Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I’m thinking it was a church connection - private adoption, looking for a good Texas family of gingers through the Christian grapevine. Stephanie was a social worker - maybe she’s involved with a group that encourages women with unplanned pregnancies to have their babies and give them up for adoption.

Brandi goes to church?

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Andy looked reallllly stoned. 

OMG, his eyes were so so so red, it was distracting. 
I do think that Stephanie is a genuinely nice person, but her alliance with Brandi is incomprehensible to me.  Brandi is a legitimately terrible person and I think she takes advantage of the fact that Stephanie is pretty vulnerable emotionally and intellectually.  Leeanne is absolutely insane and I hate her "shtick"...all the bon mots, the over enunciated platitudes and cracks...it's very very rehearsed.  I honestly think they are all pretty vile with Kam and Cary probably imho being the most benign..I guess Stephanie is also in that group but her friendship with Brandi makes it harder for me to think of her kindly..also her inability to cope without her husband is alarming for me.

• Love 6

LeeAnne may be crazy and I may be in the minority but I find her insanely entertaining.  And unless the editing monkeys were crazy hard at work, both D'Andra and Brandi are green with jealousy over LeeAnne's 500 different styles dress.   Has Andy ever thrown such a compliment at a RH product?  

I think D'Andra came off the worst in this reunion.  She interrupted constantly (something I wish Andy would crack down on with ALL the reunions) and seemed extremely petty.  I know she and LeeAnne aren't getting along but what is her beef with Cary exactly?  And I think that text that Kam produced was genuine because D'Andra's reaction to it said it all.  She looked concerned when Kam produced it.  If you believe D'Andra, Kam somehow managed to fabricate a text on her phone that came from D'Andra's phone.  Wow.  Between that and LeeAnne allegedly cloning Brandi's phone, or Brandi making it look like LeeAnne cloned her phone, these ladies are geniuses! 

How many of them were sitting on their hands not to indicate they believe Brandi is a drunk?  I'm raising my hand from here.  Brandi may say she's not a drunk but she appeared to be drunk at a lot of the events -- a sloppy drunk.  And mean.  If I didn't know better, I'd think she's drinking to drown out an unhappy marriage.  We all saw what happened a season or two ago.  Her husband never seems to be home and when he is, he doesn't seem comfortable.  Maybe it's the cameras.  Or maybe not.  

I don't understand why Kam thought Brandi's adoption was her business, or anyone else's.  And Stephanie saying she was using  a surrogate in order to keep Brandi's secret for an hour is not poking fun at surrogates, nor should it bring up stressful feelings of how anyone had a hard time conceiving.  It was a fib employed briefly so that Brandi might tell everyone at the time she chose about the baby.  It wasn't a joke, it wasn't a lie.  And it's been blow way out of proportion. 

Poor Stephanie appeared horrified during a lot of the screeching.  I do think she's a fairly honest person though.

By the end, when the cameras showed D'Andra in profile, she looked as though she was melting.  

All in all, the Dallas ladies were far more interesting this season than the Orange County ones.

• Love 18
13 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Bootleg Elle Woods did NOT go to law school or take the bar. But I bet she would love it if people thought she did.

Duh, of course.  My bad.  Thanks to all of you who set me straight.  I totally take back the bar-exam part of my post.  I'll let the moron part stand, though.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Jel said:

Yeah, she did words to that effect. The impression I got was that Kam was hurt and felt she'd been made a fool of by Stephanie -- Kam was all wow, you've got a surrogate?! What!? Really? And despite Kam's obvious skepticism, Stephanie kept it going. It was kind of odd. Stephanie's intent may have been to help her friend, but Kam was lied to and I imagine felt tossed aside in that effort. I like Stephanie a lot this year, but I mean she did, technically, lie to Kameron more than once that evening.  Lying is a hot button issue with this cast it seems.

Who knows what was going on in Kam's head re: the fertility issues -- she did say she'd had some of her own. Maybe she used a surrogate or considered it, maybe for her it's just a serious, very emotional thing that's not something to be all casual about. People are entitled to their feelings, and if those are Kam's, I don't really see how any of the HWs can object to that.

Thanks for clarifying. I would agree that there seems to be something personal tied to the issue that made it more personal for her and then for Brandi to hide it and Stephanie to lie about it to cover up seemed hurtful and she realized that she wasn't owed any explanation but I guess she felt she had come far enough with Brandi that she would trust that she could share the news with Kam and Kam would be happy for her.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Thanks for clarifying. I would agree that there seems to be something personal tied to the issue that made it more personal for her and then for Brandi to hide it and Stephanie to lie about it to cover up seemed hurtful and she realized that she wasn't owed any explanation but I guess she felt she had come far enough with Brandi that she would trust that she could share the news with Kam and Kam would be happy for her.

Agreed, and ultimately, what is she owed? Kam might argue (as I would) that as a maybe friend, but certainly co-worker, at least a minimal amount of respect evidenced, perhaps, in not taking the piss out of her. Did Stephanie intend to do that? Nope, I don't believe that was her intention, but that's how I imagine it felt to Kameron. 

I wondered why Stephanie felt the need to overtly lie about it, when she could have easily opted to not answer the question, avoided it by changing the subject or excused herself from the conversation. I remember commenting about that to my husband at the time because it seemed such an odd choice when there were so many other ways to go with it, and especially knowing she was going to all that effort when the jig was going to be up in about 30 minutes max.  I get why Kameron was bothered by that, I'm pretty sure I would have been too. Probably not as much as Kam was, but it would make me kind of side eye Stephanie after that, as I always do when people persist with a lie when they have other options.  I completely understand that she felt she was supporting her friend and didn't want to ruin Brandi's moment, but I also get Kam's hurt feelings in this one.

• Love 8
On 12/6/2018 at 10:01 AM, Mr. Minor said:

lol! "IT WAS A WRONG NUMBER!"

When she started off with the fairly innocuous, "Go jump in a lake" but then ended it with "and drown!" she was totally flashing us Brenda.

15 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

LeeAnne is also the only one who has gotten physical, poking Brandi, breaking a glass, making threats involving strangling (or was it knives?) and probably some other stuff I've forgotten. 

There was the fight she had on the street with Tiffany(?) on season 1 where she punched the camera, sending the camera man into a fairly busy street, and then slapped a street car that passed by before storming off through traffic.  I think she also got physical in a fight at a lake house with Marie(?) but I do not remember details and I think maybe it wasn't filmed. 

1 hour ago, Jel said:

Agreed, and ultimately, what is she owed? Kam might argue (as I would) that as a maybe friend, but certainly co-worker, at least a minimal amount of respect evidenced, perhaps, in not taking the piss out of her. Did Stephanie intend to do that? Nope, I don't believe that was her intention, but that's how I imagine it felt to Kameron. 

I wondered why Stephanie felt the need to overtly lie about it, when she could have easily opted to not answer the question, avoided it by changing the subject or excused herself from the conversation. I remember commenting about that to my husband at the time because it seemed such an odd choice when there were so many other ways to go with it, and especially knowing she was going to all that effort when the jig was going to be up in about 30 minutes max.  I get why Kameron was bothered by that, I'm pretty sure I would have been too. Probably not as much as Kam was, but it would make me kind of side eye Stephanie after that, as I always do when people persist with a lie when they have other options.  I completely understand that she felt she was supporting her friend and didn't want to ruin Brandi's moment, but I also get Kam's hurt feelings in this one.

If Kam's so upset by lying then she shouldn't be friends with LeeAnne.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I wasn't entirely listening - but was Kameron's argument about feeling personally slighted about the whole adoption thing have to do with her own fertility struggles? At one point she agreed it was intended to be harmless and she agreed that it's not owed to her to know Brandi's business but it's her own personal experience that made her feel personally connected and hurt by being left out of knowing?

7 hours ago, Jel said:

Yeah, she did words to that effect. The impression I got was that Kam was hurt and felt she'd been made a fool of by Stephanie -- Kam was all wow, you've got a surrogate?! What!? Really? And despite Kam's obvious skepticism, Stephanie kept it going. It was kind of odd. Stephanie's intent may have been to help her friend, but Kam was lied to and I imagine felt tossed aside in that effort. I like Stephanie a lot this year, but I mean she did, technically, lie to Kameron more than once that evening.  Lying is a hot button issue with this cast it seems.

Who knows what was going on in Kam's head re: the fertility issues -- she did say she'd had some of her own. Maybe she used a surrogate or considered it, maybe for her it's just a serious, very emotional thing that's not something to be all casual about. People are entitled to their feelings, and if those are Kam's, I don't really see how any of the HWs can object to that.

2 hours ago, Jel said:

From what I recall the tallest little girl in the world walked in the party announcing in baby talk that she KNEW it was a baby shower, cornering Stephanie and demanding an answer, so Stephanie gave the lie on the spot, after which she stood there going "See?  I knew it!  See?" while doing that thing with her lips and the exaggerated head nod.  That's why I think she felt foolish afterward, and since she has no sense of humor anyway it is why she's carried that grudge all this time.  She was also pissed that Cary knew, and it never made sense to me that she should feel entitled to know as much about Brandi's biz as Stephanie and Cary, when they weren't even friends except for one season of the show.  She didn't throw out the bit about her own fertility issues until the end when she was totally losing her argument (because there was nothing to be upset about and she's an asshole) so I'm not buying it.  When she's done calling AT&T she can pony up some proof of her struggles.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, nr65000 said:

do think that Stephanie is a genuinely nice person, but her alliance with Brandi is incomprehensible to me.

I think it has to do with Stephanie’s long friendship with Travis. When your male friends get married you inherit the new wife as a friend. 

I do find the adoption narrative a bit suspect. Also, I think Brandi has had some rough times of late as well as a rough edit on the show. (Leeann’s special gift is to eventually get under everyone’s skin~ eventually they will ALL experience it)

• Love 4
On 12/6/2018 at 12:05 PM, bichonblitz said:

And yeah, she is desperately trying to be queen bee of the show. After all, she is Dallas Society and LeeAnne is just a carney girl at heart. 

Knowing that their friendship pre-dates the show, I have to wonder if D'andra that LeeAnn was on a reality show and she wasn't. Maybe she was secretly seething over it all that time. 

21 hours ago, ninjago said:

I'm actually a little skeptical that they are being honest about the adoption origin story.  Aren't there hundreds of people looking to adopt white infants?  And Brandi is handed one because Stephanie's friend needed to find someone to take this baby?  It doesn't seem to add up.  Throw in the weird coincidence of the baby having red hair and I feel like maybe the parents of the baby are related to Brandi or her husband.

I know I'm a huge cynic, but the story seems off to me too. I just find it odd that a social worker would call friends, asking - "Do you know anyone who could take this baby?" I'd figure there'd be a line around the block for a newborn. 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, princelina said:

From what I recall the tallest little girl in the world walked in the party announcing in baby talk that she KNEW it was a baby shower, cornering Stephanie and demanding an answer, so Stephanie gave the lie on the spot, after which she stood there going "See?  I knew it!  See?" while doing that thing with her lips and the exaggerated head nod.  That's why I think she felt foolish afterward, and since she has no sense of humor anyway it is why she's carried that grudge all this time.  She was also pissed that Cary knew, and it never made sense to me that she should feel entitled to know as much about Brandi's biz as Stephanie and Cary, when they weren't even friends except for one season of the show.  She didn't throw out the bit about her own fertility issues until the end when she was totally losing her argument (because there was nothing to be upset about and she's an asshole) so I'm not buying it.  When she's done calling AT&T she can pony up some proof of her struggles.

I agree with you that she felt foolish, but I maintain that lying to her wasn't Stephanie's only option; in that way she directly contributed to Kam feeling foolish, and she continued on and let Kam make a fool of herself, knowing full well that's what she was doing. Where I come from, that's taking the piss out of someone.

I believe Steph's motives were to support her friend, Brandi, but she kind of did that at Kam's expense, imo.  I like Stephanie, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on how I think she handled something on the show, and I think she, Steph, could have handled it better.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, Jel said:

I agree with you that she felt foolish, but I maintain that lying to her wasn't Stephanie's only option; in that way she directly contributed to Kam feeling foolish, and she continued on and let Kam make a fool of herself, knowing full well that's what she was doing. Where I come from, that's taking the piss out of someone.

I believe Steph's motives were to support her friend, Brandi, but she kind of did that at Kam's expense, imo.  I like Stephanie, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on how I think she handled something on the show, and I think she, Steph, could have handled it better.

I, honestly, just think Steph was put on the spot and wasn't sure how to respond. She's not a very confident woman. Once she said it, she likely didn't see any way out of it. Kam should have let the surprise be a surprise. I find it really annoying when people try to guess. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

From her twitter profile:

Believer in Christ, Wife, Mom, & Cast of #RHOD 

Lol the Bible says even demons believe in Christ. Oh, the irony. 

I would rather have Mamma D on rhod than deAndra if she got herself a new Eva Gabor wig. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jel said:

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I, honestly, just think Steph was put on the spot and wasn't sure how to respond. She's not a very confident woman. Once she said it, she likely didn't see any way out of it. Kam should have let the surprise be a surprise. I find it really annoying when people try to guess. 

I think Kameron is like a dog with a bone once she gets a notion in that teeny little brain of hers, and Stephanie needed to shut her down lest she go blabbing about her guess to everyone else at the party.  It was the only thing Steph could think of on the fly.

• Love 13

Steph admitted that it was a reply on the fly. She doesn't hang out with Mrs. Westcott. I doubt Steph knew of Kam's fertility issues. Of the entire cast, Steph is the only one who I don't believe has a vindictive bone in her body. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

I think Kameron is like a dog with a bone once she gets a notion in that teeny little brain of hers...

Or a “badger, badger, badger, badger, badger!” One of Cary’s finest moments this season (behind the drink dump in the final episode when LeeAnne was flailing on the ground)! I’m with Cary- “why won’t it end?”

• Love 3
7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

There was the fight she had on the street with Tiffany(?) on season 1 where she punched the camera, sending the camera man into a fairly busy street, and then slapped a street car that passed by before storming off through traffic.  I think she also got physical in a fight at a lake house with Marie(?) but I do not remember details and I think maybe it wasn't filmed. 

If Kam's so upset by lying then she shouldn't be friends with LeeAnne.

I had to go look up the Marie incident after you mentioned it. After watching the clip, it’s amazing to me how calm and controlled LeeAnne is (on camera) after threatening the night before (off camera) to “gut” and “slaughter” Marie and get her “carny style.” It proves again to me that LeeAnne is not fundamentally different this season than she has been in previous seasons. She’s maybe gotten SLIGHTLY better at controlling her crazy on camera, but she still ends up hissing at someone like a rabid creature by the end of the season.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-dallas/season-1/episode-9/videos/more-of-the-epic-confrontation-between

I couldn’t find the entire scene, but this recap from US Magazine describes it in detail:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/real-housewives-of-dallas-recap-leeanne-threatens-to-kill-marie-w209056/amp/

LeeAnne Threatens to ‘Slaughter’ Marie 

The women got together the following morning to recap the events that happened off-camera in the middle of the night. Brandi said to the girls, “Last night, I woke up to LeeAnne’s voice literally roaring throughout the house.” Cary Deuber followed up with, “She was screaming at the top of her lungs in Marie’s face, telling her she was going to slaughter her.” Stephanie recalled, “At one point she said she was gonna get her ‘carny style.’” Carny style?!

LeeAnne Deflects Her Rage Problems By Bringing Up Cary’s Alleged Affair

The next day LeeAnne confronted Marie on camera, harping on her again about spreading the poop rumor. Marie said, “You followed me around and said, ‘When I don’t like something, you know what happens? I gut them. I gut them!” Yikes. LeeAnne clarified her death threats by saying, “What you think is killing and what I think is killing are two different things.” Cary called out LeeAnne and said, “You’re gonna have to back down.” LeeAnne was not having it and said to BFF Tiffany Hendra later, “It’s not OK for me to be human but it’s OK for her to steal her man from a married woman?” Talk about savage!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jel said:

You are a nicer person than me :). I think anyone who was lied to for the sake of a fun surprise should get over it pronto :D

• Love 7
8 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Or a “badger, badger, badger, badger, badger!” One of Cary’s finest moments this season (behind the drink dump in the final episode when LeeAnne was flailing on the ground)! I’m with Cary- “why won’t it end?”

Thank you, @MrsWitter - that was exactly what I was thinking of about Kameron, but couldn't remember the badger quote!

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, Lizzing said:

This is the second Bravo show this week where someone mixed up "infer" and "imply" and it is driving me insane.

And I wondered if D'Andra was mortified when her new (non-Dallas Society) bestie shouted at LeeAnn, "If I stoled your phone…!” lol smh

• Love 4

I guess I'm over on the other side of the pool.  I'll take D'Andra and Brandi any day over Leeanne and Kam.

Leeanne is a serial liar and her fake apologies just don't cut it for me.  Kam lives life in lala land.  And the valley girl accent just drives me up the wall along with her 'society' persona.  To me she's pretty classless.  Yeah, pink dog food.  Roll my head.

• Love 15
On 12/7/2018 at 3:14 PM, ghoulina said:

Knowing that their friendship pre-dates the show, I have to wonder if D'andra that LeeAnn was on a reality show and she wasn't. Maybe she was secretly seething over it all that time. 

I know I'm a huge cynic, but the story seems off to me too. I just find it odd that a social worker would call friends, asking - "Do you know anyone who could take this baby?" I'd figure there'd be a line around the block for a newborn. 

Same here.  A newborn baby?  I'm surprised the baby had to even go into the system with so many infertile couples willing to pay expenses to birthmom for a newborn.  There's more to this story or this is an example of how the wealthy can manipulate the system.

• Love 8
On 12/7/2018 at 9:48 AM, psychoticstate said:

LeeAnne may be crazy and I may be in the minority but I find her insanely entertaining.  And unless the editing monkeys were crazy hard at work, both D'Andra and Brandi are green with jealousy over LeeAnne's 500 different styles dress.   Has Andy ever thrown such a compliment at a RH product?  

I think D'Andra came off the worst in this reunion.  She interrupted constantly (something I wish Andy would crack down on with ALL the reunions) and seemed extremely petty.  I know she and LeeAnne aren't getting along but what is her beef with Cary exactly?  And I think that text that Kam produced was genuine because D'Andra's reaction to it said it all.  She looked concerned when Kam produced it.  If you believe D'Andra, Kam somehow managed to fabricate a text on her phone that came from D'Andra's phone.  Wow.  Between that and LeeAnne allegedly cloning Brandi's phone, or Brandi making it look like LeeAnne cloned her phone, these ladies are geniuses! 

How many of them were sitting on their hands not to indicate they believe Brandi is a drunk?  I'm raising my hand from here.  Brandi may say she's not a drunk but she appeared to be drunk at a lot of the events -- a sloppy drunk.  And mean.  If I didn't know better, I'd think she's drinking to drown out an unhappy marriage.  We all saw what happened a season or two ago.  Her husband never seems to be home and when he is, he doesn't seem comfortable.  Maybe it's the cameras.  Or maybe not.  

I don't understand why Kam thought Brandi's adoption was her business, or anyone else's.  And Stephanie saying she was using  a surrogate in order to keep Brandi's secret for an hour is not poking fun at surrogates, nor should it bring up stressful feelings of how anyone had a hard time conceiving.  It was a fib employed briefly so that Brandi might tell everyone at the time she chose about the baby.  It wasn't a joke, it wasn't a lie.  And it's been blow way out of proportion. 

Poor Stephanie appeared horrified during a lot of the screeching.  I do think she's a fairly honest person though.

By the end, when the cameras showed D'Andra in profile, she looked as though she was melting.  

All in all, the Dallas ladies were far more interesting this season than the Orange County ones.

I loved LeeAnne's 500 different style dresses.  I don't think I would buy that particular version, but I do love the idea of being able to wear a dress and have some add ons to easily change the look.  Out of all the ridiculous companies these women have started, this seemed to be the smartest one.

I think LeeAnne is just an actress.  She's playing the reality TV villain role.    I personally don't find her very convincing at it because it comes off to me like she's playing a role.  

D'Andra:  a beautiful woman who needs a make-under sooooooo bad.  Tacky AF in her dress and her false eyelashes and makeup ages her.  Looked like a candle ready to melt.

Kam I think actually has the most beautiful skin and looked rather pretty.  Legs for days.  I also think she's playing a role, and not one that is that convincing.

Stephanie seems like a genuine, sweet lady with a good sense of humor although I side-eye that adoption story.  Just so hard to believe a white newborn baby wouldn't have a waiting list.  What I don't understand if it was a private adoption why this would be so secretive unless her marriage is essentially dead but they don't want to split and her husband knocked up a woman and they decided to adopt the baby.  Something seems very off about that.

• Love 12

Here's @bagger's post that was mistakenly put in the wrong season:

D’Andra was on heather mcdonald’s show and she’s backtracking and rationalizing her side of how everything went down this season. If you haven’t heard it give it a shot, it made me dislike her more.

1. She claims whether it’s a little white lie or a joke it’s a lie but she never calls Stephanie a liar for deceiving Kam at the baby reveal. 

2. The $200 in the bank account was true but it’s because she doesn’t trust herself shipping so she emptied out her bank account.

3. She and Leeanne were never as good a friends as people made them out to be. Wtf? Why was she part of her wedding party? Did you have to scrimp around for brides maids for your second wedding at almost 50?

I’m not even done with the podcast yet and I already dislike her more.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Here's @bagger's post that was mistakenly put in the wrong season:

D’Andra was on heather mcdonald’s show and she’s backtracking and rationalizing her side of how everything went down this season. If you haven’t heard it give it a shot, it made me dislike her more.

1. She claims whether it’s a little white lie or a joke it’s a lie but she never calls Stephanie a liar for deceiving Kam at the baby reveal. 

2. The $200 in the bank account was true but it’s because she doesn’t trust herself shipping so she emptied out her bank account.

3. She and Leeanne were never as good a friends as people made them out to be. Wtf? Why was she part of her wedding party? Did you have to scrimp around for brides maids for your second wedding at almost 50?

I’m not even done with the podcast yet and I already dislike her more.

So she emptied her bank account and did what with the money?  Did she give her money to someone else to do something with?  Or is she saying she emptied out her money and put it in a CD that she couldn't touch?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

So she emptied her bank account and did what with the money?  Did she give her money to someone else to do something with?  Or is she saying she emptied out her money and put it in a CD that she couldn't touch?

Thank you @Mondrianyone for moving my post. She claims she didn’t bring her credit cards and moved money out of her checking account so she wouldn’t spend it. I notice she still had her corporate card oh and that she and Brandi thought they were being gifted those items and only found out they were getting a bill after the items were branded/personalized.

adding to my original post: she said she was approached by bravo first and she turned it down because she was chairing some charity thing and didn’t have time so technically she was to be the first Ho.

I will recall other things but Heather did try to call her on a few things but she’s had months to perfect her answers.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, bagger said:

Thank you @Mondrianyone for moving my post. She claims she didn’t bring her credit cards and moved money out of her checking account so she wouldn’t spend it.

This really sounds like BS or she is really an uncontrollable spender if she needs to go through that extreme in order to prevent herself from spending money!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

D'Andra:  a beautiful woman who needs a make-under sooooooo bad.  Tacky AF in her dress and her false eyelashes and makeup ages her.  Looked like a candle ready to melt.

Agreed.  And color me shallow, but if she's going to be the face of a cosmetics empire, D'Andra needs to do something about the skin folds on her neck, under her chin.  When she holds her head a certain way, she looks like a Sharpei,  

I haven't liked her since she had that run-in with one of her stepsons in season two.  Step-parents -- especially step-parents of adult children -- shouldn't try "tough love", especially when there's obviously been no love.   

• Love 11
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

Agreed.  And color me shallow, but if she's going to be the face of a cosmetics empire, D'Andra needs to do something about the skin folds on her neck, under her chin.  When she holds her head a certain way, she looks like a Sharpei,  

I haven't liked her since she had that run-in with one of her stepsons in season two.  Step-parents -- especially step-parents of adult children -- shouldn't try "tough love", especially when there's obviously been no love.   

I agree with that.  She way overstepped her bounds.  

• Love 7
On 12/6/2018 at 11:08 PM, RHJunkie said:

Stephanie looked great...best look of the night. I thought Cary looked nice as well.

D'Andra is so petty, claiming that the show wouldn't exist without her status despite the fact that the show existed and earned a second season without any association to her. Every franchise has THE person that the show and its players tend to revolve around and it's often the most polarizing personality who is often  aggressive, not afraid of confrontation, has solid one-liners and someone who can be self-aware but also can't help being a fuck up with a varying range of crazy thrown in there. LeeAnne isn't wrong in saying all roads lead back to her. They're 3 seasons strong and LeeAnne has been the central figure every year. That's just the truth.

D'Andra's secret was underwhelming and she looked utterly foolish by the time Cary was done with her. D'Andra was a complete try hard and I thought she came off utterly foolish.

I wasn't entirely listening - but was Kameron's argument about feeling personally slighted about the whole adoption thing have to do with her own fertility struggles? At one point she agreed it was intended to be harmless and she agreed that it's not owed to her to know Brandi's business but it's her own personal experience that made her feel personally connected and hurt by being left out of knowing?

Brandi quickly forgave D'Andra for insinuating that she was addicted to Adderall. Brandi got so mad about LeeAnne telling D'Andra to be careful with her but she quickly turned around and told Stephanie repeatedly that LeeAnne was only friend with her to piss Brandi off. Whether genuine or not, LeeAnne can cop to many of her fuckery and yet Brandi hasn't yet taken accountability for her role in anything. She's either the victim or she stands by her aggressive behaviour.

LeeAnne, again, her own worst enemy...lying about recording the conversation, good Lord, lol. I guess she could have continued lying and while disingenuous to blame it on the other women as the reason for her lying, I have to say, almost all of these franchise women lie but I can't recall any of them that openly admit to lying as much as LeeAnne does...sometimes without any need to reveal she lied. She could just continue to lie but it seems that LeeAnne can't fucking see or think straight when she's really riled up and then her calm self has to try and fix all of her mistakes. Very Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde of her.

I've tried to think of anyone I've ever observed who's as blatantly anti-social as LeeAnn.  Anti-social people are usually well aware that the way they are isn't acceptable to normal people, so they try to hide it.  I find it a bit twisted that she's so invested in the social scene of the charity world.  Is that her way of trying to hide her antipathy toward other humans?  She can bang her bowl and try to rein herself in, but it's just not strong enough medicine for what ails LeeAnn. 

It's hard to believe that Rich has been romantically involved with her for 9 years and he's still willing to marry her?  I mean, in that length of time he's certainly seen her warts and all.  But with Rich's history of multiple marriages, it's obvious to begin with that he has a sort of temporary attitude toward marriage.  It really bodes ill for the marriage before it even starts.  Because LeeAnn has made it clear that she's only marrying once.  This is her fairy tale wedding/marriage that has to last forever or ... what?  She'll go off the deep end, of course.

So once they're back from the fabulous honeymoon, and Rich starts slacking and not living the fairy tale prince charming role, it wouldn't be surprising that it might not go well.  LeeAnn's behavior suggests a bi-polar element, and the giant high of the wedding and honeymoon is bound to result in a hard crash.  If Rich isn't already prepared for this, he either hasn't been paying attention, or he has an escape hatch and doesn't care.

• Love 8
On 12/7/2018 at 6:14 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Brandi goes to church?

Her church must use real wine for communion.

Bet if you looked inside her water glass and coffee cup she can also turn water into "Jesus juice."

• Love 9
On 12/6/2018 at 3:33 PM, Giselle said:

Deandra looks like shit. You don't notice her "good skin" because you can't get past that God awful magic marker application of make up.

She looks hideous.

I couldn't agree more about the magic marker makeup, she does look awful when she's been worked on.  But did you catch that photo of her during her college years?  She was adorable!  Lovely skin and (natural color) hair, beautiful hazel eyes.  We saw her sans-makeup in a flashback scene this episode, and I also noticed how naturally pretty she is without any make-up on.  I'm thinking she copies her mother and spackles it on even though 77 is a long way off for D'Andra.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5
On 12/7/2018 at 1:08 AM, RHJunkie said:

D'Andra is so petty, claiming that the show wouldn't exist without her status despite the fact that the show existed and earned a second season without any association to her. Every franchise has THE person that the show and its players tend to revolve around and it's often the most polarizing personality who is often  aggressive, not afraid of confrontation, has solid one-liners and someone who can be self-aware but also can't help being a fuck up with a varying range of crazy thrown in there. LeeAnne isn't wrong in saying all roads lead back to her. They're 3 seasons strong and LeeAnne has been the central figure every year. That's just the truth.

I hate LeeAnne, but you, and she, are absolutely right that she is the central figure on this show.  But don't D'Andra and LeeAnne realize that what that means is LeeAnne is the most insane, maladapted fuck up on the show?  Bethenny, Nene, Vickie, Teresa.  Congrats, LeeAnne, you're keeping great company.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I've tried to think of anyone I've ever observed who's as blatantly anti-social as LeeAnn.  Anti-social people are usually well aware that the way they are isn't acceptable to normal people, so they try to hide it.  I find it a bit twisted that she's so invested in the social scene of the charity world.  Is that her way of trying to hide her antipathy toward other humans?  She can bang her bowl and try to rein herself in, but it's just not strong enough medicine for what ails LeeAnn. 

It's hard to believe that Rich has been romantically involved with her for 9 years and he's still willing to marry her?  I mean, in that length of time he's certainly seen her warts and all.  But with Rich's history of multiple marriages, it's obvious to begin with that he has a sort of temporary attitude toward marriage.  It really bodes ill for the marriage before it even starts.  Because LeeAnn has made it clear that she's only marrying once.  This is her fairy tale wedding/marriage that has to last forever or ... what?  She'll go off the deep end, of course.

So once they're back from the fabulous honeymoon, and Rich starts slacking and not living the fairy tale prince charming role, it wouldn't be surprising that it might not go well.  LeeAnn's behavior suggests a bi-polar element, and the giant high of the wedding and honeymoon is bound to result in a hard crash.  If Rich isn't already prepared for this, he either hasn't been paying attention, or he has an escape hatch and doesn't care.

I wouldn’t say she’s anti social at all she is much to much of a social person to be anti social. I know TONS of people that are introverts (closer to anti social) that don’t act like LeeAnne at all. LeeAnne is a sociopath and narcissistic if she is anything. Anti social people wouldn’t be in this show or wouldn’t be in the charity scene at all they don’t want to be around people not go to parties and throw events for 100s of people. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I wouldn’t say she’s anti social at all she is much to much of a social person to be anti social. I know TONS of people that are introverts (closer to anti social) that don’t act like LeeAnne at all. LeeAnne is a sociopath and narcissistic if she is anything. Anti social people wouldn’t be in this show or wouldn’t be in the charity scene at all they don’t want to be around people not go to parties and throw events for 100s of people. 

I’m assuming that @Anne Thrax was referring to antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy) rather than introversion (please correct me if I’m misunderstanding).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

• Love 6
20 hours ago, bagger said:

adding to my original post: she said she was approached by bravo first and she turned it down because she was chairing some charity thing and didn’t have time so technically she was to be the first Ho.

Ahhh, this adds to my theory that she may have been jealous of LeeAnn for being on the show. She finally got her turn, and now she's done with her formerly close friend? Hmmm.....

• Love 10
21 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I assume she transferred it into another liquid account that isn't as easy to access.  Then she'd have to pause and think about if she really wanted whatever she was buying while transferring the money to her shopping account to do so.  It doesn't have to be anything exotic, I've never opened a checking account without being offered a linked savings account.  I have a lot of accounts because I budget by segmenting my money.  It's kind of like the envelope method, but with different accounts instead of envelopes of cash.  I would imagine a RH trip has a lot of peer pressure around spending, with everyone trying to be flossy and the cameras documenting it all.  If she felt she needed to help herself not overspend, then I think it is refreshing for a RH to take the steps to prevent it instead of waving around wads of cash Guidice style.

• Love 6

I honestly think the baby is Brian's. I think the adoption story was concocted for Brandi's and her daughters' sake, and to save face, and to preserve her family's fake image.

I don't think Brandi would ever leave Brian. She's been with him since they were young, they have children together, and now he's got some coins. She'd have a choice to make.  I think she's accepted and loves that baby. Who wouldn't? 

Brandi just has so much anger, and such a need for the alcohol. Why the need to get drunk, which seems to be her intent when she's drinking. Like a teenager. Or to escape something. Brian has been shown to be cold to her. He's not into her. I think it's easier to be together for the kids'sake, and of course, $.  I think Brian will be more careful in the future. A vasectomy may be in order. 

• Love 10

I’m starting to wonder if baby Bruin was Brian’s affair kid too. The idea of adopting seemed like it was Brandi’s doing, but maybe Brian and the biological mother were considering abortion and Brandi objected and offered to take the child?! Brian does seem a bit detached from the situation. 

If there was some trickery going on with the Redmond adoption, then shame on them for involving Stephanie!! She is far too frail emotionally to be keeping a big secret like that. 

• Love 5

I do not think that Bruin is biologically Bryan's son.

Bruin was not a healthy infant - he was severely premature and hospitalized - though I'm glad that he seems to be doing well now. Given his early birth and immediate health challenges, it's possible that his birth parents did not yet have a plan in place, or that the plan changed because of those concerns. Yes, there is generally a wait for healthy, white, full-term babies, but that was not his situation. Brandi and Bryan were willing and able to step up and be his parents - partly because he is a redhead - which seems to be the best outcome for all of them. 

I also think there are a lot of better Br- names than Bruin.

• Love 7
On 12/9/2018 at 6:00 PM, sasha206 said:

This really sounds like BS or she is really an uncontrollable spender if she needs to go through that extreme in order to prevent herself from spending money!

How does she plan to run her own company when she can’t control her personal spending. I hope mamma Dee emptied out the coffers before she handed over the keys to the piggy bank. If how she controls her personal spending is how she conducts business that company will soon be gone.

• Love 6

Finally catching up on this shitshow after having been away on a trip (no packing cubes, unfortunately!) and all I have to say is that every single person on this show with the exception of Stephanie came off absolutely horribly on this reunion. 

• Love 5
On 12/10/2018 at 11:22 AM, MrsWitter said:

I’m assuming that @Anne Thrax was referring to antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy) rather than introversion (please correct me if I’m misunderstanding).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

Mrs. Witter, you are correct.  LeeAnn is textbook anti-social personality.  Sociopathy is an extreme manifestation of the anti-social personality.  Her charity events and parties serve as her mask.  I'm sure those activities fool everyone until they get to know her.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Mrs. Witter, you are correct.  LeeAnn is textbook anti-social personality.  Sociopathy is an extreme manifestation of the anti-social personality.  Her charity events and parties serve as her mask.  I'm sure those activities fool everyone until they get to know her.

Or, she's just a fucking asshole.  My armchair diagnosis.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

16 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Or, she's just a fucking asshole.  My armchair diagnosis.

I’m going with both.

• Love 6