Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: What Are You Crayon About?

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Once again, Amanda does the second-worst tattoo of the day, but this time her luck ran out and they sent her home anyway. I really think the precision failures on either of Team Cleen's should have sent one of them home over her, if judging solely on the work in the challenge itself.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Charlesman said:

Once again, Amanda does the second-worst tattoo of the day, but this time her luck ran out and they sent her home anyway. I really think the precision failures on either of Team Cleen's should have sent one of them home over her, if judging solely on the work in the challenge itself.

I agree with you, but at least the judges were consistent in eliminating the hardest to read tattoo over meeting the challenge which seems to be the trend this season.

• Love 4

Finally. Amanda must be leading or tied for most bottom placements of any artist on any season. I can't sit through the bloated finales on this show so hopefully that's the last time I ever see her self-satisfied smirk.

Seeing her tattoo in the wild, I would have thought the fox was some sort of Pomeranian-ish dog. The lion was also lopsided.

It's pretty bad when "being able to distinguish what animal it is" becomes the deciding criteria.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 11

Once again, the actual challenge is ignored and the judging is on other criteria!  Amanda's tattoo was bad as pretty much all of hers have been, but on precision both of the other two were far worse.

I don't know why I still watch this travesty.  It seems clear that the judging is all about keeping the team numbers about equal and everything done is for maximum drama.  I've felt all along that the goal is to give Cleen a win - they love him so - and I detest him and his smirk.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

I've felt all along that the goal is to give Cleen a win - they love him so - and I detest him and his smirk.

Me too, but even Cleen is the lesser of two evils at this point. Christian has dug his hate hole even deeper for me this season.

I also can't stand the gravely jumped-up tone the narrator uses: "Tonight! On Ink Master!"

Be it known that this is an angry, manly show for manly men! My voice growls and sounds mean! We're not called Spike any more but we want manly men to watch! Klingons welcome!

• Love 5
On 12/4/2018 at 12:25 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

I guess it's Tim's turn to leave.

Colour me shock. I'm surprised that Amanda was finally sent packing. I know Christian was hurt by it, since he favoured Amanda and Angel over anyone else on his team, but I can't help but wonder what would have happened had they protected Chris in the last episode. Regardless of his attitude issues, he was miles ahead in terms of tattooing when it came to Amanda. If they kept him, it might have sent Tony home this week leaving Christian with a better chance in the final.

Her tattoo wasn't the worst this week, but I do agree with the judges in sending her home due to legibility. Tony's was the worst, but at least you could tell that it was a leopard. If Amanda did it in colour, she would have been safe.

Oh well, it doesn't matter since it looks like it will be Teej vs Tiffer in the end. Both have been gunning after each other since the first episode and they've been the best this season.

• Love 6

Not that Amanda didn't need to go home, but Christian completely fucked her over by telling her to do it in black and grey. If she'd done the fox in color, they couldn't have said it looked like a raccoon and not a fox. Foxes are pretty much the only fox-colored animal and putting it in black and grey (raccoon colors) is what made it look more like a raccoon than how it was drawn, in my opinion.

I can't believe the fact that Christian is making me hate Cleen less just by comparison. I said I wasn't going to watch this season because of the two of them and yet here I am.

• Love 9

The remaining artists are all stronger overall in my non-expert opinion than Amanda. But both of Team Cleen's tattoos looked skewed somehow and hers didn't.   Yeah it kind of had a bandit thing going but....   I agree with the comments that it's obvious they are keeping the team numbers even.  It's irritating. I hope we get away from this team concept next season. Im not even sure the return of the Zen coach Anthony could get me to watch more coaching.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, belligerent said:

Not that Amanda didn't need to go home, but Christian completely fucked her over by telling her to do it in black and grey. If she'd done the fox in color, they couldn't have said it looked like a raccoon and not a fox. Foxes are pretty much the only fox-colored animal and putting it in black and grey (raccoon colors) is what made it look more like a raccoon than how it was drawn, in my opinion.

I can't believe the fact that Christian is making me hate Cleen less just by comparison. I said I wasn't going to watch this season because of the two of them and yet here I am.

I was surprised he had her do black and grey also.  The color would have really distinguished the fox.  Unless she really messed it up and made it look like a Pomeranian. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Suzn said:

Once again, the actual challenge is ignored and the judging is on other criteria!  Amanda's tattoo was bad as pretty much all of hers have been, but on precision both of the other two were far worse.

I don't know why I still watch this travesty.  It seems clear that the judging is all about keeping the team numbers about equal and everything done is for maximum drama.  I've felt all along that the goal is to give Cleen a win - they love him so - and I detest him and his smirk.

I think precision would start with being able to identify the animal right away.  Amanda's was the only one that could have been one of several animals.  I thought it looked like a cute dog.    With the other precision including the fur coloring and details I thought Amanda's was just as bad as the other bottom two.  That was an easy elimination.  

9 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Colour me shock. I'm surprised that Amanda was finally sent packing. I know Christian was hurt by it, since he favoured Amanda and Angel over anyone else on his team, but I can't help but wonder what would have happened had they protected Chris in the last episode. Regardless of his attitude issues, he was miles ahead in terms of tattooing when it came to Amanda. If they kept him, it might have sent Tony home this week leaving Christian with a better chance in the final.

Her tattoo wasn't the worst this week, but I do agree with the judges in sending her home due to legibility. Tony's was the worst, but at least you could tell that it was a leopard. If Amanda did it in colour, she would have been safe.

Oh well, it doesn't matter since it looks like it will be Teej vs Tiffer in the end. Both have been gunning after each other since the first episode and they've been the best this season.

I agree re Chris.  I really liked Chris' tattoos and I think Chris was pretty equal with Teej.   Teej had no problem pushing for Chris' elimination, obviously threatened.  

I disagree re Amanda.  I think hers was the worst one because it was way too generic and the person will forever hear "what animal is that?".  

• Love 4

My main problem with Tiffer's lion was how far it strayed from the photo reference. I'd probably think it was okay if I hadn't seen what it was supposed to be copying. That was a bad photo to choose in the first place.

Sample size of one, but I sent my sister a picture of Amanda's tattoo and asked her what animal it was. She said a puppy. (At least it's still the canidae family!)

Edited by 2727
  • Love 2

Usually Nunez will push people on anatomy.  For me the non-fox-like fox at least has normal anatomy.  If you imagine that lion looking at you straight on, the face is really warped.  That is a lion that got hit by a truck.  The leopard had similar issues.  For both the lion and the leopard the reason they looked like the animal they are supposed to be is because those animals have such strong, distinguishing features - the lion's mane and the leopard's spots.  Without those, we have some animals with warped faces. 

It is remarkable that with 5 artists left, we had three truly terrible tattoos.  

I am okay with Amanda leaving because she was the weakest artist left, but the show should be embarrassed by this episode. 

• Love 7

Of course Team Christian won the flash challenge because Team Cleen won last week.   IM is so predictable. 

Amanda could have inked that panda and I would still be happy she and her smarmy smirk went home.  

I'm glad Tim won tattoo of the day - - he did have the best.  

I think Teej and Tiffer are shoe-ins for the finale.  It could be either Tim or Tony with them.  Hard to say at this point.

One thing I will never understand are the inktestants who come on the show, knowing full well they will have a category they are not trained in, and they don't practice it!  Like Tony with photo realism.  I get that's not your specialty but work on it before you come on the show!  You know there will be photo realism tattoos.  Photo realism is not Cleen's specialty, but like he said, he at least learned how to turn out a decent one.  Tony is lucky that photo realism hasn't been an issue before now.  I like Tony well enough but for that reason alone, he probably shouldn't be IM.

I think Teej is a good artist but I hate how he gunned for and threw Chris under the bus.  Yes, Chris was his biggest threat but you would think he might want to ally with him to eliminate other competition.  Christian did that with Anthony back on his season and both of them made it to the finale.   For that reason alone, I don't want Teej to win.

I think Tim seems like a nice guy and although he's slow (something he admits) his work is pretty good.   Most of Tiffer's has been pretty good as well. 

Out of the two coaches, I want Cleen to win because he's just been a better coach to his team overall.  

• Love 7

This show is on fumes for me. I dread the smack talking finale no matter who wins. Although, if Cleen wins I can see him maybe atually being gracious about it.  

Dave has reached super-model, bobble-head skinny status. I do hope he is taking care of himself. 

• Love 10
On 12/6/2018 at 1:36 PM, NEOhio said:

The remaining artists are all stronger overall in my non-expert opinion than Amanda. But both of Team Cleen's tattoos looked skewed somehow and hers didn't.   Yeah it kind of had a bandit thing going but....   I agree with the comments that it's obvious they are keeping the team numbers even.  It's irritating. I hope we get away from this team concept next season. Im not even sure the return of the Zen coach Anthony could get me to watch more coaching.

I think for the last part of the competition they were happy to keep Amanda around as the last woman as long as the person they sent home wasn't that good.  Now that we have gotten to the pointy end of the competition she had to go and the last 4 are probably the strongest 4 of the season.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:09 AM, Inkmaster0345 said:

Can't help but feel like this win was Tim's shining moment before they send him packing next week. 

I felt the opposite, since he had been in the bottom the last coupe of weeks, they needed to give him a win to give him some credibility in case he makes the finale.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dstann said:

I think for the last part of the competition they were happy to keep Amanda around as the last woman as long as the person they sent home wasn't that good.  Now that we have gotten to the pointy end of the competition she had to go and the last 4 are probably the strongest 4 of the season.

I felt the opposite, since he had been in the bottom the last coupe of weeks, they needed to give him a win to give him some credibility in case he makes the finale.

I have to add that I believe Chris was one of the strongest artists and certainly should have been in the top 4 if Christian wasn't such a baby about Chris not willing to play his reindeer games.  I think if Chris had chosen to go on Cleen's team, he would likely still be in the competition. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I have to add that I believe Chris was one of the strongest artists and certainly should have been in the top 4 if Christian wasn't such a baby about Chris not willing to play his reindeer games.  I think if Chris had chosen to go on Cleen's team, he would likely still be in the competition. 

Chris being pushed out shows it’s not always the top four at the end.  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Lemons said:

Chris being pushed out shows it’s not always the top four at the end.  

I think they probably found it a bit annoying that he kept doing safe tattoo's rather than going for the win.  It would be a bit boring if everyone just did safe tattoos, the show would prefer if everyone either had a massive success or a massive fail.

• Love 1