Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: MAFS: Happily Ever After?

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Danielle has her dad's odd shaped head and forehead...like SNL's the Coneheads...Beldar and Connie

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!  Truly LOL!!!  I don't find her attractive, even since the first episode.  But as the episodes wear on, I'm finding her actually homely.

But the Conehead reference.....awesome!  Jane Curtin for the win!

49 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Interesting that Danielle wasn't too sick to enjoy that nice meal!

Made me want to scream, watching her down that meal, spending all that money, only to be so conveniently "too full" for intimacy.

Which is it Danielle, too sick for sex, or too full?  Or whichever is more convenient?

• Love 4

Have no doubt that Danielle is angling for more basic cable TV free stuff.

Free decorating advice from HGTV experts or any of the decor shows under the Lifetime umbrella.

Fully expect to see them on another show.

Bobby and JamieO as co hosts of Unfiltered...I’d watch that.....

• Love 2
On 12/5/2018 at 12:18 AM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Some women do have very serious body-image issues when they're pregnant, making them feel too unattractive to want sex. I'm wondering why the show's so-called "experts" haven't even approached that subject?! 

Jessica did with Ashley - since Ashley doesn't seem to have those issues, Jessica felt the need to drum them into her head!

On 12/5/2018 at 11:32 AM, LilaFowler said:

Jephte is open and honest? He's still lying to her face.

Yes - a person who teaches elementary school should not be out of the house for work from 6:30-6:30.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:59 PM, OnTime said:

I really don't think she should be on this show anymore now that she is with Jon (of Jon and Molly).  As an "expert" it should someone not involved with a previous "husband" that she gave advice to.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:02 PM, Sterling said:

And yeah, highly inappropriate to date him.  She's a therapist.  He was essentially a patient.  Makes me lose respect for her.  

She should have bowed out of the series, or dated him.  But not both.

On 12/6/2018 at 12:40 AM, scoopski potata said:

Yeah, it’s pretty unprofessional if not downright unethical. I know there’s a gray area due to the nature of the actual “counseling” that went on and the public-ness of it but it’s a pretty big no-no for a therapist to date a client. Huge issues with power imbalance...this person has deep personal knowledge of you, you’ve exposed sensitive and vulnerable parts of yourself and they’ve given a very clinical and objective response. The boundaries between therapist and client exist for a very good reason. Both legally and otherwise.

I don't have a problem because really they are just "co-stars" who are dating.  Calling her an unprofessional therapist is giving her way too much credit!  

What I find interesting is that of all the dirt bags and weirdos on this show (Basement and both other Ryans, Barf Bag Sean, Sam, Stashley are all that come to mind immediately) the only one we've EVER seen get "yelled at" by an "expert" was Molly by Jessica :D

• Love 4

It’s interesting to me that Danielle rarely cites her long commute as a reason for moving.  That commute seems like a killer especially with a baby. If that were her reason, and not storage, it would make sense to me.

Sometimes in a marriage, IF you love your husband, you need to attend to his feelings and his needs even if you don’t feel like it.  Sometimes you can start off not wanting sex, but if you let yourself show your love physically, you find yourself enjoying it.  But just being a martyr isn’t satisfying for either of you.  

It’s  interesting to me that Bobby and Anthony are pretty specific about what they want and their wives reject it.  I’m not talking about house buying, but their emotional needs.

• Love 8
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, humbleopinion said:

Bobby and JamieO as co hosts of Unfiltered...I’d watch that.....

Jamie would never tolerate a "co host".

She won't be sharing the spotlight!!!

• Love 2

That is why it would be a good show..the tension between the co hosts...JamieO's wanting to stab Bobby and Bobby cashing in on his basic cable fame and good ol' boy act.

The truth...Bobby needs to earn TV money to afford Danielle's increasing wants and needs...

• Love 1

Finally watched this episode.

I find myself wondering if Danielle realizes this is how their relationship is being portrayed this season. Its hard to get my mind around why someone would want their new marriage/first child portrayed to the world like this.  I'm trying to figure out how far from reality is this plot line with her and Bobby.  We know the producers like to amp up the drama.  Its annoying not knowing how much we are being toyed with. On Lipstick Alley someone posted a social media post by Danielle where she posted her credit score as 800 and saying she was paying off her debt with her own money, not her huzzzzband's.

• Love 3
On 12/7/2018 at 10:58 PM, Sterling said:

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!  Truly LOL!!!  I don't find her attractive, even since the first episode.  But as the episodes wear on, I'm finding her actually homely.

But the Conehead reference.....awesome!  Jane Curtin for the win!

Made me want to scream, watching her down that meal, spending all that money, only to be so conveniently "too full" for intimacy.

Which is it Danielle, too sick for sex, or too full?  Or whichever is more convenient?

I have never found her attractive in the slightest. When Bobby and his dad (gross supposedly did this on twitter)were going on about how hot she was, I was kinda of thinking like Ann from Arrested Development  and going “Her?” However, my opinion did not matter and I was glad Bobby was so happy with her. Now she just comes off so entitled.

20 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

It’s interesting to me that Danielle rarely cites her long commute as a reason for moving.  That commute seems like a killer especially with a baby. If that were her reason, and not storage, it would make sense to me.

Sometimes in a marriage, IF you love your husband, you need to attend to his feelings and his needs even if you don’t feel like it.  Sometimes you can start off not wanting sex, but if you let yourself show your love physically, you find yourself enjoying it.  But just being a martyr isn’t satisfying for either of you.  

It’s  interesting to me that Bobby and Anthony are pretty specific about what they want and their wives reject it.  I’m not talking about house buying, but their emotional needs.

What you said is very true about marriage in general. You have to sometimes put your spouse’s needs before your own. We never see her do this on the show, which could be editing monkeys but we can only go with what we have seen.

11 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Finally watched this episode.

I find myself wondering if Danielle realizes this is how their relationship is being portrayed this season. Its hard to get my mind around why someone would want their new marriage/first child portrayed to the world like this.  I'm trying to figure out how far from reality is this plot line with her and Bobby.  We know the producers like to amp up the drama.  Its annoying not knowing how much we are being toyed with. On Lipstick Alley someone posted a social media post by Danielle where she posted her credit score as 800 and saying she was paying off her debt with her own money, not her huzzzzband's.

I think she thought she was going to be the darling of this series and could ride that into reality show fame. After all, what other bride on this show has gotten their husband to fall in love with them so fast that they literally wait on them hand and foot.

• Love 3

Hopelessly Devoted To You...MAFS version (shout out to ONJohn)

DougH bought JamieO a car.

Bless his heart, he didn't know her well enough to know she wanted a BMW and she pretended to be happy about the subpar car he presented her...

Neil, if Sam had not been such a loon and a bully.

Nick has proved to be devoted to the life coach, Baby Momma and their twins.

No one will ever outdo the OG Ricky Bobby for blind devotion....

• Love 1
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Hopelessly Devoted To You...MAFS version (shout out to ONJohn)

DougH bought JamieO a car.

Bless his heart, he didn't know her well enough to know she wanted a BMW and she pretended to be happy about the subpar car he presented her...

He didn't really buy the car. Did he?

It was basically a CarMax infomercial where he is on the CarMax website. I'm sure CarMax provided the car.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

Finally got through this episode. Hasn't been very entertaining at all. I would be surprised if they renew another season of this.

I second this - what a joyless ugly little show! Hey - here's all the happy marriages from our show! Let's see them all be miserable as they procreate! I must be nuts because I can't look away....

Although, to have another season of THIS show will take another 5-8 seasons to cull a few "happy" couples who stay together long enough to have a baby. And yes I know that it was right away for S&J and D&B, but that is not the norm for most people......

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

And yes I know that it was right away for S&J and D&B, but that is not the norm for most people......

One each last two seasons. If it happens again I will give it a huge side eye, because it will make me wonder things about this show I would rather not wonder.

• Love 3

They switched the time of this with "Honeymoon" which could've worked if they'd just do away with the "viewer questions" show; who cares about asking the 'experts' anything. I don't bother with it & wish they had put this show in that time slot instead.

• Love 2
On 12/6/2018 at 12:39 AM, Yeah No said:

Thanks - I'm fine now but after the laparoscopic gallbladder removal I also had to have 3 endoscopic procedures due to stones still stuck in the bile duct (they couldn't be removed during the regular surgery).  So I had pain and digestive discomfort for 3 months even after the surgery until they were able to get all the stones out.  It was tricky and the surgeon was being careful so it took a few tries.  And I STILL wanted to show my husband some physical affection even though I was often not feeling well.  So I'm sorry but Danielle gets no sympathy from me!  She's just a cold, withholding person.

I agree about Danielle also.  I figured I got the name of the surgery wrong,”lol.  Wow, you went through a lot .. sorry.  All that gastro stuff is a bitch.  I’ve had many endoscopies because of swallowing issues, so I know how you must feel.  If anything, it makes me closer to my husband as he’s the one who supports me in everything.  She’s a selfish woman.  Bobby is too good to her.

• Love 1