Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/3/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I didn't see the show today, but I did watch the YouTube clip out of curiosity to see if maybe Meh-gun might've given a shoutout to this forum when she was whining again, lol. No, I don't think you feel what it's like to be hated in the same way as Pete Davidson, McCain. Because most of what's said about Davidson is bitter grapes over his comedy, while most of us hate you for being plain ol' hateful you. I don't feel sorry about what I and other people have said about her one iota because I know none of her DAILY disgusting and unprofessional behavior towards Joy in particular these 2 years has anything at all to do with grief.

You can suck on those crocodile tears, McCain! I honestly giggled when she quoted the "evil media articles" and how they (accurately) described her. You HAVE brought a nasty and toxic atmosphere to this show and in a normal workplace you would have been fired for it already.

• Love 24

Most of the Pete Davidson hate comes from his past relationship with Ariana. When they broke up, most of the blame, assumptions and judgement were made a burden him without any proof that he was deserving of the judgement and criticism he was getting. It was just assumed that he was the fuck up. When Abby was first announced as the replacement on The View, she talks about how she had hateful comments about her before people even had a chance to know her on the show. Now, I'm more inclined to think that if I had read these comments, I would likely categorize these comments as preconceived judgement rather than hatred, but there are cruel keyboard warriors in the world so I also wouldn't find it surprising that some people would say harsh things about her before she had a chance to be her own person on the show. All that said, NEITHER of these situations are similar to Meghan's attempt to call out people for their comments about her. I'm sure she gets some unnecessary hateful comments, as do all of the women, but she brought up comments and articles that are criticisms based mostly on things she actually says and behaviour she actually exhibits.  If you didn't act like a bitch and someone called you a bitch, then I would agree that you had something honest and worthwhile to contribute to that discussion. Instead she made it about herself and was dishonest about how she presented her situation. Get the eff outta here.

Call me crazy but I understood from Natalie's original statement that she was referring not to Jessica hyper-sexualizing herself, but how the media hyper-sexualized her while concurrently pulling the virgin angle. The same way a recent publication got backlash for putting Bobbi Millie Brown on one of those Top 20/50/100 Sexiest celebrities list when she was only 12 years old. Natalie only tried to convey that she grew up feeling confused because of the media's use of their platform to project what is beautiful, sexy and virginal. She's not saying that it was Jessica Simpson's fault for making her confused. Sunny was the most on point with her comments - it's about the power of these industries and how they influence. While I do agree that being more curvy, there is a more assumed sexualization that takes place, Meghan can kiss my ass with her attempt to discredit Sunny's 'curvy' experiences just because Sunny isn't as big as her. THAT is an example of why people call you a fucking bitch, Meghan.

• Love 20
On 12/6/2018 at 1:20 PM, telemachus2 said:

So who was this weird plastic doll?? She had a great message to share re St Jude's Children's Hospital but I truly had trouble focusing, distracted as I was by her odd appearance - no wrinkles/sags, though!  Won't any show biz female allow herself to age gracefully?  

My lifelong friend and I (both in our late 70s) joke whenever we see or read about Marlo Thomas.   We both remember seeing her in a Seventeen Magazine ad (full page) in the mid-50s.  She was looking at china and crystal.  She had her daddy's nose and her name was Margaret.  I think the cosmetic surgery began before she went to college...more than one nose job in the early years.  MarloThomas.jpg.618179a4901d0032799180fec45c1904.jpg

Edited by HaaCHOO
added "mid-50's"
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

She owes Joy and the audience a huge apology, and she needs to just stop in her tracks the next time she feels like abusing her co-hosts on the air.

ChicagoCita, this is a prayer those of us who don't pray should recite every damned day!

1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

Sunny dresses great for her figure, though, and I'd guess that not only is her clothing expensive but that she springs for a good tailor, which can make all the difference.

I think The View's wardrobe department dresses Sunny.  She has such a slim/good figure that most things will look good on her.

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

You HAVE brought a nasty and toxic atmosphere to this show and in a normal workplace you would have been fired for it already.

34 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

If you didn't act like a bitch and someone called you a bitch, then I would agree that you had something honest and worthwhile to contribute to that discussion.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan can kiss my ass with her attempt to discredit Sunny's 'curvy' experiences just because Sunny isn't as big as her. THAT is an example of why people call you a fucking bitch, Meghan.

That was my LAST quote of the day!

• Love 13

Am I the only one thinking hot topics was tepid topics? Not a mention about the funeral at the National Cathedral. 

It annoys me because the producers, imo, were staving off another meltdown and attack by MM.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Am I the only one thinking hot topics was tepid topics? Not a mention about the funeral at the National Cathedral. 

Sorta of a "filler show", likely because they were pre-empted in many cities.  They will talk about Bush  tomorrow.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jewlmc said:
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

So Meghan says she is a size 12-14 and then says seconds later says she is plus size!!!

There is no way she's less.than a size 18.

She's a size 12 in stores where jeans cost $3,700 and a casual dress is $6,400.  Actually, if she demanded it, the dress could be labeled a TWO!

• Love 18
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said she went through puberty at a young age.  14 or 15.  That is late.   It's usually 11 or 12.

She only thought it was a "young age" because she wouldn't let her mother or anyone else talk about that stuff around her.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said she went through puberty at a young age.  14 or 15.  That is late.   It's usually 11 or 12.

Exactly. She said it as though she went through puberty earlier than others, then said 14 or 15.

So Meghan says she is a size 12-14 and then says seconds later says she is plus size!!!

Yes! You can't have it both ways.  The stores I shop at, medium is 10 to 12, large is either 12 to 14 or 14 to 16. 18 is XL, which is where "plus size " starts.

What the hell is she talking about?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Is that considered late? I hit puberty at 14. Granted, this was in the 1960s - I know that nowadays, it's earlier, but even back then?

I did not recognize Marlo Thomas. Waaaaay too much botox or surgery or something. It was not attractive at all.  Poor thing. Why can't people just age gracefully?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

It annoys me because the producers, imo, were staving off another meltdown and attack by MM.

I thought the same thing.  If this is what the show has devolved into it's a shame.  Have to avoid certain topics as not to upset the snowflake sitting at the end of the table.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:
11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I thought the same thing.  If this is what the show has devolved into it's a shame.  Have to avoid certain topics as not to upset the snowflake sitting at the end of the table.

I still think they didn't talk about Bush because the show wasn't on in many cities, not because of Meghan.

I'll be shocked if they don't talk about him today. After all they are "ABC News".

• Love 3

I still think they didn't talk about Bush because the show wasn't on in many cities, not because of Meghan.

I'll be shocked if they don't talk about him today. After all they are "ABC News".

I am shocked!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Kevin Hart did NOT apologize before today.  What he did was make a bunch of excuses, but he did NOT apologize.  He means that shit!

I did not like that Megan bought up Joy Reid's name into this issue.  Joy spoke at length and apologized. I thought it was a hit job by certain people who hate her politics, but, I digress. Kevin Hart is apologizing because he has to in order to keep his job. People should be able to evolve and learn from their past racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic remarks and beliefs.   

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21
13 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Even today, so far at least, I feel like they are making sure not to make any political news front and center to appease Meghan. So far she hasn't had a meltdown so it's a good strategy I suppose, but it's sad that the show has gotten to this point.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I did not like that Megan bought up Joy Reid's name into this issue.  Joy spoke at length and apologized. I thought it was a hit job by certain people who hate her politics, but, I digress. Kevin Hart is apologizing because he has to in order to keep his job. People should be able to evolve and learn from their past racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic remarks and beliefs.   

Except that Hart hasn't evolved. He's said that he's no longer that person/has stopped saying the homophobic shit he has because we are now in "more sensitive times." Not that he's learned-that he now believes what he said/thought was wrong. But because it's a career killer if he continues.

The less said about Meghan, the better. It's no use getting riled up when she brings up "other examples" to make/prove whatever point she's trying to make. Because I expect her to do just that.

• Love 10
Just now, Tosia said:

Actually, I appreciate that they --the PTB--may be avoiding political talk for the time being, BECAUSE MM LOVES that shit.

She fancies herself an expert, so I love that her bailiwick has been extinguished--- for a bit. 

Unfortunately with Mia Love there Meghan's rearing her ugly political head again. She says she and Mia Love view the government "completely different than the rest of the table." Good fucking grief. 

• Love 15

Meghan's obsession with being "all American," and bringing up all the people in her family who served in the military during the ancestry segment, was weird. Whoever told her it was weird is correct. She's so strangely obsessed with her American heritage...

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan's obsession with being "all American," and bringing up all the people in her family who served in the military during the ancestry segment, was weird. Whoever told her it was weird is correct. She's so strangely obsessed with her American heritage...

Let Meghan tell it Lady Liberty herself doesn't love 'Murica as much as she does. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

During the DNA segment- Meghan-"Let's get to the American part".  Yes, Meghan, let's not take the opportunity to learn something.  

Clay Aiken looks odd.

Meghan is so rude. The poor ancestry representative lady awkwardly laughed. It's clear the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top with this one (Meghan)...

Yeah, Clay Aiken's hair is very distracting.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

But what exactly is her "American" heritage?  Watching baseball and eating apple pie?  

All the people in her family who served in the military except her apparently. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except that Hart hasn't evolved. He's said that he's no longer that person/has stopped saying the homophobic shit he has because we are now in "more sensitive times." Not that he's learned-that he now believes what he said/thought was wrong. But because it's a career killer if he continues.

The less said about Meghan, the better. It's no use getting riled up when she brings up "other examples" to make/prove whatever point she's trying to make. Because I expect her to do just that.

I agree about Hart.  He is only doing this to save his career, not because he realizes that he was wrong.  The funny thing is that had he not been given the job to host the Academy awards, nobody would be talking about this.  Fame has it's drawbacks in times like these...

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Even today, so far at least, I feel like they are making sure not to make any political news front and center to appease Meghan. So far she hasn't had a meltdown so it's a good strategy I suppose, but it's sad that the show has gotten to this point.

Why is appeasing Meghan even on the agenda? UGH.

• Love 15