Type keyword(s) to search

All In With Chris Hayes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Good job on the live at the boarders show. Seems like other MSNBC shows used parts the next day as boarder story coverage.

Chris's interview with Beto although brief was also good but I'm wondering if he doesn't decide if he's going to run soon if I'm going to to loose interest in him.

Chris had on Gavin Newsome last night who spur of the moment threw in his support of Kamila Harris.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, stormy said:

Chris had on Gavin Newsome last night who spur of the moment threw in his support of Kamila Harris.

Which would have been fine but for Chris getting all excited like he got some kind of Breaking!News! scoop.  The Democratic governor of California endorsing the Democratic Senator from California is about as newsworthy as my cats' trips to the litter box.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, car54 said:

Chris was one of the targets named of that Coast Guard guy who was arrested--who was planning some kind of mass killing.

Yikes, I saw this on the news!  Why Chris Hayes?  Chris is not a 'lightning rod" type TV person like some....I hope Chris has good security around his home & family!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Chris is not a 'lightning rod" type TV person like some

I know, right?  That list also included Joe Scarborough and Ari Melber, but not Rachel or LOD (not that I want them on a hit list!!!), who, it could be argued, are much more publicly polarizing than Chris.

Chris reported it on his show, very meta.  It must be surreal to report on a story in which you yourself are one of the targets.

• Love 3

Some of the people on CNN have said that the network provides them with heavy security--so I would assume when something like this happens, MSNBC would do the same.  I'm pretty sure when Katy Tur was covering Trump and he called her out and she received threats they provided her with security on the road after that.

When that other nut sent bombs the CNN people made it sound like security in their building is very tight.

Got my laugh for the day, courtesy of Elie Mystal:  "SDNY is coming at DT like syphilis...it's gonna make him crazy and it's never going away."

Thing 1/Thing 2 was pretty good; although I'd already read about it, I hadn't seen the video.  What a weasel.  

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Got my laugh for the day, courtesy of Elie Mystal:  "SDNY is coming at DT like syphilis...it's gonna make him crazy and it's never going away."

Thing 1/Thing 2 was pretty good; although I'd already read about it, I hadn't seen the video.  What a weasel.  

I LOL'd at that one too!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was underwhelmed by the case of the ex-Trumpfette who now claims her hero traumatized her by planting a big one on her in 2016...but then was recorded singing his praises in 2017.  The lawyer was turning himself into pretzels trying to account for the inconsistency and apparent change of heart of someone who sounds like she's either trying to cash in on MeToo or to discredit it.  I don't think Chris was all that impressed and I wished he hadn't given the lawyer that much air time.

• Love 3

The interview with the trump accuser's lawyer was a waste of time.

I almost can't believe I'm saying this but sorry the woman is just not credibile JMO.

The incident happened in October 2016. She quits the campaign. Where she lost me is when she showed up on a radio show in May of 2017 to sing trump's praises.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, stormy said:

The interview with the trump accuser's lawyer was a waste of time.

I almost can't believe I'm saying this but sorry the woman is just not credibile JMO.

So he doubles down and has the woman herself, for an extended interview.  That I FF'd through.  Because I know, without hearing a word, that the story will generate zero traction.

Of course, I thought the same thing about Stormy Daniels.  Don't ask me to pick your lottery numbers.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, meowmommy said:

So he doubles down and has the woman herself, for an extended interview.  That I FF'd through.  Because I know, without hearing a word, that the story will generate zero traction.

Of course, I thought the same thing about Stormy Daniels.  Don't ask me to pick your lottery numbers.

When Chris said she was his next guest, I turned the channel.

• Love 1

Thing 1/Thing 2 tonight was the first and only footage of 45's teevee show I've ever seen.  I had no idea Regis was part of it.

Chris needs to stop running 45 clips.  Who hasn't already seen the Helsinki footage and all the other apologia for bad people?  Almost as annoying as how often LOD likes to run the Access Hollywood tape.

• Love 3

Chris:  So how come Ivanka isn't on the list (of 81 people the HJC sent letters to today)?

Rep. Ted Lieu:  While running your business into the ground is interesting, I'm not sure it's a crime.

I'm just gonna keep coming here for my comedy gold.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Chris:  So how come Ivanka isn't on the list (of 81 people the HJC sent letters to today)?

Rep. Ted Lieu:  While running your business into the ground is interesting, I'm not sure it's a crime.

I'm just gonna keep coming here for my comedy gold.

That quip by Senator Lieu was such an unexpected burn. He tends to be funny, but his tone of voice didn't clue me in that anything that funny was about to happen.

• Love 4

Washington Post stands up to Tucker Carlson's ridiculous attack on Chris for, among other things, wearing glasses:

“Chris Hayes is what every man would be if feminists ever achieve absolute power in this country,” Carlson said. “Apologetic, bespectacled and deeply, deeply concerned about global warming and the patriarchal systems that cause it.”

While there’s a lot about that phrasing that’s weird, the most immediately stupid is that wearing glasses is somehow a mark of overly obsequious views on gender, which I think it’s safe to say is an odd and unfounded generalization. (Full disclosure: I am wearing glasses as I write these words.)

It will be interesting to see if Chris responds tonight to the attack, or lets it go.

(edited)

'All In' six year anniversary appearance on Late Night.

Chris Hayes Had the Best Day on Social Media When Tucker Carlson Attacked Him
Chris Hayes talks about bringing the Green New Deal to a town hall with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Tucker Carlson's odd attempt to insult him and why he finds Fox News so unnerving.

Chris Hayes Defends His Coverage of the Mueller Report
Chris Hayes talks about the shift in public opinion on climate change, reflects on his coverage of the Mueller report and discusses his past as a political canvasser.

Edited by sum
  • Love 3

Early Chris Hayes looks suspiciously like early John Oliver.  Like they got separated at birth while ships were passing on the Atlantic Ocean.

And they both look 12 to me, but probably because I'm old enough to be their mother.

• LOL 2

Too funny, Auntie Maxine going to town on 45, and you can hear Chris trying unsuccessfully more than once to stifle his laughter in the background.  Auntie Maxine wound up in full outraged rant is a force of nature.  So different from her cool, calm and collected demeanor last week giving Mnuchin a well-deserved smackdown.

• Love 8

There's something about a few of the men in the democratic race. He interviewed O'Rourke last night, and when Chris asked him why he should be the president, he responded basically, "because I can beat Trump." It's like there's an unsaid, "Duh, of course someone like me should be president," or "Duh, of course I should be president," that he didn't even hear the 'why'....He only heard "how."

• Love 1
On 5/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, car54 said:

Chris has Bernie on tonight.

Time to change the channel. His voice and his blatherings are as bad as Trump's.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, shok said:

Time to change the channel. His voice and his blatherings are as bad as Trump's.

He also has a devoted following who will burn down the house if they don't get their way.  He has a rabid base that cannot be reasoned with...

• Love 1
(edited)

I like Maxine Waters.  But I can only take her in small doses.  I just think Chris has her on too often.  Lately it's immediate mute or off to AC 360.

Edited by stormy
  • LOL 1

I'm losing patience with Chris.  He's doing a lot less straight-up interviewing and a lot more speechifying.  If you give me the facts, I can draw the conclusions all by myself.  And the penultimate segment where he flat out editorializes on some topic needs to go.  His opinions are not that salient for me.  Probably because he still looks like he's 12 and I don't know why I should give a shit what he thinks.  

• Love 1

Chris Hayes is an ok host.  But the too-long editorializing has to go (and that's for any others who tend to babble on and on--we can think for ourselves!)  I have a question about Chris though...it bugs me that he always seems to be looking up at the camera. Is that just me or is he really doing that?  Others look straight into the camera but Chris has always, since day one, been looking up. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

But the too-long editorializing has to go (and that's for any others who tend to babble on and on--we can think for ourselves!)

This.  It's getting worse, too.  Now he opens the show with an editorial, and presents another pure editorial in the next-to-last segment.  A good host would facilitate guests who make the points through their knowledge and experience, and keep the speechifying to a minimum.  Let the evidence speak for itself, and give the viewers the courtesy of making up their own minds. 

I'm not so in love with his point of view (not even close, really; he is far too liberal for me) that I need to be beaten over the head with his personal opinion.  I'm seriously thinking of deleting him from the DVR, except that sometimes he has great guests.  I do a lot of FF, though.

22 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Others look straight into the camera but Chris has always, since day one, been looking up. 

I haven't really noticed it, but if it's so, I'd put that on the camera operators and the director.  

• Love 1

OMG, I laughed so hard at Thing 2, and I never laugh.  I mean, crying and peeing laughing, no exaggeration.  The toddler in the meeting with Chuck Schumer, and the toddler falling off the kiddie bike into the pool, priceless!

Needed to laugh because the rest of the stories are so damn depressing.  Might be time for another self-imposed news holiday.

• Love 2

Just wanted to reach through the screen and throttle the supremely, arrogantly snide George Will.  Pul-eeze, if you're going to argue against impeachment, throwing out a ludicrous argument about not passing prescription drug reform doesn't work.  Seeing as virtually nothing passed by the House is being taken up by the Senate due solely to the machinations of a certain Turtle.  Yeah, stick to baseball.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, The Solution said:

Nobody wants to snark on the shitshow that was the Elizabeth Warren town hall?

So what's your snark?

I tried watching it, but I had to turn it off shortly after the first break.  I think it was one of the panel saying to Elizabeth Warren, something like, I'm a mother, what are you going to do about that, that caused my eyes to roll back in my head and my finger to hit the remote.  I can't say much more about what I didn't like without breaking the rules here about politics.

And then Rachel fawning all over Chris at the end of his show and in the middle of her show, as if he did something amazing, which he didn't.  Did she really believe that or did a producer make her say that?

(edited)
1 hour ago, The Solution said:

Nobody wants to snark on the shitshow that was the Elizabeth Warren town hall?

I was underwhelmed by the whole thing.

I like Warren's personal story and I think she's a fine senator. But that's it for me.

I really get worried that because there are 23 Democrats running for president,  I'll end up having to support someone I don't want to again. As it is, CNN released a poll yesterday that said 54% of those polled say trump will get reelected.  But maybe that's just an off hand answer.

Again it's interesting to hear from voters that voted for Obama twice to be so turned off by trump today.  The general feeling that they'd been had is a constant theme.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

And then Rachel fawning all over Chris at the end of his show and in the middle of her show, as if he did something amazing, which he didn't.  Did she really believe that or did a producer make her say that?

It was either late last week or earlier this week when she gave him the first tongue bath that I saw like this. That time she was telling him how he's the best town hall host in the business and some other compliments that made me wonder what the hell was going on.

• Love 1

Thank God for meowmommy. An oasis of sanity in a desert of whatever it is we have now.

These were the same things that made me stabby about the town hall. I thought I would give her a chance, being a fair-minded progressive, but all of her "plans" boiled down to "I'm going to tax the oil industry, I'm going to take away their subsidies and God help them if they try to move out of America. Oh, yeah, and Santa Claus is going to come EVERY night!" At one point Chris Hayes even pointed out to her that she was running for President, not Queen of the Universe (or something to that effect).

• LOL 3
  • Love 1