Type keyword(s) to search

DEADWOOD Movie: Discussion with Spoilers

Pallas

19 minutes ago, TheWhiskeyKeeper said:

Love this thread, we will need it!

I think I heard a rumor that they will be finished filming next week.

I figured that they’d be done before the holidays (so everyone could go home). Now that just leaves editing andpost production. Is the movie coming out on HBO or in theaters? I’d love to see it on the big screen, but most of it’s reach is on HBO. Shall we guess as to when it will come out? April-May? That’s spring. 

Just now, Mindthinkr said:

I figured that they’d be done before the holidays (so everyone could go home). Now that just leaves editing andpost production. Is the movie coming out on HBO or in theaters? I’d love to see it on the big screen, but most of it’s reach is on HBO. Shall we guess as to when it will come out? April-May? That’s spring. 

W Earl had said they would be finished MID Dec, so idk. It's only supposed to be HBO that I know of. I've heard April or May. There will be the GOT premiere also, so both of those heavy-hitters will be back to back I am guessing.

• Love 1

Sounds like some great ratings are ahead for HBO. I’m glad for them because they’ve brought ack Deadwood. I’m doing a rewatch. I’m in season 2. I might even do another rewatch just before it comes out. I don’t want to miss a single nuance. 

17 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sounds like some great ratings are ahead for HBO. I’m glad for them because they’ve brought ack Deadwood. I’m doing a rewatch. I’m in season 2. I might even do another rewatch just before it comes out. I don’t want to miss a single nuance. 

Yes, it will be a busy year for them for sure. I just hope they give Deadwood the attention they deserve, with all the GOT excitement. I just finished the whole series, but will probably watch again by spring.

Edited by TheWhiskeyKeeper
  • Love 1

Try to find someone who hasn’t seen it before and do a rewatch with them. It’s interesting what people see with their fresh eyes. Maybe different take on something or they’ll catch something we haven’t. I got my neighbor to watch. Now he’s a fan and looking forward to the movie. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Try to find someone who hasn’t seen it before and do a rewatch with them. It’s interesting what people see with their fresh eyes. Maybe different take on something or they’ll catch something we haven’t. I got my neighbor to watch. Now he’s a fan and looking forward to the movie. 

That's awesome. I search for hashtags and find people that never watched the first time around and are watching it now.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, TheWhiskeyKeeper said:

According to this post on Twitter, sounds like filming is finished!

wrapparty.PNG

The original filming schedule I heard of had them filming until January. Maybe like a well oiled machine the actors Nd crew were so flawless tht they were able to wrap it up early. 

• Love 1

Thanks for coming here to post those photos. I tried to downsize them so that I could post them but my device was not cooperating. This brings us another step closer to the movie and I’m now seeing so many other people becoming excited about it. Huzzah. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thanks for coming here to post those photos. I tried to downsize them so that I could post them but my device was not cooperating. This brings us another step closer to the movie and I’m now seeing so many other people becoming excited about it. Huzzah. 

I just posted the link, I can post them now.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, benteen said:

How is it that Al looks like he hasn't aged in 12 years?

Al got his suit cleaned and uses a finer brand of shoe polish. As for Clench, Sherlock's Mrs. Hudson gave this pained but staunch opinion about John Watson's new moustache: "It ages you." 

• Love 2

These pictures were great to get the conversation started. Some people have been trying to alert people (on Twitter) to Deadwood and to get the wheels turning with the excitement of it happening. There was little to moderate interest. Now that the photos have come out people are coming out of the woodwork showing interest. I wish more people would come to PTV to discuss it. Past seasons, rewatches and movie speculation. Someone has kindly ( @TheWhiskeyKeeper ) put up links and info (I can’t post links) so hopefully it will pick up here. 

Next round of shots is on me. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

These pictures were great to get the conversation started. Some people have been trying to alert people (on Twitter) to Deadwood and to get the wheels turning with the excitement of it happening. There was little to moderate interest. Now that the photos have come out people are coming out of the woodwork showing interest. I wish more people would come to PTV to discuss it. Past seasons, rewatches and movie speculation. Someone has kindly ( @TheWhiskeyKeeper ) put up links and info (I can’t post links) so hopefully it will pick up here. 

Next round of shots is on me. 

I agree, it's been slow to gain interest. I love having a place to talk more, that's why I'm everywhere! lol. Thank you for the mention!

• Love 1
Just now, TheWhiskeyKeeper said:

I agree, it's been slow to gain interest. I love having a place to talk more, that's why I'm everywhere! lol. Thank you for the mention!

I’m always thinking of you as I consider you, Brent (Ram Nation) and myself as keepers of the reminders. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m always thinking of you as I consider you, Brent (Ram Nation) and myself as keepers of the reminders. 

Thank you, I appreciate it! It's starting to be a big undertaking, it's all I do (happily) so I appreciate any and all help. It takes a village :)

• Love 1

Dang. I had written you a much longer response but this website has been given me a lot of difficulty. It’s not even showing that you had written here. 

I’m excited to see what progress she has made with her life. Especially since Doc has taken away most of her gimp. I love the way she’ll talk back to Al and would love to see her happy and not being such a coffee fetcher. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Dang. I had written you a much longer response but this website has been given me a lot of difficulty. It’s not even showing that you had written here. 

I’m excited to see what progress she has made with her life. Especially since Doc has taken away most of her gimp. I love the way she’ll talk back to Al and would love to see her happy and not being such a coffee fetcher. 

Sorry, I don't know...Yes, she is feisty!