Type keyword(s) to search

Caroline: Wounded Bird or Twitter Thug in a Floral Print Skort

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

She's at it again. Threatening to break her contract. Apparently she was recording Kate yelling at her from inside her cabin. Not only does she need friends to edit her tweets, she may need good legal advice as well.

Edited to add: She just deleted the tweet about breaking her contract. 

But she is still being kooky.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

ok..............

Wait... I thought Captain Lee was her "Cappy" just days ago - now she's excited to watch him "destroy himself" What the ever living flock is going on in her noggin? Sweet lawd... Jeebuz take the wheel and all that jazz. And once again - stuff like this is why she is incredibly unreliable as a narrator to what "really happened" behind the scenes. One moment she is metoo-ing Capn Lee, next she's treating him as a cuddly father figure calling him "my cappy" and now he's going to bury himself and she's overjoyed with glee... I just can't... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

Early in the episode, Kate makes a veiled sarcastic comment to Caroline that 'next charter it'll be shingles! '.

I'd forgotten this. In light if her revamping history, i bet this is what she's referring to when she says kate yelled she had herpes. She is the most unreliable narrator i've seen. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I'd forgotten this. In light if her revamping history, i bet this is what she's referring to when she says kate yelled she had herpes. She is the most unreliable narrator i've seen. 

I think that Caroline had to look up what shingles is after Kate made the comment and when she saw “herpes zoster” she thought Kate was saying she had the STD strain of herpes. Caroline seems to be that dumb and that ready to claim any sort of victimhood. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Caroline's twitter account was offline this morning (not 'protected') as if the account was deleted.

But it is back now.  I see she has gone from 7000+ followers to 18.

ETA, what?  If you got to the followers page there the 7000+ are, weird.

And, note, her first post back is a rah rah one for Laura.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 1

The most dangerous thing about this social media frenzy is for those that don’t get it, who believe it’s real, who don’t understand that most of these “fans” consider Caroline, for example, to be a step above a car accident and eventually they’ll all return to normal speed. The show will continue  and then the season will end and beyond the reunion episode, Caroline won’t have any new or pertinent material. Eventually it’ll just be Caroline and I don’t think many will stick around for just that act. It’s personalities like hers that are like that nervous chihuahua again, who just wants attention, good or bad and thinks they’re both equal. Right now 85% are shaking cans of pennies at her and she’s replying in kind. I hope she knows what she’ll do when that stops. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

What did she say on WWHL??? Bravo TV drama gives me life during nursing school finals. I caught up on the Twitter rampage via this thread last night but I see she has unprotected her tweets again so I can go see for myself- and then some. Boo yah!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Nothing, really. She called in during the aftershow by identifying herself as "Suzy from Nebraska" and once she got on the air, tried to get Captain Lee's goat, but Andy basically disarmed her immediately. He did refer to her *twice* as "Carolyn", and was corrected by her, but she ended up trying to kiss his ass by telling him she made him a pipe out of a shofar (a type of horn used in Jewish ceremonies, ooooh she's so edgy). I linked it below.

Now her twitter fans are enabling her by posting various football-spiking-type victory memes, as though she actually accomplished something. Really sad, and I hope this is about the end of it.

Edited by bref
  • Love 12

Wow, that was something.  Was she drunk?  High?  Cuz she clearly tricked them by getting a call through, but then fumbled the ball.  And Andy was obviously able to foil her attempt to call out Captain Lee.  She’s such a mess.

Also, did she call Andy a —— Jew?  WTF?!

• Love 10

Is it safe to assume that her 15 minutes of fame are just about done?

ETA:  I would love to see a big metal rolling door come down in front of her - kerchunk - and a neon sign light up saying, "Time's up! You're done!"

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 7

On the WWHL Aftershow, Andy said he was interested in meeting her at the reunion, so....don't shut that big metal door yet.  Previously she had said she wasn't invited, and that she wouldn't go or show up if they weren't going to pay her to go.

No way, imo, can they put her on the reunion show.  But I can see a limited and edited phone call interview with her, where they can pretend to let her have her say, and then 20 seconds of Kate and others explaining she was kookoo for not working and they were desperate to have her leave immediately once she wasn't working. Kate could just conclude "I guess she wasn't mentally able to figure out to unlock her door and leave, too bad."

• Love 5

The difficulty with having someone like Caroline is that she has decided that anything and everything is about her and I feel fairly confident she’d overpower the reunion show. I mean, sure, Rhylee would talk over everyone as well, but with Caroline, I just don’t think she’ll be able to handle any of it and no way could Andy control that. I’m just imagining every word out of Kate’s mouth, whether directed at Caroline or not, will just send her spinning faster and faster until she morphs into the Tasmanian Devil and take the whole set down. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, bref said:

Hopefully, Bravo's legal department will discourage Andy from having her on the reunion. We know he has no internal ethical guide that would stop him.

I would hope they would have her Skype in for a few minutes. They could control her that way. We need a little bit of crazy. 

• Love 6

I say invite both Caroline and Chandler to the reunion.  They were full-time cast members, and both brought a lot of drama, so why not?  If the call-in to the WWHL aftershow is any indication, Caroline will probably chicken-out on saying anything really explosive.  And even if she does, they can either contradict her or spin it differently, or just edit it out altogether.  

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, bref said:

Hopefully, Bravo's legal department will discourage Andy from having her on the reunion. We know he has no internal ethical guide that would stop him.

8 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I would hope they would have her Skype in for a few minutes. They could control her that way. We need a little bit of crazy. 

11 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

The difficulty with having someone like Caroline is that she has decided that anything and everything is about her and I feel fairly confident she’d overpower the reunion show. I mean, sure, Rhylee would talk over everyone as well, but with Caroline, I just don’t think she’ll be able to handle any of it and no way could Andy control that. I’m just imagining every word out of Kate’s mouth, whether directed at. aroline or not, will just send her spinning faster and faster until she morphs into the Tasmanian Devil and take the whole set down. 

I don't know why Bravo would try to exclude Caroline from the reunion. Their contracts exclude the cast from suing the network, producers, show and cast. The contracts allow the network and producers to make up lies about the cast on camera. Bravo has also managed to sidestep a murder (Kandi's former fiancee), suicide (Russell Armstrong), drug addiction (Kathryn Dennis and Kim Richards), and numerous assaults.

The real issue is if Caroline decides to go wild and you can't keep her on message. However, Bravo has increasingly hired security for the reunions. These guys could just bar her from the stage, while filming her flipping out. At this point, Bravo only has an issue if she tries to bring a weapon on set because it's quite clear that Bravo couldn't give two shits if she or anyone else tried to kill themselves. Furthermore, if she wants to blah blah an increasingly incoherent diatribe, they'll just keep filming and edit it into something semi-coherent for airing.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know why Bravo would try to exclude Caroline from the reunion. Their contracts exclude the cast from suing the network, producers, show and cast. The contracts allow the network and producers to make up lies about the cast on camera. Bravo has also managed to sidestep a murder (Kandi's former fiancee), suicide (Russell Armstrong), drug addiction (Kathryn Dennis and Kim Richards), and numerous assaults.

The real issue is if Caroline decides to go wild and you can't keep her on message. However, Bravo has increasingly hired security for the reunions. These guys could just bar her from the stage, while filming her flipping out. At this point, Bravo only has an issue if she tries to bring a weapon on set because it's quite clear that Bravo couldn't give two shits if she or anyone else tried to kill themselves. Furthermore, if she wants to blah blah an increasingly incoherent diatribe, they'll just keep filming and edit it into something semi-coherent for airing.

Exactly.  It’s so easy to say incendiary things on Twitter, behind a keyboard, but saying it live, in front of those you’re accusing, is another matter.  Calling Kate an alcoholic?  Or a coke-head?  Calling out Captain Lee for not “scrutinizing” her three-page list of grievances?  I just don’t think she’ll do it.  Or succeed at doing it.  I think she’ll try to address her claims of abuse, but Kate and Josiah will dispute it, or put it in a different context, and then they’ll move on.  At worst, they’ll have to engage in one of those fake-Housewives-reunion-type apologies for the music playing, and then it’ll be over.  I just don’t see what the show or Bravo have to fear.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Oh I fully believe that, if there’s a reunion show, they’ll be sure to invite her. The stink that Caroline would throw if she isn’t invited might actually be worse and Andy salivates over this kind of drama, especially if it’s at the expense of real psychological issues. But I do see her being a problem in this sort of situation, as I said. I think Rocky has better self control, funnily enough, but we’ll see. They might only bring Caroline and Chandler out for a portion of the show since neither finished the season. I AM curious how strong Caroline’s words will be without her “fans”. 

• Love 8

I wouldn't mind seeing Chandler on the reunion. Hoping he'll watch the episodes and realize what an incompetent tool bag he was. Hope Caroline is not there. She was a mess on the show, a bigger mess on Twitter and doesn't need another platform for her delusional rantings. Also don't need her to take her imagined slights from the reunion back to Twitter. She should seek help and just go away.  They don't even have to mention her.  They can hang up on her if she calls in again as Suzy from Syosset or wherever.  Only in my dreams, I know.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ah yes, true. I was stuck in WWHL mode and was imagining a live reunion, which of course will not be the case.

Nevertheless, I would expect the Bravo legal team might have a more conservative approach to televising the continuing breakdown of a reality "personality" than Andy. You are correct that they would certainly be within their rights contractually to do just about anything, but allowing a clearly mentally ill person to be put in a situation that might well make her worse and her behavior more unstable seems like something they would want to avoid. 

Then again, it's Bravo. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

I would think she’s a liability, from a litigious perspective, contract legalese or not. 

She really isn't. Maybe if she's dangerous and hurts someone. But even then, I don't think anything we've seen of Caroline indicates that she's a danger to others. She seems to be more likely to direct it inwards. Furthermore, we haven't seen any evidence that Caroline has a violent or angry streak in her. And it's a little unreasonable to expect that Bravo do a full psychological assessment after principal photography has wrapped and before the reunion for a show that is basically about maids on a boat.

I have my doubts that she could even find an attorney to represent her. Even if she did, I suspect the lawsuit would be dismissed. And even worse because there doesn't seem to be anything actionable from her time on the ship, Bravo might ask for her to pay their legal fees. It's happened before when other reality tv stars had lawsuits that weren't meritorious.

There very few successful lawsuits against production companies and networks even when there's a serious bodily injury, rape, overdose, accidental death, suicide or murder. And when I say few I mean few, like maybe a dozen over the past 30 years and it's not like people haven't died. There have about 2 dozen reality participants who have died over the past 10 years. They usually have security and a medic on the set. I think that's probably the extent of Bravo's due diligence.

Defamation and misrepresentation suits have been thrown out of courts. Bodily injury suits have been thrown out. Caroline is not a "liability" in any legal sense of the word because her contract doesn't really allow her to be. These indemnification clauses are basically boilerplate and used in most, if not all, of the reality tv show contracts. What's more, they've been successfully defended dozens and maybe hundreds of times.

The only "liability" that Caroline may pose is a business/ratings liability. If she's at the reunion and comes across as clearly fragile and disordered and neither Andy or the crew will let up on her, it actually might do damage to the show. But legally, she has no fucking prayer. 

• Love 5
On 12/6/2018 at 5:10 PM, HunterHunted said:

I would like to exclude Caroline because she’s just not enjoyable to watch or listen to. At the beginning it was amusing, like a carnival act. Now that it is obvious that she has serious mental health issues, it just seems exploitative. There is no way going on the reunion will be a win for Caroline. Not allowing her the opportunity to further debase herself is a kindness. 

• Love 17

@HunterHunted, I meant a liability from the perspective of slander, libel and the possibility that her crazy accusations could hurt the Brand/business/ratings, not that she's a physical danger to anyone. I also was a bit surprised that Andy was so kind to her when she called in. Normally he's not that kind to folks who he deems bad for BravHo, but he totally played her tete a tete, which surprised me.

• Love 2

Not a lawyer, but might there be some legal liability in terms of Caroline's accusations about drinking and drug use by employees on the ship, which I assume are in violation of maritime law? That has nothing to do with their Bravo contracts. I'm just spitballin' here. Obviously, the larger problem is a public relations one, as others have said.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Her father's an attorney, so if the mental defect is hereditary, she's pretty well covered in that respect.  ;o)

Well, if he hasn’t advised her to get off Twitter and to not harass former guests and famous people, then I’m going to say she doesn’t have the best in her corner. 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, bref said:

Not a lawyer, but might there be some legal liability in terms of Caroline's accusations about drinking and drug use by employees on the ship, which I assume are in violation of maritime law? That has nothing to do with their Bravo contracts. I'm just spitballin' here. Obviously, the larger problem is a public relations one, as others have said.

Hearsay about recreational drug use or drinking isn’t an issue. Bravo has already aired accusations of drinking by crew and drug use by guests without an issue.

• Love 4

@gingerella I think Caroline could have done some damage to the show had Kate acted like she did with Amy or even her worst reactions to Rocky, Sierra, and Jenderella's gross incompetence, entitlement, stupidity, and attitude. However, Kate has been unusually tolerant with Caroline. Even on Caroline's last day, Kate was kind of an asshole as was Caroline. It was sort of a wash.

Furthermore, Caroline has been hinting around about some ill shit that went down and how she was treated and...there...was...NOTHING! Caroline has alleged that Kate is both drinking and using cocaine, which has met with mostly yawns from the audience. As @bref suggested, allegations of drinking and drug use are probably violations of maritime law. However, Caroline once again has no proof of anything. She doesn't have pictures, a text, or a recording. Right now she comes across as an unstable disgruntled former employee. She's throwing around allegations which cannot be proved about Kate using drugs, poor treatment, and a secret cabal that seems intent on doing Kate's bidding. Caroline has been unable to prove anything. 

The only credible claim Caroline has is that production never should have cast anyone as unstable and unwell as herself, but this is a strategy Caroline will never use. Unfortunately, it's the only one with any merit.

• Love 12

They don’t always have a real below deck reunion in the multipart segments that they have for the housewives.

If they do they should not invite Caroline because they can not control her. They don’t know what she will say. You don’t want to mess with the “unknown unknowns.” 

She can reveal lots of secrets. Even make some stuff up. That’s a real possibility. Sure she can’t prove it. But Bravo can’t disprove it either. So accusations and scandals will just lay there. Poising the show.

They would be wise to not give her a platform.

• Love 1

I hate to be an asshole, but Caroline has no power or mechanism to control how she comes across in the reunion no matter how uncontrollable she is.* Bravo has only made the live reunion mistake once. It was Miami and they'll never do it again. Everything else is taped and edited. The closest thing to that was Jill Zarin's WWHL one on one interview where she was psycho and paranoid enough that she secretly taped the entire interview. Jill wanted to be on reality tv so badly that the threat of never allowing her back on Bravo and doing their damnedest to blacklist her from the industry was enough to get her to play ball. Caroline may not be susceptible to that same type of pressure. But if New York isn't a one-party consent state, I have no doubts that someone who works for Bravo or production will sure as shit be reporting her to law enforcement.

Caroline is a wild card, but I don't think she understands that not only does she not have a winning hand, she has a single card to play. She is playing a game where she has a single card while Bravo and the production company have the other 51 cards. People who are far more familiar with the gamesmanship and manipulation of reality tv have still managed to fuck themselves over by pushing back: Phaedra Parks, Kathy Griffen, Thomas Ravenel, Jacqueline Laurita, and Jill Zarin. Caroline can make all the allegations she wants, but as long as Bravo has editorial control she's SOL. They can frankenquote her to high heaven and use ADR to undermine her. They can splice in weird shots of her or the cast to make Caroline seem less sympathetic. For example in a package on Ashton nearly getting killed, they can edit in a shot of Caroline rolling her eyes even if it never happened in that moment.

Yeah, Caroline might be hard to control, but they have the ultimate control which is editing. Is Kelly Killoren Bensimon as batshit crazy as she came off on RHoNY? I don't know, but she's had a hard time undoing that perception for people outside of New York.

*That's slightly untrue. If she gives them absolutely nothing to work with (nothing crazy, paranoid, belittling, or defensive) that's the only way to truly screw with the edit. I don't think she's capable of that.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 14
30 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I hate to be an asshole, but Caroline has no power or mechanism to control how she comes across in the reunion no matter how uncontrollable she is.* Bravo has only made the live reunion mistake once. It was Miami and they'll never do it again. Everything else is taped and edited. The closest thing to that was Jill Zarin's WWHL one on one interview where she was psycho and paranoid enough that she secretly taped the entire interview. Jill wanted to be on reality tv so badly that the threat of never allowing her back on Bravo and doing their damnedest to blacklist her from the industry was enough to get her to play ball. Caroline may not be susceptible to that same type of pressure. But if New York isn't a one-party consent state, I have no doubts that someone who works for Bravo or production will sure as shit be reporting her to law enforcement.

Caroline is a wild card, but I don't think she understands that not only does she not have a winning hand, she has a single card to play. She is playing a game where she has a single card while Bravo and the production company have the other 51 cards. People who are far more familiar with the gamesmanship and manipulation of reality tv have still managed to fuck themselves over by pushing back: Phaedra Parks, Kathy Griffen, Thomas Ravenel, Jacqueline Laurita, and Jill Zarin. Caroline can make all the allegations she wants, but as long as Bravo has editorial control she's SOL. They can frankenquote her to high heaven and use ADR to undermine her. They can splice in weird shots of her or the cast to make Caroline seem less sympathetic. For example in a package on Ashton nearly getting killed, they can edit in a shot of Caroline rolling her eyes even if it never happened in that moment.

Yeah, Caroline might be hard to control, but they have the ultimate control which is editing. Is Kelly Killoren Bensimon as batshit crazy as she came off on RHoNY? I don't know, but she's had a hard time undoing that perception for people outside of New York.

*That's slightly untrue. If she gives them absolutely nothing to work with (nothing crazy, paranoid, belittling, or defensive) that's the only way to truly screw with the edit. I don't think she's capable of that.

But those of us who are owe it to the public to be the best damn Asshole we can be.

Thank you for your insight. 

• Love 5
On 12/6/2018 at 5:17 PM, langford peel said:

As far as the reunion goes they should follow Kate’s lead. Just exclude her and make fun of her. Why treat her or Chandler like they are human beings for crying out loud!

That is totally against the mean girls code!

18 hours ago, langford peel said:

They don’t always have a real below deck reunion in the multipart segments that they have for the housewives.

If they do they should not invite Caroline because they can not control her. They don’t know what she will say. You don’t want to mess with the “unknown unknowns.” 

She can reveal lots of secrets. Even make some stuff up. That’s a real possibility. Sure she can’t prove it. But Bravo can’t disprove it either. So accusations and scandals will just lay there. Poising the show.

They would be wise to not give her a platform.

So which?  Invite her because only evil Kate would not want Caroline treated like a human being or exclude her because her appearance there may resemble her Twitter nonsense?  

• Love 4

Obviously the first post was sarcastic with a whole lot of truth. They should not invite her because she will not do herself any favors and not come off well. But the mean girls will be unecessarily cruel and really come off poorly too. Sure they can edit but if they edit out all the nasty bits directed at Caroline they will be left with about a minute of film of her flubs, mistakes and bad behavior. It is very unlikely that they will allow her to defend herself effectively so what’s the point?

Just trash her behind her back. That’s just Andy Cohen’s speed.

• Love 1