on her mother and the longer Delilah delays it, the more pissed Sophie will get at her. I don't think she'd hold much resentment for her new sibling, whether or not Delilah told her kids now. 

I totally get that Delilah is trying to protect herself. But that means she's taking zero responsibility for her actions and that's what makes her a bad person.

I don't think she's a bad person. I think she is selfish and confused and maybe was coddled most of her life, so letting others deal with things, taking things at face value and not digging deeper, not being able to see past the end of her nose - that stuff has probably been ingrained in her. I don't think she necessarily enjoys playing the fragile flower, but I think it's where she is the most comfortable. It's who she is, and when Jon shut her out, she may not have had the people skills to get in there and find out why he was acting that way and what was really going on. Delilah seems more a "Why are you doing this to me?" person, than a "What can I do to help you?" person. 

That's not to say she's bad or doesn't feel for others. She loves her children and her friends. Driving Maggie to the lecture was a generous "friend" thing to do. She's not cold or unfeeling, but she's in her own head and not very savvy. That's my take on her anyway, lol.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I don't think she's a bad person. I think she is selfish and confused and maybe was coddled most of her life, so letting others deal with things, taking things at face value and not digging deeper, not being able to see past the end of her nose - that stuff has probably been ingrained in her. I don't think she necessarily enjoys playing the fragile flower, but I think it's where she is the most comfortable. It's who she is, and when Jon shut her out, she may not have had the people skills to get in there and find out why he was acting that way and what was really going on. Delilah seems more a "Why are you doing this to me?" person, than a "What can I do to help you?" person. 

That's not to say she's bad or doesn't feel for others. She loves her children and her friends. Driving Maggie to the lecture was a generous "friend" thing to do. She's not cold or unfeeling, but she's in her own head and not very savvy. That's my take on her anyway, lol.

That's fair. I've been rethinking the part about calling her a bad person and I withdraw that part. She obvious has some good qualities. I agree with your assessment completely. I may not like her, but she has some ok moments. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, auntiemel said:

Pretty sure that was Natasha Leggero.

I think it was too, tho I can't find confirmation of it. It WAS a little weird that they cast an actress for that scene who does look so much like Constance Zimmer; I did a double take myself.

Also, I kind of think Maggie and Gary were annoying in that scene. Sure, it's nice to let the people behind you with only one item go first when you have several, but their  oh-so-witty haranguing might have made me dig in my heels too.

Also, did Delilah tell Eddie 'you were a good father earlier'...in regard to her and JON'S kids? Or maybe she meant when he leapt to take her to the hospital with their unborn kid. Either way, it struck me as a weird comment.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

I think it was too, tho I can't find confirmation of it. It WAS a little weird that they cast an actress for that scene who does look so much like Constance Zimmer; I did a double take myself.

Also, I kind of think Maggie and Gary were annoying in that scene. Sure, it's nice to let the people behind you with only one item go first when you have several, but their  oh-so-witty haranguing might have made me dig in my heels too.

It definitely was Natasha Leggero, I don't know why I phrased it like that. LOL. But I Googled it to make sure and Allison Miller and DJ Nash both tweeted about it.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Also, did Delilah tell Eddie 'you were a good father earlier'...in regard to her and JON'S kids? Or maybe she meant when he leapt to take her to the hospital with their unborn kid. Either way, it struck me as a weird comment.

I agree about Maggie and Gary being annoying in that scene. Sure, I'd love to be an ass to people who cut in line or who have 30 things when I only have one, but it's not worth making a scene because you have to stand in line for few more minutes. 

When people grumble about having to wait, I always think of the book I read decades ago about the Soviet Union. People there stood in line for hours for a roll of toilet paper or a loaf of bread. We have it pretty sweet here in the USA. Waiting five more minutes to buy your damn Christmas lights is really not such a hardship.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

Oh yeah, I see so little in this show that is actually realistic.  Actually, with the exception of Rome and Regina, *nothing* on this show seems realistic and *everything* seems farfetched.  None of this would actually happen with people who actually had an ounce of common sense.  The sad part is, this show would actually be better if it were more realistic--the drama would be natural instead of manufactured and the characters would make sense.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Oh yeah, I see so little in this show that is actually realistic.  Actually, with the exception of Rome and Regina, *nothing* on this show seems realistic and *everything* seems farfetched.  None of this would actually happen with people who actually had an ounce of common sense.  The sad part is, this show would actually be better if it were more realistic--the drama would be natural instead of manufactured and the characters would make sense.

I couldn't disagree more. And I don't find Rome and Regina any more realistic than the rest of them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yep, she's protecting herself at the expense of absolutely everything else.  Assuming the baby is actually Eddie's (again, I'm 50/50 on that), she is:

1 - Setting up a situation where the kids will get attached to the baby only to learn the truth and pull everyone apart.

2 - Denying Eddie the chance to actually be a father and Theo to be a brother

3 - Continually lying to the friends

4 - Creating yet another situation to humiliate Katherine

What she should do is just get it out in the open now to everyone...including her kids.  Yes, there will be hell to pay.  But it would be far more unbearable to pay that hell down the road when the baby is actually in the world than it would be now when everyone could hash out everything and then be on firmer ground once the baby is born.

But that would be hard for Delilah, and Delilah only does things that benefit Delilah in the moment.

• Love 8

I agree that Maggie and Gary were annoying in that scene. Letting someone with only one item go in front is nice but expecting it is just obnoxious. That is part of the reason that I hate them together. Gary was also obnoxious when he insisted on singing karaoke at the noodle place. I am getting really tired of Gary’s bad behavior being rewarded. 

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

No, David Giuntoli is not leaving the show.  Honestly, the show couldn't survive if they lost the fans he brings.

I feel out of it, I never heard of him before this show

• Love 11