Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Murder Most Foul

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, nowornever said:

Hvitserk must have gotten a taste of what Ubbe was dealing with from Margrete and ratted her out to Ivar, or maybe Ivar just didn't trust her and killed her despite Hvitsirk. 

Hvitserk gave her a strange look when he told her to rest, and I did wonder if he told Ivar to kill her.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, green said:

No, Hvitserk loved her.  He even went to the cabin to comfort her and make sure she stayed warm.  Ivar alone decided to kill her after his dream that she had stabbed him to death.

Yes, it's the cabin scene I was referring to.  He comforted her but the way he looked at her made me think he wanted her to die a comfortable death while she was sleeping, maybe by suffocation.  

Obviously, in the next episode I was proven wrong. ; )

• Love 1

I'm sorry, JRM's acting is dreadful.  What is with that breathless, whispery voice?  It took me out of every scene he was in.  No one talks like that. <eyeroll>

On 12/6/2018 at 6:39 PM, wlk68 said:

JRM is using the same line delivery style he did for Henry in The Tudors. He's a one trick pony.

In which he was also terribly miscast.

The writing on this back half is also pretty terrible.  Oh, those manly Vikings!  Women can't help but throw themselves into bed with them. <eyeroll>  I suppose Princess Virgin is now going to be pregnant, implying Alfred's line is really Bjorn's. <eyeroll>  Sorry, Athelstan.  And the anachronisms and historical inaccuracies are really annoying.  I guess TPTB are not interested in research anymore.

Alex Hogh does an outstanding job of playing a lunatic, but Ivar is so over the top crazy that his scenes are no longer interesting.  (Remember how subtle Fimmel and Ragnar were?)  I was hoping his dream of being stabbed was true, but alas, we know that won't happen.  I'm sick of Ivar.

Freydis looks way too modern.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:15 AM, brisbydog said:

I used to love this show so much, but half the episode with Bishop Bad Actor whispering his lines in an attempt to sound fierce, and the other half with Cackling Ivar and it is losing me. Also thought Bjorn and Princess Virgin was stupid. I guess he will be the father of Alfred's kid the way Athelstan is the father of Alfred. Liked Ubbe and Alfred, that's about it

Exactly!

On 12/6/2018 at 5:06 PM, Ohwell said:

Yes, it's pretty obvious that he (Hvitserk) wants to do something, but what I was wondering was what exactly he will do--or at least try to.  Whatever it is, I'm guessing it won't go well.

I think we get a clue in the previews, but I'll say no more. (Speculation only.)

• Love 1
On 12/7/2018 at 10:04 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

When does Utred Ragnarson come on the scene to advise King Alfred? Oops, sorry, wrong Viking show.

Now that they're back in Wessex with Alfred I, too, keep expecting Uhtred to burst in and take over the place. Interesting, having two shows at the same time dealing with almost the same time span and nearly identical characters. (Although by now The Last Kingdom is quite a few years ahead of Vikings. )  So when is Alfred going to burn his cakes?

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, One Tough Cookie said:

Ivar's "crown" looks like cloves of garlic.

From ET Online:    Ragnar's son appears quite comfortable with his new position of power, as he's crowned with an eerie headpiece made of bird skulls

1 hour ago, Babalooie said:

From ET Online:    Ragnar's son appears quite comfortable with his new position of power, as he's crowned with an eerie headpiece made of bird skulls

Is that what those are? 

• Love 1