Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Tatted Tales

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

It's too bad that Greg refused to take chemotherapy.  He will not have a good out come with trying to eat healthy only.  Hopefully he gets enough protein on his vegetarian diet.  They consulted MD Anderson and Greg still didn't pick treatment.  What was Nene saying about her having cancer cells too?  His tests came back positve, and he will only get worse if he doesn't try chemotherapy.  And, the longer he waits to start, the less likely chemotherapy will help.

Nene seemed to be of the belief that everyone would test positive for that test even if they never had cancer before. The doctor refuted her claims. 

In a previous episode, Greg claimed that because of the negative results he felt empowered to fight his cancer without chemo. Now that he has received the results that there are still cancer cells, he's just doubling down and still refusing chemo. Obviously the fear of chemo was the only thing behind his decision. I hope he reconsiders.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Well shit.  I guess the answer to my question is yes.  Lemme stop turning down all this free cake.   Thing is, it gets outta hand.  I was looking to see your whole sentence Boofish lol.  Because the last one I was invited to, was the last one.  There was a male stripper.   At a baby shower.  With babies.   I officially felt like the old lady in the club.   My hostess was like you leaving?  I was thinking the same thing I did during this last election - yeaaaaah girl, if you don't understand why this is inappropriate, we prolly shouldn't be friends. 

giphy.gif

Attend kid parties with caution if you aren't usually around kids.  I always end up sick as fuck after my nephew's birthday due to all the kid germs.  My immune system isn't used to it because I normally only interact with adults.  I even started carrying hand sanitizer with me to his parties and it doesn't help.  I think this year I was on the bathroom floor for a week. 

14 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

tenor.gif

you the old lady in the club in the seat right next to me.   Gurl in 2018, The Year of Our Lort, mothers are 15 and mawmaws are 36.   They be right up front, coach bag fulla singles.

Oh.  d'oh!  hold up, I thought Apprentice was talking about Nene.  Lemme go head and re-pay attention lol.

BWAHAHAAAA!!!!!  they be like hey boo.  I be like bye ashy.  

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure one of my cousins was still in her 20s when she was a mawmaw :(

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Nene seemed to be of the belief that everyone would test positive for that test even if they never had cancer before. The doctor refuted her claims. 

I thought Nene was kidding when she asked if there would be cancer cells in her blood stream as well.  That PA earned her money by not laughing hysterically at Nene over that...what a strange question.

Greg not opting for Chemo is a slow death sentence, there are no promises that it will work but I'd rather exhaust all avenues of treatment before opting out or stopping treatments.  Eating right is always a good thing so Dr. Blenderdrink probably had some good smoothie recipes that could help Greg keep weight on and avoid bad food choices.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

In a previous episode, Greg claimed that because of the negative results he felt empowered to fight his cancer without chemo. Now that he has received the results that there are still cancer cells, he's just doubling down and still refusing chemo. Obviously the fear of chemo was the only thing behind his decision. I hope he reconsiders.

Sad because not all chemo is terrible.  Especially considering the alternative.   

• Love 10
On 12/3/2018 at 12:21 AM, RHJunkie said:

How does a baby deserve a super expensive birthday party that they won't remember and have no real clue what's going on? Stop it Shamari, you want the party for yourself. You want people to fawn over your children, bring them birthday gifts and trying to make others low key jealous of this over the top, super expensive party you threw for your children.

That was a weird party. It looked like everybody was stuffed into one room and sweating. $10,000 for that? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

That was a weird party. It looked like everybody was stuffed into one room and sweating. $10,000 for that? 

I don't even remember the backdrop of the party so I can't remember if there was a lot of decor, if there was, there might party planner and vendor fees but if there was little decor, outside of the $1K in cake, the rest may have been spent on catering. If they had a 150 people at the party and catering was about $60 per person, that's $9k right there. But again, I didn't pay enough attention or remember enough to recall where that money may have been spent.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't even remember the backdrop of the party so I can't remember if there was a lot of decor, if there was, there might party planner and vendor fees but if there was little decor, outside of the $1K in cake, the rest may have been spent on catering. If they had a 150 people at the party and catering was about $60 per person, that's $9k right there. But again, I didn't pay enough attention or remember enough to recall where that money may have been spent.

see what you did?  you brought out my inner math geek. 

If each of you and your husband invite twenty five 3-person families (2 parents and a baby), mawmaws and aunties too, that's at least 150 people.    The chef they hired was on camera pulling pigs in a blanket or something out the oven.   I bought a cake for my girlfriend's birthday this past weekend.   A regular ass 2 layer fresh fruit sheet cake to feed 20.  That jawn was $78.   Didn't Shamari have a multi tiered cake for each baby?  I don't know if I wanna go through their pockets either, I just came to say as crazy as it sounds, $10K was really more just the price of what everything was, than her lavish spendyness.   {{McConnaghey voice}}  Close your eyes.  Think of the basics of your last party.  Now add 125 people, a caterer and a bouncy castle.    I doubt there was booze. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

see what you did?  you brought out my inner math geek. 

If each of you and your husband invite twenty five 3-person families (2 parents and a baby), mawmaws and aunties too, that's at least 150 people.    The chef they hired was on camera pulling pigs in a blanket or something out the oven.   I bought a cake for my girlfriend's birthday this past weekend.   A regular ass 2 layer fresh fruit sheet cake to feed 20.  That jawn was $78.   Didn't Shamari have a multi tiered cake for each baby?  I don't know if I wanna go through their pockets either, I just came to say as crazy as it sounds, $10K was really more just the price of what everything was, than her lavish spendyness.   {{McConnaghey voice}}  Close your eyes.  Think of the basics of your last party.  Now add 125 people, a caterer and a bouncy castle.    I doubt there was booze. 

When you have an event catered, regardless of where the event is being held or how many people, the price goes up exponentially so I can totally believe that the cost would add up to 10K even without an event that on its surface doesn't seem that elaborate or fancy. A bouncy castle is relatively inexpensive to rest for an afternoon (maybe $200-$300 and I think that would be a very generous estimate). The cake cost $900 (before whatever Atlanta taxes are) if my memory of the cake scene serves me correctly. So that leaves about or a little under 9K in other expenses which is why I used that number to generate an average of of $60 per person for catering which I think is totally believable based on the fact that catering was on-site, probably was a full package (which includes dishware, glasses and cutlery) and the more food options you add to the menu (and depending on the type of ingredients you want on your list), the cost can easily balloon.

• Love 1

There was a full service brunch and alcohol. I'm sure there was plenty that didn't make it on camera because the DeVoe's are just not interesting or entertaining. Shamari one of those women who peeked at a certain year and refuses to move on in fashion, hair, makeup and accomplishments. By the looks of it all she is still waiting on the train back in year 2000. I have a cousin stuck in 1992 when she won the esteem title of Miss Dillard (University) and was featured on page 206 of Ebony Magazine. She even got married in the dress and still goes to the ceremony every year. 

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, Boofish said:

There was a full service brunch and alcohol. I'm sure there was plenty that didn't make it on camera because the DeVoe's are just not interesting or entertaining. Shamari one of those women who peeked at a certain year and refuses to move on in fashion, hair, makeup and accomplishments. By the looks of it all she is still waiting on the train back in year 2000. I have a cousin stuck in 1992 when she won the esteem title of Miss Dillard (University) and was featured on page 206 of Ebony Magazine. 

Omg I hate you!!!   Go to bed!!!   Why do you know the page number??

giphy.gif

wayment.    wayment, but this part: 

10 minutes ago, Boofish said:

There was a full service brunch and alcohol. I'm sure there was plenty that didn't make it on camera because the DeVoe's are just not interesting or entertaining. Shamari one of those women who peeked at a certain year and refuses to move on in fashion, hair, makeup and accomplishments. By the looks of it all she is still waiting on the train back in year 2000. I have a cousin stuck in 1992 when she won the esteem title of Miss Dillard (University) and was featured on page 206 of Ebony Magazine. She even got married in the dress and still goes to the ceremony every year

source.gif

You're just jealous.  Heffa!!! 

image.png

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:
12 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I thought Nene was kidding when she asked if there would be cancer cells in her blood stream as well.  That PA earned her money by not laughing hysterically at Nene over that...what a strange question.

I thought it was either poorly worded or edited when she brought that up. Or, she was asking about gene mutations like the Brca1 gene that's linked to breast cancer. 

21 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Shamari one of those women who peeked at a certain year and refuses to move on in fashion, hair, makeup and accomplishments. By the looks of it all she is still waiting on the train back in year 2000.

You nailed it, @Boofish! I was wondering what the deal was with Shamari's look and that's it. Everything is dated. 

• Love 8
Just now, ZaldamoWilder said:

Omg I hate you!!!   Go to bed!!!   Why do you know the page number??

giphy.gif

wayment.    wayment, but this part: 

You're just jealous.  Heffa!!! 

image.png

HAHAHA Girrrrlllll looky here - everyday is TBT for her. She had cancer and thank God her and her boobs are all good now but I thought (and this is the part that secured my place in hell) FINALLY she has another conversation starter. Surely surviving cancer is the defining moment in her life. But alas, I was wrong. As soon as she healed she went right back to 1992 with a quickness.  And right hand to the man - she still has the same haircut.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Boofish said:

There was a full service brunch and alcohol. I'm sure there was plenty that didn't make it on camera because the DeVoe's are just not interesting or entertaining. Shamari one of those women who peeked at a certain year and refuses to move on in fashion, hair, makeup and accomplishments. By the looks of it all she is still waiting on the train back in year 2000. I have a cousin stuck in 1992 when she won the esteem title of Miss Dillard (University) and was featured on page 206 of Ebony Magazine. She even got married in the dress and still goes to the ceremony every year. 

This seems to be an issue with many women "getting stuck in their prime". Back in the day, you had an old auntie or grandma that was still rocking an old beehive like she was part of the Supremes or something. I remember when Orange County first started I thought a lot of the ladies were stuck in the nineties trying to be a poor man's Pamela Anderson. If Shamari makes it to a second season her look will probably get an upgrade.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, RHJunkie said:
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I live in Metro Atlanta and this summer was unbelievably hot (don’t know when the show was recorded), so I understand why people were fanning themselves, especially if you had everyone crowd into a room for that particular scene. That being said, still not sure what the $9K went too for the party (I’m subtracting the cost of the cake).  However, if I have an extra $10K to spend, I would be going on a long vacation somewhere. But that’s just me...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I live in Metro Atlanta and this summer was unbelievably hot (don’t know when the show was recorded), so I understand why people were fanning themselves, especially if you had everyone crowd into a room for that particular scene. That being said, still not sure what the $9K went too for the party (I’m subtracting the cost of the cake).  However, if I have an extra $10K to spend, I would be going on a long vacation somewhere. But that’s just me...

Yeah but they probably have more than an extra 10K lying around so they can do both...oh to be rich, lol. But I agree with you, as someone with modest means, I would certainly prioritize using that money on travel rather than parties...after all, I think the average person knows how to host a great party without spending 10K on it.

• Love 6

My parents had me when they were really young and the only married people in their circle, so my early birthday parties were the stuff of legends.  All night keg parties for my second birthday, etc.  How they managed to keep me alive and safe during them, I'll never know, but, I made it.  LOL!  

That cake woman was super slick with Shemari, they picked out the design for the cake and then she paused . . . You have twins?  Yes.  Oh, you need 2 cakes then.  Pause.  Shemari totally bites and says Yep, perfect.  THEN she says, ok, that's $900.  Totally doubled her sales without even trying.

Nene really did seem to believe that everyone is walking around with some level of cancer cells in their blood.  I'm not sure how she arrived at that, but, I guess she's trying to make Greg's decision not to do the chemo ok for herself?  Though she did say she probably wouldn't have chemo if it were her.  There are a lot of people who have some strange . . . not quite sure what the right word is, superstitions? maybe? about cancer and chemo.  They'll know someone who was totally fine, then cancer was diagnosed and they started treatment and they got sick, so they blame the chemo.  Not that chemo is a walk in the park or doesn't have side effects, but, it's kind of a misdirected belief.  For example, my grandfather died of stage 4 liver cancer.  It was found and he was given 4-6 months and they said they COULD do chemo and radiation if he wanted, but, he would still have 4-6 months, maybe a bit more.  He did do the chemo and radiation, but prior to those treatments, he'd just had some random stomachaches, so it sort of appeared that the chemo and radiation are what "actually" made him sick and that he was fine until he started them.  That's totally not the case, he would gone downhill and had a whole barrage of symptoms and died regardless, but, it just looks on the surface like he was fine until he had the chemo and radiation and they made him sick and killed him.  But, there are people who have witnessed this with their family and that's the impression that sticks with them and I'm afraid that Greg may be one of those people and that's why he's avoiding chemo.

• Love 10
On 12/4/2018 at 12:58 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Well shit.  I guess the answer to my question is yes.  Lemme stop turning down all this free cake.   Thing is, it gets outta hand.  I was looking to see your whole sentence Boofish lol.  Because the last one I was invited to, was the last one.  There was a male stripper.   At a baby shower.  With babies.   I officially felt like the old lady in the club.   My hostess was like you leaving?  I was thinking the same thing I did during this last election - yeaaaaah girl, if you don't understand why this is inappropriate, we prolly shouldn't be friends. 

giphy.gif

Wait...did Phaedra get a 137th job as a party planner?  Definitely sounds like the type of soiree she would plan.  We're there also little people?

On 12/4/2018 at 8:29 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh she definitely said it like it was an undeniable truth.  Sounds like something she must of picked up on one of those websites that questions diagnoses and "unnecessary" treatments.  Because if we all have cancer cells always roaming in our blood streams, then it's not a big deal to test positive for it and you dont need to do harsh treatments like chemo to fix it.

I don't know what Kandi is doing, but when both Todd and Don Juan make a face at you when you bring up Portia's hotdog king during a business discussion, you need to stop.  

And Nene's so full of shit proclaiming that it's no one's business, yet she was the first one to run and say something to Portia.  Especially when she knows Portia can't keep a damn secret.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, smores said:

My parents had me when they were really young and the only married people in their circle, so my early birthday parties were the stuff of legends.  All night keg parties for my second birthday, etc.  How they managed to keep me alive and safe during them, I'll never know, but, I made it.  LOL!  

That cake woman was super slick with Shemari, they picked out the design for the cake and then she paused . . . You have twins?  Yes.  Oh, you need 2 cakes then.  Pause.  Shemari totally bites and says Yep, perfect.  THEN she says, ok, that's $900.  Totally doubled her sales without even trying.

Nene really did seem to believe that everyone is walking around with some level of cancer cells in their blood.  I'm not sure how she arrived at that, but, I guess she's trying to make Greg's decision not to do the chemo ok for herself?  Though she did say she probably wouldn't have chemo if it were her.  There are a lot of people who have some strange . . . not quite sure what the right word is, superstitions? maybe? about cancer and chemo.  They'll know someone who was totally fine, then cancer was diagnosed and they started treatment and they got sick, so they blame the chemo.  Not that chemo is a walk in the park or doesn't have side effects, but, it's kind of a misdirected belief.  For example, my grandfather died of stage 4 liver cancer.  It was found and he was given 4-6 months and they said they COULD do chemo and radiation if he wanted, but, he would still have 4-6 months, maybe a bit more.  He did do the chemo and radiation, but prior to those treatments, he'd just had some random stomachaches, so it sort of appeared that the chemo and radiation are what "actually" made him sick and that he was fine until he started them.  That's totally not the case, he would gone downhill and had a whole barrage of symptoms and died regardless, but, it just looks on the surface like he was fine until he had the chemo and radiation and they made him sick and killed him.  But, there are people who have witnessed this with their family and that's the impression that sticks with them and I'm afraid that Greg may be one of those people and that's why he's avoiding chemo.

Regarding the cake woman, for some reason I thought the ONE cake was $900 & then she smoothly said you need TWO cakes (for $1800 total)? But I was also playing spider solitaire...

Re: your 3rd para on cancer... Yep. Cancer & its treatments (& here I mean just dealing with the decisions) fuck up everybody's brain.  :(

• Love 3
On 12/4/2018 at 2:51 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Attend kid parties with caution if you aren't usually around kids.  I always end up sick as fuck after my nephew's birthday due to all the kid germs.  My immune system isn't used to it because I normally only interact with adults.  I even started carrying hand sanitizer with me to his parties and it doesn't help.  I think this year I was on the bathroom floor for a week. 

I totally agree with YourMomisEasy...Kid germs are like that mythical WMD that we were running around looking for - I’ve always thought that the best way to knock out ISIS or any other baddies is to open up a few canisters of kid germs and wave buh bye...

Edited by RHOSingapore
  • Love 5

I'm sorry but every time I see Ronnie I think of that Fresh Prince episode where they were shooting the music video and Will and Jazzy Jeff kept messing it up by dancing in the shot.  It is my all time favorite episode.

• Love 2