Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: We're Going to the Catskills!

• Start Topic

On 12/12/2018 at 7:45 AM, millennium said:

I watched the rest of the episode and found nothing to mitigate my original impression.    It's feeling more and more like The Marvelous Mr. Weissman.   I loved Tony Shalhoub in Wings (his first appearance, as a waiter in an Italian restaurant, was priceless) but find him unbearable here.

I just YouTubed this. Thanks. The clip is hilarious! Then I watched the clip when he was learning how to dance for the first time. I laughed so hard, I was crying. Shaloub was hilarious!!!

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, luvthepros said:

I just YouTubed this. Thanks. The clip is hilarious! Then I watched the clip when he was learning how to dance for the first time. I laughed so hard, I was crying. Shaloub was hilarious!!!

Wings is where I got to love Tony Shaloub in the first place. But I'll have to watch those clips again. Thanks for the reminder

I enjoyed this episode. The resort looks lovely and quaint, and I want to stay in that house on the lake with its sunroom! Imagine spending two months there every summer. Actually a summer of drama at one of those resorts could be its own show. (I'd watch.) But if Amazon is pouring money into this show, then this was a fun way to spend it. I liked getting to see Midge, Rose, and Abe happily enjoying themselves together.

Zachary Levi is an interesting arrival on the scene. His character's personal philosophy of staying away from people is obviously supposed to be wrong. But I don't know whether that's setting him up to be wrong for Midge as a result, or just ripe to fall for Midge and to find it impossible to stay away from her. Either way I like seeing him in 1950s clothing, or what I think of as 'old man clothes'.

I could see parallels between this show and Gilmore Girls, but I hadn't realised until now that if Midge is Lorelai, then Susie is Luke.

Edited by Kirsty