Type keyword(s) to search

All In With Chris Hayes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought Chris did a great job with the Trump surrogate (can't remember his name, don't care). He was polite but didn't back down from showing his disdain for the other guy's specious arguments.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, attica said:

The interview with Jon Lovett was high-larious. Such a relief to laugh with genuine mirth instead of gallows humor for a change.

It was == plus fun to see Chris enjoy a guest's humor so much.

• Love 2

Last night was Linda Chavez's second visit with Chris in less than a week.  She admits that she can no longer support Mike Pence.  A few days ago she thought he was a good republican and conservative.  Now, a few days later, he's unprincipled .

Well good for her,  but honestly didn't she and the rest of her ilk think that about him when he was willing to be affiliated with trump from the start?

I like Linda.  Her episode on Finding Your Roots with Prof Henry Louis Gates was amazing.

• Love 1

Chris is the only MNSBC show I watch every night.  He has the best guests and he's a great interviewer.

But I almost can't take it anymore.  Why should Chris and his guests have to share a split screen with trump everytime time that big fat goon opens his mouth?  Isn't this how we got to where we are now?  Leave it to FOX!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Chris is the only MNSBC show I watch every night.  He has the best guests and he's a great interviewer.

But I almost can't take it anymore.  Why should Chris and his guests have to share a split screen with trump everytime time that big fat goon opens his mouth?  Isn't this how we got to where we are now?  Leave it to FOX!

Tell me about it! Last week as Lawrence got choke up reading People's reporter's story and having a discussion with an interviewee they had to share the screen with Trump's speech the whole time. Even more Trump's was the main and took more than 2/3. The experience itself was so bizarre and his angry red face made me nauseating I had to cover the Trump's side of the screen.

In addition to that, why MSNBC insist on starting almost every other segment after a break with Trump's rally speech clip? I've been FFing all of them as I can't take anymore at this point. Still not only it's damn annoying but the fact that they are giving so much airtime to his fact-free shouting and forcing people to listen to it more than the necessary dose completely baffles me.

• Love 4

I got a giggle out of the "Postal" Worker Brags About Destroying Trump Ballots story. In addition to all the debunking done, it's not like the outside of the envelope says Trump 2016 or MAGA or anything that would identify it as a targetable ballot. So "randy" is opening thousands of envelopes just to find the Trump ones to destroy? Or "he's" Carnac or something? 

This is exhibit one in why it's useful to know How Things Work in life. Exhibit two would be how hard it is to actually rig an election in 70 frillion discrete precincts on E-day. (I'm a poll worker. There are so many steps between voter-enters and results-reported and so many individual polling places, and so many individual machines per polling place -- none of which talk to each other -- that to monkey with them would be bigger than all the labors of Hercules combined.)

• Love 4

Oh, Chris why did you show the clip of Gore announcing as President of the Senate that indeed that Bush won the 2000 election (I guess technically he was announcing how the Electoral College voted).  Its still too soon to watch it.

• Love 6

Linda Chavez is becoming a friend to the show.  I like Linda.

They discussed, with new Democrat Josh Barros, will the republican party be able to rebuild after the election.

Linda is hopeful.  Josh not too committed.

Any normal sane republican that thinks this hot mess will look like if did before June 2015 is kidding themselves.

Vaughn - the guy on Pence's plane that was on the phone with Chris - was in person on Rachel's show. He is adorable! Scary though - seems like all the pilots on the Pence planes were bad. 

AJ brought the funny tonight - Trump a big reader. Ha! 

Trying to embed his tweet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Happy Halloween! <a href="https://t.co/6qlO4ELRYq">pic.twitter.com/6qlO4ELRYq</a></p>&mdash; Christopher Hayes (@chrislhayes) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/793174798067171329">October 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rats. Didn't work. I'm such a computer klutz.

Here's a link to his twitter acct. If you scroll down a ways you'll see the pic. His kids are really cute.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes

Edited by shok
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, shok said:

Trying to embed his tweet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Happy Halloween! <a href="https://t.co/6qlO4ELRYq">pic.twitter.com/6qlO4ELRYq</a></p>&mdash; Christopher Hayes (@chrislhayes) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/793174798067171329">October 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rats. Didn't work. I'm such a computer klutz.

Here's a link to his twitter acct. If you scroll down a ways you'll see the pic. His kids are really cute.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes

Just Ctrl+C & V the tweet's URL 

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/793174798067171329/

and wait a second. The forum would do the rest without any further input from you. :)

• Love 1

Chris's interview with Richard Painter (former George W. Bush ethics lawyer) last night was so informative.  He wrote an op-ed in Sunday's NYT that explained why Comey violated the Hatch Act and he filed a formal complaint with the Office of Special Counsel and the Office of Government Ethics.

Must read if you didn't see last night's show.

• Love 3

Yeah, I agree. The entire A block (look at me with my teevee jargon! whoo!) was terrific. I learned all kinds of stuff. Sheldon Whitehouse was bringing the Fire!

Edited by attica
  • Love 1

For anyone anxious for Hillary, Chris had on a very good pollster and reassuring report on polls. Only 6 days left--from polling it seems Comey so far has had little effect on likely voters--and Trump's pathway to winning the EC is pretty unlikely (taking Wisconsin or Michigan and all the others that are still battlegrounds).

His voice sounded a bit rough last night - you could tell he was probably screaming a lot at the game.  Heh, or was just as tired as the rest of us who stayed up late on the East Coast to watch the game.

• Love 2

I used to work in a call center. My schedule included weekends, which I never minded. One reason is that all the bosses were nowhere to be found then, so even though they were regular workdays with regular workloads, they felt a lot looser and more pleasant without the specter of suits lurking around. That's what Chris's Saturday show felt like.

Also, I want Erin Gloria Ryan to come to my house and do my makeup like hers everyday. #goals

25 minutes ago, stormy said:

Chris on Saturday night for two hours,  yay!
Shows starts with AJ Delgado. Yuck.  Turned channel till she was gone.

I honestly believe that the news anchors will be even happier than the rest of us when this election is over because they won't have to talk to these "surrogates" anymore.  At this point people like Delgado, Pierson, and McEnaney (apologies for any misspellings) are being laughed at  by the people interviewing them when they spout their inanities because it's beyond the point of absurdity.

• Love 4

Entered my polling place this morning and saw Rebecca Traister, on the rapidly moving line.  After I voted, saw Erin Gloria Ryan heading down the street in the direction of the polling place.  I kind of felt like I was on an episode of All In.

• Love 3

Trump has only one decent surrogate. He's always well mannered, has a warm smile on his face and he will admit some obvious facts from time to time. He definitely doesn't come off as delusional as the other surrogates. He actually comes off as if he can read unlike the rest. I forgot his name.  He never seems like he's filled with the hate of that Delgado woman nor all the rest of Trump's surrogates. He was at one time a against Trump and he said he gradual came over to supporting him.  Oh, I think his  name is Steve Cortes?

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2

Hey there keepitmoving.  Yes Cortes is one of the "better" surrogates only in the sense that he tells his spin with a smile and is less rude than others.  I think he is one of the preferred surrogates because I see him more especially on Joy's program.  But don't be fooled he is a spinmaster just like the rest of them.  Where as the others have sold their souls to the darkside his I think is on lease. I would rather listen to him as opposed to others because as odd as it sounds I get the impression that he realizes what utter nonsense he is saying but still has to push it where as the others I feel are in so delusional that they actually believe the crap that comes out of their mouth.  

No Chris Hayes, the media as a whole didn't try to get his tax returns, they weren't riding his ass 24/7, like you, Maddow, Reid, and O'Donnell. Every journalist can't be put in the same category as you guys and don't even get me started on the work that David Farenhold put in to stop this maniac. You get credit for doing your job, but a lot of your colleagues I wish for them to suffer for the  lack of effort they put into  trying to be good journalists.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 8

I was so happy to see the Al Gore interview.  He was so professional, as usual, not wanting to divulge exactly what he and Trump talked about.  But he did say he was encouraged by Ivanka's interest in the global warming crisis.  I still can't get over that he didn't get to be president.  How the world would be different now!  No Iraq war for sure.

• Love 3
On December 6, 2016 at 9:06 PM, M. Darcy said:

Sigh. Why must he have Bernie on. Looks like I'll skip Monday's show. 

I cringed when Chris asked the question about political correctness and Bernie tried to spin it as "political correctness = millionaires and billionaires" or something similarly bizarre. To Chris's credit, he very politely called bullshit on that, but I was just like, "Jesus, Bernie, stop campaigning already!"

Overall, I found the show educational and also profoundly depressing. I would have preferred it without Bernie and his agenda, but some of the people on the panel made me very sad.

Wow! I don't know how they selected that audience, but Kenosha is more diverse than what was shown tonight.

That was depressing. I have a totally different view of the area, but that may stem from being a refugee from taxed-to-high-hell  Illinois.

ETA: I wish Bernie had brought up Paul Ryan when the conversation went to Social Security and Medicare. It would have livened things up a bit to hear what Ryan's own constituents think about his plans to 'overhaul' those programs.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 2

Bernie did bring up how the Republicans were foaming at the mouth to gut social security.  I'm not sure he mentioned Ryan, though.  This was not his district, anyway.  It was depressing because I never saw any real reason these people voted for Trump.  Some people didn't believe the minimum wage should go up because it would just mean they would pay more for stuff.  Bernie couldn't get across to them that his whole plan was for the greedy CEO's to pay their fair share in taxes so middle class people could have a living wage.  I thought a lot of the people who spoke were just clueless.  Honestly I didn't get that much out of it.  The lady who thought illegals were keeping her from making more money was kind of strange.  Then a few of them didn't really think Trump could do any of the things he said because they were against the constitution.  I absolutely loved it when Bernie basically said, "so you were voting for a liar."  Clueless.

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 4

@SierraMist, Kenosha is part of Ryan's congressional district, which is why it would have been interesting to me to hear him specifically called out for his plans for Social Security and Medicare.

But I agree with you that Bernie nailing those crossover voters as voting for a liar was a total highlight.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bittersweet4149 said:

@SierraMist, Kenosha is part of Ryan's congressional district, which is why it would have been interesting to me to hear him specifically called out for his plans for Social Security and Medicare.

But I agree with you that Bernie nailing those crossover voters as voting for a liar was a total highlight.

They still didn't get it though. The one guy kept saying, "He's just starting a dialogue!" as if it's all part of some master strategy Trump has, as opposed to him just blurting out every bigoted thought that pops into his head.

I get that Chris and Bernie were trying to be respectful and non-confrontational and all "listen-y," but I wish they had pressed harder in some spots.

That lady all outraged about the "illegals" really saddened me. She was so angry and bitter, and she admitted she got her info from talk radio, so there you go.

• Love 4

I also wished they had brought up Russell Feingold and asked whether people had voted for him.  (I know there was one guy about whom it was mentioned that he'd voted Democratic in down-ballot races.)   I'm still mentally untangling why people voted as they did, and part of it was the rejection of a guy so oriented toward the working class. 

• Love 2