Type keyword(s) to search

Unanchored - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’m wondering if any of them (except Capt Jack) have begun to re-evaluate their life choices now that how much fun they have on these vacations is being seen as a shit-show rather than the mythic tales they’d shared prior to their TV debut. 

Since it’s unlikely there’ll be another show with a group of friends cast that achieves this level of collective awfulness, I’m seeing this through to the bitter end. 

*Capt Jack gets a pass since he’s (A) the only one that seems to have any sense of self-awareness, (B) successfully created a persona that has nimrods paying him to be their “friend” for a few weeks each year, and (C) will probably be the only one who’s career will benefit, if not expand (voice work), as a result of doing this show. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Rachel was initially on the brunette boat but she jumped ship because she wasn’t getting along with the brunettes..

In our family - the whole family - we say, "Jesus Christ Helen", which is what my dad would yell at my mom all the time.  Both long dead - good times.

7 hours ago, cork dork said:

I’m wondering if any of them (except Capt Jack) have begun to re-evaluate their life choices now that how much fun they have on these vacations is being seen as a shit-show rather than the mythic tales they’d shared prior to their TV debut. 

Since it’s unlikely there’ll be another show with a group of friends cast that achieves this level of collective awfulness, I’m seeing this through to the bitter end

*Capt Jack gets a pass since he’s (A) the only one that seems to have any sense of self-awareness, (B) successfully created a persona that has nimrods paying him to be their “friend” for a few weeks each year, and (C) will probably be the only one who’s career will benefit, if not expand (voice work), as a result of doing this show. 

Me too!  It is so bad it is good.  This is why I balance my tv watching with documentaries so I don't feel too much like shit.

I will say that I am pretty much done with Bravo except for RHoNY and Below Deck and the Friday decorating shows.  [runs over to Teen Mom OG]

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3

Bravo cares so little about this show that it's running the last three episodes on Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Eve respectively. Luckily, I have no life whatsoever so I will probably be at home watching in real time. It's been a mediocre ride, but hey, in for a penny, in for a pound!

• Love 10

A shot before 10am every day or 10 more shots before 1pm seems like a really bad idea when you're out on open water, on a boat.

I'm surprised these people aren't falling all over themselves, and into each other, just trying to keep their sea legs.

Agree with everyone else that it's boring, these people aren't interesting. 

• Love 2

Episode 7:

"Walk The Plank"

The crew descends on Piggy Beach to splash with swimming swine, then set out on an elaborate, island-wide treasure hunt. Vanessa and Chelsi decide to forgive Rachel, which only drives Danielle farther away; and Captain Jack spirals out of control when he feels he’s lost the crew’s respect. Meanwhile, Max contemplates going into business with Quenton.

Airs December 24, 2018.

• Love 1

Episode 8:

"Shark Bite"

As the trip nears its end, Rachel makes a final push to get Albie to commit, Vanessa starts to wonder if her fling with Max could become a real romance, and friendly competition leads one crew member to a terrifying shark encounter. Chelsi and Vanessa confront Danielle about her antagonistic behavior, but when she doubles down on her negativity, the group begins to wonder if their friendship will last beyond the trip.

Airs December 25, 2018.

• Love 2

Danielle is having second thoughts - quelle surprise.

Max seems like such a douchey loser.  Captain Jack was being quite kind and generous while giving him a motivational speech, but Jack is young and still naive.

Bravo has quite the knack for finding douchey losers and making a show about them(anyone remember Invite Only: Cabo?).

• Love 5
On 12/22/2018 at 4:32 AM, bref said:

Bravo cares so little about this show that it's running the last three episodes on Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Eve respectively. Luckily, I have no life whatsoever so I will probably be at home watching in real time. It's been a mediocre ride, but hey, in for a penny, in for a pound!

You.and.me.both.  To be fair I am usually home in jammies by 8.

The chicky who lives in California but wants a relationship with a guy in Boston..............He really wants her to move across country, get her own home and her own friends and job etc and then he just might want a commitment?  She should have laughed in his face.

This show is really, really bad.  See you all next week.

• Love 6

I am actually kind of sad that I didn't know about this or maybe it wasn't around in my 20's... I probably would have loved doing something like this- however probably could only afford a week of day drinking and I would have nixed the costumes... I started out liking Daniele, but I now find her the "mean girl" and wanna be boss.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am actually kind of sad that I didn't know about this or maybe it wasn't around in my 20's..

Except these people are in their late 30s.  Captain Jack, who is not a real captain, is the youngest.

I did find out that "The Bucketlist" is an annual event of 350 people and 35 catamarans which is kind of cool.  In Lake St. Clair we have an annual Jobbie Nooner.  I have been to that and it was awesome......in my 20s.

• Love 1

Barrett should end things w Danielle before she moves in.  It's okay that she is ready to move on to the next phase of her life and ditch the costumes and partying but he seems to still be all about it.  He will resent her if she makes him stop before he's ready to.  Besides that, she is a nightmare.  I thought Vanessa was the head of the mean girls but it turns out it's Danielle.  She was fine when Rachel was going to be the odd girl out but now that it's her, she's livid.  I get it - Rachel slept with your not at the time boyfriend.  It's okay not to like her but to expect the others to do the same is childish.  She does not come off well on the show at all and she is probably surprised that she doesn't come off as sympathetic.

Rachel has her own issues.  Have they told us before that she moved to Boston to be with whats his name for 8 months and left when he wouldn't commit?  Why the hell would she do this again? I would've walked away when he said "You'll be happier in CA."  HE DOESN'T WANT YOU IN BOSTON.  (Mainly because she's a stage 4 clinger. When she gets older, hopefully she will cringe at younger Rachel and have grown a backbone in the meantime.)

I assume this show won't be back.  I enjoyed it in a mindless way but I won't miss it. 

• Love 5

Rachel reeks of desperation.  He's just not that into you, girl.

Danielle will try to change Barrett and he'll resent it.  That and her constant whining about her real friends back home will become unbearable.

One more episode left, I think.  Will "free spirit" loser Max go to work for his brother?  Oh, the suspense!

• Love 2

These people are too old to be acting this way.  They're all supposed to be high achievers but aren't.  The women, especially the foot doctor, look WAY older than mid 30s.  At their ages, their window for having children is closing, time to put the "epic" vacations aside for a while and sober up.  The only one who's tolerable is the chubby girl (I don't know any names).

Why is the captain of a boat drinking and smoking weed all day?  That doesn't look like normal cigarettes.

Also, what's with the law school loser's and the hairdresser's voices?  It's beyond just screaming-at-a-concert hoarse, it's like Whitney Houston freshly cracked up hoarse.

This might be a cool show if the cast was a decade younger and actually fun.  As it stands, it's like watching my aunt and uncle getting drunk and arguing at a family event...then bragging to coworkers about their crazy, amaaaaazing vacation.

• Love 2

Episode 9:

"Return to Reality"

Captain Jack and his crew say farewell to their friends on Boat Two, then spend a dreamy final day in the Bahamas, complete with jet-surfing, scuba scooters… and trying to mend some broken relationships. Rachel attempts to apologize to Danielle for betraying her trust, while Captain Jack makes a heartfelt pledge to the future of the group’s friendship. And just as Vanessa says an emotional goodbye to Max and their Bahamian fling, Max stuns everyone with a giant romantic gesture.

Aired December 31, 2018.

3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

What do any of these people see in any other of these people

The guys see easy sex while on vacation, even if the women aren't in their prime.  The women get validation and attention into their middle years.  Win-win.

• Love 1