Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ginger90

Mykelti

On 5/10/2019 at 9:23 PM, deirdra said:

I grind together a 50:50 mix of French Roast and Breakfast Blend whole beans - I prefer the taste to either one on its own.  I also find that coffee machines that use cone filters make better coffee than basket filters - I think the hot water stays in contact with the grounds longer.

I do this myself, exactly the same blend in a Melitta unbleached cone filter.  What a coincidence!  And since I'm not working I buy the beans at Home Goods for less than anywhere else, even Wally World.

I haven't been to a Starbucks in years unless someone treats me.  It was one of the first things I eliminated after I was wrongfully terminated from my corporate job.  And yes, I pursued a lawsuit and won.  Too bad now I'm not being hired for another job because of age discrimination, which I am told by my Linkedin network is a "very real thing".

The fact that the taco twins got a HELOC means that they actually have enough equity in their home to get one, which is interesting.  I had one that was good for 10 years and then could have refinanced to renew the line but not having a job eliminated that option, not that I would have wanted to get into more debt anyway.  I'm sure that Tony is thinking of all the angles to keep the two of them afloat on a raft of other people's money.

I am LOL that the old granny floral tops are in now with the young'ns.  Just when even us oldies started to think that look was dated, it comes back.  Fortunately I still have a lot of floral "career tops" I can recycle.

My beef with charity and judgment is more with the constant nudging by cashiers everywhere to donate when you're at the checkout.  I've taken to telling them that I have other ways to donate to charity, which I do.  I've never had a garage sale - it has all gone to the Salvation Army, or a close friend and his family that are in need.  Of course if I don't get a job soon I might have to rethink that.

• Like 12

Grande iced dirty chai tea latte from Starbucks for me, thanks!  (and I feel like such a poser whenever I order...like I want to turn my own hose on myself and get off my own lawn).

And I am still laughing at how she put her bookshelves "next together."  Between organizing her books and sticking on her nail art du jour, she must be exhausted at the end of the day.  Thank goodness FT knows how to cook chicken cordon "blue."

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And I am still laughing at how she put her bookshelves "next together."  

Apparently she has just discovered what people who read a lot of books have been doing in their home libraries for centuries 😉

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Apparently she has just discovered what people who read a lot of books have been doing in their home libraries for centuries 😉

She wants to have a "liberry" just like dear old mom's.  She can then counsel friends and family with her words of wisdom.

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2019 at 8:09 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Holy crap. This is not my idea of chicken cordon bleu!! What appears to be bacon, cheese, and white rice lovingly served on a layer of paper plates. The only thing missing is the ranch dressing.

I think this explains why they've both grown sideways. 

292B7ECA-D3F3-4B45-9B83-93E1E0C1B59D.jpeg

That chicken cordon BLUE looks like chopped up corned beef on rice with a mountain of cheese melted over top.

I think Fat Tonys cordon blue..........  Blows!   😲

And what's up with the paper plates... Are they too lazy to wash 2 plates?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Heart attack on a plate, BLUE style!  No wonder they're both tanks.  No chicken visible.  Chez Tony, that's a fail.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Heart attack on a plate, BLUE style!  No wonder they're both tanks.  No chicken visible.  Chez Tony, that's a fail.

Exactly... it doesn't look the least bit appetizing.

It looks like they've followed Janelle's lead and keep all the curtains pulled shut... Ugh!

It looks so drab and dark plus it probably smells of old tacos and stinky feet.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

That chicken cordon BLUE looks like chopped up corned beef on rice with a mountain of cheese melted over top.

And it must weigh a couple of pounds - there are at least 2 paper plates under that mess.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

42 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly... it doesn't look the least bit appetizing.

It looks like they've followed Janelle's lead and keep all the curtains pulled shut... Ugh!

It looks so drab and dark plus it probably smells of old tacos and stinky feet.

I think that's chicken thigh meat...

Oh and good call on the drawn curtains. I'm sure as soon as Tony gets home from work they close the curtains, turn on the TV and flop on the couch. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

That they would even post that is unbelievable, but sadly telling.  It's an abomination to all things culinary.  Cordon BLUE (sic) indeed, you're gonna BE blue in no time after eating that hot mess!  I suppose the Great Value paper plates round out the presentation fittingly.  It goes along well with the trash kwizeeen.  (Note that I would have said "trailer trash", but I didn't want to insult all the much higher class people that actually LIVE in trailers).  Speaking of Walmart, if they keep eating like that pretty soon they'll be that 400 lb. couple riding around in the motorized carts looking for the Velveeta.

Maybe they should use that photo as part of their application to get on "Worst Cooks in America" celebrity edition.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That they would even post that is unbelievable, but sadly telling.  It's an abomination to all things culinary.  Cordon BLUE (sic) indeed, you're gonna BE blue in no time after eating that hot mess!  I suppose the Great Value paper plates round out the presentation fittingly.  It goes along well with the trash kwizeeen.  (Note that I would have said "trailer trash", but I didn't want to insult all the much higher class people that actually LIVE in trailers).  Speaking of Walmart, if they keep eating like that pretty soon they'll be that 400 lb. couple riding around in the motorized carts looking for the Velveeta.

Maybe they should use that photo as part of their application to get on "Worst Cooks in America" celebrity edition.

I really thought the tone of that caption was jokey, like, “Uh-oh, look what happened when I tried something fancy.” I think Tony was laughing at himself. 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I really thought the tone of that caption was jokey, like, “Uh-oh, look what happened when I tried something fancy.” I think Tony was laughing at himself. 

No one should post that, not even in jest (say all the chefs in America).

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

It looks like Tony ordered a pepperoni pizza with extra-extra cheese, dropped it on the ground, and before he could pick it up someone rode over it with a bicycle, and rather than order a new pizza Tony brought it home and dumped it on a mound of buttered white rice mixed with Velveeta.

• Laugh 9

On 5/14/2019 at 3:22 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Chicken cordon blue is about as authentic as "krab".   That's not even close.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

"Cordon bleu" in French literally means "blue ribbon".  The phrase is applied to something of the highest quality.  I'm sure everyone here will appreciate the irony of that name when applied to the above picture, and the accompanying misspelling, LOL.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6

On 5/14/2019 at 3:20 PM, Sandy W said:

She wants to have a "liberry" just like dear old mom's.  She can then counsel friends and family with her words of wisdom.

A la Jer & Auj? I mean, all those MONTHS of married life - what a gold mine of wisdom! Perhaps the two power couples could collaborate.

• Laugh 6

On 5/14/2019 at 3:22 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Looks like someone threw up on the 3 paper plates instead of in the toilet. 

And yeah, what's with that? It takes minimal time to wash and rinse some plates. They knew that slop was a heavy enough load to require 3 paper plates yet they did not consider a normal plate? And then they photographed and shared it? That meal looks to be in the 900 calorie range, too. They're going to be even fatter in no time. 

On 5/13/2019 at 10:44 PM, Yeah No said:

I am LOL that the old granny floral tops are in now with the young'ns.  Just when even us oldies started to think that look was dated, it comes back.  Fortunately I still have a lot of floral "career tops" I can recycle.

While we're on about fashion trends, I am relieved that jeans other than skinnies are back on trend. I love skinnies and was thrilled when they made a strong enough resurgence to become "classic", but it gets boring. EVERYONE is wearing them now. Glad my Miss Me boot cuts may finally "fit in" again (funny story, a couple years ago I was wearing embellished boot-cuts with cowboy boots while visiting family and a stranger said to me, "What are you, from out west or something?" LOL!). 

Anyway, if the jeans are high quality, I've learned to just hang on to them. The one trend I cannot seem to get on board with no matter what, however, is the super-faded look. Closest I have is medium-wash jeans. Can't do it. 

• Like 6

Wow, there’s so much to unpack here! 

860B9EC0-6B04-48D1-9652-C7F928BF514D.thumb.jpeg.61e479d93251d69b1daba0a8bf986ed0.jpeg

The ginger butt fluff on his upper lip and chin...Why? How? He must be using Mykelti’s dollar store box dye to make this happen? His hair is also looking suspiciously lighter and crimped and that trout pout looks coloured in, she probably needs to hide her beauty supplies. Heaven forbid he finds Areola’s orange crayon, Mykelti uses on those rectangular upside down ticks she calls eyebrows! We'd really be in for a visual then. 

Honestly, though he could probably give Mariah a few tips in the femininity department, they are morphing into each other I swear. 

The grammar in the caption is so awful. This further cements for me, that he is definitely not in a high-up, professional role in that bank. ‘Me and Mykelti’; the random capitalisation of words and extra spaces...I guess he is going to be zero help in proof reading her written messes after all. There’s truly no hope. 

Are the taco twins Mormon? I know Tony was, but can anyone clarify, I had thought (possibly wrongly) with Mormonism that the consumption of coffee was frowned upon (or forbidden?), but everyone in this family seems pretty obsessed with it.

Edited by Sofa Sloth · Reason: Photo moved to front and centre
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

13 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

...trout pout...

Hee!

13 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

...Mormonism that the consumption of coffee was frowned upon (or forbidden?), but everyone in this family seems pretty obsessed with it.

They Browns belong to the Church of the Almighty Dollar and TLC Renewal so there are no rules except those that fit the occasion.  Any relationship to any established faith, including Mormomism, is strictly accidental. 

Eat anything, drink anything, be merry, and screw any woman idiotic enough to believe in polygastupidism is their "religion".

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

They've made it up as they've gone along.  All their supposed rules, standards and the like are subject to change at any time, but especially by Kootie and his ball-busting chinny chin chin, Queen Robyn.  Kohola is spot-on.  COTAMD.  Desperados to stay on TLC.

What an utterly horrid picture.  FT and his fish whiskers are the worst.  Mykelti and her blonde roots are not much better.  Ugh!

• Like 6

"me and Mykelti..."

Well I guess they're two of a kind as far as grammatical skills.

ETA: I've spent a lot of time in Mexico over the past couple of years and I have to say that many Latin men are very gentlemanly and attractive. Tony is not one of those men.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

On 5/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, laurakaye said:

It looks like Tony ordered a pepperoni pizza with extra-extra cheese, dropped it on the ground, and before he could pick it up someone rode over it with a bicycle, and rather than order a new pizza Tony brought it home and dumped it on a mound of buttered white rice mixed with Velveeta.

Well Velveeta would require opening up that pesty aluminum packaging, finding a clean plastic knife to slice it, so I reckon he whipped out cheeze wiz in a can. After of course doing some whippits 

• Laugh 4

19 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Wow, there’s so much to unpack here! 

860B9EC0-6B04-48D1-9652-C7F928BF514D.thumb.jpeg.61e479d93251d69b1daba0a8bf986ed0.jpeg 

What is it with this family and fucked up eyebrows?  Forget these paste on nails, they need to invest in some properly shaped paste on eyebrows .

• Laugh 7