Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

FT drinks pink coconut hibiscus smoothies?  How very masculine.

Only during transition... Once he's done he'll switch to....Double pink fresh & fruity tooty. 😉

I wonder if lulunooo makes Tony sized frocks?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I've been trying to pin a label on the look but couldn't figure out what it reminded me of..... You nailed it with "1960's farm wife"

When I was a  little girl I recall my mother dressing like that but she looked nice like Donna Reed... I think the difference is my mother's dresses were natural fibers, cotton, linen etc and they were ironed crisp, clean and fresh looking..... They didn't hang on her all sweaty, limp and clingy like Mykelti's  

That blue dress looks like the 70's disco clothes where the selling point was you could ball it up, stuff it in a bag, shake it out and there would be no wrinkles.  Problem is you are gonna sweat like a mofo

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That blue dress looks like the 70's disco clothes where the selling point was you could ball it up, stuff it in a bag, shake it out and there would be no wrinkles.  Problem is you are gonna sweat like a mofo

Yes the fabric definitely looks 70's or 80's polyester.

My mom's dresses were similar cut with short sleeves and little belt at waist and that's where the similarity ends.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ha - go to Reddit and look up the Lularoe and Lulano subs - thrift stores have more LLR than they know what to do with now. 

ETA: Oops - I misread that - I thought you were referring to LLR generally and not just Mykelti's rag stash 😳

Our thrift stores in NC have no Lularoe  clothes because people are proudly wearing them as they shop in Walmart.

• LOL 7
28 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Halston!  Now in my head, I'm watching John Travolta dancing with Donna Pescow.  

Can you picture Mykelti and FT disco-dancing in polyester?  Lucky for us, Smell-O-Vision doesn't exist yet?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

As a special educator, I always suspected that Mykelti had a learning disability. I believe that home schooling was a disservice to her, although Christine probably tried her best.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I've been trying to pin a label on the look but couldn't figure out what it reminded me of..... You nailed it with "1960's farm wife

It's meant to be modest for the LDS community or the conservative community in Utah.  My daughter went to do missionary work for a different church in Utah.  Even that group insisted on the missionaries from Texas being modest in their dress.  So it's a state wide thing.

• Useful 3
12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Etc = Emptying trash cans,  vacuuming/ mopping floors.

Hey, at least that would all be honest work. I won’t snark on it if it turns out he’s got an actual job. And I am Not! one of his! Fans! (/Mommy dearest)

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Hey, at least that would all be honest work. I won’t snark on it if it turns out he’s got an actual job. And I am Not! one of his! Fans! (/Mommy dearest)

I agree I wouldnt snark on a real job, actually cleaning is very labor intensive and hard work.  Honestly, I think Tony has some sort of office job with the bank and the fact that he kept it instead of completely riding on the coattails of the show is about one of the only things I like about him.  Granted it might not have been his choice, but as far as I can tell they are supporting themselves and only have occasional appearances on the show at this point.  I would say the elder Browns could be slipping them money but, they don’t even seem to pay their own bills.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I think Tony has some sort of office job with the bank and the fact that he kept it instead of completely riding on the coattails of the show is about one of the only things I like about him.

In all fairness to him, so far it does appear that he is one of the few in this bunch that does hold a job and possibly get benefits. 

I don't know how these people can be so blase about the lack of health insurance these days.  One illness or accident can bankrupt you (not that the Browns don't routinely use that as an out) and ruin your life.  Heck, even if you DO have insurance that can happen.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, neh said:

As a special educator, I always suspected that Mykelti had a learning disability. I believe that home schooling was a disservice to her, although Christine probably tried her best.

I always wondered that.  They mentioned on the show that Mykelti was attending "the high school program in a local college" while Maddie went to the regular high school.  At the time they kinda implied that Mykelti was getting college credit and was possibly advanced and that was the reason for the difference.  My son graduated through our local collective alternative high school.  If it weren't for that school he would have dropped out.  The teachers there were respectful to him and so he was a respectful student.  Regular high school was a shit storm primarily because teachers AND students, well...that entire district still has numerous issues from the top down.

Mykelti was always spoken about as a rebellious personality, tho she has said in couch sessions that she isn't. One of her Instagram posts before she "quite" her job at the bank made reference to her "being a handful" at work. The fact that she said "college is hard" with a shell shocked look on her face tells me that she was not prepared in any way for college level studies.  I wondered if the truth of the matter was she went to an alternative program because she simply needed more help academically and she was a handful in class because of it.  My son at 25 was finally diagnosed with dyslexia.  Yet he was tested and retested in school with no clear reason for his reading issues. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

It's meant to be modest for the LDS community or the conservative community in Utah.  My daughter went to do missionary work for a different church in Utah.  Even that group insisted on the missionaries from Texas being modest in their dress.  So it's a state wide thing.

I get modestly and completely respect that, but LLNo is UGLY and it doesn't need to be. I've seen many styles of dress for Muslim women that double as very modest and beautiful at the same time. Those farmer-wife sleeved LLNo dresses are absolutely hideous. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I've seen many styles of dress for Muslim women that double as very modest and beautiful at the same time. Those farmer-wife sleeved LLNo dresses are absolutely hideous. 

There was a Canadian comedy called Little Mosque on the Prairie. The star on that wore the most stunning clothes that totally covered her.  Just gorgeous, not the ugly "tank top over long sleeved shirts" that the Browns considered modest.  There are plenty of ways to be modest and still look good.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I always wondered that.  They mentioned on the show that Mykelti was attending "the high school program in a local college" while Maddie went to the regular high school.  At the time they kinda implied that Mykelti was getting college credit and was possibly advanced and that was the reason for the difference.  My son graduated through our local collective alternative high school.  If it weren't for that school he would have dropped out.  The teachers there were respectful to him and so he was a respectful student.  Regular high school was a shit storm primarily because teachers AND students, well...that entire district still has numerous issues from the top down.

Mykelti was always spoken about as a rebellious personality, tho she has said in couch sessions that she isn't. One of her Instagram posts before she "quite" her job at the bank made reference to her "being a handful" at work. The fact that she said "college is hard" with a shell shocked look on her face tells me that she was not prepared in any way for college level studies.  I wondered if the truth of the matter was she went to an alternative program because she simply needed more help academically and she was a handful in class because of it.  My son at 25 was finally diagnosed with dyslexia.  Yet he was tested and retested in school with no clear reason for his reading issues. 

My students frequently had behavior issues in regular classes, as a way of hiding their learning difficulties. One of the greatest obstacles my students I had to overcome was their feelings of inadequacy and that they were "stupid". 

Rosyln, I hope your son is doing well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, neh said:

My students frequently had behavior issues in regular classes, as a way of hiding their learning difficulties. One of the greatest obstacles my students I had to overcome was their feelings of inadequacy and that they were "stupid". 

Rosyln, I hope your son is doing well. 

Yes. He is.  He has come a long way.  He had a rough patch with a bad roommate decision, and came home afterwards (in a way to detox) but then found a great roommate and is on his own and doing what we all raise our kids to do.  Life, work, pay the bills etc.  He is happy, and that is truly the most important thing.

...back to the show.  My heart broke when Christine/Kody were talking about how Mykelti wasn't allowed to come back home.  "Maybe if it was just a pause..." whatever the hell THAT means.  If my kids need me, need their rooms back...no questions asked, I'm there for them.  Both my kids are on their own, my son 100% and my daughter is almost there.  She graduates this coming weekend, mechanical engineering, and she was hired 3 weeks ago.  I think she only gets a two week vacation before starting work "in the real world".  Damn...I'm feeling old.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Wasn't there a time also when Christine denied Aspyn privilege of moving back home.  I recall she was sharing an apartment with one of her sisters (Mykelti?) while attending school. When that didn't work out for the girls, Aspyn moved in with Robyn and I can just imagine how smug "Earth Mother" Robyn must have reveled in that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Wasn't there a time also when Christine denied Aspyn privilege of moving back home.  I recall she was sharing an apartment with one of her sisters (Mykelti?) while attending school. When that didn't work out for the girls, Aspyn moved in with Robyn and I can just imagine how smug "Earth Mother" Robyn must have reveled in that.

That's the odd thing.  While Christine openly stated that Mykelti wasn't allowed to come home, Aspyn was.  I suspect it was because Mykelti dropped out of school and Aspyn didn't.  Since they had been sharing an apartment together I assumed Aspyn had to come home because she couldn't pay for the apartment by herself.  The only reason they gave on the show about why Aspyn ended up in Robyn's house was that Aspyn is too mothering to the other kids and she and Christine butt heads over the parenting of the younger kids.  I thought it was funny because Robyn's house HAD to be pretty full with her own 5 kids plus relative/live in Mindy and then Aspyn on top of that.  Naturally they all gushed about "how great it is to have those sista wives so when your kid wants to come home you can pawn them off on someone else!!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yes, it was very telling that Aspyn ended up at Robyn's, and not bonus mother Meri's house.  All those empty BR's at Meri's and Aspyn preferred to squeeze into a much more crowded home.  Master of Stealth Robyn no doubt benefitted somehow, like even more help with her kids.  Wasn't Mindy there, as well?  

Mykelti seems to always have been Christine's problem child, like Gabe was with Janelle.  

• Love 6

I also wonder if Mykelti and Gabe acted out to get attention, any attention, since Mykelti was the 4th girl in a series and Gabe was the 4th of K&J's boys.  They would have been treated as part of "the girls" or "the boys", not as individuals, unless they stood out from the rest of the group.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I also wonder if Mykelti and Gabe acted out to get attention, any attention, since Mykelti was the 4th girl in a series and Gabe was the 4th of K&J's boys.  They would have been treated as part of "the girls" or "the boys", not as individuals, unless they stood out from the rest of the group.  

I only had one sister growing up.  I can't imagine what it's like to clamor for a parents' attention, when there are 13 kids (before Queenie Robyn) and 18 eventually.  I always think of Truely as the forgotten child, as Kootie was only focused on Queenie from before Truely was even born.  Yes, it does seem that Mykelti and Gabriel had to act the way they did to get noticed, at all.  Sad.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I only had one sister growing up.  I can't imagine what it's like to clamor for a parents' attention, when there are 13 kids (before Queenie Robyn) and 18 eventually.  I always think of Truely as the forgotten child, as Kootie was only focused on Queenie from before Truely was even born.  Yes, it does seem that Mykelti and Gabriel had to act the way they did to get noticed, at all.  Sad.

Now that they are geographically spread out a bit, and Truely isn't in direct daily competition with Sol, she seems to have found her voice if her participation with Christine on her LLR pitches is any indication.

The child that concerns me is Savanah.  The only other Brownling close to her in age would be Breanna, who is only 4 months older.  I wonder why Savanah chose to spend her days indoors in LV rather than develop friends, if not with Breanna maybe kids at the other end of the cul-de-sac.  I guess it would be too much to expect of Janelle to enroll her in activities outside of the compound as Robyn seems to have done with her girls.

• Love 8

You are right about Savanah.  Janelle doesn't seem like she'd have the energy to haul herself out of the house to take Savanah to swimming lessons or the library (you can tell I'm old, I did those things with my daughter, besides working full-time.)  She is at best an indifferent mother, seems to me.  Sad, again.

• Love 7

I think this was discussed quite some time ago but Tony's "banker" gig isn't exactly Jamie Dimon or anything. He's basically a customer service rep. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but he ain't raking in the buckaroos. 

I seem to recall that Mykelti went to the college from high school not because she was smart but because she was slow and a troublemaker in regular school.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Roslyn said:

That's the odd thing.  While Christine openly stated that Mykelti wasn't allowed to come home, Aspyn was.  I suspect it was because Mykelti dropped out of school and Aspyn didn't.  Since they had been sharing an apartment together I assumed Aspyn had to come home because she couldn't pay for the apartment by herself.  The only reason they gave on the show about why Aspyn ended up in Robyn's house was that Aspyn is too mothering to the other kids and she and Christine butt heads over the parenting of the younger kids.  I thought it was funny because Robyn's house HAD to be pretty full with her own 5 kids plus relative/live in Mindy and then Aspyn on top of that.  Naturally they all gushed about "how great it is to have those sista wives so when your kid wants to come home you can pawn them off on someone else!!"

My guess is Robyn got extra money for letting Aspyn who is good with children, live there.  At the time she had the extra room.  Sol was in her room, Dayton was in his own room and the two girls have always shared a room.  Which left two rooms one for Mindy and one for Aspyn.    I remember someone on CJ blog post a photo of a note on the fridge in Robyn's house.  Saying ask Robyn or Mindy before getting anything to eat.  Or something to that effect.  It was the same time that Aspyn was living with them.  

7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

You are right about Savanah.  Janelle doesn't seem like she'd have the energy to haul herself out of the house to take Savanah to swimming lessons or the library (you can tell I'm old, I did those things with my daughter, besides working full-time.)  She is at best an indifferent mother, seems to me.  Sad, again.

I remember a post that Savanah was playing a musical instrument.  I think she probably has a few friends from school.  Like Truely I think she has been the odd child out.  Forgotten in the shuffle.  Then again some children don't like to be the center of attention.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I was the youngest of 6 four sisters and a brother. I think I got too much attention.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think this was discussed quite some time ago but Tony's "banker" gig isn't exactly Jamie Dimon or anything. He's basically a customer service rep. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but he ain't raking in the buckaroos. 

I seem to recall that Mykelti went to the college from high school not because she was smart but because she was slow and a troublemaker in regular school.

I think that Tony's proficiency with Spanish would be an asset for his employment at the bank. Plus, he does seem to be a "people person".

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, neh said:

I think that Tony's proficiency with Spanish would be an asset for his employment at the bank. Plus, he does seem to be a "people person".

That's a good point.  Bilingual personnel are preferred in lots of service/office type jobs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, neh said:

I'm sure you're right. But lots of people speak Spanish, and that might be the only thing going for him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

I was the youngest of 6 four sisters and a brother. I think I got too much attention.

The youngest often gets too much attention, but Mykelti & Gabe were no longer the youngest 8 mos and 4 days, respectively, later.  After a string of girls, Kootie would have focused on Hunter, and after a string of boys, Gwendlyn would have been a breath of fresh air. Janelle probably left Gabe to be raised with Gwen as twins by Christine.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, neh said:

He's definitely a "people" person... it looks like he's hiding a few people under his clothing 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, lma said:

This is news to me. They made it seem like she was going there because she was so smart and would already be ahead with college credit. Deception by the Browns is shocking, I know.

If she does have a learning disability, which I didn’t consider, I apologize for snarking about it. (Even still, if she’s trying to do business via social media, she seriously needs to get someone to proofread her posts. Very unprofessional.) I might make mistakes in my posts, but I’m not trying to make money off of anyone, hence the need to at least present myself professionally.

I mostly remember Christine going on about how Mykelti was the "wild child". 

• Love 6
On 5/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, DakotaJustice said:

I remember them saying that she went to the college to take special claases/ program to focus on her fashion.

Now that may have been a lie or part of the truth, but I dont remember anyone stating that she was slow or a troublemaker.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Kijod1 said:

I remember them saying that she went to the college to take special claases/ program to focus on her fashion.

Now that may have been a lie or part of the truth, but I dont remember anyone stating that she was slow or a troublemaker.

It was Christine's remark that Mykelti was a "wild child" - to me that means troublemaker.  This was back around the time she was dating that John guy. 

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2016/06/sister-wives-live-tweet-party-for.html

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

It was Christine's remark that Mykelti was a "wild child" - to me that means troublemaker.  This was back around the time she was dating that John guy. 

But that could also mean that Mykelti was acting like a normal teen-ager and actually kissing a few guys.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

But that could also mean that Mykelti was acting like a normal teen-ager and actually kissing a few guys.

Perhaps, but she kind of proved how impulsive she is by marrying Tony so quickly after meeting him.

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5C31AA25-E451-4E93-889D-132E4F185AAC.jpeg

He certainly seems to be enjoying the limelight.

• Love 5

Has anyone besides me ever looked at Tony’s Facebook? I can’t recall if it’s ever been discussed here. Anyway he seems to have been pretty fresh off a relationship when he and Mykelti got together. They both appear to have had at least some experience with other partners before marrying. They still seem so immature in a lot of ways; they seem so young to be married at all. 

OTOH, if Tony really is working and they’re learning to be self-sufficient, good for them. I hope they’re happy. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2016/06/sister-wives-live-tweet-party-for.html

In the link it mentions that MERI and Kody both lectured Mykelti for showing too much of her ample cleavage.

Meri hypocrite through and through... Lecturing another mom's kid about modesty and cleavage.....  Meanwhile she's sucking on bananas and flaunting herself in the tub.  🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

In the link it mentions that MERI and Kody both lectured Mykelti for showing too much of her ample cleavage.

Meri hypocrite through and through... Lecturing another mom's kid about modesty and cleavage.....  Meanwhile she's sucking on bananas and flaunting herself in the tub.  🙄

I wonder if she would dare to critique Sludge and Pudge about their too tight clothing, exposing their jelly-rolls. 

Nope, not gonna happen and all hell would break loose if one of the bonus mom's had a word to say about it.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder if she would dare to critique Sludge and Pudge about their too tight clothing, exposing their jelly-rolls. 

Nope, not gonna happen and all hell would break loose if one of the bonus mom's had a word to say about it.

Exactly, no one is allowed to criticize Princess Pudge or her sidekick Sludge... Not even Kody.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly, no one is allowed to criticize Princess Pudge or her sidekick Sludge... Not even Kody.

unless they want to sleep in the same room.  Then Kody gets "disgusted".

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, deirdra said:

unless they want to sleep in the same room.  Then Kody gets "disgusted".

Did he actually say that to Pudge and Sludge or was that for the moms ears only?

Meri actually said it to Mykelti.

• Love 2

I do believe he was wearing those in another photo, or maybe on the show?  CRS.

It's nice Mykelti loves him.  She once likened FT to Kootie.  I can't guess which one was more insulted by that remark.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I do believe he was wearing those in another photo, or maybe on the show?  CRS.

It's nice Mykelti loves him.  She once likened FT to Kootie.  I can't guess which one was more insulted by that remark.

Yeah he was wearing the on the nape of his neck at a family dinner (the last dinner in vega, I believe)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

FT does have cute dimples.  There, I said it.  Also, he looks better with shorter hair.  

Why, why, why, couldn't he have looked this good at his own weddingk?  It's like his mind went, "OK, I bagged a babe, no need to put any effort into my usual slovenly appearance."

• LOL 3
  • Love 7