Type keyword(s) to search

All In With Chris Hayes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Joy really made the news last night! 

And, really, I think a taco truck on every corner would be the best thing ever.  I would if Trump realizes there is a very popular group of restaurants in DC called..District Taco. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, M. Darcy said:

Joy really made the news last night! 

And, really, I think a taco truck on every corner would be the best thing ever.  I would if Trump realizes there is a very popular group of restaurants in DC called..District Taco. 

The odd thing is... I live in Los Angeles. There is a substantial Mexican immigrant community where I live. There are several Mexican bakeries. A lot of taquerias. And yet, there is only 1 taco truck in a 1-mile radius of where I live. Outside of that 1-mile radius, however, there are a few more taco trucks.

Rachel gave the bio of Mr. Citizens United and how he is now on the Trump sleaze team.

Dan Rather painted a pretty scary picture between Hillary's emails and the sleaze team.

There can't be enough non-college educated white men to make this happen.  That's what I keep telling myself.

• Love 1

Chris's interview with reporter Daly about Trump's 9/11 stories was absolutely great--it was clear that Daly is not used to being on TV, but he had a great story and Chris gave him a lot of room to tell it.   I think Chris is one of the best interviewers on the network--always very prepared and he seems to really listen to his guests.

• Love 6

Agree. When I was a NY tabloid reader, I'd read Daly all the time. His demeanor off the page is exactly the way I imagined him to be, very much the guy three barstools down from you, ready to solve all your problems for you, whether or not you ask! :)

• Love 2

Why does he keep having that horrible woman on?  Yes, Trump has insulted 50% of this country - well, probably over that number A.J.  He has insulted women, POWs, Muslims, Latinos, Jews, military families, African Americans.....

• Love 4

I absolutely loved Chris's debate with AJ--he is so damn prepared---my favorite moment was when she startedin on "Hillary's campaign started the birther movement" and he tossed off...."no they didn't...so-and-so did--weird guy, I wrote a piece on it...look it up".

SCORE.

Why is this guy not at the top of the list of anchors-i feel like I learn something every time I watch his show.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, attica said:

I was so pleased to see Ta-Nahisi Coates; he always raises the bar discush-wise. It's both thrilling and depressing. Thrilling because of his mind. Depressing because we suck.

Yes, I posted something to this effect on I think Rachel Maddow thread a while back when she was talking about polling. I believe I said, that Trump is competitive because bigotry is not just on the right. The only way he could be where he is, if you give any validity to polls is because there is some of that bigotry on the left. The ones on the left are not going to go to Klan rallies, they might not even want to be seen at a Trump rally because they still have some sense of caring what other people think, they aren't going to hold up impeach Kenyan born Obama either, but... This is the hidden Trump voter which some claim doesn't exist. 

One thing that bugs me is when they talk about Obama not being a Muslim it comes off as if there is something wrong with being Muslim.  I think they should always follow up with posing that question or just flat out making the statement, and, so what if he was Muslim?  What if he was an American born Muslim? He would have the same right just like any other American born citizen to run for president. They don't make this point enough in their discussions when it comes to this particular polling result.

Edited by represent
  • Love 3
On September 13, 2016 at 11:01 AM, car54 said:

Why is this guy not at the top of the list of anchors-i feel like I learn something every time I watch his show.

1 hour ago, stormy said:

This is my only must see tv.  Every night Chris has on interesting guests and interviews them respecfully even if he disagrees with them.

Agree with both of these posts.  If I have one complaint (and it's only one and it applies to every anchor on MSNBC) it's that the same guests keep appearing, night after night.  It seems the only time a new guest is invited on is if someone writes a particularly compelling piece for some publication; then if s/he proves telegenic enough, gets invited back.  For example, I've been enjoying David Farenthold's appearances but we'll have to see if he gets invited back once his story on the Trump Foundation plays itself out.

• Love 1

I guess I hadn't heard that Ben Jealous had gotten aboard the Hillary train. Last I heard from him, he was Bernie or Bust.

After weeks of denial, I've finally come to admit my crush on David Cay Johnston. I always get a little giddy when he comes a-callin'.

Zainab's necklace was killer. I hope it was lighter than it looked, or she's gonna need orthopedic intervention soon.

I agree that the Ken Burns segment last night was fantastic.   And I was hoping Hillary's campaign would see it and reach out to him for some quotes for their campaign--he was incredibly clear about what this election is about and why it's important.

• Love 1

In watching the video shot by Scott's wife, I'm not sure I can agree with Chris and Wes Lowery that Scott was the intended audience for her repeated "Don't do it!" exhortations. Without being able to see, I think it's equally as plausible she was talking to the police. I suspect we'll find out for sure sooner or later, though.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

Chris really destroyed Rep Burgess last night.  It was beautiful to watch.

Yes, it was!  For every lie and evasion that Rep. Burgess had, Chris had a ready, "But, you said...", or "Yes, but, isn't it true..."

Watching Burgess stumble all over himself was a thing of beauty!

So great to have Steinem and Morgan on the show, and with a more substantive interview than just 'hey, we're geezer feminists, whoo hoo!' I loved watching how they interacted with each other, amplifying the points the other made, giving props to Rebecca Traister, and of course, GloSte's cool thumb-catcher top. (Is there a name for that kind of garment that I should know?)  Good get, AIwCH booker!

• Love 1

So, I really, really admire Robert Reich.

Here's where I'm really having a problem with he and his ilk (i.e. Michael Moore and many other former famous Sanders supporters) - they are all becoming the biggest bed-wetters on the left in this election.  These are the people that should have known better, that excoriated Clinton for over a year, tearing her down while running around claiming that the system/election was rigged and now they are worried about the lack of millennial support.  I just can't with this bullshit.

• Love 9

I've mostly liked Andrew Sullivan but last night he pretty much said something too crazy for me.  This race wouldn't even be close if Biden was running?  I just don't see that.  If it were the case, he'd be probably be complaining about something else.

• Love 3

I used to read Sully regularly, and I maintain there was a brief time when it seemed he was picking up the plot, but then he went back to losing it, and there he stays. His comment about Biden's electoral superiority comes straight from his decades-long intense/irrational hatred of Hillary; he imagines everybody hates her the same way he does. Overall, I thought his commentary here was more uninformed than usual for him, but maybe it's the new usual.

Whoever did poor Chris's makeup in the DC studio needs to be reprimanded. Such a bad foundation color choice, and such bad blending!

It was a nice surprise to hear Sherrod Brown go off on such a wonky riff on Ohio's demographics. One doesn't expect actual detailed information from pols in an election year! (SB's not up this year, but still.)

• Love 2

This race wouldn't even be close if Biden was running?  I just don't see that.

It would probably still be about what it is.  The country is just too divided.  Plus, as much as I love Joe Biden, there is some baggage with him.  And, he's already run twice and lost.

It was a nice surprise to hear Sherrod Brown go off on such a wonky riff on Ohio's demographics.

And Chris learned his lesson and didn't use the words "rust belt" when talking with him.

• Love 2

Chris's interview with Mr Salaam, one of the Central Park Five, about Trump's campaign for them to get the death penalty was chilling.    I hope many people see his comments.

• Love 5

I agree. For one, it's amazing to see him as a grown man; my memory is fixed on him as a teenager. Profoundly good interview.

I had to laugh at Linda Chavez's 'put Pence on the ticket!'. Ah, honey, no. Too late. There's no hand-waving, or pearl-clutching, or Jeannie-blinking, that will put anybody else on the R line on ballots in 50 states at this point. To quote Messrs. Madison and Jefferson*, He's never gon' be President now!

*by way of Miranda

• Love 5

Chris's interview with Mr Salaam, one of the Central Park Five, about Trump's campaign for them to get the death penalty was chilling.    I hope many people see his comments.

Especially when he said that he's still scared that he will be killed.  And, he's not wrong to be worried (and worried is too weak a word to describe what he must be going through).

• Love 2
9 hours ago, attica said:

I loved Rebecca Traister's visit to the desk last night. Fired up, was she. And, you know, right.

Her saying that of course the first female candidate would be running against a misogynistic pig like Trump was such a great point. 

• Love 3

Chris was on fire tonight--I loved the interview with the Trump supporting congressman ---first he was blaming Hillary for negotiating something that happened during the Bush administration, then he had no answer when Chris asked him if he'd still support Trump if he'd said he enjoyed raping women.

I really think Chris is the best interviewer on the network--he is always prepared, he lets his guests speak, but he doesn't back down if they say something that isn't accurate and most of the time he has the facts right there to explain to them.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, car54 said:

Chris asked him if he'd still support Trump if he'd said he enjoyed raping women.

As much as a fun gotcha moment as this was, most rapists would never say a thing like that. They don't view themselves as rapists, or what they do as raping. Consent is just another obstacle to be overcome, no more important than finding a place to do the deed. They use mundane methods to do that -- including celebrity -- and are proud when they are successful. Look at Trump's language: "moved on her like a bitch", "I don't even wait", "I can get away with it." He's not considering the woman at all in this language, so whether she consents or not is wholly beside the point.

Of course, a charmer like Farenthold isn't going to grok the nuance with that, but that doesn't make Chris's hypothetical any more realistic.

I've put Cornell Belcher's book on my TBR list, since it was so ably pimped on the show. I liked HoDe's speculation about the secrets held by the campaigns' internal polling as well. That's good and wonky.

• Love 2

Isn't Glenn Greenwald friends with Julian Assange?

Either way, I was waiting for Chris to ask him why trump and the RNC haven't been hacked into since Greenwald thinks hacking is fair game.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, stormy said:

Isn't Glenn Greenwald friends with Julian Assange?

Either way, I was waiting for Chris to ask him why trump and the RNC haven't been hacked into since Greenwald thinks hacking is fair game.

And each e-mail dump seems to come immediately after some new revelation about Trump.

I am so glad that Chris brought up the anti Semitism.   And that the woman (darn it, I can't remember her name) said that she is now scared since I am a bit scared also.  I never been scared being a Jew like this.  But that guy who just denied it - he was horrible.  Oh, Trump has a Jewish daughter and grandkids.  That is what makes it ever worse!

• Love 6

That was Michelle Goldberg.

I'm glad Chris's show was preempted for a portion of the President's speech.

It takes the President to go after the cowardly republicans and the christian conservatives to point out that they brought this on, never tried to stop it and will support something they know they vehemently oppose.

Everytime I see Jeb Bush's face as one of the newly anti-trumpites, I want to punch him in the face.  You had $100 million in the bank before you ever announce you were running for president, looser!

• Love 3