Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/3/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh my heart just bleeds RED bullets for her. Haven't bothered to watch it today. Did Joy show up?

Yep and kept an even flow of chat thus Megan remains all but mute. Thing of beauty. Well she did have to let everyone know that they couldn't talk about guns according to "someone". 

• Love 17

I think Meghan looked extra heavy today.  Maybe it was the braids around her head, the fuller hair  extensions and the print clothing.... maybe it was all of it.

She has no neck, her shoulders are almost at her cheeks.

And I'm not just saying this because I hate her.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Well my first email to Starbucks on their website under company information, drop down box of corporate social responsibility, because the choices weren't great, got a canned response saying sorry we send you too many promotional emails.  Funny, because it starts out by saying "I just finished reading your email...". Obviously they didn't.  More research necessary!!

I'm taking this to the small talk thread.

• Love 2

I cant watch anymore, after seeing Megan blow up at Joy, I just could not deal with Megan's anger & hostility...what an un-professional attitude, I did try to listen today, but again Megan sat there looking huffy & barely contributing to any discussions, although she had to get all miffed that Whoopi would not say "gun"....Megan is proud to say Gun~eye roll, and then she was so obsequious to Congressman Scalise, ugh.   But, I it seems like ABC is happy with her, they like that her blow-ups make the news & go viral.

4 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I really enjoyed the show when Meghan was on her extended bereavement leave. Now that she’s back, it’s just a huge headache inducing shit show. 

It’s quite obvious that Meghan needs therapy in dealing with her anger issues and her grief. It’s obvious that she can’t deal with it by herself. I also think the weight gain we have seen over the past year is related to her anger over her father’s illness. If she is already seeing a therapist, she needs to find a new one!

Thank you PradaKitty….I think the same thing too!  Anger is one of the stages of Grief, but she is having trouble moving on, she really needs to be in therapy to talk out all her issues, and yes, I think her weight gain can be attributed to her anger & grief. 

• Love 10

My STARS! 6 pages deep on Tuesday! My DVR is trying to save me and hiding all of my episodes but as soon as the rest of my house passes out I'm re booting to watch Nov. 25 and yesterday. The clips are amazing and I can't wait to see Joy toss those cards. If only it was a chair in true soap fashion.   Meh has no fucking manners.   

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’m glad Whoopi explained she was sensitive about using the term “smoking gun” with Scalise there. 

I thought that was dumb. "Smoking gun" is a term that has nothing to do with guns or violence. Whoopi bringing attention to it made it "a thing." 

And Scalise is still pro-gun, so I doubt the word "gun" bothers him, much less the term "smoking gun."  When I heard Whoopi explain herself, I just rolled my eyes and thought, "Typical Whoopi..." 

I thought it was as if I avoided the word "french fries" around a my friend that just got dumped by her French boyfriend.

10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

It sounds like they agreed not to talk about guns (because of their guest) & Miss Meggie pointed it out!!!  Hissy little bitch that she is being!!!

I don't think they planned it. Abby even said the word before Meghan.

8 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I am so tired of white cis men citing their main reason for living is their dream of being able to give away their daughter on their wedding day.

Thank u. It's so corny. And I hear it a lot. The men that say this probably think it makes them sound so noble. Gaaaahhhh..

8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm Sunny...I NEVER have pictures of my experiences because I'm so engrossed in the experience that taking out my camera doesn't even register on my radar.

Lol. I'm the opposite. I like to record because I like to rewatch and re-live the moment.  Just last night I was watching some concert footage from last year and I got mad at myself because I didn't get ALL of one particular song. Maybe it's because I don't get a chance to go to too many concerts, living too far away from a major city and all. Texas is big, y'all.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Joy: There's been no other President that has had their own news organization. Whenever he says something Fox News backs him up.

Abby: I don't know if you can say that..

Joy: Okay, but let me finish first.

Abby: Ok.

That's all I want. Joy said her point and then Abby countered and it was all fine and dandy. A proper conversation and discussion without any bad feelings or tension. Just a differing of opinions but a normal conversation.

Right?? It's faint praise, but both Joy and Abby made their points -- Joy was saying how FOX News holds up Trump, and Abby countered that Chris Wallace asked hard-hitting questions in his Trump interview. The best part is that in the background, you could hear MM chirp names of Fox News anchors that she knows (Bret Baier, Harris Faulkner) and neither Joy nor Abby were acknowledging her!

The smoking gun thing made Whoopi look like a stateswoman and Meghan like a fool.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

My STARS! 6 pages deep on Tuesday! My DVR is trying to save me and hiding all of my episodes but as soon as the rest of my house passes out I'm re booting to watch Nov. 25 and yesterday. The clips are amazing and I can't wait to see Joy toss those cards. If only it was a chair in true soap fashion.   Meh has no fucking manners.   

Yeah, if this show's going to full-on Real Housewives, I'm ready for someone to rip Meghan's hair out of her scalp and flip the table on top of her already. Bring on Jerry Springer to play referee. If you want trashiness and disgusting behavior, ABC, commit all the way or not at all!

• Love 14

Well we only got half a show yesterday but it's all good because I did get to see the dust up. GO JOY! Today she went on to BW sweater lol! I guess she must not be a viewer anymore. It is kind of odd we haven't seen her in forever. I can't even recall the last time I have seen BW anywhere. I hope she is well.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I thought that was dumb. "Smoking gun" is a term that has nothing to do with guns or violence. Whoopi bringing attention to it made it "a thing." 

The idiom "smoking gun" refers to incriminating evidence that can't be denied or explained away. A "smoking gun" is one that has been fired so recently that smoke can be seen leaving the gun's barrel; the person holding the smoking gun fired the gun.  

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, suomi said:

The idiom "smoking gun" refers to incriminating evidence that can't be denied or explained away. A "smoking gun" is one that has been fired so recently that smoke can be seen leaving the gun's barrel; the person holding the smoking gun fired the gun.  

Yes. But weren't they using the term in regards to the first definition, evidence? 

• Love 4

I love when people take videos at concerts, and I wish it happened at more Broadway shows because I'll never get the chance to see them myself.  I love drinking wine and watching concerts on Youtube.  Fiona Apple even used audience video as a marketing tool for her 2012 classic "The Idler Wheel".

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Yes. But weren't they using the term in regards to the first definition, evidence? 

Yes, but as Whoopi was speaking to that she remembered that the guest waiting in the wings was a gunshot victim and she made that correlation as she realized what she was about to say. She erred on the side of caution, with sensitivity. I didn't get the impression that she was intentionally creating blowback/a headline but I realize that mileage varies. 

• Love 18

I've been fortunate to be able to go on safaris in Africa. Of course I took photos......but I am with Sunny, more important to be in the moment. And not listen to - I missed that, my camera stuck, where, where, look at that, I'm out of film! 

Be in the moment most of the time - and most assuredly not tweet or check out messages these days, imo.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, suomi said:

Yes, but as Whoopi was speaking to that she remembered that the guest waiting in the wings was a gunshot victim and she made that correlation as she realized what she was about to say. She erred on the side of caution, with sensitivity. I didn't get the impression that she was intentionally creating blowback/a headline but I realize that mileage varies. 

Oh, I by no means think that Whoopi was trying to create a blowback or a headline. I merely think she was being supererogatory. (My apologies if I used that word incorrectly. I blame Meghan.)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:
12 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I am so tired of white cis men citing their main reason for living is their dream of being able to give away their daughter on their wedding day.

Thank u. It's so corny. And I hear it a lot. The men that say this probably think it makes them sound so noble. Gaaaahhhh..

Guess his son knows his place in his father's heart.  Maybe Dad explained that "sometimes we have to say these things to please our constituents."

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I need to ask - what is cis?

From Urban Dictionary:

cis

Short for "cisgender" (opposite of "transgender"), used to describe someone whose gender identity matches their anatomical gender at birth.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Oh, I by no means think that Whoopi was trying to create a blowback or a headline. I merely think she was being supererogatory. (My apologies if I used that word incorrectly. I blame Meghan.)

I think you used it correctly, and I learned a new word!

10 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Right?? It's faint praise, but both Joy and Abby made their points -- Joy was saying how FOX News holds up Trump, and Abby countered that Chris Wallace asked hard-hitting questions in his Trump interview. The best part is that in the background, you could hear MM chirp names of Fox News anchors that she knows (Bret Baier, Harris Faulkner) and neither Joy nor Abby were acknowledging her!

The smoking gun thing made Whoopi look like a stateswoman and Meghan like a fool.

The funny part is that during that exchange Abby mentioned smoking gun first by saying, "I'll say it, it's a smoking gun." But didn't dwell on the gun part since she was making a point.

8 minutes ago, SirFilligryFlirt said:

I would love to watch a one on one debate between her and Joy that lasted more than one small segment. 

It wouldn't be a debate.  Meghan would yell and do whataboutism.  She isn't capable of having a debate.  A debate requires give and take and listening to the other person.  She won't do that.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

All of these articles are free advertising, regardless of the content. Win for ABC.

I understand that, but, any publicity is good publicity.  If the View wasn't in the news the show would be canceled. It's the message within the article that makes the difference. In the case of this article it was pro-Joy.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, suomi said:

That's how I took it as well. I think Meghan was the only one that didn't connect the dots at the table and then with her mumbling, Whoopi felt forced to explain herself more clearly as to why she used 'flute' instead. Without Meghan making it into something, at worse, Whoopi's comments would have just registered as quirky  for anyone who didn't understand why she changed the terminology.

• Love 9
On 12/3/2018 at 11:36 AM, General Days said:

It was the Clean Air Act Amendment of 1990. When Joy complimented the late President Bush and said Tr*mp is trying to undo everything Bush 41 and Obama did and added that were she to become a single-issue voter, it would be on the environment (this is a paraphrase). 

Miss Piggy's Less Attractive sister then whined, "Can we focus on the President (i.e. HW Bush) please. I don't want to talk about Trump." There was some cross talk, but Meghan didn't let that interrupt her interruption, even though some of the crosstalk was Whoopi. She went on to blather something like, "If we're honoring a great president."

Joy tried to reclaim the floor and said, "Excuse me" a couple of times, and started again. "I want to talk the different..."

Meghan continued her interruption: "But I'm not interested in your one-issue voter [something] when the president just passed..."

Joy's voice then rose. "I don't care what you're interested in. I'm talking."

Then Meghan dialed up her shriek setting. "Well, I don't care what you're interested in, either." She sounded like a fucking fourth grader (my apologies to well-mannered fourth graders). 

Then Whoopi cut to break. That's as far as I've gotten. 

What a fucking joke she is. ABC News should be ashamed of itself for hiring this petty, no-talent hack, with the personality of the perpetually hungover. 

The next time NutMeg does this, Joy's only response should be "Little Girl, you've got one more G-D time to tell me what I can and can't say out of my mouth."  Being from basically the same generation, I'm sure Whoopi will fully understand the cultural relevance.

The next time Megan has one of those outbursts, I'd like to see her chair empty after they return from commercial because the showrunners have given her a time out.  Embarrassing her in that fashion may be the only was to extinguish this behavior.  She may even quit the next day.

Reading all the passion here has inspired me to send a link of this thread to ABC, if that's ok.

ETA: Even better - if anyone knew how to get this thread to Joy and Sunny I think it would be great.  They both seem to take their jobs seriously and would probably be very interested in hearing how a representative sampling of the audience perceives their product.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
Added a new thought.
  • Love 22

If it wasn't for the behind-the-scenes reporting I would say that every so often Joy and Nutmeg are told to act this way to drum up publicity for the show.  However, if Nutmeg acts this way after the cameras stop rolling then I guess I'd be wrong.  I do think ABC loves all the attention Nutmeg brings to the show and that's why they'll keep her (unfortunately).

• Love 10
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I understand that, but, any publicity is good publicity.  If the View wasn't in the news the show would be canceled. It's the message within the article that makes the difference. In the case of this article it was pro-Joy.

Right, and it makes the looky-loos (not @lookeyloo) tune in. People who aren't regular viewers tune in to see the fireworks.

12 minutes ago, piano said:

If it wasn't for the behind-the-scenes reporting I would say that every so often Joy and Nutmeg are told to act this way to drum up publicity for the show.  However, if Nutmeg acts this way after the cameras stop rolling then I guess I'd be wrong.  I do think ABC loves all the attention Nutmeg brings to the show and that's why they'll keep her (unfortunately).

There was nothing artificial about that exchange the other day. I'm sad to say I think you're drawing the right conclusion as well.

10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They probably had a day off because of Bush's funeral.  

It's not even on in my market. It's just the funeral. Is anyone getting an episode of The View right now?

18 minutes ago, piano said:

I don't think she's that good an actress.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, piano said:

I think that they do love it, but, I think that Joy reached a point of no return with Megan and Joy has a lot of pull on the show. Megan has to watch herself, if she does something to disrespect Joy again. Joy will leave and I don't think that Whoopie and Sunny will tolerate her any longer. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that they do love it, but, I think that Joy reached a point of no return with Megan and Joy has a lot of pull on the show. Megan has to watch herself, if she does something to disrespect Joy again. Joy will leave and I don't think that Whoopie and Sunny will tolerate her any longer. 

Hell I don't even think Ahhhby likes her ass anymore.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

There's a reason why they wooed begged Joy to come back to the show (and she made them pay for it!) after they fired her. And if I'm not mistaken, that's when the ratings started to rise. If they don't want to lose her, the asshats in charge better stop smokin' what they're smokin'. I have my own theories and have read why they're acting like spineless fools. But that would be off topic.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, General Days said:

It’s  not even on in my market. It's just the funeral. Is anyone getting an episode of The View right now?

Maybe our West coast and Canadian friends?

Edited by Haleth
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There's a reason why they wooed begged Joy to come back to the show (and she made them pay for it!) after they fired her. And if I'm not mistaken, that's when the ratings started to rise. If they don't want to lose her, the asshats in charge better stop smokin' what they're smokin'. I have my own theories and have read why they're acting like spineless fools. But that would be off topic.

I think ABC is misjudging their audience.  Just because loud argumentative shows like the Real Housewives get good ratings and lots of media coverage does not mean people want to see that on the View.  

I once read an article that posited the question why negative TV shows are more prevalent now.  Is it because that is what people want to watch or is it because that is the only choice they have to watch?  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, piano said:

If it wasn't for the behind-the-scenes reporting I would say that every so often Joy and Nutmeg are told to act this way to drum up publicity for the show.

I can see that Joy enjoys a little "friendly" give and take.  She can argue and be teased without hard feelings, but Meghan CANNOT!  Everything is win/lose for her.  There's no moderation in that woman...and someone needs to help her put on the brakes--in every aspect of her life.  

• Love 14
15 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Joy was saying how FOX News holds up Trump, and Abby countered that Chris Wallace asked hard-hitting questions in his Trump interview. The best part is that in the background, you could hear MM chirp names of Fox News anchors that she knows (Bret Baier, Harris Faulkner)

Dear Meghan, please ask your husband to provide statistics for you/us on FOX News coverage.   What percentage is pro-Trump and what percentage "very much push back on him"? (a la Abby)

• Love 14

Since when does Megan decide what topics should be discussed.? She acted like a spoiled brat. Abby sees both sides of topics but if Megan isn’t happy she sits there and broods like a child. I like her but she needs to realize that she doesn’t decide the topics.

• Love 10

Wouldn't it be nice if we all could fill the audience one day?  I'd happily wait for MM to start her shit and then I'd do the <stomp-stomp-clap> while chanting "Let Joy speak!"  Joy would get the reference, Meghan would probably take a while to wonder if we thought we were attending a football game before cluing in on what was being said.  Sing it with me!  <stomp-stomp-clap>  "Let Joy speak!"  <stomp-stomp-clap>  "Let Joy speak!"

Chasing that entitled little pea brain off the stage would fill my cold little heart with Joy.

• Love 22
48 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I can see that Joy enjoys a little "friendly" give and take.  She can argue and be teased without hard feelings, but Meghan CANNOT!  Everything is win/lose for her.  There's no moderation in that woman...and someone needs to help her put on the brakes--in every aspect of her life.  

NutMeg is a spoiled little snowflake that's about two decades away from adulthood.  This is what happens when you let children sit at the grown folks table - they just aren't prepared to handle it.  Which begs a question I've kind of asked before - even though the show is called the View, do we really need two GOP Conservatives on the panel (even though Abby seems to be trying to re-invent herself as a moderate)?  Staying away from politics as much as I can, the two of them still represent what most of the Country does not.  I'm not saying conservatives don't deserve a seat at the table, but there's always Fox News.  I never find DL Hughley funny, but he once said whenever Fox News is on his TV, the whole house physically shifts to the Right. 

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 16