Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/3/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I just can't stand to her screechy, immature, thin-skinned ass

I just can't stand to her screechy, immature, thin-skinned BIG ass (just needed to add that)

Meghan brings out the worst in me.

• Love 14

Ditto, @OnTime.

@GHScorpiosRule, I commend you for keeping up with us, even though you're not watching this shit show. 

2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is the level of disrespect that she shows Joy that really bothers me. I think that Joy is done with Megan and the dinner that Megan wants to happen between Joy, herself and her husband will never happen now. Joy has never lost her cool with anybody on the show, until Megan. 

Yeah. Meghan knows Joy is a favorite target of the right (witness Kid Rock calling her a bitch on Fox News). Also, last week, maybe on Friday, Joy made a mild wisecrack about Meghan. I can't even remember what it was now, but it was funny and lighthearted and it did not sit well with Meghan. Joy even then made sure to say she was just joking. I imagine Meghan stewed on that all weekend and was just waiting to strike. 

I've run out of curse words. 

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Meghan waited to blindside Joy and attempt to make her look bad live on air.

As far as I'm concerned, Meghan is the one that looks not only bad, but reveals (on a continued, day-to-day basis), how immature, petulant, childish and ill-equipped she is to handle this job.

2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I just can't stand to her screechy, immature, thin-skinned BIG ass (just needed to add that)

Meghan brings out the worst in me.

I was going to put in "ARSE" m'self, but wasn't sure if that was allowed.

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh we all know this has nothing to do with climate change and everything to do with Meghan attacking Joy in any and every way she possibly can.

Yep. It’s exhausting. Meghan’s sole position on the show is to take down a liberal, specifically Joy and she fails every time. 

But she's feeding red meat to Trump's base.  I really, really hate this idea, but I wonder if the show, along with Meghan, are hoping these attacks are luring over the Fox News crowd.  They know that demographic hates The View and Joy especially, and every time Meghan has a go at Joy she's touted on Conservative web sites and made to look both a victim and a Conservative hero.  I have no evidence other than nothing is done to rein Meghan in, and she's extremely confident in her position on this show.

24 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

The faces on Sunny, Abby and Whoopi....Even though Sara's new show isn't doing well, I'm sure she's happy that she doesn't have to deal with this anymore.

Wow!  I looked away when Whoopi sent them to break, but here I can see that I really missed that Joy and Meghan went at it pretty aggressively while they were cutting out.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

But she's feeding red meat to Trump's base.  I really, really hate this idea, but I wonder if the show, along with Meghan, are hoping these attacks are luring over the Fox News crowd.  They know that demographic hates The View and Joy especially, and every time Meghan has a go at Joy she's touted on Conservative web sites and made to look both a victim and a Conservative hero. 

This has been my theory all along. Not to get too off topic but it’s relevant to the point - remember when Whoopi talked about how upset Jeanine Pirro was because Joy wasn’t there on the day she was a guest? Well, Jeanine attacked the next best thing - Whoopi. And conservative media ate it up. Well, Meghan targets Joy everyday because, as you stated, it draws in a particular audience, one that wouldn’t normally watch this show. 

• Love 23
15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Wow!  I looked away when Whoopi sent them to break, but here I can see that I really missed that Joy and Meghan went at it pretty aggressively while they were cutting out.

Wow!  They sure did!

Oh no!  They cut away before View Your Deals!  How will we know what to buy everyone for Christmas without Greta Monahan telling us what everyone wants?

• Love 14

Guys: Watch it with the personal politics. If you're referring to the President, please refer to him by his name—spelled properly and avoid using any pejoratives. 

7 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I HATE how The View does this nearly every day.  There is some kind of Meghan related food fight, Whoopie goes to break, then they come back supposedly all sunshine and lollipops.  And the previous screaming match is never addressed. 

It’s incredibly frustrating. Thankfully @WonderWuman73 (I hope I tagged the correct person) cleared up some speculation as to what really happens when they cut to commercial break after a blow-up like what we saw today. The way Joy looked when the camera panned out is a pretty good indicator that their exchange continued off camera IMO. 

• Love 13

My sister told me yesterday about the "Baby it's cold outside" ban. RBM so stupid she did not know what it was about...saying she just thought it was cold.....anyway. Personally I love the song and both singers are flirting and being coy...cute song. But to solve the problem why not use a wonderful version performed by Lady Gaga and Joseph Gordon Levitt where they switched the roles so Gaga sang the traditional male part and Joseph sang the female part.

Look it up on you tube to see them performing it..it's lovely. If anyone know the radio station send it to them

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

But she's feeding red meat to Trump's base.  I really, really hate this idea, but I wonder if the show, along with Meghan, are hoping these attacks are luring over the Fox News crowd.  They know that demographic hates The View and Joy especially, and every time Meghan has a go at Joy she's touted on Conservative web sites and made to look both a victim and a Conservative hero.  I have no evidence other than nothing is done to rein Meghan in, and she's extremely confident in her position on this show.

But I don't think Trump's base watches The View, nor will they come in support of Meghan McCain. Still The View has done well in the daytime ratings without Trump's base. ABC earns nothing by sacrificing Joy. 

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Oh, to still have Star Jones on the show....she would have sliced and diced that bitch, all with a smile and a wink.

Maybe we need to make a call.......lol

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

I was going to post this, but you beat me to it! I definitely noticed she slightly turned her back so she was facing Whoopi and Abby, and away from Meghan.

She's ticked!   She also took opportunities to "correct" Mrs. Know-It-All a couple of times...one when she was describing "a train going through 'a hole'," in the movie "Vertigo."  Joy quietly said, "That was "North by Northwest."  I'm TICKED TOO!  How much is the little princess allowed to get away with?

• Love 21
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Yeah. Meghan knows Joy is a favorite target of the right (witness Kid Rock calling her a bitch on Fox News).

When they were talking about this last week, didn't Meghan blather on about that attacking one of them at the table was like attacking all of them or something like that???

So it was a problem when Kid Rock attacked Joy, but it is ok for Meghan to do it?

• Love 19

And when/why/how did "Baby It's Cold Outside" become a Christmas song?   It's "seasonal" only because there's snow...not because there's Santa Claus.

The reports I read were simply that some station decided it was "inappropriate" for radio play because it was "suggestive."  EGAD!  Do they not listen to today's lyrics?  

• Love 10
On 12/1/2018 at 8:56 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Why is Ruben coming on the show?

Ruben and Clay have a "Christmas Show" starting Friday.  It runs for three weeks in New York City's Imperial Theater.

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

F*** you, Meghan. You don’t run this show or decide what other people get to say.

I worry that she DOES run the show.  She hasn't been shut down yet, no matter how much we complain--or to whom.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And when/why/how did "Baby It's Cold Outside" become a Christmas song?  

News to me!! It was just an old song before it got traction for the "date rape" lyrics. If you just read the lyrics, you might get that thought, but when you see the couple singing, and even just listening to her voice - they are being coy and playful, like Poohbear617 said. And a Christmas song? Nope.

I think Meghan was going to make the point that the panel should focus on H. W. Bush and not go off topic, out of "respect" for President Bush. The nation had a full day to mourn yesterday. People will have the opportunity to watch all kinds of specials, and it will be all over the news this week. In fact, the last fifteen minutes of the show in my area was pre-empted by an update on the proceedings. It is not necessary for The View to be so solemn. They all said nice things. I was wondering if anyone would "go there" in regards to the sexual misconduct allegations (not anything new - ones from the past) but they didn't. I think NutMeg was looking for an excuse to fly off the handle. 

I was distracted by the obvious inner eye highlighter. And WTF Abby's outfit!! 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

News to me!! It was just an old song before it got traction for the "date rape" lyrics. If you just read the lyrics, you might get that thought, but when you see the couple singing, and even just listening to her voice - they are being coy and playful, like Poohbear617 said. And a Christmas song? Nope.

I think Meghan was going to make the point that the panel should focus on H. W. Bush and not go off topic, out of "respect" for President Bush. The nation had a full day to mourn yesterday. People will have the opportunity to watch all kinds of specials, and it will be all over the news this week. In fact, the last fifteen minutes of the show in my area was pre-empted by an update on the proceedings. It is not necessary for The View to be so solemn. They all said nice things. I was wondering if anyone would "go there" in regards to the sexual misconduct allegations (not anything new - ones from the past) but they didn't. I think NutMeg was looking for an excuse to fly off the handle. 

I was distracted by the obvious inner eye highlighter. And WTF Abby's outfit!! 

I think that's what she was trying to do as well, but Whoopi introduced the topic by comparing Bush to Trump. Even Abby kind of eluded to the fact that Bush could handle the press while Trump can't. She didn't say Trump's name, but it was clear what she was trying to say. Then when Joy was saying how she liked the clean act bill and Trump is ruining things. I think the moment Joy spoke about climate change that's when Meghan flipped.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh we all know this has nothing to do with climate change and everything to do with Meghan attacking Joy in any and every way she possibly can.

Yep. It’s exhausting. Meghan’s sole position on the show is to take down a liberal, specifically Joy and she fails every time. 

Every time she does this to Joy I think about what Omarosa said Trump wanted from her when she went on The View. He wanted her, and Judge Janine, to take down Joy. Joy is Trump’s Achilles, his followers hate her and feed on this stuff.  MM is a great water carrier for his tribe. 

On the other hand, if I were Abby I would not get into a discussion regarding the Bush’s time in China. 

Abby is pregnant, I’m betting my cheap wine on it. I called it a few weeks ago.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Joy was pissed and I think that one of these days she's really going to give it to her . Let's just hope Whoopi isn't there to stop it .

• Let's just hope Whoopi isn't there to stop it. 
  • Love 11

Meghan claims to love America yet acts like a dictator.  Obviously she didn't get the memo that actions speak louder than words.

She needs to go on leave again...when she was gone..we had 4 adult women having discussions without a toddler acting like she missed her nap.

Also, people are too nitpicky about holiday songs and specials.  things have changed since those days so instead of criticizing them, be glad we have evolved in some ways.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 18

What find offensive about “Baby it’s cold outside “, “Blurred Lines” (?) and others is that it perpetuates The whole notion of “YOUR LIPS SAY NO BUT YOUR EYES SAY YES”. It’s a dangerous message to send to men and women. 

Whoopie needs to shut the hell up. Premarital sex is not a new invention. 

• Love 15

Does anyone have the link to that ABC feedback page?  TIA.  

The answer is to switch Sara and MM.  Sara will bring the laughter back.  Do you remember the good ol days when there was fun and laughing.  That can come back again, it can happen.  MM would be much more suited for GMA Days.  Michael can bow out gracefully, like hes been want to do.  And bingo MM has her sole show,  like she has always wanted.  Then it can be cancelled one month later heehee.  Ok now, i know this sounds like some cheesy sitcom, truer than it seems.  This is a personal note, to TPTB at ABC network.  

you may want to start watching your show, because people are leaving in droves and you may want to know why.  When i think of ABC, its of professional nature, a trustworthy source.  But this woman, Meghan McCain has destoyed the View.  She is so filled with toxic rage, it just permeates out and brings everyone down.  She is very unprofessional to say the least.  Yes, she is still grieving, i understand.  But she has had plenty of time and hasnt even attempted to move on.  I think its now time to make it a personal issue, off air and off the show.  I believe you can recover your viewers, but she has got to go.  Remember, a companys employees are supposed to be a representation of what the company brings to the table and wants to be known as and this isnt it.

Have a good Day

25 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I just sent Meghan a tweet calling her a rude, shrieking harpy.  I would be honored if she blocks me.

Hah!  Do keep us posted!

• Love 13
39 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

M. McCain is ruining the show for me.  I don't know how Joy keeps from walking off the stage, except that I think she doesn't want to give McCain the pleasure of her doing that.  McCain asking Sunny "you were a virgin?" was completely inappropriate.  She would spit nails if someone asked her a question like that.

I don't mind someone having a different point of view, but she is just plain mean, nasty and rude.

I missed most of the show after Meghan started screaming.  In what  context did Sunny being a virgin come up?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I missed most of the show after Meghan started screaming.  In what  context did Sunny being a virgin come up?

Sunny was talking about her female family members preparing her for her wedding night, and that was linked to the song because Grandma told her to say: Baby it's cold outside!  Buy NutMeg interrupted and exclaimed: were you a virgin!  Sunny looked coy, and Joy told her she didn't need to answer that because NutMeg won't talk about her own sex life.

• Love 15