Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: MAFS: Happily Ever After?

• Start Topic

Routine Maintenance: With all three couples on producer induced/ actual shaky ground...the show expects us to believe that they can reinforce their communication and connection before potential issues create separation that can't be fixed....that ship sailed when Jephte starting sleeping around to "find himself"....Shawniece, you know what you have to do until your MAFS check clears....Anthony will do as he is told by Ashley and Ricky Bobby may fuss but he, too will do as his missus says.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

Geeze .. if every guy was like Bobby and say “I just want to make her happy”, there would be no divorces.  This guy is unreal, and it seems like everything is about Danielle.  I don’t think Danielle would have it any other way but her way.

• Love 7

I'm glad Bobby finally starts to question Danielle's "sickness" in the next ep. Because I still find it suspicious. It sounds like he's starved for any type of intimacy, not just sex but cuddling and stuff too. 

Shawniece does her make up really well. I wonder how Jepthe thought of such a nice gift. Eh, I don't trust him. Arranged marriages do take a lot of time to grow but cheating isn't usually part of that.

• Love 9

This episode was pretty low-drama, except (of course) for Shawniece and Jephte, who always have drama. Little Laura is adorable --and for her sake, I hope they can at least be good parents together.

I noticed Bobby and Danielle weren't talking about houses. Did I miss something? Have they already moved??

It does seem like Danielle has genuinely been sick a lot with this pregnancy, and it doesn't seem to be going away like it normally would. Considering that it happens mostly when she's with him,  though, I think Bobby has good reason to question that "coincidence." 

Some women do have very serious body-image issues when they're pregnant, making them feel too unattractive to want sex. I'm wondering why the show's so-called "experts" haven't even approached that subject?! 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 7

I feel soooo bad for Bobby:(    It's like he got catfished.   I would like to vote for a  do over pairing Bobby/Shawniece, and Jepthe/Danielle.   If I could go back in time for Bobby when the experts called him that day asking would he be willing to marry Danielle.  That his phone would have sent them to voicemail.  If your going to be on a reality show you need to be open and honest like Jephte/Shawniece.   After all you did sign up to get paid and do the show. IJS. 

• Love 1

It was nice to see Anthony's sense of humor - and the accompanying smile - make some appearances tonight.  And Ashley seemed to genuinely enjoy Anthony in those moments, as well.  (Not sure what it says about the show overall, however, that the highlight of the episode was watching the least interesting couple make then laugh at a joke.  I mean, it was a pretty funny joke, but not exactly like, carry-an-entire-episode funny).

• Love 5
4 hours ago, shannew said:

I feel soooo bad for Bobby:(    It's like he got catfished.   I would like to vote for a  do over pairing Bobby/Shawniece, and Jepthe/Danielle.   If I could go back in time for Bobby when the experts called him that day asking would he be willing to marry Danielle.  That his phone would have sent them to voicemail.  If your going to be on a reality show you need to be open and honest like Jephte/Shawniece.   After all you did sign up to get paid and do the show. IJS. 

Jephte is open and honest? He's still lying to her face.

• Love 11

Does Danielle work 7 days a week?  She probably is home at least a couple of days a week.  Is she sick all day when she is at home?  Poor Bobby.  Danielle finally feels well and he takes her out for a nice supper.  Then she says she feels too full for sexy time.  Bobby looks so defeated.

Anthony and Ashley seemed a lot happier this week.  The old funny Anthony was back.  

Jephte just makes me shake my head.  Shawniece deserves better.  

Edited by LakeGal
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Jephte is open and honest? He's still lying to her face.

I think I missed something.  Did Jepthe cheat on Shawnice after the marriage?  Is that why she hasn’t kissed him in five months.  I’m watching other reality shows, I’m getting confused.  They do at least laugh a lot together.

• Love 1

Dr Jessica is getting on my nerves. Seems she says the same things over and over. What value does she add?

I really don't think she should be on this show anymore now that she is with Jon (of Jon and Molly).  As an "expert" it should someone not involved with a previous "husband" that she gave advice to.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Does Danielle work 7 days a week?  She probably is home at least a couple of days a week.  Is she sick all day when she is at home?  Poor Bobby.  Danielle finally feels well and he takes her out for a nice supper.  Then she says she feels too full for sexy time.  Bobby looks so defeated.

Don't any of these people have any common sense?  Who thinks they're going to be up for a great time in the sack after a huge restaurant meal?  

• Love 2

Anybody else thinking that Dave and Amber are still friends with benefits?

Of course, assuming both are still single and not involved with others.

Imagining both of them laughing their asses off at Bobby's and Danielle's lack of sack time due to Danielle's excuse after excuse  as the still married Amber and Dave have sexy time after watching this episode and finishing off a bottle of wine......

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I think I missed something.  Did Jepthe cheat on Shawnice after the marriage?  Is that why she hasn’t kissed him in five months.  I’m watching other reality shows, I’m getting confused.  They do at least laugh a lot together.

Yeah, Jephte used Twitter backlash against him in his season as an excuse for "needing to do his own thing," i.e stroking his...ego in other women's vaginas while they were separated. I think she must have found out she was pregnant right before or during the separation. I'm guessing she was especially angry with him because they probably never discussed whether or not they were going to see other people and she assumed they weren't. Not even taking the pregnancy into account, that situation is always awkward because the one who stayed loyal during the break always feels betrayed, but it's not really like you can correct it once it's done. Even if he felt guilty enough and gave her a free pass to go have a one night stand, she wouldn't take him up on it and then it raises the whole issue of "well you wouldn't care if I slept with someone else? You wouldn't be jealous?" Etc. and there's no right answer. He must have really fucked up to not make a peep about her refusing to even kiss him for five months. Makes you wonder about the exact circumstances and timing of the infidelity.

This season is basically "the Ballad of Bobby's Penis." I swear, if I have to hear about Danielle's nausea one more time. I agree with everyone else that I think she's using her supposed all day morning sickness to get out of chores and sex. I didn't get the after dinner scene – how can you simultaneously be vomiting and over full? she just wanted to go to bed LOL. Also, I feel like everyone is overlooking all of the other sex acts you could do beyond intercourse. I get feeling too sick, but if it were me, I would start to feel worried that my partner would think I wasn't attracted to them or that I was single-handedly killing the marriage. If it really has been months, a handjob would take no time at all (lmao) and wouldn't involve rigorous physical activity or tempting your gag reflex. Then again, I think about other people, which Danielle does not seem capable of doing.

I'm 100% fully on board with a fantasy Shawniece/Bobby pairing. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Geeze .. if every guy was like Bobby and say “I just want to make her happy”, there would be no divorces.  This guy is unreal, and it seems like everything is about Danielle.  I don’t think Danielle would have it any other way but her way.

Ha. That's not true at all. Simply because some people are never happy. Also, a lot of people don't want to be with perceived pushovers. He just lucked into getting someone that is more than happy to take advantage.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Dr Jessica is getting on my nerves. Seems she says the same things over and over. What value does she add?

I really don't think she should be on this show anymore now that she is with Jon (of Jon and Molly).  As an "expert" it should someone not involved with a previous "husband" that she gave advice to.

Whaaaat????  She’s going with Jon?  Holy Smokes.  Is she older than him?  On this week’s episode, she looked like she had some work done on her face.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Dr Jessica and jon???  Tell us more and pictures please!!!

• Love 1

Don't know if the doctor had anything done to her face..but regular doses of Jon and between the sheets therapy has certainly brightened her attitude.

Go to Jon's Insta...lots of pictures of them two....

Watching this show has become a chore.

I cleaned out my DVR watching anything remotely interesting while putting off watching the latest episode of this show...but I pushed through...

Dog report:

Nellie in bed getting a rub...Bobby hasn't gotten any rubbing from Danielle ever since he impregnated her...

Keke as a the point of contention in the marriage...she emptied the trash can when Shawniece was downstairs taking care of Baby LD, Jephte doesn't walk Keke in the morning but has time to work out before work...

Henry fans got a long look of Mr. Hank filmed on the bedroom rug...

Anthony's sure fire way to know if the house he buys is really home....interesting....

Bobby and his BIL eating a BBQ appetizer and washing it down with some beer in frosty glasses... better than reluctant sex, Bobster....

Shawniece fixing up the bedroom...she really is doing a lot of work post delivery...

Seeing Bobette on the ultrasound is the 2nd time Danielle ALMOST cried... ALERT the presses....

• Love 3

Home sellers leave a new bottle of air freshener if you see Anthony coming (maybe a few).  His stress over moving was stressing me out. Nice to have him joking around again though.

Jephte the teacher: "...you wasn't doin' nuthun'".  crap

Jephte likes having a baby around, & wants more, probably because he doesn't help out at all.

I would say Shawniece is post baby emotional, but it may just be her typical.

Keep those fingers crossed for sex Bobby; maybe to make the next baby.

16 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

When pastor Cal said “you have a great marriage” to Jepthe any credibility he had (zero) just dipped into the negative. 

All the 'experts' have always been in the negative.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

OMG, I had no idea they were together.  I just checked his instagram.

Their first posted picture was Oct. 29th, all lovey-dovey.  So about 6 weeks of "posting" together, maybe longer actually together.  This is not a long-term successful relationship, yet anyway.  This is sex-starved Jon getting his oxytocin on.  Let's check it out in 6 months, or a year, and see if they're still together.

And yeah, highly inappropriate to date him.  She's a therapist.  He was essentially a patient.  Makes me lose respect for her.  

She should have bowed out of the series, or dated him.  But not both.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 4

I put way too much thought in this but Danielle and Bobby were only married two or three months when she got pregnant. So Bobby has only gotten sex for let's say the first eight or twelve weeks and none since. Aside from some kind of life altering illness or accident who in a relationship only has sex for two months and then abrubtly stops and expects that relationship to last? Once the morning sickness stops her excuse is goijg to be she's too big and it makes her uncomfortable. Then when the baby is born it will be that she's too tired (even though Bobby will be doing most of the work taking care of their daughter!) 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, kira28 said:

I put way too much thought in this but Danielle and Bobby were only married two or three months when she got pregnant. So Bobby has only gotten sex for let's say the first eight or twelve weeks and none since. Aside from some kind of life altering illness or accident who in a relationship only has sex for two months and then abrubtly stops and expects that relationship to last? Once the morning sickness stops her excuse is goijg to be she's too big and it makes her uncomfortable. Then when the baby is born it will be that she's too tired (even though Bobby will be doing most of the work taking care of their daughter!) 

Exactly.  She reeled him in with twice-a-day sex, moved into his home, pretending to like it and the furniture, and now, she's doing a complete 180.

No sex.  Must buy bigger home.  Must get rid of all of Bobby's furniture.  Still buying eyelashes.  Still no sex.

Bobby is screwed (not literally, unfortunately).  Baby on the way and a demanding shrew of a crooked-nosed vanilla-looking wife who won't even give him a BJ or a HJ.  Poor guy.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Wow, thanks for the link, I had no idea.

Jon sounds way defensive.  Anger much?

Jon's quote here is hilarious:

"Also, if you believe that we did not research the ethical codes you previously sited before pursuing anything, then clearly you're not giving our intelligence enough credit. But thank you for your concerns, happy Monday." 

Ha ha ha.......he spells the word "cited" with an "S", while speaking about his "intelligence", in the same sentence.

So she turns out to be 12 years older with 3 kids, dating essentially someone she counseled.  Yeah yeah, yeah, it was on t.v., it wasn't confidential, blah blah.....relationship expert, she is not.  She just lost 72 points from me.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, OnTime said:

56 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Thanks for the link.  The hubs and I were watching her last night talking with the three pregnant couples, and I noticed she had her face done.  (Not good). She had no ring on and we were wondering what her story was.  Well, at least she resembles Molly, so I guess he’s thrilled.  Haha.  3 kids .. yikes.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Don't any of these people have any common sense?  Who thinks they're going to be up for a great time in the sack after a huge restaurant meal?  

Right.  I had morning sickness 24 hrs a day for three months with all my three kids.  All I ate was crackers and water.  I know she’s a pain in the ass, but I give her a pass on this one.  Cuddling would have been good tho as he needed something, anything.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Right.  I had morning sickness 24 hrs a day for three months with all my three kids.  All I ate was crackers and water.  I know she’s a pain in the ass, but I give her a pass on this one.  Cuddling would have been good tho as he needed something, anything.

Danielle doesn't seem to want to do anything that makes her in the least bit uncomfortable.  Hey I recently spent several months with gallbladder issues, which didn't make my stomach feel all that up to anything romantic and I lost a lot of weight, but I still found ways to show hubbie a little physical affection! 

Everything Danielle does just seems so self-serving to me.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Danielle doesn't seem to want to do anything that makes her in the least bit uncomfortable.  Hey I recently spent several months with gallbladder issues, which didn't make my stomach feel all that up to anything romantic and I lost a lot of weight, but I still found ways to show hubbie a little physical affection! 

Everything Danielle does just seems so self-serving to me.

A few years back, I had the gallbladder issues also.  Had the “orthoscopy” (no big deal) and am fine since, fyi.  If you’re interested.  (Don’t know if I spelled that word right).

• Love 2

For awhile I was a Danielle/Bobby defender - but the more I see of them, the more I’m starting to get super cynical about her. It’s starting to feel to me like she saw an opportunity to snag someone who would truly do anything and everything for her including paying off her debt and funding her lifestyle. She doesn’t strike me as the type to get accidentally pregnant, especially not in this situation and being someone so career-oriented so it makes me wonder if she decided a baby was the way to lock him down for good so she could relax the “love” act knowing he’s not going anywhere now that she’s got his kid. 

I dunno. That’s super cynical of me, I know, but she’s really starting to get demanding and very gotta have things her way, making small concessions here and there to keep him on the hook but I get the feeling that the major ones she’s going to beat him down on. Ugh.

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

A few years back, I had the gallbladder issues also.  Had the “orthoscopy” (no big deal) and am fine since, fyi.  If you’re interested.  (Don’t know if I spelled that word right).

Thanks - I'm fine now but after the laparoscopic gallbladder removal I also had to have 3 endoscopic procedures due to stones still stuck in the bile duct (they couldn't be removed during the regular surgery).  So I had pain and digestive discomfort for 3 months even after the surgery until they were able to get all the stones out.  It was tricky and the surgeon was being careful so it took a few tries.  And I STILL wanted to show my husband some physical affection even though I was often not feeling well.  So I'm sorry but Danielle gets no sympathy from me!  She's just a cold, withholding person.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

So she turns out to be 12 years older with 3 kids, dating essentially someone she counseled.  Yeah yeah, yeah, it was on t.v., it wasn't confidential, blah blah.....relationship expert, she is not.  She just lost 72 points from me.

Yeah, it’s pretty unprofessional if not downright unethical. I know there’s a gray area due to the nature of the actual “counseling” that went on and the public-ness of it but it’s a pretty big no-no for a therapist to date a client. Huge issues with power imbalance...this person has deep personal knowledge of you, you’ve exposed sensitive and vulnerable parts of yourself and they’ve given a very clinical and objective response. The boundaries between therapist and client exist for a very good reason. Both legally and otherwise.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, scoopski potata said:

Yeah, it’s pretty unprofessional if not downright unethical. I know there’s a gray area due to the nature of the actual “counseling” that went on and the public-ness of it but it’s a pretty big no-no for a therapist to date a client. Huge issues with power imbalance...this person has deep personal knowledge of you, you’ve exposed sensitive and vulnerable parts of yourself and they’ve given a very clinical and objective response. The boundaries between therapist and client exist for a very good reason. Both legally and otherwise.

Yep, preach to the choir, Scoopski!  For more on this, there was a discussion on this in the social media thread on the board for the most recent season of MAFS.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, scoopski potata said:

For awhile I was a Danielle/Bobby defender - but the more I see of them, the more I’m starting to get super cynical about her. It’s starting to feel to me like she saw an opportunity to snag someone who would truly do anything and everything for her including paying off her debt and funding her lifestyle. She doesn’t strike me as the type to get accidentally pregnant, especially not in this situation and being someone so career-oriented so it makes me wonder if she decided a baby was the way to lock him down for good so she could relax the “love” act knowing he’s not going anywhere now that she’s got his kid. 

I dunno. That’s super cynical of me, I know, but she’s really starting to get demanding and very gotta have things her way, making small concessions here and there to keep him on the hook but I get the feeling that the major ones she’s going to beat him down on. Ugh.

Starting to get demanding?  She is demanding.  We didn’t hear anything about moving, did we?  Anyone know if they moved to the bigger house because she needs more storage space, haha.  I’ve been living without enough storage space my whole marriage and thought nothing of it.  I’ll bet his parents put the kebosh on the moving thing.  Maybe Bobby put his foot down on the move.  They have a house now.  What more does she want?  She is just a spoiled brat.  I think his family doesn’t like her.  Wait until the baby comes.  She’ll run him ragged.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4

If this isn't all manufactured, I am also cynical enough to wonder if she was 'locking him down' with a baby for some reason.  I recall Bobby, during MAFS, explaining they weren't into anything except straight sex. Maybe that was his code for she was just lying there, getting through it, & now the baby sickness is her way out. After the preg she'll be "sore", like JamieO was for months after, only to have her vagina magically heal when ready for a new baby...  we'll see.

• Love 7

Danielle is a taker, not a giver. Poor Bobby is stuck with her now for the next 18 years or longer whether they stay together or not. 

Regarding moving to a new house, Bobby's house could work just fine for the next few years until they are settled with the baby. It's a decent house. Maybe buy some new living room furniture pieces they both agree on, a new dining set (since she doesn't like wicker chairs) and replace the kitchen appliances with ones that all match, and make a cute nursery for the baby. It sounds to me like she's not going to work for a while so she won't have the long distance commute issue. It's called compromise. Something Danielle is not willing to consider. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Anthony can be the spokesperson for PooPourri like Jacklyn was for Tito's Vodka and Nick was for his Section 8 Yacht Club Clothing Line and as a superhost for his AirBnB.

Earning a few extra $$$ for the D'Amico-Petta home...

Ricky Bobby's lack of sex has taken the pep out of his step and he actually showed disappointment and whined about no lovin'......the ten rating is shaky......

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Regarding moving to a new house, Bobby's house could work just fine for the next few years until they are settled with the baby. It's a decent house. Maybe buy some new living room furniture pieces they both agree on, a new dining set (since she doesn't like wicker chairs) and replace the kitchen appliances with ones that all match, and make a cute nursery for the baby.

Exactly, spend the $5,000 on the house instead of the dog. The house would be just fine and since he recently bought it, I doubt he make much money selling it now.

• Love 2
On 12/6/2018 at 2:08 PM, Koalagirl said:

The sparkle has definitely gone out of Bobby's eyes.    And I hope that Anthony carries a little spray bottle of Poo Pourri with him when he goes looking at houses (that stuff really does work!!!)

I was thinking about the sparkle also.  He did a turn around, thank goodness.  She was getting on my nerves with that sweet little voice demanding things. I’ll bet his family talked him out of buying another house being that this one is good enough for now.  I’m happy he spoke up and put his foot down.  He was beginning to look the fool.  She’s lucky to have a house.  Some have to live in an apartment.  Spoiled !

• Love 4