Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Legends Of To-Meow-Meow

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

That was wacky and I want more of full bodied Gideon either in 'flesh' or hologram form.

Been saying this for a while now myself,i mean they could do something like how they did Lexa Doig in Gene Rodenberry's Andromeda

• Love 2

I wonder if they're saving Garima getting a line for the season finale, and if her look is from either Total Recall or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books.

In addition to the other lines, I loved the one about hating all the timey-wimey stuff.  This show knows exactly what it is.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, marketdoctor said:

I wonder if they're saving Garima getting a line for the season finale, and if her look is from either Total Recall or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books.

In addition to the other lines, I loved the one about hating all the timey-wimey stuff.  This show knows exactly what it is.

I was just about to post the Dr. Who shout out.

Heh...timey wimey

Edited by Machiabelly
Spelling
  • Love 2

Best episode of the entire series so far!  So much fun.  I loved how they went back and fixed things from previous episodes.

When Charlie was shown checking to see who had died after her various fix attempts, I was howling when she saw it was Gary and had this “ehh I could live with this reality” look.

Sirens of Space-Time!!!  The 70s soundtrack!  The way they all spun around in unison!  The hair flips!  Loved it.

• Love 4

I cannot overstate how much I flove this show, and this episode, omg....I had to pause it to squee about the puppets. They reminded me of Smile Time on Angel, only they weren’t evil puppets. Loved all the homages to other tv shows and the meta jokes. I didn’t know it’s off until April, boo hiss.

And also, stop tugging at my heartstrings, show! I can only handle one emotional show, and that’s This Is Us. ;)

Kudos to the show runners, actors, and entire crew. This show is too much fun, and I even enjoyed Mona this time.

• Love 4

Last week Zari notes that she, Constantine and Charlie were the B-Team so this week we get the A-Team. I love TV theme songs so I really enjoyed this episode. It was made even bet you the fact that the situations kept getting crazier and crazier. I was cracking up at the scene which revealed that Mick and the fairy godmother were partners but then I got a little sad when I saw she was dressed like Snart. I’d never heard of trypophobia before yesterday but after seeing Des’s face transform at the end of last nights episode I think I might have it. I’m surprised they didn’t find a way to work Nora into this. Also, don’t tease Zarlie, show. That’s just mean.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Ha! Days of Future Cats is pretty good, but it probably skewed too far into Marvel territory for it to ever have been approved. Otherwise, I think Legends of To-Meow-Meow was the clear winner.

And here I thought it was an allusion to the Moody Blues record.... (/AmOld) (I also can't keep track of the movie titles, despite having seen them all.)

Edited by janeta
  • Love 2

I like Get Me-ow ta here. Legends of To meow meow was a good choice though. 

I kind of hope if Legends comes back they skip next years crossover too because that sounds like a convulated mess that they can't possibly have the budget for. And even if they do merge the Earth's they are still not going to be crossing over all time making it a bigger issue when they are battling a big bad and don't call Supergirl or Superman. Unless they are going to merge the shows into one and call it the League of Justice.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Also, don’t tease Zarlie, show. That’s just mean.

I don't really think they were.  Remember in episode 9 or 10 of last season when Snart noted that Ava and Sara were hot?  He then said, "Gay, not blind."  Figure Zari is straight, not blind.  Amaya/Maisie/Charlie is hot.  But that doesn't mean Zari or she will do anything with it.

Also, I would love to see other women in the Arrowverse read "Rebecca Silver."  The idea that Mick Rory has become the Arrowverse E. L. James is screamingly funny to me.

• Love 8

It would be funny if it spread to the other Arrowverse shows, though, like Beebo has.  Like seeing Felicity or Iris or Kara reading “Rebecca Silver” books, not knowing who the real author is.  😂  Not as a plot point, but just in passing.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

They don't even have to be reading it, they can just have the books on their coffee table or by their bed. I think it would be great if Team Flash finds out that Iris, Caitlin and Cecile were reading books written by Mick. 

They need to be like Castle and release Mick's books under Rebecca Silver. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I kind of hope if Legends comes back they skip next years crossover too because that sounds like a convulated mess that they can't possibly have the budget for.

Or just keep cutting to them avoiding the others calls, until the end then have them come in go what's the big deal and fix it all😁

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Yes, but will any real-world author be able to live up to the levels of shallowness and libidiousness required??

It would be the Legends writers writing it. So I don't doubt it. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, janeta said:

And here I thought it was an allusion to the Moody Blues record.... (/AmOld)

That's doubtless where Chris Claremont and John Byrne got the idea for the title of the X-Men story (although I didn't know about that album until you mentioned it.)

giphy.gif

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Nogoodnamesleft said:

Or just keep cutting to them avoiding the others calls, until the end then have them come in go what's the big deal and fix it all😁

Actually, I can just hear them shrugging it off if they ever picked up the phone: "Someone's trying to re-write reality?  Pfft.  Around here, we call that 'Tuesday'!"

On 12/11/2018 at 9:46 AM, Starfish35 said:

As hilarious as this was (and it was, definitely 🤣)I had to actively tamp down the part of my brain that was protesting that no, just losing Sara, or Constantine, or Charlie - especially Charlie, much as I love her! - shouldn’t be enough to make the team I’ve been watching for three years turn into stone-cold psycho killers

One thing to consider is that even in the final timeline which Charlie and Con decided was "close enough" since no one was dead, figure the adventures that team went through where the adventures they'd been through this season.  So, they faced the unicorn, fairy godmother, Charlie (who got away), the strega, Tagumo and the minotaur.  Granted that they never bonded with Charlie to learn that not all magical beings are pure evil, but they faced the strega without Charlie and Constantine.  Without Charlie to point out the target and Constantine to the perform his "life-transfer" spell figure one or more of the camp children died.  So, children died on the Legends' watch.  Figure that's going to be plenty enough for them to have a "Kill it!  Kill it with fire!" policy toward magical beings at that point.

While Charlie being a relatable face of and advocate for magical beings certainly is important, I think it's more important that the Legends were able to save those camp children so that anger at their own failure to do that didn't radicalize them in terms of the way they approached magical beings.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 10
On 12/11/2018 at 3:55 PM, Lugal said:

"Because of you dicks I've been a cat for months.  This tongue has been...Places!"

Best line of the episode for me. The drawn out pause before she says "places" was perfect. Anything with ZariCat was just awesome. Flying the Jump Ship, comforting John with a paw, even just sitting in the backpack cat carrier with bubble window.

A very fun episode. I still need to see some fall out from John messing with a "set in time" moment. This show and the Flash has used that excuse for why there were so many changes after Barry fixed him saving his mother. Especially since Charlie and John didn't just fix John's mistake but continually tried to find ways around fixing John's mistake, before finally doing so. If there are no changes then there would be no reason the Legends couldn't go back and fix the FlashPoint changes if they are somehow immune to that. I just need consistency in my time travel rules between these shows.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

A very fun episode. I still need to see some fall out from John messing with a "set in time" moment. This show and the Flash has used that excuse for why there were so many changes after Barry fixed him saving his mother. Especially since Charlie and John didn't just fix John's mistake but continually tried to find ways around fixing John's mistake, before finally doing so. If there are no changes then there would be no reason the Legends couldn't go back and fix the FlashPoint changes if they are somehow immune to that. I just need consistency in my time travel rules between these shows.

Perhaps the "fallout" is that Des (and Neron) are out of Hell and active (through Hank) at the Time Bureau.

So I'm still unclear... does Charlie have her powers back or not?  I know in one timeline she had them and said she still kept the Amaya form because that was how the team had gotten to know her... which would be a great way of explaining how the actress can still be on the show.  But now that Constantine restored the timeline (I think) and let Desmond get banished, does that mean Charlie is back to having lost her powers?  Or did John give them back?  I wasn't paying as close attention as I had thought.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:55 PM, Lugal said:

Other Highlights:

- "Because of you dicks I've been a cat for months.  This tongue has been...Places!"

I just have to correct this. It was

"Do you know where this tongue has been?"

"Places!"

The timing and delivery of that line was perfect (or purr-fect).

• Love 5
14 hours ago, johntfs said:

Perhaps the "fallout" is that Des (and Neron) are out of Hell and active (through Hank) at the Time Bureau.

It's possible that Des/Neron is fallout, but I took that scene as the reveal of whom Hank was really working for (from a prior episode when he was on the phone talking about project Hades). Flashpoint had multiple changes that occurred even effecting characters on different shows. I don't expect that to happen here, they just seem to be inconsistent with set time changes ripple effect.

9 hours ago, ketose said:

I just have to correct this. It was

"Do you know where this tongue has been?"

*John slowly shaking his head no*

"Places!"

The timing and delivery of that line was perfect (or purr-fect).

Fixed it :)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's possible that Des/Neron is fallout, but I took that scene as the reveal of whom Hank was really working for (from a prior episode when he was on the phone talking about project Hades). Flashpoint had multiple changes that occurred even effecting characters on different shows. I don't expect that to happen here, they just seem to be inconsistent with set time changes ripple effect.

Yeah, but my take is that the timeline had already "priced in" in the charge and change back and that the destabilization was what let Neron (and Des) out of Hell.  So John, by his efforts to change time, is the one who created the opening for the Big Bad in the first place.

I may have come close to hyperventilating when we saw Mick and his partner in crime!  

Poor Gary is only ever runner up employee of the month. 

And Ava’s plaque said ‘replaced too soon’. Presumably they picked up a new clone. 

By by the time they got back to the real timeline I’d almost forgotten where we’d left off last week!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

And Ava’s plaque said ‘replaced too soon’. Presumably they picked up a new clone. 

That’s a good one, I missed that. Have we gotten a reference to Ava being a clone in every episode so far? I hope it’s leading somewhere, I don’t want to fall into ‘I was a barista’ territory. 

5 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

That’s a good one, I missed that. Have we gotten a reference to Ava being a clone in every episode so far? I hope it’s leading somewhere, I don’t want to fall into ‘I was a barista’ territory. 

True, but having served coffee only weeks before becoming a super hero is much more traumatic than discovering you're a clone and your whole life is a lie.

• Love 4

Sometimes I just sit in awe of all the whacko things this show is throwing at its audience. How did we ever get from S1's chicken people to the current level of awesome? Praise Beebo indeed! So glad the Legends stayed out of the crossover - this was sooo much better. And the timey wimey line hurt a little because I can't help thinking that right now this show has lot more fun with time-travel than Doctor Who. 

One thing that confused me though was Charlie's ability to heal Is that standard for a shapeshifter? IIRC that was never brought up before - no wonder she misses her powers.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

One thing that confused me though was Charlie's ability to heal Is that standard for a shapeshifter? IIRC that was never brought up before - no wonder she misses her powers.

Well, she was never seriously injured when she had her powers in episode 3.  Still, it kind of makes sense, if your current shape is wounded, assume a shape that isn't wounded.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, johntfs said:

Well, she was never seriously injured when she had her powers in episode 3.  Still, it kind of makes sense, if your current shape is wounded, assume a shape that isn't wounded.

And bear in mind that she's also immortal when she has her full shapeshifting powers, so no matter how many times people tried to kill her, she'd always come back from it as if nothing had happened.  That was the other reason that she wanted John's personal history to stay re-written.  It wasn't just the loss of her powers that made her so desperate. The thought of being mortal and thus subject to aging and eventual death also terrified her.

• Love 2

AIRWOLF!!!! Oh man, that takes me back! I loved that friggin' theme song!

I wonder what the episodes would be like to watch now. I remember them being the height of excitement, but looking at this clip it strikes me just how fast action scenes have gotten.

3 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

AIRWOLF!!!! Oh man, that takes me back! I loved that friggin' theme song!

I wonder what the episodes would be like to watch now. I remember them being the height of excitement, but looking at this clip it strikes me just how fast action scenes have gotten.

They hold up pretty well in my opinion.  There's obvious silly stuff (despite his only apparent income being from a partner in the struggling at best Santini air, Stringfellow lives on multi-million dollar lakefront property) but it holds up once you accept the 80s-goofy premise. 

• Love 1

I love this crazy show so much. When Nate said it would be a hard pass on the crossover, I had to pause the TV I was laughing so hard. As a person that watches none of the other shows, thank you so much bro. I will spare everyone any further comments since I am months behind everyone else that has watched the season.

• Love 1