Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

(edited)
10 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Um, a banker?  Maybe a bank teller.  And one who behaves so badly that she has to be separated from her coworkers and ostensibly the public as well?  How.......mature.

She answered a comment:

What do you mean “banker”?

mykeltip

@vicki_glueckert loans and accounts basic things a banker does

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

Maybe it's just my age showing, but is it really a good idea to take a photo of yourself in your place of employment and then justify it with #thecameracan'tseemymonitor?  First of all, she's taking selfies while she's supposed to be working, and based on her own comments, she shouldn't be taking photos at work anyway.  And especially working in a bank, she and her crazy might be looking for a new job.

• Love 20
25 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Seems like the pawn shop gig didn't last, wonder why?  Too much dicking the dog during work hours?  Too many visits from FT?  Since the owners were Kootie's especial friends, Mykelti probably thought she could screw off whenever.

I have either forgotten or they never did cover why Mykelti left school and LV to go to St. George to work in the pawn shop or if she did attend school there and started as part-time at the pawn shop.

Were they trying to shoo their "wild child" away from the big city distractions of Vegas and hoped to tame her down in a community heavy on the plyg. lifestyle ?  

Maybe they were trying to remove her from the influence of that bewildered young man that attempted to put hormones in her mouth...but look what that move led to...Taco Breath FT.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Maybe it's just my age showing, but is it really a good idea to take a photo of yourself in your place of employment and then justify it with #thecameracan'tseemymonitor?  First of all, she's taking selfies while she's supposed to be working, and based on her own comments, she shouldn't be taking photos at work anyway.  And especially working in a bank, she and her crazy might be looking for a new job.

And the "implayingsolitar" hashtag - spelling issues aside, that really could get her reprimanded if not fired.

• Love 11

"I'm a lot to handle," she says.  Well, good for her.  So why doesn't she just adult the hell up and NOT be a lot to handle?  She's got the Snowflake Syndrome just about as bad, if not worse, than her big sister Mariah.

• Love 21
On 1/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, Sandy W said:

I have either forgotten or they never did cover why Mykelti left school and LV to go to St. George to work in the pawn shop or if she did attend school there and started as part-time at the pawn shop.

Were they trying to shoo their "wild child" away from the big city distractions of Vegas and hoped to tame her down in a community heavy on the plyg. lifestyle ?  

Maybe they were trying to remove her from the influence of that bewildered young man that attempted to put hormones in her mouth...but look what that move led to...Taco Breath FT.

From what they said on the show Mykelti left school (UNLV) because "school is hard". Piecing it all together from different couch talks it seems that Christine said a hi ho hell no when Mykelti wanted to move back home.  It went something like..."if it was just a pause that would have been fine, but not a move back for good to do nothing (meaning no school)"  Mykelti wanted to move by herself to Seattle and Kody said hi ho hell no because he didn't have the money to move her there and Mykelti wouldn't have the money to move back.  It seemed like she wanted to "get out and grow up" or something because they referenced her living with Aspyn and Apsyn stated along the lines of she was too mothering to Mykelti. SO. The big decision was for her to work for the LDS friend of Kody's who owned the Pawn shop in St. George (and live in an apartment he also owns) and be on her own for 6 months then they all expected her to just magickally grow up and come home and go to school like a good girl. Instead Mykelti hooked up with the local LDS kids and met Tony and that  is that.  Married. Crazy Ass wedding and Tacos.  Who will ever forget the Tacos!!

When I see Mykelti use the title "Banker" to describe her job...all that pops into my head is "I do not think it means what you think it means..."

• Love 19
On 1/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, Sandy W said:

From what I remember from one of the previous season's "Tell Nothing" Mykelti dropped out of college because it was "too hard/too much work" so Christine didn't want Mykelti loafing around the house doing nothing and sent her to St. George in the hopes of learning responsibility (working part time/her own basement apartment), and then she meets Tony. I wonder if Christine regrets sending her to St. George...

*chuckles*

18 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

From what they said on the show Mykelti left school (UNLV) because "school is hard". Piecing it all together from different couch talks it seems that Christine said a hi ho hell no when Mykelti wanted to move back home.  It went something like..."if it was just a pause that would have been fine, but not a move back for good to do nothing (meaning no school)"  Mykelti wanted to move by herself to Seattle and Kody said hi ho hell no because he didn't have the money to move her there and Mykelti wouldn't have the money to move back.  It seemed like she wanted to "get out and grow up" or something because they referenced her living with Aspyn and Apsyn stated along the lines of she was too mothering to Mykelti. SO. The big decision was for her to work for the LDS friend of Kody's who owned the Pawn shop in St. George (and live in an apartment he also owns) and be on her own for 6 months then they all expected her to just magickally grow up and come home and go to school like a good girl. Instead Mykelti hooked up with the local LDS kids and met Tony and that  is that.  Married. Crazy Ass wedding and Tacos.  Who will ever forget the Tacos!!

When I see Mykelti use the title "Banker" to describe her job...all that pops into my head is "I do not think it means what you think it means..."

Whoops, @Roslyn! If I saw your post, I wouldn't have added mine. :-)

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Thanks to both of you @Roslyn and @giaNtsandYankees.  I can recall those conversations clearly now that you have jogged my memory.  Much appreciated.

I echo the thanks, I also couldn't remember the specifics.

I'm not sure how I feel about Christine not letting Mykelti come back home. On one hand I understand not wanting to coddle your kids, but on the other hand, would letting her come back (with firm rules in place about employment, helping out, etc.) have been so bad? My three siblings all moved back home at least once, and in fact my brother lives with my father now, and my nephew did too until joining the Air Force last year. Plus, one of my sisters moved in with me and my husband after getting a divorce a few years ago.

It obviously depends on the family and the individuals, but we've had all kinds of different living arrangements within my family. Luckily, we are all very close and get along well for the most part, lol.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Christine not letting Mykelti come back home. On one hand I understand not wanting to coddle your kids, but on the other hand, would letting her come back (with firm rules in place about employment, helping out, etc.) have been so bad? My three siblings all moved back home at least once, and in fact my brother lives with my father now, and my nephew did too until joining the Air Force last year. Plus, one of my sisters moved in with me and my husband after getting a divorce a few years ago.

I wonder if Christine regrets it now.  It might have been better to have Mykelti close by where she could keep an eye on her than to let her go off on her own and things ending up the way they did.  It's a tough call.  I can understand not wanting to coddle kids too, but Mykelti was clearly a loose cannon and could have gotten into all sorts of trouble on her own.  They're lucky her getting hooked up with FT was the worst of it.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I wonder if Christine regrets it now.  It might have been better to have Mykelti close by where she could keep an eye on her than to let her go off on her own and things ending up the way they did.  It's a tough call.  I can understand not wanting to coddle kids too, but Mykelti was clearly a loose cannon and could have gotten into all sorts of trouble on her own.  They're lucky her getting hooked up with FT was the worst of it.

Man, but that's a pretty bad sort of trouble, if you ask me - Christine decides to not let Mykelti come home and instead Mykelti marries a slovenly control-freak who demands that Kody take out a loan from the Bank of Hellz No to pay for their December 400-guest wedding and grand taco-strewn reception and then she gets a job where she posts selfies and will surely not last because, as Mylekti herself says, "I'm a special brand of crazy."  That tough love decision didn't work out so well for Christine.  Although I get what Christine was trying to do with her flighty daughter, I also recall all of the adults saying that of all their kids, Mykelti was the one they worried about the most, so pushing her away and into the sweaty arms of FT probably keeps Christine up at night...and if/when Mykelti gets pregnant, she'll be tied to the moron who gleefully beat her in effigy at their reception.  Definitely not a win.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23
On 1/15/2019 at 9:16 AM, laurakaye said:

She has an open Instagram account and should be very careful doing these things.  My husband and my son both have rules in their companies that spell out that they can not in any way post anything about their companies.  Even if they don't name them...doesn't matter.  Posting a photo and stating they are "at work" would be dismissal.  My husband can't post anything that remotely has any logo of his company, so no selfie of him in a work uniform etc.  I once posted a casual photo of my dog and you could just make out his trucks logo in the background and he was paranoid so I took it down and edited it before reposting.  Even if her bank branch is a small one, they are owned by someone much bigger and there are people employed to just sit and scan for this kind of thing.  It's a very stupid and immature thing to do.  Judging by what she posted she is quite a distraction to other employees. She may have gone all those years ago to St. George to "grow up" but sadly I don't think she has one bit.

It's funny that the discussion of Mykelti moving to Utah came up.  I have been working in my son's old room getting it fixed up and painted and I can only do things slowly so it's taking awhile.  My husband bought a television for us (haven't bought one in more than 18 years) and he set it up with all my streaming options in one place.  I put on this season of sister wives to play in the backgound to listen to and so its all fresh in my head when it came up on here. lol

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I echo the thanks, I also couldn't remember the specifics.

It obviously depends on the family and the individuals, but we've had all kinds of different living arrangements within my family. Luckily, we are all very close and get along well for the most part, lol.

Yea...I have the same misgivings about Christine.  I would love to hear more of her justifications about that.  My son wanted to move out the second he got his first part time job, but he saw close friends struggle to cover rent and food etc with their jobs and so he stayed home and saved money instead.  Once he moved up to full time and overtime at work he did find what he thought would be a good match to move in together.  In  conversations we talked about how you can think you know someone but you learn you don't know them until you live with them.  He stuck out that full year because he signed a lease, but he had to move home after.  For anything to detox from what became a crazy roommate nightmare.  He was ready to move out again as soon as he found a better roomie, and he chose more wisely this time.  I can't imagine saying no to my child at any point in their lives. My daughter is in the last semester of university and itching to be on her own. Home will always be their safe place to come to when it gets nuts out there, no matter their age. 

• Love 14
On 1/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, ginger90 said:

staceface6813

@mykeltip what do you do for work? Just curious. 😘

mykeltip

@staceface6813 I'm a banker

I live in St George and I know what bank it is (not sure if I should post or if it matters). Right now St George is undergoing massive change again. The city is growing and jobs are plentiful. Getting a job at a bank as a teller or a customer service rep is so easy today because of the low pay and so many jobs avialable. My son looked looked for a job about 18 months ago here, his options were $8-9 an hour, mostly retail or food industry and nothing was full time or benefits. It also took a bit of searching to find any job. Now 18 months later, employers are so desperate , my son was filling out an online application, he did not even finish and they called and offered him a job on the phone. We went to a staffing agency and he had 4 jobs offers of $14 or more on the spot. My son is offered jobs at the grocery store or the drive through window, frequently, I have never seen hiring like this. This is for my son who just graduated high school and was starting college, no experience except an unpaid internship. I checked on a local job board, it is fascinating to watch people say I need a job and see employers fighting for a worker within a few minutes. I checked the bank jobs and since they pay lower, they are not filled fast. Of course some people go for the title or hoping to move up, but young people will jump on a warehouse job for $16 an hour over a bank paying $10. Plus the cost of living jumped. It hurts to see single moms begging for a chance to rent a room for $700-800 a month. $15 a hr sounds good to young people here but when rent is $1400 for a one bedroom or buying a house in a safe area costs close to 400k, $15 is not getting you much. I know where Myketi lives and if she was able to buy it right after she got married then it would be okay but if she is renting or bought it recently, it would be costly on a "banker's" salary (and her husband's). 

I just feel sad that she ended up in St George. She seem to like art and fashion and had dreams. Fine if she wanted to get married young but why not go live in a cool youthful city and still either try for your dream or at least be in a place where you can do things you enjoy? St George has nothing for fashion or the arts. the "arts" here are a few pioneer museums and playhouses that are geared for the retirement crowd. 

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I like that statement. :-) My Mom always told us they were there for us whenever we needed "a soft place to land" (after a hard bounce!)

However...after age 18 if you weren't in school, you paid rent. Your laundry stopped magically getting done on its own, because you're not a kid anymore. You better have a job if not in school because...rent! The rent was pretty reasonable of course. The rent went away and Mom's free laundry shop opened back up if you went to school!! :-) I worked until I figured out what I'd want to major in, and once in college the perks at home were pretty good!

It's easy to second guess Christine when we know the outcome was "married to FT" (gag)...but hind sight is 20/20, as they say.

However, if Christine and Kody did this mainly to force Mykelti back into college, they need to get real. The brat can't spell to save her ass. Seriously, who let this girl even graduate from high school?

She not reddy for skewl and a digree, and pribaly not a lot of grate jobs for people who wanna play solitar and take pitchers all day.

Lord. I don't know which is worse, the stupidity or the immaturity. Oh, and the arrogance..."I'm a banker". God she's unlikable.

Having kids in the Utah education system, I can see how Mykelti could fall through the cracks and transferring to Vegas right at the end was no help either. She graduated from an alternative program. Also remember he early schooling was home school by her mom.  My kids go to what is consider not only the best high school in our district but is rated in the top 5 in the state of Utah. A's are handed out like candy and what you need to graduate is a joke.  Remember to religion is taught in public school so if you are not Mormon, it is another free class or fluff class like dance for men or film watching or sports for life. 4.0 is the highest you can get, no extra for honors or AP or college classes. I'm a numbers person, so these are the numbers, a 82 out of 420 kids had a 4.0 during high school 280 out of 420 had above a 3.75(if you get a 3.75 or higher you get free state college so teachers are pressured to make sure kids get a 3.75 by parents) and their average ACT score was 19!  They just hand out A's. I tried to get some real teaching a few times for my child that had a medical condition but they just handed him an A. I fought it, I fought them giving my child an easy A, I sat in a room with 10 people for hours, and still just given an A. I can't imagine Christine asked or fought for any extra help. I know Robyn did not, trust me Robyn's education choices for Dayton make me more upset. Mykelti will be fine here in St George. As I posted before there are plenty of jobs. She would be smarter to be working in a warehouse type job or in entry level healthcare where you get higher pay and raises and better benefits but I think she will be okay at the bank. Retirees use investment firms, locals with money go to small local run bank, and  the college crowd barely touch a bank, the vast majority of home loans are run via 2 local companies so her bank is pretty dead. My husband has an account there and it is only because 3 local credit unions went out of business a few years ago and he wanted an emergency back up bank for his business so he opened a small account. It was so dead when I was there with him they asked us to be witness to the notary service because no one else was there. 

• Love 7

A bank with no business seems just the thing for her because:

4 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

She not reddy for skewl and a digree, and pribaly not a lot of grate jobs for people who wanna play solitar and take pitchers all day.

The only ambition of Mykelti and Pudge (along with Sludge who has apparently adopted the Brown Family penchant for grifting-referencing the fake ESA scam here) seems to be to get their pitchers on social media as often as possible.  Eddycashun be damned - we'll get paid by shilling crappy products on Instagram and selling LuLaNo on Facebook.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I know Robyn did not, trust me Robyn's education choices for Dayton make me more upset.

What choices did Robyn make with Dayton?  I'm curious about Dayton because I thought he had some sort of autism but I don't recall them talking about it on the show.  He's in college now right?

• Love 1

I love how she smugly states "He's MY man", like anyone else on the face of the planet would want him! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yeah yeah yeah, Mrs. Kermit the Frog, he's all yours. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Scrolling down the page and being surprised by a close up of FT was very unpleasant. I won't lie, I flinched a little! It's like my eyes tried to run away from the hideousness, but found they could not escape from my head, so they quickly snapped shut instead! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

OMG!  I think that must be the WORST picture I have ever seen of him!

They both look like they've added 50 pounds.  I wonder if "the banker" is pregnant and FT is having a sympathetic pregnancy or just a taco stand worth of tacos?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I love how she smugly states "He's MY man", like anyone else on the face of the planet would want him! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yeah yeah yeah, Mrs. Kermit the Frog, he's all yours. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Scrolling down the page and being surprised by a close up of FT was very unpleasant. I won't lie, I flinched a little! It's like my eyes tried to run away from the hideousness, but found they could not escape from my head, so they quickly snapped shut instead! 

Honest to God, when I first glanced at that pic I thought it was an ugly woman until I did a double-take and saw the chin fuzz and realized it was FT.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Whatever the thread name becomes, it should be heavily misspelled. ;-)

Although I'm sure Mrs. Padron thinks she's qualified to be a member of the "bored of educayshun".

If anyone needed more education, it was her! But instead she quits school to marry a jackass who makes her into a human pinata at their wedding.

Mykelti the human pinata...maybe someone can make something out of that. :-) Sorry, I messed up, that should probably be spelled "pinyada".

• Love 7
On 1/20/2019 at 12:15 PM, ginger90 said:

C0B72F5B-D6F1-44AB-8078-3BB751B41D55.jpeg

He looks like a doughy, greasy ball of repulsiveness.  He’s like some of the men on my 600 pound life who get more feminine looking the heavier they get.  He’s well on his way to a spot on that show, too. Hope he doesn’t drag Mykelti with him. 

• Love 19
On 1/20/2019 at 9:04 PM, deirdra said:

They both look like they've added 50 pounds.  I wonder if "the banker" is pregnant and FT is having a sympathetic pregnancy or just a taco stand worth of tacos?

Well, she's not coloring her hair that awful black...........

• Love 6

24C891C4-1F00-4392-8E17-23058E98BADD.jpeg

mykeltip

What happens when I get bored in my giant closet (my bedroom with multiple z racks) I have a passion for layers and mixing patterns which is why LuLa is life #mydogwansthappybecausemyclothesgotattentionnothim
#lularoesarah #lularoemaddison #lularoeirma
#ihavesomuchrangeofoutfitsnow #lulapatternmixing#patternmixingisawesome

• Love 1