Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Tatted Tales

• Start Topic

Why do people have huge parties for babies and pretend the party is for the babies?  The kids are not going to remember the party, it's all for the parents.  And, Sharmari?  You're head is shaped like a triangle.  You could be a visual aid in a geometry class.  A makeover can't fix that.

• Love 23

Dear Shamari,  you do need a makeover.  Have you seen your eyebrows?

Kandi STFU for a change.  Just because you’re making money doesn’t mean you’re a good person.  And I still haven’t forgotten that loser Kandi almost married, the one with all the baby mamas.  So STFU woman, at least HE doesn’t have a whole mess of kids.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 21

There are several stories that have been re-cycled for this episode: 1) Eva’s worry about her Mom - same as Candiance and her Mom on RH Potomac (as Bronzedog states). 2) Useless, expensive party for toddler who can’t even talk - Phaedra before her husband’s incarceration.

Shemari is telling too much too soon about her marriage. This isn’t good.

I hope Porsha has found the right man for her, but I think this might be short-lived, even with a baby.

• Love 10

Shamari is the straight definition of “new money.” She’s so extra. See me, see me! Girl, we see you and your pitiful attempts to leave your meager upbringing behind to play high post because you still feel inadequate. 

I cant get a read on Ronnie. Sounds like the cheating/open relationship was her desire and he went with it. But he doesn’t seem happy about it. I want to think maybe he’s a decent guy, but look who he picked as a life partner. Hmmm...I’m open to having more insight from others.

• Love 12

I don't understand Kandi, why is she involving herself in Porsha's relationship.  Mind your business, Kandi!  I don't understand the reason that grown women will insert themselves in people's private lives. It never works out well and the person will only dig in their heels and stay in the relationship even if it is bad. I can't stand Don Juan. 

Shamari does need a makeover, she is overdone and she looks like a drag queen.  Eva was correct when she said that she needed a makeover.  Shamari's kids are beautiful. I have never understood the need to have elaborate birthday parties for kids who will not remember.  Ronnie still looks the same, how is that even possible?  

The show is boring. 

• Love 8

Lots of people with good judgement move fast in relationships but Porsha gives me a lot of reasons to believe that she isn't someone of sound judgement. In many ways, I can see this relationship running on the fuel of Porsha's desire to simply not be single and to have a baby. She may love that he accepts her exactly as she is, but outside of how he spends his money on her as proof of him his thoughtfulness, Porsha hasn't described anything about him as a human being that she seems to value. And maybe there are things but when his money and gifts are worth more mention than who he is as a person, I'm inclined to believe that think it highly possible that you're in love with the idea and the circumstances than you are the person.

Kandi is trying hard with this Porsha business. She says she doesn't want to get involved and be messy but she's bringing it with everyone on screen. Come on Kandi, this isn't damaging messy like what Porsha did to you, but own your messiness girl because almost every scene you have Porsha's name coming out of your mouth.

Eva, you're gorgeous as are your children but I'm gonna have to pass on yet another 'my mom is trying to control my wedding planning' storyline.

How does a baby deserve a super expensive birthday party that they won't remember and have no real clue what's going on? Stop it Shamari, you want the party for yourself. You want people to fawn over your children, bring them birthday gifts and trying to make others low key jealous of this over the top, super expensive party you threw for your children.

Cynthia, when you hire staff for your new wine bar, make sure they know the appropriate order to recommend and serve wine. It looked like they drank the sweet wine before the dry wine which is odd. Not that I particularly care but if you're going for an upscale joint that will attract experienced wine drinkers, she's going to need staff with knowledge on wine that can compensate for her lack of knowledge on wine.

• Love 9

That baby b-day party didn't look like it should have costed $10K.  Shamari could have kept that info out but was trying to brag.  Looks like the money would have been better spent on mortgage payments for the house.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

That baby b-day party didn't look like it should have costed $10K.  Shamari could have kept that info out but was trying to brag.  Looks like the money would have been better spent on mortgage payments for the house.

When the cake alone is $900, I guess it quickly adds up.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't understand Kandi, why is she involving herself in Porsha's relationship.  Mind your business, Kandi!  I don't understand the reason that grown women will insert themselves in people's private lives. It never works out well and the person will only dig in their heels and stay in the relationship even if it is bad. I can't stand Don Juan. 

Kandi needs to have an antagonist to stay relevant on the show.  Old Lady Gang is old news, Xscape is moving on without her, Kandi Koated Nights is old news...what storyline does she have left besides her and Porsha's feud?  

4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

How does a baby deserve a super expensive birthday party that they won't remember and have no real clue what's going on? Stop it Shamari, you want the party for yourself. You want people to fawn over your children, bring them birthday gifts and trying to make others low key jealous of this over the top, super expensive party you threw for your children.

Shamari is trying to be Phaedra.  But no matter how she tries, her party will never measure up to Phaedra's over-the-top soirees for Ayden and Dylan.  She doesn't even come close.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

When the cake alone is $900, I guess it quickly adds up.

Yeah, but what else was there? They had it at home, the food looked pretty simple. I didn't see where the 10 Gs went either. Maybe there was a bounce house or something (the ones with young kids mentioned taking the kids out to play), but I don't think those cost 10 Gs.

It bugs me when people talk about their wedding budget, especially if it's a high budget, going up as though they have no control over it. You can have an opulent wedding in Atlanta for $80K, and opulent weddings are optional anyway.

Poor Greg. Fuck cancer.

• Love 6

I hold the unpopular opinion that I am fine with whatever Kandi throws at Porsha. I still feel like Porsha got off way too easy last season, but I am biased because I am not a Porsha fan. That is one of the reasons why I miss Kenya, because she would always go up against Porsha. These past few seasons it seemed like Porsha would do anything for a husband and kids. 

So Nene is the one who did some off camera shit stirring by telling Porsha Kandi's gossip about Dennis. Of course Nene denied it. Too bad Porsha outed Nene during her talking head segment.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I hold the unpopular opinion that I am fine with whatever Kandi throws at Porsha. I still feel like Porsha got off way too easy last season, but I am biased because I am not a Porsha fan. That is one of the reasons why I miss Kenya, because she would always go up against Porsha. These past few seasons it seemed like Porsha would do anything for a husband and kids. 

So Nene is the one who did some off camera shit stirring by telling Porsha Kandi's gossip about Dennis. Of course Nene denied it. Too bad Porsha outed Nene during her talking head segment.

I think that Porsha should have gotten fired for her antics with Phaedra. Nene is losing her mind over Porsha outing her.  Nene is a terrible person. She was so damn cool in her first season. What the hell happen to her? She has so much anger and rage in her, any perceived slight sets her off. Plus, she is violent. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

^ me, as hell.   But as swankie said, maybe with her stuff either waning or being boring, the producers were like ok Kandi this is finna be your story line this season and she was like {shrug} sure.  Sheree's gone so they do need a substitute bone carrier.   

Gul?  LOL!!!  did you giggle too?  I was like c'mon ya'll, this isn't an Agatha Christie novel, there were only 3 other people at that table. 

Meh, you know typically I'm not a fan of chicks getting in your business about your relationship but the other reason I might be okay with Kandi digging at Dennis is:  

9 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Lots of people with good judgement move fast in relationships but Porsha gives me a lot of reasons to believe that she isn't someone of sound judgement. In many ways, I can see this relationship running on the fuel of Porsha's desire to simply not be single and to have a baby. She may love that he accepts her exactly as she is, but outside of how he spends his money on her as proof of him his thoughtfulness, Porsha hasn't described anything about him as a human being that she seems to value. And maybe there are things but when his money and gifts are worth more mention than who he is as a person, I'm inclined to believe that think it highly possible that you're in love with the idea and the circumstances than you are the person.

Kandi is trying hard with this Porsha business. She says she doesn't want to get involved and be messy but she's bringing it with everyone on screen. Come on Kandi, this isn't damaging messy like what Porsha did to you, but own your messiness girl because almost every scene you have Porsha's name coming out of your mouth.

Eva, you're gorgeous as are your children but I'm gonna have to pass on yet another 'my mom is trying to control my wedding planning' storyline.

Cynthia, when you hire staff for your new wine bar, make sure they know the appropriate order to recommend and serve wine. It looked like they drank the sweet wine before the dry wine which is odd. Not that I particularly care but if you're going for an upscale joint that will attract experienced wine drinkers, she's going to need staff with knowledge on wine that can compensate for her lack of knowledge on wine.

She don't know this dude.  Like, at all.  On her birthday weekend trip in the hotel room, she was talking about how he came upstairs late after hanging out at the lobby bar for most of the evening.  In her TH she said he's only ever seen nice Porsha but now we finna have our first fight.  Um, you've been looking for the hiding place for the engagement ring you're sure he brought with him and you don't know how this man resolves or responds to conflict?  Say what now?  Thing is, I'm not even opposed to quick fast and in a hurry, hell sometimes when you know you know.   Except when you don't know.   5 months miiiiight not be enough time (for these 2 people) to be making the decisions they're making.    You can't tell who a dude is until, at a minimum, you've seen him react to you with the flu, small children and lost luggage.

I think the whole thing with how Ron reacts to their marriage discussion is twofold.  Shamari doesn't seem to have any natural boundaries.  Secondly, he may have gone along with it thinking it was a free way to get his cheat on, but it backfired when she got caught up with whomever she was involved with.   So a) it's not that I think it's off limits to discuss but you're putting the super intimate details of our relationship on national television and b) it wasn't as fun as I thought it was gonna be, that shit got real and it's painful to relive. 

Somebody said she was a perfect example of new money.  That makes sense in support of why she doesn't think she needs a makeover.  I don't know quite how to say this without it sounding bougie and fucked up but she looks as though she still does her own make up.   There isn't anything wrong with doing your own make up, what I mean is that, that tends to be a very specific, exaggerated look depending on where you grew up.   The reddest/glossiest lip possible, the blackest eyeliner on your lower lid, the frostiest shade that ever was on your eyelids and a drawn on beauty mark.  It's very:  early Lil Kim (hell, present day Kim), early Mary J. so I get why she thinks it looks good.  All the other girls she knew since she started wearing make up, wear it like this.  The fact is, she's a pretty girl, she needs a makeunder.     I didn't understand why she seemed so beat that Porsha didn't come to the party.  Like literally 2 seconds after Shemari invited her she said her niece was going to be with her father that weekend.   Ya'll tell me if I'm missing cake opportunities, is it normal to go to a baby's birthday if you don't have a baby to bring? 

I know it may not be possible but I would kinda love it if Cynthia became the sommelier.  She sounded genuinely passionate about pairings and wine factoids.  I dug it.

Mamas and weddings.  How'd we get to be this grown and still go through it.  Bring your mother to the fitting, let her fangirl out over a dress, then come back on your own and get the one you like.  Shit. Eva's a national model, she know good and hell well what she looks in by now lol.   As far as that invitation list.  Ugh I can't.  It's math.  Ma, here go your 30 invitations, hand em out to whom you like.   Anybody not on the list is getting turned away.   Next topic.    I'm with her, if anybody's finna wind up in tears about this wedding it shouldn't be the bride.  

• Love 24
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why do people have huge parties for babies and pretend the party is for the babies?  The kids are not going to remember the party, it's all for the parents.  And, Sharmari?  You're head is shaped like a triangle.  You could be a visual aid in a geometry class.  A makeover can't fix that.

I commented on Twitter last night that she was funny looking, buuuuut, ROFL!!! Visual aid in geometry class?! DEAD. I agree w @ZaldamoWilder's most recent post re: a makeUNDER. yes. Fix it black jesus. I also do not find Ronnie attractive AT  ALL. Even a little. NONE.

Kandi is mean as hell. And yes, poor Gregg & FUCK  CANCER.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Porsha should have gotten fired for her antics with Phaedra. Nene is losing her mind over Porsha outing her.  Nene is a terrible person. She was so damn cool in her first season. What the hell happen to her? She has so much anger and rage in her, any perceived slight sets her off. Plus, she is violent. 

Because being a rich bitch has not done anything to make her happier. It’s like the people who become miserable after winning the lottery.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't know. I think that after the fear of losing one baby, 2 months on bedrest, and then babies in the NICU, Shamari and Ron are entitled to have a big party that is as much about celebrating the overcoming of obstacles as a family as it is about the twins' first birthday. It's probably the first time that they've been able to truly enjoy their babies rather than feeling terrified about whether or not they would survive. 

• Love 16

Kandi is coming off as a jilted lover. She looks good though. 

Something is off putting about the Devoe family. There's a gif with someone saying I just can't. That's the way I feel about them. 

I have always given Nene slack, but after her tweets about Greg... Nah sis. This man has cancer, if you are tired of taking care of him, you suck it up and keep on being there for your husband. 

I hope that they extended the part with Eva mother eating while she was distressed. That was cold hearted. 

Cynthia... Yawn 

Porsha, Porsha. No. Just freaking NO. 

• Love 5

As a minority I can attest to the over the top birthday parties for children complete with liquor and DJs. It's just how some of us roll. Normally when I'm invited to one it's always a good time. I don't get a bill or charged for anything there so I mind my own business and have some of the free food and drink. I don't have a fraction of the money as Trianglehead and my daughter's baby shower cake cost $650.00.

It's unfortunate that Kandi is morphing into her mother. All she need is one of those shiny civil war lacefronts and a coven of sisters

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Ya'll tell me if I'm missing cake opportunities, is it normal to go to a baby's birthday if you don't have a baby to bring? 

My best friend's first kid's first birthday involved very few kids - it was for friends and family and was a luncheon at a restaurant. (Her second kid's first birthday was smaller scale, mostly just family at home, and by then she'd moved halfway across the country and I'm not THAT good a play auntie.) The people who had kids brought them but that wasn't that many people and the ages of the kids were pretty varied. In my experience, the first birthday is more for the parents than it is the kids and then as the kids get older and are around more kids (day care, preschool, regular school), the parties become for the kids - more of a "you have to invite the whole class" type thing. (A friend of mine just had her kid's fourth birthday party with all the kids in the preschool class and the next day she was like "Look, fuck birthday parties.") 

34 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

I also do not find Ronnie attractive AT  ALL. Even a little. NONE.

I was neutral on him two episodes ago but then last night when he was wearing that hat as Shamari was telling him about the barbecue, I was thinking " ... Nah."

Cynthia looked gorgeous in that one-shoulder dress. Why is she opening a wine bar if she doesn't know about wine?

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

My best friend's first kid's first birthday involved very few kids - it was for friends and family and was a luncheon at a restaurant. (Her second kid's first birthday was smaller scale, mostly just family at home, and by then she'd moved halfway across the country and I'm not THAT good a play auntie.) The people who had kids brought them but that wasn't that many people and the ages of the kids were pretty varied. In my experience, the first birthday is more for the parents than it is the kids and then as the kids get older and are around more kids (day care, preschool, regular school), the parties become for the kids - more of a "you have to invite the whole class" type thing. (A friend of mine just had her kid's fourth birthday party with all the kids in the preschool class and the next day she was like "Look, fuck birthday parties.") 

I was neutral on him two episodes ago but then last night when he was wearing that hat as Shamari was telling him about the barbecue, I was thinking " ... Nah."

Cynthia looked gorgeous in that one-shoulder dress. Why is she opening a wine bar if she doesn't know about wine?

Well shit.  I guess the answer to my question is yes.  Lemme stop turning down all this free cake.   Thing is, it gets outta hand.  I was looking to see your whole sentence Boofish lol.  Because the last one I was invited to, was the last one.  There was a male stripper.   At a baby shower.  With babies.   I officially felt like the old lady in the club.   My hostess was like you leaving?  I was thinking the same thing I did during this last election - yeaaaaah girl, if you don't understand why this is inappropriate, we prolly shouldn't be friends. 

giphy.gif

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

There was a male stripper.   At a baby shower.  With babies.   I officially felt like the old lady in the club.   My hostess was like you leaving?  I was thinking the same thing I did during this last election - yeaaaaah girl, if you don't understand why this is inappropriate, we prolly shouldn't be friends. 

YOU BETTER STOP. Aren't mothers and grandmothers at baby showers? I wish I would.

• Love 8

She has so much anger and rage in her, any perceived slight sets her off. Plus, she is violent.

Kenya Moore deserved the ass whooping she got from Porsha. She was trying to provoke a reaction and she got one. It's no one's fault that she can only hand out wolf tickets and pick on poor Kim Fields. Fuck her.

Somebody said she was a perfect example of new money.  That makes sense in support of why she doesn't think she needs a makeover.  I don't know quite how to say this without it sounding bougie and fucked up but she looks as though she still does her own make up.   There isn't anything wrong with doing your own make up, what I mean is that, that tends to be a very specific, exaggerated look depending on where you grew up.   The reddest/glossiest lip possible, the blackest eyeliner on your lower lid, the frostiest shade that ever was on your eyelids and a drawn on beauty mark.  It's very:  early Lil Kim (hell, present day Kim), early Mary J. so I get why she thinks it looks good.  All the other girls she knew since she started wearing make up, wear it like this.  The fact is, she's a pretty girl, she needs a makeunder. 

Agree with all this. Shamari's make up choices make her look a lot older than she is. I was looking at that blonde Farrah wig during her performance and had to wonder where was the stylist or best friend?

I think she was missing Porsha because she is intimidated by the other women who are older and less bird-like. I think the producers thought this show needed a dose of Love & Hip Hop--that's the only explanation I can see for the addition of Shamari. What I always liked about this show is it stopped short of the L&HH stuff but I don't know if that will continue to be true if Shamari and Porsha are the future of this show.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Well shit.  I guess the answer to my question is yes.  Lemme stop turning down all this free cake.   Thing is, it gets outta hand.  I was looking to see your whole sentence Boofish lol.  Because the last one I was invited to, was the last one.  There was a male stripper.   At a baby shower.  With babies.   I officially felt like the old lady in the club.   My hostess was like you leaving?  I was thinking the same thing I did during this last election - yeaaaaah girl, if you don't understand why this is inappropriate, we prolly shouldn't be friends. 

giphy.gif

HAHAHAHA .. Yeah, no.  I just don't find those bee stung fools in man panties attractive. I mean how you dusty and greasy at the same time. I need answers

But I have a friend that has a party planning business and there are times I see the post and think what a beautiful bridal shower and the banner will say HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY 

Also - I do not think those babies are cute. AT ALL. I feel terrible but they momma not cute and they daddy not cute. It's some unfortunate DNA

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

YOU BETTER STOP. Aren't mothers and grandmothers at baby showers? I wish I would.

tenor.gif

you the old lady in the club in the seat right next to me.   Gurl in 2018, The Year of Our Lort, mothers are 15 and mawmaws are 36.   They be right up front, coach bag fulla singles.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

5 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Kenya Moore deserved the ass whooping she got from Porsha. She was trying to provoke a reaction and she got one. It's no one's fault that she can only hand out wolf tickets and pick on poor Kim Fields. Fuck her.

Oh.  d'oh!  hold up, I thought Apprentice was talking about Nene.  Lemme go head and re-pay attention lol.

5 minutes ago, Boofish said:

HAHAHAHA .. Yeah, no.  I just don't find those bee stung fools in man panties attractive. I mean how you dusty and greasy at the same time. I need answers

BWAHAHAAAA!!!!!  they be like hey boo.  I be like bye ashy.  

giphy.gif

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Portae said:

I don't know. I think that after the fear of losing one baby, 2 months on bedrest, and then babies in the NICU, Shamari and Ron are entitled to have a big party that is as much about celebrating the overcoming of obstacles as a family as it is about the twins' first birthday. It's probably the first time that they've been able to truly enjoy their babies rather than feeling terrified about whether or not they would survive. 

It doesn't matter who you are and how rich you are, a party for child's first birthday is the most useless (for the child) because at that age, they don't care about much, they won't remember anything and it's more exhausting being around people and having to be lugged around for pictures, cake cutting, etc. then it is any kind of fun for them. But to be clear, I'm not against having a a birthday party for a 1 year - I just think that a first birthday is more a celebration for the parents than it is for the child and there's nothing wrong with parents wanting to celebrate their first year milestone with their child BUT I'm going to call out someone who tries to justify their expensive spending habits on a birthday party by putting it on their children and saying you had to spend all this money because your babies 'deserve' it. That's BS to me. Shamari spent $1K on cake because it was her vision, not because it had anything to do with what her kids would want or need. When her kids are 5 and want a party with a full zoo and she drops a ton of cash on bringing animals in her backyard, THEN she can say that it's for her children and she loves them and they're good kids who deserve to celebrate their birthday the way they want.

• Love 9

In her (new money) defense, she did say that due to her bedrest, she never had a baby shower. So this party was the party for her that would have happened if she never had to be on bed rest.

And then, yes, she got new money tastes and needs to flex that don't make any damn sense. She could have ordered pizza for the kids in attendance and had her chef do salads and 'samiches for the adults, paid for a bounce house and a gigantic Publix cake and put $4k in each one of those babies college funds. But then no one else would be impressed with the excess. Guarantee their 5th birthday will be custom cakes in the shape of Jordans. 'Cause we just gotta be EXTRA.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I was team Porsha back in the day because Kenya was picking on Porsha because she was beautiful. I hated that Porsha got those awful implants. I remember when they went on a trip and she wore a simple black dress and Porsha was so stunning and she killed it as Dorothy Dandridge.  Porsha got full of herself and just became a  hot mess. I also think that she never got therapy after her awful marriage and that may have influenced her awful behavior on the show. A reality show is the wrong thing to do when you are going through turmoil. The producers will not have a problem with you making a fool of yourself if it gives them high ratings that translates into money.

• Love 10

I thought that Shamari pretty much said that the party was (at least partly) a makeup for the baby shower that she never got to have? So I thought that she basically acknowledged that it was a party for herself and for Ron in addition to the kids. And yeah, all first birthday parties are really for the adults. But I just can't bring myself to be judgemental when you want to celebrate kids that you weren't sure were going to live. 

Also, I believe that the party cost $10,000, but I don't think for a second that Shamari and Ron spent $10,000. I have to imagine that the bakery comped those cakes in exchange for being featured on the show. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I was team Porsha back in the day because Kenya was picking on Porsha because she was beautiful. I hated that Porsha got those awful implants. I remember when they went on a trip and she wore a simple black dress and Porsha was so stunning and she killed it as Dorothy Dandridge.  Porsha got full of herself and just became a  hot mess. I also think that she never got therapy after her awful marriage and that may have influenced her awful behavior on the show. A reality show is the wrong thing to do when you are going through turmoil. The producers will not have a problem with you making a fool of yourself if it gives them high ratings that translates into money.

Lord, Porsha from the first season was a totally different person. I am not knocking on anyone for getting thicker as they get older (including myself) but Porsha had a body to die for back then. She then had to get those implants.....sigh.

• Love 7

I don't generally agree with spending a ton of money on a first birthday party, but I think Shamari made it clear that this also was a party for her after having endured bed rest for two months, having to deliver one of the boys early so he would live, and any other frightening experiences she had. Did she go overboard on the spending, especially $900 on cake? But in her mind this also was for her the baby shower she didn't get to have because of the pregnancy complications.

That said, I think she's very dim. Her husband looks about a million years older than she does and is definitely not a handsome man. I agreed with him that she didn't need to share the details of their "open" period and laughed when he said she was bi-crazy.

Too much Porsha!!!

Cynthia did look lovely at the wine tasting. I pray that she hires the proper experts for the wine bar. That could be a great investment.

• Love 8

Eva revealing that she is the only girl in a family of brothers explains so much about her personality. She likes to throw rocks and hide her hand, a trait that I can only imagine developed as a result of having brothers to fight for her. If you're going to throw shade, at least own it instead of pretending that your intentions were misinterpreted. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Queena said:

I have always given Nene slack, but after her tweets about Greg... Nah sis. This man has cancer, if you are tired of taking care of him, you suck it up and keep on being there for your husband. 

I don't know if she updated her tweets, but I read over the weekend about her putting him on blast for his funky-ass attitude towards her. While I don't agree with airing him out publicly, as I wrote in her thread, I give her a pass for how she feels. Being a caretaker is no joke. They rarely get the respect and compassion that they deserve because they're not the ones who are sick. This is an unpopular opinion, but sick or not, I don't agree that caretakers should take abuse from their ill loved ones just because they're sick and mad at the world. 

I still hope that he reconsidered his anti-chemo stance. 

I never liked Eva, even on her Top Model days. Yaya was pretentious so I didn't care for her, either. However, when Eva won, it was "yeah, girl, I guess" for me. 

Y'all are killing me with these OTT baby shower/birthday party posts. Nowadays, baby showers look like wedding receptions. I can't, but I try reallllly hard not to count other people's money. Even when I think it's cray. 

• Love 11

Like I said last week, Kandi isn't wrong for going after Porsha/retaliating but she's  just so BAD at it. When messy queen Don Juan is sick of your shit, you're doing it wrong. 

Eva's mom is a piece of work. 

I guess the door is back closed on the Nene/Porsha friendship.

Cynthia zzzzzzzzz.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I don't know if she updated her tweets, but I read over the weekend about her putting him on blast for his funky-ass attitude towards her. While I don't agree with airing him out publicly, as I wrote in her thread, I give her a pass for how she feels. Being a caretaker is no joke. They rarely get the respect and compassion that they deserve because they're not the ones who are sick. This is an unpopular opinion, but sick or not, I don't agree that caretakers should take abuse from their ill loved ones just because they're sick and mad at the world. 

I never liked Eva, even on her Top Model days. Yaya was pretentious so I didn't care for her, either. However, when Eva won, it was "yeah, girl, I guess" for me. 

Y'all are killing me with these OTT baby shower/birthday party posts. Nowadays, baby showers look like wedding receptions. I can't, but I try reallllly hard not to count other people's money. Even when I think it's cray. 

I agree, she's allowed to be angry. However, you don't post it on Twitter or Instagram. You talk to that person. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Queena said:

I agree, she's allowed to be angry. However, you don't post it on Twitter or Instagram. You talk to that person. 

Maybe, but that's not how things are today.  Everything is out in the open, I mean Nene and Greg are living their lives on camera for all to see.

I don't get upset with her because not everybody can be a caretaker.  I mean it's one thing to say, "if I were married I'd....because 'till death do us part."  But it's another thing to actually do it, many just can't and I don't think that makes them bad people, it just makes them human.

• Love 8

My father in law was diagnosed with cancer and after just a few months of treatment, my mother in law put him in a nursing home. She just could not take one more day of him. She said he became unbearable and she didn't want him to die with her hating him. It was all very sad. Nene has a right to her feelings, just not sure why she shared them with 2.1 million people.

• Love 18
15 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Are they having house problems?

I was thinking the party did not look like a $10,000 party, as well.  The cakes were $$$, but where else was the money spent?  The food maybe cost $1,000.  Drinks are $$.  But were they serving alcohol?  

I just wanted them to put the air conditioning on!  Everyone was fanning themselves, if it looked HOT, imagine how it felt!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Portae said:

I take back my criticism of Shamari and Ron. I had no idea they had gone through so much difficulties with their babies. I  had assumed they were acting like Phaedra, spending money to show how fabulous they are.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I loved Yaya. I thought that Tyra disliked her because she was calm, highly educated and was very confident in who she is. I hated how the panel used to mock her for being too African, whatever that means.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Liquid6 said:

Cynthia mentioned in her TH that she has partners for her wine cellar who knows the wine business. I believe she’s more so the name and face of the business. 

That reminds me...does EVERYTHING she does have to be named Bailey something? Because if I heard Bailey in relation to alcohol, I wouldn't think Cynthia Bailey, I would think Bailey's Irish Cream. She's not enough of a household name to drive sales like that. Even Betheny didn't try that. She created a cute little brand and used her star power to market it.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why do people have huge parties for babies and pretend the party is for the babies?  The kids are not going to remember the party, it's all for the parents.

The reason people on these shows spend extravagantly on kids' parties is because it's probably the most efficient and cost effective way to meet the one party/event requirement of their contracts and still portray themselves as really wealthy. They don't have to spend as lavishly on food, booze, and entertainment. Kids' parties are typically shorter. Most little kids don't eat that much and will not appreciate waygu sliders. You spend $1,000 on the cake, $3,000 on the most elaborate bounce house and games set up that they have, a lot of party rental places have connections with other party services so another $1,000 gets you a petting zoo and face painters, $1500 on food, and $750 on drinks and booze (which every guest knows you can't go all out on because you still have to drive your children home).* Kids in first grade and above can handle a 2 hour party. Under 6 or 7 especially when there are a bunch of kids around, you're going to start getting kids who will lose their fucking minds as you get closer to the 2 hour mark or exceed it. These are people who have naps officially scheduled in as part of their daily routine. There is only so much you can expect of them. Furthermore if your kid isn't potty trained, there is only so long that you want to deal with that and still have to drive back home.

So even if you go all out on the most elaborate party set up for your kid, you know that you only need all of those things for 2 hours. While a similar set up for an adult party would always be more expensive because you have to double the amount of time that you need it. However, people always overestimate how much it would cost to hire a food truck for a party. Food trucks are almost always cheaper as long as you can meet their minimums, which are rarely more $2,000 worth of food and usually feed about 100 people for that price. A caterer will always charge you so much more. 

8 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

That reminds me...does EVERYTHING she does have to be named Bailey something? Because if I heard Bailey in relation to alcohol, I wouldn't think Cynthia Bailey, I would think Bailey's Irish Cream. She's not enough of a household name to drive sales like that. Even Betheny didn't try that. She created a cute little brand and used her star power to market it.

It reminds of when Andrew Firestone was the Bachelor. When he wasn't trying to romance the future love of his life, he was always talking about Firestone Wines. What always came up was "Firestone? The tire people?" He'd always have the same peevish reply "No, the wine people." Firestone tire have and continue to be a big part of American culture. No one thinks wine when they hear that name and I just bought a bottle a couple of weeks ago.

In the same vein, Cynthia needs to understand that her name recognition isn't that great. Bailey modeling? Yes. It makes sense and is reasonably related to her former claim to fame, as are makeup, clothing, handbags, hair products, and glasses. They are all beauty adjacent. Wine is not. If she chose to slightly obfuscate her name, it would make more sense. CBA (Cynthia Bailey Atlanta) Wines. She could even play up the idea of CBA wines teaching you the wine ABCs. I know a ton of people who are intimidated by wine. That's such a good niche space for Cynthia to be in.

*However we all know that if there is a company logo shown in the episode, then the housewife has probably negotiated a not insubstantial comp or cost reduction. I remember a Vanderpump Rules producer saying that Scheana was the most adept person he'd ever seen do those negotiations and build the product placement organically into the show.

• Love 6

It's too bad that Greg refused to take chemotherapy.  He will not have a good out come with trying to eat healthy only.  Hopefully he gets enough protein on his vegetarian diet.  They consulted MD Anderson and Greg still didn't pick treatment.  What was Nene saying about her having cancer cells too?  His tests came back positve, and he will only get worse if he doesn't try chemotherapy.  And, the longer he waits to start, the less likely chemotherapy will help.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Queena said:

Unless you know you want to leave and need to build a case so you don’t look like the heartless bitch who left her husband when he’s fighting for his life with cancer. You have to find a way to be a victim so you get a redemption arc after you leave him.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

This. I thought the same thing.

In the previous episode I rolled my eyes at Cynthia's shirt that said "51 Cynt". I had enough of the "50 Cynt" stuff last season and thought that would be over this season. Nope. Now it is "51 Cynt".

• Love 5

Eva's mom is the worst. Completely insensitive to her daughter, and sits there stuffing her face while her daughter cries. Then, of course, it's Eva who apologizes for crying. I can't stand that "it's my wedding" stuff from mothers. It's incredibly selfish. Glad Eva is going to choose her dress on her own. Insisting in adding people to the list is not too terrible, but then she should offer to pay the "doesn't cost anything" herself.

The "open relationship" girl needs to put a lid on it for the sake of her husband, who is obviously pained by the whole experience. As he said, "and you think this is proper conversation over the table?"

Porsha can take a stadium full of seats with her annoyance at Kandi for telling the TRUTH about her boyfriend's shady behavior, after having spent an entire season spreading vicious lies accusing Kandi of criminal behavior. Bish.

• Love 11