Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Turkish Delights

• Start Topic

Teresa and Joe Gorga spar over their father; Melissa reveals to her sisters that there may be a fourth sister; Jackie defends Melissa, igniting Teresa’s famous temper and shocking the entire group with a surprising accusation.

Airs 12/05/18 at 9:00 PM Eastern

• Love 4

I have not been watching this show religiously as of late, but I just can’t keep my eyes from being drawn to Teresa’s face.  Something is just very strange about it.  I think it’s that her eyes angle downward out the outside corners.  That and her hairline, but she’s always had that.

• Love 18

The horrible Jennifer is currently on WWHL with Jackie.  A caller asked about her arranged marriage.  She said she doesn't have an arranged marriage, they were set up, but, she didn't have to marry him.  She hopes to set up her children the same way so that they'll all marry within the Turkish community.  Thought that was interesting.

• Love 13

Jackie for the fucking win. Love her! She was making too much sense even before the Juicy mic-drop comment. Don't have public conversations if no one else,  but Delores who will always back Tre, can speak in it. Teresa's argument was so circular she contradicts her point constantly. Melissa is the reason Joe doesn't have time for his father. Melissa should make him spend more time with the father, and Melissa should stay out of it all at the same time. Milania came in so quick that was either staged to drag this out further or maybe some kids were up for food and she heard and got in there quick upon hearing her father brought up. 

Marge was another winner tonight. Referring to Jennifer's decor at "all that crap" was delightful. 

So Joe IS pissed about his childhood. I figured. I feel like theres mire than just football games though (I cant picture Joe playing football btw) But he also seems annoyed by his own children  (when they were younger he seemed outriget jealous at the attention they took away from Melissa) and so he should channel his own feelings into being a good father... but these Gorga's are all about the past not the fambly right in front of them. Working if you need the money is actualy a valid excuse. It happens all the time to lots of people and they grow up well adjusted. But again, a slight is a slight to the Gorga's (and when I say "the Gorga's" I'm pulling a Tre and mostly excluding Melissa but this works in Melissa's favor.)

Given what we know about Danielle's marriage I might get a twisted kick out of her Bridezilla moments. I have a dark side, what can I say.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I have not been watching this show religiously as of late, but I just can’t keep my eyes from being drawn to Teresa’s face.  Something is just very strange about it.  I think it’s that her eyes angle downward out the outside corners.  That and her hairline, but she’s always had that.

1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

Yeah Tre trashed her face. She must have went to the OC. 

I said this over on the Trials and Tribulations thread too. Teresa's face, especially around the eyes, is looking very Droopy Dog.

• Love 12

Teresa is an idiot. Everything is somehow Melissa’s fault. She should control her husbands emotions? Lmao ok like when your husband called you a c*** on tv and you banged him pretty much out of desperation in a vineyard? Is that how you do it? Lol loving Jackie. I wasn’t minding Dolores but she’s always gotta be someone’s attack dog it’s annoying.

Joe tries to do what Teresa said too and stop by when he can but that’s not good enough. 

Honestly the only thing that would make Teresa happy would be if Joe left Melissa and moved in with her and the grandpa into Teresa’s ugo house. Then Joe would have to stay a bachelor forever and they would all trash Melissa together. Teresa has a weird almost creepy obsession with her brother.

Jennifers house is big but the only thing I liked about it is the pool area. I just find her decorating style very tacky and ugly. Her husband creeps me out too.

• Love 20

Jennifer's house could be really beautiful if it wasn't decorated....like that. Who wants to live in such an empty, sterile space filled with thrones? No thank you. Having said that, I don't like any of the decor in the jersey houses, just not my style, this one takes the cake for most vast and soul sucking, though. 

Her obsession with bathrooms is odd. You can only shit in one at a time.

• Love 22

God help Jennifer's kids.  If they're this spoiled now, one can only imagine how much worse they'll get with age.  

As Luann says, "Money can't buy you class." Jennifer should stick to her one job as a mother, not an interior designer.  What a waste of a beautiful home, having such crap furniture. 

• Love 13

Isn't Jackie a journalist / former attorney ? If so, I would be digging for holes in Jennifer's house story...

Yeah right - you went to china to just shop for furnishings .. where Jackie and her family live for 3 years while they built that "hotel" - good one Marge.. who was the builder and decorator....

Given the shady business the men have been involved with on this show...has Jen's hubby been paying his taxes and appropriate fees for his business? I would admit the house still seems out of the price range for a plastic surgeon... c'mon Jackie - we need you to dig..

Jennifer - you have a Olympic-sized pool (now granted its winter), an indoor and outdoor b-ball court, probably a tennis court, world class gym equipment (cardio and weights) , stairs like a stadium, and your land is probably close to an acre and you can't find time (you have a nanny and school aged kids) nor ambition to work out ?..

Let me give you a start - ask nanny to cook nutritional meals - either new ones and/or make your traditional dishes more healthy (I saw alot of fried at the party) . Save mom's heavy cooking for sunday 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

ok .. we now know one medical issue with Nonno... he had cataracts.

I'm not familiar with the procedure or recovery - but to be knocking back shots as soon as you get home ?  I would think the pain meds would say not to mix with alcohol.

Tre has got to know all of his drinking isn't good for him. Tre - spend more time with Delores who is trying to assist her mom in making better food choices ( cupcakes for all 3 meals... that is a serious sugar addiction)

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Wait!   Jennifer is handing out presents to her spawn and Jennifer's kid says, "she was away.  She owes us."  WTH?

I had to look up the "barbie hello dream house" ... and walmart is sold out  ??? R.I.P ToysRUs

hellodreamhouse.thumb.png.2b0d4e0e161ba479c8761269f2e2f152.png

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

<snip> There's a room for asking your daughter's hand in marriage? <snip>

any man that is coming to take that screaming 5 yr old in marriage and off her hands - I would meet at the driveway.  That girl gets way to excited when the doorbell rings..

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Just a note, I find it hilarious that Jennifer keeps repeating the line she ripped off from My Big Fat Greek Wedding about the woman being the neck. It’s funny when Lainie Kazan says it, it’s desperate when Jennifer keeps repeating it because Tre thought it was so funny.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, sATL said:

ok .. we now know one medical issue with Nonno... he had cataracts.

I'm not familiar with the procedure or recovery - but to be knocking back shots as soon as you get home ?  I would think the pain meds would say not to mix with alcohol.

Tre has got to know all of his drinking isn't good for him. Tre - spend more time with Delores who is trying to assist her mom in making better food choices ( cupcakes for all 3 meals... that is a serious sugar addiction)

Yea, shouldn't Tre be able to control her father the same way she supposedly can control her husband? You know, as all women should with the men in their lives?

22 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Just a note, I find it hilarious that Jennifer keeps repeating the line she ripped off from My Big Fat Greek Wedding about the woman being the neck. It’s funny when Lainie Kazan says it, it’s desperate when Jennifer keeps repeating it because Tre thought it was so funny.

Right??? She thought she was soooo sage. I'm like, "Bitch, you got that from a movie." She's just lucky Teresa is dumber than a  box of rocks. Anyone else would have picked up on that. 

• Love 21

The father kept wanting Joe to do more shots and Teresa saw nothing wrong with it. Never mind work but didn't  Joe DRIVE over?  They probably do think Joe Gi many driving violations and the DUI were unfair. I don't know how painful cataracts is but the father very well might favor forgoing pain medication for booze.  Like when the certain "way" husband tried to say he drinks a bottle of wine (or something) at night because he won't take pills to sleep. "Old school logic" at its finest. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:
30 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Right??? She thought she was soooo sage. I'm like, "Bitch, you got that from a movie." She's just lucky Teresa is dumber than a  box of rocks. Anyone else would have picked up on that. 

If it had been My Big Fat Italian Wedding, Teresa would have seen it. I have a feeling she hasn't seen it, since she thinks it's about Greek people, not Italians (or that it relates to any other ethnic group). She would sit through the movie, saying "Italians do that too," and totally miss the humor of the movie. I wonder if she knows what a bundt cake is? Melissa should bring one to the next gathering.

• Love 11

Joe tells Teresa that Melissa said Teresa brought up being upset about them going on vacation for the anniversary of Nonna's death. Teresa throws Delores under the bus corrects Joe and tells him Delores brought it up. Teresa relays the conversation to Delores, and Delores wants to know why Melissa brought her into it.  Ummm, Delores? Melissa didn't bring you into it. Teresa did. And even if she hadn't narc'd you out, you inserted yourself, because you're like fambly that way. You brought yourself into it. Morons.

Is Delores still close friends with Caroline Manzo? 

• Love 23
11 hours ago, Emmeline said:

The furnishings in Jennifer’s house, yikes.  The house itself might be nice, but they need a decorator stat!

Oh good, it isn't just me.  When she said "it's like Monte Carlo" I envisioned a lovely home.  The only way this is like Monte Carlo is if there is an establishment there named "Hotel Tacky-Tacky".  

• Love 11

The only thing I really loved about Jennifer's home was the outdoor space with the pool.  That was really nice.  Everything else did look like a hotel, and a gaudy one at that.  Not homey or comfortable at all.

I sort of understood what the ladies were trying to say about "controlling" your man....not necessarily controlling him but sometimes the way you say things will have an impact on the way someone else perceives the situation.  Of course Tre wasn't able to articulate this.  I loved the shocked look on everyone's face (especially Teresa!) when Jackie dared to stand up to her.  Jackie was 100% correct, this may be a family matter but if you don't want input from others don't bring it up in a public forum.

Ugh, Danielle is back next week.  I would almost rather watch Jennifer give us a tour of her 16 bathrooms.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Ugh, Danielle is back next week.  I would almost rather watch Jennifer give us a tour of her 16 bathrooms.

I loove bathrooms...I've rewound scenes of the Kardashians (they sometimes hang out on the, um, *couch* in their mom's bathroom) just to check the room out!

I have a pinterest page of fancy bathrooms...I love me some claw-foot tubs, steam and rain showers, elaborate sink areas, vanity tables....sigh..

(for the record, neither of my 2 (JEALOUS?)  barely allow me enough room to step out of the shower & towel off!)

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

So Joe IS pissed about his childhood. I figured. I feel like theres mire than just football games though (I cant picture Joe playing football btw) But he also seems annoyed by his own children  (when they were younger he seemed outriget jealous at the attention they took away from Melissa) and so he should channel his own feelings into being a good father... but these Gorga's are all about the past not the fambly right in front of them. Working if you need the money is actualy a valid excuse. It happens all the time to lots of people and they grow up well adjusted. But again, a slight is a slight to the Gorga's (and when I say "the Gorga's" I'm pulling a Tre and mostly excluding Melissa but this works in Melissa's favor.)

I can see him playing football. He would have done it at the minimum to attempt to get girls (seems like he was born horny).  And if his dad was so busy - I can see Joe wanting to attach to someone else's father or the coach by being around sports. he does seems to have some skills (ie  can pass and catch; and that memorable scene where he openly tackled Juicy - that was a wresting takedown move). Also, the typical neighborhood public high school has to make their roster from whomever is there and "teachable". doubtful if Joe went to some fancy HS where a neighborhood of athlete- minded parents moved to,  so that their child can get to Div 1 NCAA (scholarship)-NFL,MLB or NBA.

I'm still looking but here is a OLD pix of him with a b-ball ( link ) - 

joe-gorga-basketball.jpg.b53107d585b796da28df80dd2f3b8aa0.jpg

Isn't Joe and Tre only a couple of years apart - which means Juicy would have been in HS school too about the same time frame. Now his athletic skills... hmmm

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

Melissa could birth the second coming and T would find a way to blame something bad on her lol .... Melissa isnt hyping her husband up he just is tired of T attacking him and his wife i understand ....And Jackie is 100% correct IF T thinks you can control your man so easy then why is her husband in jail? or why was he on camera calling her a bitch to a woman he was cheating on her with?

• Love 16

Teresa really needs to do something about her three head.  Her hair pulled into a ponytail made her forehead look like it was only an inch long.  She's really starting to show her age to me.  She wears so much makeup, her face looks marionettish. 

I am on Jackie's side.  They really need to stop being afraid to stand up to Teresa.  And Joe isn't just away Teresa.  He's in PRISON!  You couldn't control what he did, that's why you were in PRISON!  

Edited by swankie
  • Love 14
32 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I sort of understood what the ladies were trying to say about "controlling" your man....not necessarily controlling him but sometimes the way you say things will have an impact on the way someone else perceives the situation.  Of course Tre wasn't able to articulate this.

I think part of the problem is that Tre can't stay on message about what's upsetting her and it's hard to keep up with. So it totally makes sense that Melissa would be done with it and would want her husband to handle things with his sister directly. At the end of the day, I think Tre articulated the real problem in her TH, she's not getting enough praise for what she does for Nonno and she'll always be second best. Both to her father and her brother.  I think she's tired of hearing about what Joey does and doesn't do because that puts the focus on him and not her. She wants to be the most important person to her father and brother and that's just never going to happen.  

• Love 4

I missed the intro on Delores mom - what's her back story? Did her husband or someone recently die too (there is a underlying back story with the widows and widowers going on) . I saw alot of sadness in her face - maybe it was the "not feeling well". Do we know what is wrong ?

I'm still stuck on eating cupcakes 3x a day..can't remember the last time she had veggies... I'm glad that now that Delores is an empty nester she can spend more time with her mom..

Melissa's mom & Marge SR might need to hold a "grandparent "session by being happy and close to healthy has possible - two good and happy looking women .

Can't say about Jennifer mom - as she was so busy cooking and didn't say much on camera - other than "saving a plate food for Jennifer's husband" , which left me thinking, why is the mom worried about saving a plate for Mr-Dr. Evil ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2