Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/3/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I didn’t get to see the longer clip but it (body language only) looked like Joy said “Don’t you DARE tell me what topic to talk about.” And Mehgan going “I’ll do whatever the fuck I want.” Ugh, Mehgan is off the rails insufferable. It’s getting hard to watch, even for me and I can take a lot of bad tv. It’s to the point now where I just want her to walk off in a giant, stomping huff.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Cementhead said:

She probably was but how could we tell when she wears a perpetual bitch faced scowl every minute of the show from Monday all the way through to Friday?  She goes from Resting Bitch Face to ... well, Resting Bitch Face.  With an occasional squinty eyed death stare thrown in to shake things up. 

She wasn't even mad in this pic, and she still has a RBF.

Also,what's with the white goop in the inner corner of her eyes?

rps20181203_223825.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 10

Maybe we'll all get a huge Christmas present this year and Ms. McCain will leave sometime between now and the end of the year.

Hopefully by the 1st show of 2019 she will be gone!

• Love 14

I wonder if any of this article is true. (It's supposedly what happened when they went to the commercial break.)

It's the Daily Mail, so consider the source.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6455991/The-Views-Joy-Behar-Meghan-McCain-blow-tribute-George-Bush.html

"'This president that we have now is trying to unravel everything that he did and Obama did, and if I ever become a one-issue voter it will be about pollution and the greenhouse effect -' she said before being interrupted. 

'Can we focus on the president, please. I don't want to talk about Trump, we're honoring a great president,' McCain interjected. 

Behar shot back: 'Excuse me a second, please. I want to talk about - ' before McCain cut her off again saying: 'We're honoring a great president who passed and I'm not interested in your one-issue voting.'  

Behar fired back: 'I don't care what you're interested in. I'm talking!' 

McCain countered: 'Well I don't care what you're interested in either, Joy!' before Whoopi quickly called for a commercial break. 

Behar's was then seen slamming her cue cards on the table and turning to sound off on McCain, right before producers cut to break. Producers muted Behar's microphone so that her expletives would not be heard on air. 

But the source told DailyMail.com that Behar threw her hands in the air, yelled 'My God!' and 'Get this b***h under control.' 

'If this s**t doesn't stop I'm quitting this damn show. I can't take this much more,' Behar allegedly fumed.    

Producers ran to the stage in an attempt to deescalate the situation, but Behar continued to rant, the source said. 

'I've tolerated a lot of s**t on this show but I'm at my wits' end with this entitled b***h. Enough already! Enough already! I'm not playing nice any longer,' Behar shouted, despite the studio audience being able to hear it all."

PS.. if it is true , GO JOY!

Edited by ChiCricket
to add a comma
  • Love 21

the "baby it's cold outside"  song -  the radio station was not BANNING the song.  they weren't stopping people from listening to it, or singing it.   The radio station decided not to include it on their Christmas play list.   Great.  It's got nothing to do with Christmas.  IF they hadn't made a big deal of announcing that they were taking it off the playlist, nobody would know. 

• Love 12

I'm no psychologist but does anyone think Meghan is trying to get kicked off the show? (Yes, she could just quit but...)

Her behavior was no different than the student saying something insane to the teacher so they kicked out of class.

• Love 9

I honestly think she is only using the show as a chapter of her political career. She probably wants her father's seat. But she is dellusional.

Today, it seems to me she wanted the support of the publlic when she was admonishing Joy. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

If ABC does not care about the comments they receive about Meghan, maybe our comments need to be directed to the sponsors?

Thanks for reminding me. I've wasted enough time emailing ABC Programming.  I'm going to make a list of sponsors for the rest of the week and send them emails (or maybe!) letters.

• Love 12

I got distracted last week and didn't comment on Sunny's "singing," which she CANNOT...according to Whoopi.   So all these years when her poor little daughter was singing in the car and Sunny was telling her she wasn't very good, it turns out Sunny has a tin ear!  If you can't hear it, you can't sing it.  Luckily, her daughter kept on plugging (schoolmates/teachers must have encouraged her).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, pinguina said:

Does MM really believe that she is more important with a more important opinion (that she has to read from her blue cards) and that they are more valid than anyone else's?? 

She does, and seeing that she's there every day...without a suspension of even one show--lets us know she believes it because it's TRUE!  She's obviously more important than each of the women at the table...and maybe all of them combined.   When she announced on her first day that she was gunning for Joy, the powers that be had approved it!

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

She does, and seeing that she's there every day...without a suspension of even one show--lets us know she believes it because it's TRUE!  She's obviously more important than each of the women at the table...and maybe all of them combined.   When she announced on her first day that she was gunning for Joy, the powers that be had approved it!

she not only said she wanted to fight with Joy, she said, on her first day, how honored she was to be occupying hasselbeck's chair, and expressed admiration for the Bitsy/Rosie splitscreen  incident.   (the one that led to Rosie leaving the show). 

Meghan wants to have a fight like that with Joy, one that will cause Joy to leave.  

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

I'm no psychologist but does anyone think Meghan is trying to get kicked off the show? (Yes, she could just quit but...)

Her behavior was no different than the student saying something insane to the teacher so they kicked out of class.

She does want fired.   That way she can spin it as she is the victim of conservative persecution.  She will never acknowledge her rude behavior towards her cohosts and audience is to blame.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

she not only said she wanted to fight with Joy, she said, on her first day, how honored she was to be occupying hasselbeck's chair, and expressed admiration for the Bitsy/Rosie splitscreen  incident.   (the one that led to Rosie leaving the show). 

Meghan wants to have a fight like that with Joy, one that will cause Joy to leave.  

That's what I am starting to feel like is the plan.  Images of the split screen popped into my head yesterday.  Are we in sweeps right now?  Do tv shows even still have sweeps?  "Sweeps week" = when tv shows crank it up 10 notches and go extra hard for ratings to help boost advertising dollars.  Because I feel like that is what is happening right now.  Shit is getting real!  I think Joy wanted to reach across the table and have a throw down with that bitch yesterday.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

the "baby it's cold outside"  song -  the radio station was not BANNING the song.  they weren't stopping people from listening to it, or singing it.   The radio station decided not to include it on their Christmas play list.   Great.  It's got nothing to do with Christmas.  IF they hadn't made a big deal of announcing that they were taking it off the playlist, nobody would know. 

That is exactly what I thought. To quote a fellow poster "I think the song is rapey as fuck" 😁 but I don't think most people would have even noticed if it didn't get played. It's not about Christmas. 

I don't know if the daily mail article is real but I hope it is. I love the idea of Joy screaming,  get that bitch under control 😂.

I do believe everyone on the show has been treating MM like she's delicate flower because of her father. On top of all the praise she received for her speech at the funeral , she feels like she's running the show and her big ass ego has just gotten bigger.  Remember when she let the audience know she signed on for another year.  She gloated in that sing song voice, "I'm not going anywhere ". 

The show needs to get that bitch under control. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

If ABC does not care about the comments they receive about Meghan, maybe our comments need to be directed to the sponsors?  I am not saying a boycott but just letting them know that The View is becoming unwatchable because of the toxic behavior of MM. 

It is not the differences I have with MM that is the issue for me.  I really like Ana and Abby and enjoy watching them and the rest of the panel respectfully discuss current events.  When Meghan was away this fall the show was enjoyable and fun to watch.  When Meghan is on the panel, she creates such a toxic environment that it leaves me feeling stressed.  Watching MM uncontrolled outbursts triggers PTSD from all the volatile holiday dinners I would spend with my family when I was a child.  Many of you know what I mean.  The feeling of tension in the air when everyone  is walking on eggshells so as not to upset that one toxic person who goes off at the drop of a hat and ruins every family gathering.  This is what it is what it is like to watch the View with MM.

I like Abby and Anna as well, but when has Anna ever had an opinion that differed from Joy, Sunny or Whoopi?

17 hours ago, Cementhead said:

She probably was but how could we tell when she wears a perpetual bitch faced scowl every minute of the show from Monday all the way through to Friday?  She goes from Resting Bitch Face to ... well, Resting Bitch Face.  With an occasional squinty eyed death stare thrown in to shake things up. 

Now, now. She goes from Resting Bitch Face all the way to Active Bitch Face. 

16 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

After years of reading forums (I do miss IMDB) I finally decided to join the conversations.  Retirement means more free time!  I have watched the View since day 1 thanks to VCRs/DVRs when I was working and now live although I always record to avoid commercials and view your deal, just a longer commercial.  

MM has pretty much ruined this show for me.  Almost everything she does and says annoys me. Gads!  Enough with the Evelyn Wood style of reading from those damn blue cards!   And if Joy goes then so do I.  I love her.  

I saw some write they have run out of swear words.  May I offer up one from Dietland?    Cuntch.  If it was in the dictionary MMs picture would be included with the definition.  

Welcome from lurkerdom, @Lifesabeach, and God bless Marti Noxon. 

In re "Baby It's Cold Outside," I understand why it can have a rapey vibe, it can also have a vibe of seduction and/or persuasion. I have way bigger bees in my bonnet these days. While it's not a Christmas song, neither are Jingle Bells, Let It Snow, Winter Wonderland, or any number of seasonal songs.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, jumper sage said:
9 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Also,what's with the white goop in the inner corner of her eyes?

I keep asking the same thing.

It's highlighter. All the kids on the YouTubes and the Instagrams are doing it. And they do it a lot better than whoever is slapping the spackle on MM's face.

11 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

If ABC does not care about the comments they receive about Meghan, maybe our comments need to be directed to the sponsors?  I am not saying a boycott but just letting them know that The View is becoming unwatchable because of the toxic behavior of MM. 

It is not the differences I have with MM that is the issue for me.  I really like Ana and Abby and enjoy watching them and the rest of the panel respectfully discuss current events.  When Meghan was away this fall the show was enjoyable and fun to watch.  When Meghan is on the panel, she creates such a toxic environment that it leaves me feeling stressed.  Watching MM uncontrolled outbursts triggers PTSD from all the volatile holiday dinners I would spend with my family when I was a child.  Many of you know what I mean.  The feeling of tension in the air when everyone  is walking on eggshells so as not to upset that one toxic person who goes off at the drop of a hat and ruins every family gathering.  This is what it is what it is like to watch the View with MM.

I worked at a company where the environment was like this, except the toxic person was the owner/ceo. The whole day was contingent upon his mood, and when he was in a bad one, he was in a BAD one, and all of us as employees felt the wrath. It was awful. And yet, I ALMOST get why we had to deal, because he was the one who signed our checks. For the life of me, I don’t understand why they keep Meghan on. What’s the benefit? She is nasty to everyone, and makes everyone uncomfortable, she has no extra pull in terms of getting guests on...I just don’t get it. The ratings can’t possibly be that much better since she’s been on, and now that both Abby and Ana are there on a regular basis, she is completely unnecessary. There are not one but two conservative Republicans on the panel, and both of them are capable of having a conversation and disagree without their head exploding from rage and sitting there pouting when they don’t get their way. I don’t want Joy to leave either but I honestly wouldn’t blame her if she did. She’s almost 80 and has had a lucrative entertainment career...why should she have to put up with that bratty bitch? Let the Trumpsters bask in their “victory” is she does decide to say “fork this shirt” (tm: The Good Place) and walk. Her health and peace of mind is more important than The View.

I think I’m done with this show too...I’ve been watching since 2001 and vibe has never been this bad. There were disagreements but the tension now is palpable through the TV, it must be worse in person. It’s not what it was and it’s uncomfortable to watch. I’ll keep coming here to see if anything of substance happens or if one of my fave celebrities are on, or simply because all of your comments are awesome 😎 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Kenz said:

It's obvious that Meghan McCain is in need of therapy. I suggest she leaves the show, goes back to Arizona, and finds a good psychiatrist. She is definitely disturbed. 

If the show loses Joy because of her, the ratings will plummet, and ABC will look like the fools that they are. I'll never watch again if Joy leaves The View.

I agree. And I won't be boycotting. I just won't be interested. 

• Love 9

Do you think Meghan will come on the show today and say after seeing how I acted yesterday and everyday that I know this is not Meghan's View and I apologize to everyone and from now on I will try to act more like Ana?  What are the odds of this happening compared to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny coming to your house.  Also, if this happens it means we are not watching ABC but more like the SciFi channel because the aliens invaded her body.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

Do you think Meghan will come on the show today and say after seeing how I acted yesterday and everyday that I know this is not Meghan's View and I apologize to everyone and from now on I will try to act more like Ana? 

Has hell frozen over?  Nope, I think she will bask in the glow of the articles that had her "shutting down" her nemesis. Of course those articles didn't mention how rude and unprofessional that was on a show where exchanging views is the objective. 

Ok, so today she’s going to pout and snark instead of shriek. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

Joy: There's been no other President that has had their own news organization. Whenever he says something Fox News backs him up.

Abby: I don't know if you can say that..

Joy: Okay, but let me finish first.

Abby: Ok.

That's all I want. Joy said her point and then Abby countered and it was all fine and dandy. A proper conversation and discussion without any bad feelings or tension. Just a differing of opinions but a normal conversation.

Unfortunately, Meghan dampened the mood soon after.

Fun story, I'm watching the show and a Cheezy family member cam in and said, "Is Meghan angry yet?"

• Love 18
47 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

Do you think Meghan will come on the show today and say after seeing how I acted yesterday and everyday that I know this is not Meghan's View and I apologize to everyone and from now on I will try to act more like Ana?  

I'm watching right now and not a single peep about her inexcusable behavior yesterday. She is, however, getting snappy with Joy about the Fox News journalists who "push back" on Trump and about how she doesn't live her life in "hypotheticals" (idk if that was directed to Joy or in general). Once again, she seems like she has a stick up her behind. Maybe she should start pouring a few shots of whiskey in her cup so she can loosen up?

I agree with everyone who said she needs to get off the show and seek therapy. A wise old woman once told me to stop frowning so much or my face will get stuck like that. This will be Meghan if she doesn't stop scowling and rolling her eyes at everything.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is very subdued and Joy is talking up a storm letting Megan know that she has power.   

What was up with Megan's exchange with Whoopie?  

Subdued but still has an attitude imo.

And idk what that was about.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is very subdued and Joy is talking up a storm letting Megan know that she has power.   

Meghan McCain is a resentful little girl. I make it a point not to refer to adult females as "girls," but as women, but this twit is a resentful little girl.

She's also not the bright. I think the other day, someone (maybe not even Meg) said something about guns in the course of the conversation, and Joy did says something like, "Here we go with the guns again," or something.

Meghan is so fricking primed to take offense, that she isn't even aware when it hasn't been given.

Because she has a self-inserted thorn in her side, she assumed Whoopi not saying gun was done to make Joy happy, rather than the real explanation -- that Whoopi felt uncomfortable using the metaphorical expression "smoking gun" because a gunshot victim will be one of their guests.

I guess that could happen to anyone. What particularly chaps my ass is that even after Whoopi explained, Meghan chose to remain sullen.

That tells me Meghan got a good talking to after yesterday's episode, and she's still stinging because of it.

YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER MEGGY? QUITTING. RIGHT NOW. MID-SHOW. QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Love 24
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It sounds like they agreed not to talk about guns (because of their guest) & Miss Meggie pointed it out!!!  Hissy little bitch that she is being!!!

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

A wise old woman once told me to stop frowning so much or my face will get stuck like that. This will be Meghan if she doesn't stop scowling and rolling her eyes at everything.

They say once you hit 35 you get the face you deserve.  In Meghan's case she better get used to that unflattering scowl.

• Love 7

Yeah, Meghan tries to cast blame on Joy - "well if I"m not allowed to say gun", and "two days ago there was something brought up about guns, and it was said - oh, guns again!"  

(Not exact, because Miss mumble-mouth spit out the words too fast, then sipped her tea/bourbon, whatever she's got in that cup.)  

And then, as Whoopi tries to wrap it up, Meghan KEEPS MUMBLING.   Whoopi couldn't be happy about that.   I think that of all the annoying things Meghan does, that is the worst - the passive-aggressive mumbled comments almost under her breath WHILE OTHERS ARE TALKING> 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

It sounds like they agreed not to talk about guns (because of their guest) & Miss Meggie pointed it out!!!  Hissy little bitch that she is being!!!

I don't think so. I think that's what Meghan thought, but Whoopi not saying gun because Scalise will be on was just Whoopi being Whoopi. She even said it was her own thing. You could tell Whoopi has had it too with Miss Meggy, by the way. That smile she gave Meghan while she explained herself, was the fake smile of I-am-tolerating-your-shit-because-it's-my-job-but-I'm-being-pleasant-for-the-audience's-sake. 

I wish Joy was in on the Scalise interview, but I think it's probably better for her that she is not. I think Sunny belonged there far more than either of The Daughters though. To have them both and not her makes this feel like pandering. 

• Love 19

Steve Scalise brought up bombs and knives as a means for terrible people to commit crimes. I'm sorry for what he went through and I'm glad he's okay but how many people are bombed/knifed to death in comparison to being injured and/or killed because of guns?

Edited by Alexis2291
didn't get my point across the first time
  • Love 19

It does seem like Meghan was spoken to about what happened, because today she's hardly spoken and sounds sad when she does. It works for the show, since the others do have chemistry and can continue fine, but I do hope that Meghan feels better and just learns to listen more than yell.

• Love 5

I noticed that Joy and Meh-gun never spoke directly to each other today. Well, usually it's Meh-gun screaming as soon as Joy starts to talk, but you get what I mean.  Joy acted like normal while Meghan barely spoke during Hot Topics. I wonder if TPTB finally told Meggie she's not allowed to speak to Joy at all if she doesn't know how to act like a professional adult, and that's also why they separated the two during the guest spots.

• Love 17