Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/3/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

You know, there have been several times Megs has acted like she's been chastised and is kind of quiet for a day.  But the problem is, it never lasts long.  By tomorrow she'll be back to being a screeching harpy.

True, but, I think that Joy has told TPTB that she will walk indefinitely if Megan continues to disrespect her.   Joy has remained loyal to ABC and has never done or said anything that would trash them. Joy has kept a journal of her experiences on the view, she could have easily written a book and made lots of money, but, she took the high road.  Like Whoopie, Barbara gave her an opportunity and has made a lucrative career on the view.  Megan is just another conservative spouting talking points. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22
52 minutes ago, General Days said:

I wish Joy was in on the Scalise interview, but I think it's probably better for her that she is not. I think Sunny belonged there far more than either of The Daughters though. To have them both and not her makes this feel like pandering. 

For all we know Scalise might have requested Joy not be part of the interview.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

If ABC does not care about the comments they receive about Meghan, maybe our comments need to be directed to the sponsors?  I am not saying a boycott but just letting them know that The View is becoming unwatchable because of the toxic behavior of MM. 

If anyone compiles a list of sponsors, post it here! E-mailing ABC is a waste of time.

• Love 15

I hope to God that Joy does NOT walk away from the View. 

That idiot MM is not worth it. 

MM's got a short shelf life on tv with her disgusting antics, plus she ain't no spring chicken in age or looks, aside her ignorance of manners or history or politics.

• Love 15

I may disagree with Sunny on things but I will always appreciate her input when it comes to the topics that are more legally focused. It's really insightful to have someone that has been in law at the level in which she has served and hear her perspective as an outsider to the case because there's obviously a lot of experience and knowledge that influences her input and takes precedence over her political bias (not to say that there is zero bias...just that it's not the primary factor in her input).

I think Abby totally missed the point of Joy's comments about Fox News. Regardless of individuals who are credible and fair journalists that work there, the station is propped up by the popularity of the likes of Hannity, Carlson and Ingram who are very far right, arguably nationalistic in their personal and political leanings and they have become the face of the station. The credible people that Abby and Meghan mentioned are not in the same sphere of popularity as the ones that I've mentioned. The ones they have mentioned have spoken on air and sometimes share the social media comments they get from viewers, many of which are nasty and discrediting of their reporting and opinions because they don't mirror the Hannity, Carlson, Ingram brand. So yes, there are some good journalist there, but they are not what Fox News is known for. And Meghan shouldn't even be talking because she once claimed that CNN was the biased reporting of the left despite the fact that there are a number of reasonable Republicans that work at CNN (SE Cupp, Ana Navarro), but again, she attributes CNN to the face of the established leftist faces of Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer, etc. She always takes exception to negative comments about Fox News as a station but she does the exact same thing when speaking about CNN.

Kudos to the actor that called Kanye out. I always get annoyed and feel like events and activities are wasted on people who care more about evidence of their experiences than they care about genuinely investing in the experience itself. I'd much rather hear a great story than see a picture. I'm Sunny...I NEVER have pictures of my experiences because I'm so engrossed in the experience that taking out my camera doesn't even register on my radar.

Why wasn't Sunny on during the interview? It made the most sense for her to be there. Interesting Meghan chastised Joy yesterday about bringing up Trump during the Bush segment but her question about Bush to the congressman was asking for him to talk about Bush with specific consideration of Trump's Republican party.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If anyone compiles a list of sponsors, post it here! E-mailing ABC is a waste of time.

I completely agree.  As long as ratings climb, there will be no changes to the co hosts panel.  I've watched this show from its inception.  If Joy goes, so do I.  I recall Barbara Walters commented that this was not a daytime 'Meet the Press' yet that seems to be exactly what has transpired.  While I enjoy an intelligent TV option during the day, it's insulting to viewers to think that TPTB would promote cat fights as a ratings ploy.  I did read somewhere that much more of this show is scripted than one might expect.

• Love 19
58 minutes ago, Stacee said:

Agreed. I feel Rosie gifted Hasselbeck a huge win when she left the show. She was like the cat that swallowed the canary.  If Joy leaves, Mega will be even more insufferable.

Rosie had already said she wasn't coming back for the next season before the "split screen" fight. However, she did give Bitsy the advantage when she left before the season was over.

No one ever paid much attention to Bitsy before that.

• Love 6

I always watch the next day, so this refers to Monday's show.

If anyone grew up with a loved yet problematic dog who bit everyone and was "taken to a nice farm to live", I think it's time for Meghan to "go write her book" (or to go live on that nice farm).

I think it's also time for Greta Monihan to get her own spot in the opening intro as a co-host, I also wonder how someone gets to be a "lifestyle expert" and just how many freaking skin products can she possibly "use EVERY DAY!"? I am also sooooo embarrassed for Sunny to have to work that gig. Can't they force Meghan to do it once? (can you imagine???)

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, musical said:

I did read somewhere that much more of this show is scripted than one might expect.

Oh, it is very scripted. They refer too much to the "morning meeting", Sunny especially. 

Meghan wines, "I thought we weren't going to talk about Thanksgiving".

It would be better if they didn't see each other before the show starts. That is where Meghan starts to get lathered up.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Stacee said:

Agreed. I feel Rosie gifted Hasselbeck a huge win when she left the show. She was like the cat that swallowed the canary.  If Joy leaves, Mega will be even more insufferable.

I don't know how much pride Joy has.  Or how stubborn she is. But I can only hope she won't give Meghan the satisfaction.

• Love 14

As a reminder, do not discuss moderation action in the thread; it violates site policy.

As another reminder, you all know what is on and off topic in this thread. (And if not, please review the PTV FAQs and posting guidelines as well as the pinned mod topics in this forum). If you see someone violating the rules, do not engage and, instead, report the post. 

If you have any questions, you can PM @Princess Sparkle or me.

11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan wants to have a fight like that with Joy, one that will cause Joy to leave.  

We CANNOT let that happen.   I guess I'll start sending personal encouragements to Joy...continually!

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

It's highlighter. All the kids on the YouTubes and the Instagrams are doing it. And they do it a lot better than whoever is slapping the spackle on MM's face.

Re the white in the corner of Meghan's eyes, yeah, it's supposed to make the eyes "pop." I saw a make-up tutorial where they put it on, but it was very subtle and understated, not like Meghan's, which shines so much, it reflects the overhead lighting.  

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Can't they force Meghan to do it once? (can you imagine???)

I can imagine they TRIED!  That would be another great SNL skit.

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is just another conservative spouting talking points. 

reading/misreading comments and statistics hubby* wrote on her blue cards.

(*I really dislike the term; that's why I wrote it)

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Whoopi is really laying it on thick how you can disagree and still get along /like each other. Nice try not buying it. 

Yes, if both parties adhere to the basics of civil discourse - good manners.  Just recalling William F. Buckley and while he espoused a point of view very much counter to my own, I admired his intelligent, penetrating mind and found listening to him worth my time.

Edited by Musical
  • Love 14
54 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Rosie had already said she wasn't coming back for the next season before the "split screen" fight. However, she did give Bitsy the advantage when she left before the season was over.

No one ever paid much attention to Bitsy before that.

I beg to differ!!  I participated in a Blog that was primarily focused on Bitsy (& Sherri Shepherd).

• Love 3

Okay...I'm just past the first commercial break.  Here's a list of all The View's sponsors during the first break.  I'll continue.  Anyone want to do tomorrow?

1. Whoopi Goldberg Holiday Sweaters (before the break)
  2. Progressive (insurance)
  3. Warner Bros. The Mule (movie)
  4. Hershey Kisses
  5. Dove Shampoo ~ Dove Conditioner
  6. Enbrell (prescription)
  7. L'Oreal True Match
  8. Gain Flings (detergent pods)
  9. Starbucks
  10. TJ Maxx ~ Marshall's ~ Home Goods
  11. Oreo Cookies ~ Oreo Candy Bars
  12. Airwick Essential Mist

EGAD!  I was surprised.  I usually fast-forward.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, General Days said:

Because she has a self-inserted thorn in her side, she assumed Whoopi not saying gun was done to make Joy happy, rather than the real explanation -- that Whoopi felt uncomfortable using the metaphorical expression "smoking gun" because a gunshot victim will be one of their guests.

I guess that could happen to anyone. What particularly chaps my ass is that even after Whoopi explained, Meghan chose to remain sullen.

THIS! It’s the first thing that crossed my mind. You’d think NutMeg would want to be sensitive to a member of her tribe. She needs to go.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Okay...I'm just past the first commercial break.  Here's a list of all The View's sponsors during the first break.  I'll dontinue.  Anyone want to do tomorrow?

4. Hershey Kisses
  7. L'Oreal True Match
  9. Starbucks

Yikes, 11 commercials after the show being on for what seems like 5 minutes?

I swear there are more commercials this season!

• Love 17

Commercial Break #2.    I won't list repeat sponsors unless the product is different.

1. AARPMedicareSupplement.com
  2. TIDE
  3. O'Keefe's (lip balm)
  4. Macy's.com
  5. Taltx (prescription
  6. Arm & Hammer (detergent
  7. The Connors (ABC)
  8. The Kids are Alright (ABC)
  • Love 14

NUMBAH THREE ! ! !  

1. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser   (I love these things...but I got generics on Amazon)
  2. Nuplazie (prescription)
  3. ChapStick
  4. TheraFlu
  5. Good Morning America (ABC)
  6. Cox Communications (regional cable provider)
  7. Lerner & Rowe  (accident attorneys; possibly local)
  8. Mutual of Omaha (insurance)
  9. View Your Deal (too many sponsors to mention)
Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 13

Fourth Break Commercials:  

1. Lancome+Macy's  (a combo commercial)
  2. Sensodyne
  3. Dr. Scholls Insoles
  4. Entresto (prescription
  5. Advil Multi-Symptom Cold Medicine
  6. J.G. Wentworth (purchases annuities/structured settlements)
  7. Dupixent (prescription
  8. LUVS (diapers
  9. Local News (ABC)
  10. The Rookie (ABC)
Edited by HaaCHOO
Oops...merged too soon.
  • Love 15

Sick of me yet?   This is it...

There was a commercial within a segment handled by Abby and Meghan:

• GENENTECH + American Cancer Society + CancerScreenWeek.org

Fifth Commercial Break:

1. QuickenLoans.com+HARP
  2. Article.com (furniture)
  3. Arm & Hammer Spinbrush (toothbrush)
  4. SokoloveLaw.com (mesothelioma)
  5. Febreze Fabric Refresher
  6. Stouffer's (Lasagna)
  7. Great American Baking Show (ABC)
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

There is no going back for Joy.  She is done, rightfully so..

I think Whoopi is teetering.  She gives Meghan some "looks" and there have been a couple of fake smiles.

• Love 15

Here's a big KADOOZ!!! ™ (RHONY) to Meghan.  She accomplished what I truly felt was the impossible!   She spoke in a normal female voice, nice tone.  No screeching!  If I hadn't put myself on commercial-break duty, the show would have been a pleasure today.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Orillia said:

I think that Joy talked so much because she knew that Crybaby McCain didn't want to talk to her. The more Joy talked the less we heard from Meghan. Well done Joy.

I noticed that. I watched the show live today. It was on while I was busy doingother things, so I wasn't paying close attention , but it seemed a Meghan heavy show. While she didn't talk much she had 2 segments with only her and Abby.  I wonder if the producers threw her that bone after scolding her for acting like a petulant child.

ETA, Whoopi was there in one segment with Abby and Meghan. 

• Love 4
On 12/3/2018 at 11:33 AM, Orillia said:

Wow ! Who else could turn a tribute to a former president into a shouting match of epic proportions except Miss " I don't want to talk about it and therefore no one else should " McCain. ? I think Joy was about one step away from jumping across the desk and decking her . She barely looked at her the rest of the show unless it was to provoke her as others have mentioned . I guess they won't be going out for after show drinks today. At least not together.

Joy was pissed and I think that one of these days she's really going to give it to her . Let's just hope Whoopi isn't there to stop it . How about this Friday when Ana's there to provide backup ? Not that Joy needs it. I think Ana would love it. 

This is what Im afraid of.  Im afraid of either a situation where Joy finally loses it and does deck or slap her.  Joy is gone, violence in the workplace, and theres Elsa with her shit eating grin.

the otherside where Joy doesnt physically fight but draws the line.  Its either Her or Elsa. Who would TPTB pick?  I know Joy has big cajones, but can she make it to the end zone. Shes got most of us for support.  And theres another side where she says shes too old for this shit and just retires.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SMama said:

THIS! It’s the first thing that crossed my mind. You’d think NutMeg would want to be sensitive to a member of her tribe. She needs to go.

Nah, shes too busy with her head in front of her skis.

Whaaaaaaaaaa?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Whoopi is really laying it on thick how you can disagree and still get along /like each other. Nice try not buying it. 

Very easy to disagree and still like and get along with others. Not as easy to do when once side is disrespectful in the way they receive opinions and communicate their own. I think it would be quite easy for Joy to wash her hands of Meghan when either of them walk away from the show and they are no longer required to be around each other, but I think Whoopi has too much respect for her history with Meghan's family to let her nerves with Meghan on the show get the best of her, however, the shine is wearing off and Whoopi seems to be more willing to openly disagree with Meghan and cut a segment when Meghan tries to dominate and screech over the others.

• Love 14

Well my first email to Starbucks on their website under company information, drop down box of corporate social responsibility, because the choices weren't great, got a canned response saying sorry we send you too many promotional emails.  Funny, because it starts out by saying "I just finished reading your email...". Obviously they didn't.  More research necessary!!

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Very easy to disagree and still like and get along with others. Not as easy to do when once side is disrespectful in the way they receive opinions and communicate their own.

Like when the screeching makes our eyes and ears BLEED!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Okay...I'm just past the first commercial break.  Here's a list of all The View's sponsors during the first break.  I'll continue.  Anyone want to do tomorrow?

4. Hershey Kisses
  7. L'Oreal True Match
  9. Starbucks

EGAD!  I was surprised.  I usually fast-forward.

Would anybody be interested in contacting Sleeping Giants on Twitter?  They actively campaign to get sponsors to stop paying for right wing TV and radio shows.

• Love 7

Meghan says :

"Well, if we're not allowed to, we're not allowed to" (about being able to talk about guns.)

Looks like she's exhausted from the unfairness of it all. 

20181204_170917.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 13