Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Perspective

• Start Topic

Gary has trouble dealing with Maggie’s life-changing decision, which takes him back to when Jon was there for him during his chemo treatments; Rome finally opens up to his dad about his internal struggles; and Katherine battles balancing being a working mother without Eddie.

First airing Wednesday, December 5, 2018.

I know Gary’s being somewhat terrible but we have to acknowledge the truth bombs he has been dropping. Tonight it was “you guys have only know her for 1o minutes and you’re all best friends” true that. 

There was a second where I thought Rome’s dad was going to throw his pills down the sink drain. I don’t know why but I thought it was going to happen.

Okay. Gary’s remission party was so.. I guess it was nice. But also some people being there is strange, like Katherine being there. Seriously Katherine needs to start getting actual friends. Because hanging out with these people isn’t... anything. And Ashley. Is Ashley never not going to an event? Also Maggie, isn’t Gary really super duper angry at her? Also his outburst at the party was warranted. 

Also what are we supposed to want with Delliah? Do we want her with Eddie? 

I do like Katherine having a condition and that she stuck by it to stay at home Theo and not name partner.

Also I knew that the moment at the end with the song and the nurse, t wasn’t going to be another flashback, it was going to be Maggie.

This show makes me need to invest in a wine of the month club because I always need a glass.

• Love 12
Just now, ams1001 said:

Damn, they almost made me tear up just a tiny bit. Almost.

Same. I liked Gary’s outburst. 

But in the previews for next week he’s in love with Maggie? Have they even had like many great moments? I feel like they’ve just been in a odd stalemated relationship. They weren’t serious at first, then they started to be, then he found out her cancer returned so he spend time baiting her and yelling at her to get treatment and not really listening to her. I can’t think of any great moments.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Same. I liked Gary’s outburst. 

But in the previews for next week he’s in love with Maggie? Have they even had like many great moments? I feel like they’ve just been in a odd stalemated relationship. They weren’t serious at first, then they started to be, then he found out her cancer returned so he spend time baiting her and yelling at her to get treatment and not really listening to her. I can’t think of any great moments.

And Delilah confirmed in the car that it's only been 7 weeks. (Speaking of previews, it seems like maybe Ashley's sneaking around is because she's trying to protect them from something...)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

And Delilah confirmed in the car that it's only been 7 weeks. (Speaking of previews, it seems like maybe Ashley's sneaking around is because she's trying to protect them from something...)

Yeah. I mean sure, I guess. It just seems odd that she’s been acting super strange. 

Hm. Maybe Jon has a secret daughter and that’s the woman(or

Girl) ashley was asking Gary about. Hey it fits the soap drama we’re in.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Eddie: "I mean, John always said his secretary was off limits."

Gary: "You had sex with Johns wife." 

Me: "Mic Drop!"

Yup. Gary kind of rules. I mean all these people are kind of terrible but Gary speaks the truth and the rest then just sweep things under the rug. Even Katherine who I like the most is now attending parties and get together a with these people, like.. Katherine, don’t! These people don’t really like you. 

• Love 6

I loved tonight's episode, maybe mostly because I love Gary. And I'm glad that Maggie went to chemo. I think those two are my favorites in this show. I will probably be rewatching this episode again, maybe tomorrow. 

• Love 3

I figured Gary convinced Maggie to go to treatment when he had his meltdown/outburst at his party. I cried when it showed they were there for his remission party though. Gary is my favorite, and it’s partly that he says stuff nobody else will say out loud but also because I am enjoying seeing Shawn Spencer’s serious side. 

Also, I know that Gary was the focus of this episode to a large extent but I thought Rome’s story was affecting as well. It does speak to a generational gap that exists between the “shrinks are for crazy people” set and those who admit they can use the help. And Regina’s support is amazing for Rome. They have a great relationship honestly (until I remember about the small twinge of Rome wishing for a baby a while back). 

I have a feeling Delilah will be going to Blind Dog Whiskey or whatever before too long. 

• Love 10

Oh, Katherine, honey... no.  This is not your tribe.  Run away.  Hang out with your hot co-worker and your respective adorable kids and make Chewbacca noises.  I want that for you.

Poor Regina.  She got to pep talk Rome and floss her teeth. 

But at least Maggie and Delilah kept up their streak of crying at least once per episode.

I like Gary.  And I am not gonna lie, I loved his scenes with John.  Just brought some real energy to the episode.  Gary is at the anger stage of grief and this is the sort of grieving in the aftermath of Jon's suicide we should have seen like three episodes ago.

Even so, can this group have a party where they just have fun?

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

There was a second where I thought Rome’s dad was going to throw his pills down the sink drain. I don’t know why but I thought it was going to happen.

I thought the same thing! I think we've both watch too much melodramatic tv. He was being kind of a dick, though.

I was cringing during the sink repair, because I could see that the dirty water was going to drain all over Rome's face. I was on the fence about whether the show was just being stupid and forgetting how sinks work, or whether Rome was being set up for the "lesson." And then it happened and I was gagging because UGH-- right in the kisser!

If any of my friends are reading this: I don't get why you would want to convince someone you forgot their important date, just so you could later surprise them that you remembered. I would rather you just let me know you remembered, and skip the surprise. Also: Gary wanted to go to the game! They pulled the rug out from under him with that, too! Anyone wants to do something nice for me, don't take away the thing I was looking forward to.

I like Katherine and Hunter and the kids. She looks so happy with them and so dead inside when she's with the "friends"-- I'm pretty sure that's not an accident.

Eddie deciding to tour again, after giving Katherine a hard time about leaving Theo for a few hours while she works? And not telling her about it, after demanding she tell him about every single babysitter or whatnot? Dude! Will you ever stop being a hypocrite???

I really thought they were going to give us info about Ashley's secrets. I wish they'd hurry the hell up with that reveal.

• Love 14

This was the best episode in a long time. The core group actually felt like friends. The humor and the emotional moments really worked.

The first scene with Ashley is the first time I’ve liked her. Amazing what a difference it makes when she is allowed to have a personality. Gary is so good. He often pisses me off but he feels like a real person who is struggling. He seems to be the only one that is still really grieving. I liked that the flashbacks gave him a depth that explained why he is refusing to accept Maggie’s decision. I still don’t like they way he treated her but at least so understand it better now. 

I’m glad that Rome’s depression is still being addressed. This is my favorite storyline and I am impressed by how it is being handled for the most part. I still hate that Regina is being relegated to being a supporting character. 

I am glad that there is finally some movement in the Jon storyline. Delilah says that Jon became distant 2 years before which is exactly when he bought the life insurance policy. I still hate her whole “he left me” justification but I appreciate that she acknowledged that she should have ended her marriage or tried to figure out what was wrong. That was the first sign of growth I have seen in the character. Even her hair and makeup were better.

The Jon flashbacks highlight how awful Delilah and Eddie are for the affair.

They need to stop trying to make Gary/Maggie and Delilah/Eddie happen because all four work much better when they were paired with anyone else. 

I loved everything with Katherine and Hunter and the kids. Having her be at the party was ridiculous but everything else worked. 

This episode highlighted for me that the show has been spinning its wheels for a while now. Most of this episode should have happened weeks ago. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, yourdreamer said:

I have a feeling Delilah will be going to Blind Dog Whiskey or whatever before too long. 

Me too. There is no way they cast James Tupper in such a minor role unless the plan is to bring him back. 

Yeah, I liked this episode too and yes this is what I would have liked to see weeks ago. The only thing that doesn’t make sense is the Katherine factor of it all.

If she hadn’t made it a point in the pilot that Jon(also is the spelling John or Jon someone tell me please) was always the one who made her feel welcome or that the other guys sort of made jabs and side eyes about her or to her, then I wouldn’t think she wasn’t their friend. It’s just odd. Especially because of how the treat Maggie versus her and they have only know Maggie ten minutes (TM Gary!) And yes now it’s our that delliah was sleeping with Eddie so there’s that too. I would have liked if Regina and Katherine had their own friendship. Then her whole being included wouldn’t feel so strange. 

• Love 3

I loved the "ten minute" line, re Maggie,maybe they heard that over and over on FB and other places.  I'm glad someone said it.  I also like the tool box reference. lol My son is like Rome, younger but as clueless with tools. He got some at his shower from BBB and my husband is like "Those are your tools??" Kind of sad with Rome's dad but you know he'll come around. I remember the stigma when I was a kid with depressed relatives, and it's not that much better now.

Gary's anger, so well done, I teared up, haven't done that in a long time with this show or This is Us, it touched something in me I like their chemistry. I hope they have more flashbacks, we hve yet to see the elevator scene.

Obviously the key chain wasn't Ashley's, but probably Jon's but I hope that doesn't drag on too long. I can't see her keeping a letter meant for someone else going on without repercussions. Why isn't the business imploding? Ashley said "Don't do this to this family, it's almost Xmas" and she is getting some kind of paperwork or summons, but come on, something made Jon jump that was pretty awful and they have to wait until after the holiday's. Kind of odd, but if she told them earlier, they would have had time to digest it by now.

I hope the better writing continues next month.

• Love 3

Not sure if the show runners knew just how popular Katherine and Grace Park would become with the viewers.  I'm happy to watch her anytime she's on the screen. The Chewbacca contest was adorable. 

I enjoyed the flashback scenes with Jon, and hope we see more of them as the series progresses, because I love Ron Livingston. Seeing his character with Gary makes me all the more sad that that character is gone from the present. I hope, if the series continues, there is a more thoughtful exploration about depression and suicide.

One more episode before the winter break?

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Not sure if the show runners knew just how popular Katherine and Grace Park would become with the viewers.  I'm happy to watch her anytime she's on the screen. The Chewbacca contest was adorable. 

I enjoyed the flashback scenes with Jon, and hope we see more of them as the series progresses, because I love Ron Livingston. Seeing his character with Gary makes me all the more sad that that character is gone from the present. I hope, if the series continues, there is a more thoughtful exploration about depression and suicide.

One more episode before the winter break?

One more, many have ended, so I'm glad.

With the holidays approaching, Delilah struggles with telling Sophie and Danny about her pregnancy; and although Jon's absence makes this time of year especially difficult, the gang comes together to help the Dixons embrace the Christmas spirit.

I have a feeling the delivery of the letter, warrant or subpeana will be at the end. Rutledge (sp_) company was the deleted files.

One question I have I might have missed, what about the life insurance? That should have been discussed by now, did I miss it? Wouldn't Delilah think it odd, it wasn't in her name but his friends and without instruction from him, how would they know he intended it for her? That was in the letter I'm sure, a post on another episode had a good portion of the first page shown. He tells her where it is etc. behind picture. Wondered if I fell asleep and missed that part.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1

Ashley joking about cuddling with Gary while they wait for a frittata to bake was the most I've liked her so far. To be fair, I also liked when she told Gary she knew it was the anniversary of his remission because she handled Jon's calendar. I know a lot of people think personal assistants/secretaries are not important, but THEY KNOW EVERYTHING.

I want to hear more about Gina's Ferris Bueller dream. Rome, let me give you a little tip: pill box. You get one of those old man pill boxes at CVS and you fill it up for the week. That way you can tell by looking at the box if you've already taken your pills for today or not. You shouldn't need your wife to remind you to take them, and you certainly shouldn't tell her that you already took them when she knows you didn't!

I don't blame Gary for being upset that both Rome and Eddie said they weren't going to the game. TEN YEARS and they'd only missed one game for Theo's birth, so it doesn't seem weird that he would expect them to go.

Ha, I had to laugh at the guy at the gas station jokingly naming Maneater as his favorite Simon and Garfunkel song.

It broke my heart to see Rome have to defend going to a therapist and taking medication for his depression. I know that his dad is from a different generation, but it makes me so sad when people stigmatize mental illness (especially when they're fine with people getting treatment for other diseases like diabetes or cancer).

I also loved that Rome was so calm and clear when he was telling his dad that he's clinically depressed and that he tried to be the man his dad wanted him to be aka not asking for help. It takes a lot to be honest with your parents like hat when you know that they are going to be disappointed in you. I'm so glad he has a supportive spouse like Regina since he clearly isn't getting that from his dad.

Katherine's request to have 6-8pm off every night seems reasonable. Everyone should get a dinner break so it's not like she's asking for something that's totally out there like a two day work week.

As soon as Jon hung that picture up, I was waiting for Gary to find more secret paperwork from Jon behind it, so I was disappointed when he finally tore it off the wall and broke it and there was nothing there.

It was very sweet and thoughtful for everyone to throw Gary a party to celebrate his remission. I don't blame him for his outburst either. With suicide, anger is a common reaction and he's clearly been holding it in all this time.

I felt for Delilah and Katherine when they were deciding whether to keep wearing their rings. The answer is that there's no specific time table. Mr. EB's father died twenty years ago and Mr. EB's mom still wears her wedding ring. 

Hunter continues to be awesome so I'm glad that he and Katherine are now spending time together outside of work. I also like that she isn't jumping right into a relationship with him. So far we know that he's great with kids, he likes Star Wars, and he's supportive of Katherine. That's good enough for now. Please don't fuck him up, writers!

Eddie on the other hand can continue to fuck right off. If he had found any other person babysitting Theo, he probably wouldn't have charged into Katherine's office (again, TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE) and given her the whole speech about how they need to communicate better and he wants to be with Theo whenever he isn't with Katherine. Really, Eddie? Is that why you're going on tour and leaving your kid? And for the Lumineers?

5 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Jon(also is the spelling John or Jon someone tell me please)

On the insurance paperwork that Ashley was looking at in S1.E2, his name was listed as Jonathan.

ETA: Forgot to mention that I loved the Dave Matthews joke.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I like Gary.  And I am not gonna lie, I loved his scenes with John.  Just brought some real energy to the episode.  Gary is at the anger stage of grief and this is the sort of grieving in the aftermath of Jon's suicide we should have seen like three episodes ago.

There was this one moment in those scenes where a look of overwhelming sadness passed over Jon's face - it was beautifully done, and the first time (I think) we've really seen Jon look anything but cheerful (well, I think there was an annoyed moment earlier on).

8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I was cringing during the sink repair, because I could see that the dirty water was going to drain all over Rome's face. I was on the fence about whether the show was just being stupid and forgetting how sinks work, or whether Rome was being set up for the "lesson." And then it happened and I was gagging because UGH-- right in the kisser!

Eddie deciding to tour again, after giving Katherine a hard time about leaving Theo for a few hours while she works? And not telling her about it, after demanding she tell him about every single babysitter or whatnot? Dude! Will you ever stop being a hypocrite???

I waited for the father to say "first turn off the water" (I don't know much about sink repairs, but I assume you'd want to do that. I was also a little annoyed at Rome. I'm sorry, honey, writers can handle a call to the super for goodness sake. Being a writer doesn't get you out of handling your fair share of the load (speaking as one). No one works 24 hours a day (except law firm partners, apparently).

Did Eddie actually decide? Or was that implied? But yes, it was pretty hypocritical of him in any case.

This was the best episode in the series, in my opinion. The emotional beats were earned, the timeline and some annoying factors were addressed. Even Maggie's decision to have chemo seemed to come from a legitimate place, rather than pressure. She faced some of her own demons at the lecture, and saw first hand how Gary was not handling grieving for Jon very well. Which doesn't mean, to me, she's doing it FOR Gary, but instead that he was one of a number of factors.

I kind of wondered if Rome's father would take it all in, and then perhaps go to a therapist himself. While he certainly didn't look like he approved, he also didn't make any comments that were directly in opposition to Rome's situation.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Did Eddie actually decide? Or was that implied? But yes, it was pretty hypocritical of him in any case.

He called Keith and said, "I've thought about it. Let's do it." I'm assuming that means he's going on tour with the band.

31 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I kind of wondered if Rome's father would take it all in, and then perhaps go to a therapist himself. While he certainly didn't look like he approved, he also didn't make any comments that were directly in opposition to Rome's situation.

I think Rome's father did the best he could not to be negative and was holding his tongue, but he definitely didn't say anything supportive so I can see why Rome interpreted his reaction negatively. I was actually surprised that his dad didn't give him the expected "why, you young whippersnappers" speech about how it was all in his head and he just needed to suck it up so it was a less dramatic reaction than I thought we would get.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, debraran said:

One question I have I might have missed, what about the life insurance? That should have been discussed by now, did I miss it? Wouldn't Delilah think it odd, it wasn't in her name but his friends and without instruction from him, how would they know he intended it for her? That was in the letter I'm sure, a post on another episode had a good portion of the first page shown. He tells her where it is etc. behind picture. Wondered if I fell asleep and missed that part.

There has been no mention of the life insurance policy that Ashley found behind the painting. Ashley’s not so subtle Barbara Morgan inquiries makes me think that she is the only one who knows anything about it. Last week Delilah did mention using life insurance money so apparently there was a second policy with her as the beneficiary. 

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

This was the best episode in the series, in my opinion. The emotional beats were earned, the timeline and some annoying factors were addressed. Even Maggie's decision to have chemo seemed to come from a legitimate place, rather than pressure. She faced some of her own demons at the lecture, and saw first hand how Gary was not handling grieving for Jon very well. Which doesn't mean, to me, she's doing it FOR Gary, but instead that he was one of a number of factors.

I am really surprised that Maggie’s decision did not irritate me. I think it is because it actually felt like her decision instead of something she was badgered into. 

I agree that this was the best episode yet. I don’t think it is a coincidence that the show improved once the timeline has been allowed to accelerate and with the return of Jon. Finally the story is moving forward. 

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Katherine's request to have 6-8pm off every night seems reasonable. Everyone should get a dinner break so it's not like she's asking for something that's totally out there like a two day work week.

That made me so mad. There's no way I'm going to believe that there aren't other partners who take time offline everyday whether for gym time or recurring appointments etc. The fact that she framed is as "dinner with her son" is what caused her to get fucked over. As long as her billable hours remained steady it shouldn't matter if she does the work at 7 pm or 9 pm since both times would fall after filing deadlines.

42 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He called Keith and said, "I've thought about it. Let's do it." I'm assuming that means he's going on tour with the band.

This is the most crazy thing. Agreeing to a tour without talking to your co-parent about your availability is one of the most selfish things I have ever seen. The office storming was wildly inappropriate earlier and for him to turn around and make a decision to be less available himself was so unfair to Katherine. Eddie would know that Katherine was trying to make partner, since that would have been a goal for years and might have been saving for her capital contribution depending on how this fictional firm is set up. Also, there is the issue of Eddie's alcoholism. It's easy for his bandmate to say things will be fine, but Eddie should have spoken to his sponsor and made a plan since being on the road could be a trigger.

10 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Delilah is pretty but come on. She has Jon who was married to her, Eddie who was sleeping with her and now a third guy clearly hitting on her. Too much. Give this actress something to do besides romantic plots. She is barely involved in the restaurant. It's been a couple of months since her husband died and she's shown very little interest in her financial situation. Give her something because it's too much breathy romance stuff and it's left her to be incredibly one dimensional.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Dani said:

Me too. There is no way they cast James Tupper in such a minor role unless the plan is to bring him back. 

This. And Constance Zimmer (Barbara Morgan?)... I've been waiting to see her again since week 2! I guess this show is all about the slow burn... 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

As soon as Jon hung that picture up, I was waiting for Gary to find more secret paperwork from Jon behind it, so I was disappointed when he finally tore it off the wall and broke it and there was nothing there.

Me too! I was so excited to see Gary start to smash up the painting. I wanted more info on the mystery of what Jon was up to before he died.

11 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Oh, boy. Run gas station man, run!

GSM: How would you like to try our signature whiskey?

Delilah: Sorry I'll have to decline, I'm pregnant with the man I cheated on my husband with. By the way, my husband committed suicide 7 weeks ago. I also already have two children.

So, are we forgetting that Maggie fell at the end of last episode? Okay then...moving on.

I hope Katherine is royally pissed when she finds out the baby is Eddie's. (I say "I hope" because she seems to have forgiven both Eddie and Katherine already. She goes to every event with both of them there.) This episode Katherine told Eddie that he should have been the one to tell her that Delilah was pregnant in the first place. That was a good time for Eddie to speak up and tell the truth. Now when it comes out, it will be that much more hurtful.

Also, how is no one questioning Delilah? They all know about the affair, why doesn't anyone ask Delilah how she is 100% sure that the baby is Jon's? Was there an explanation for this that I missed somehow? I don't think Katherine heard anything other than Regina tell her that the baby was Jon's. Isn't this something one would be highly suspicious of in light of an affair? 

That remission celebration was seriously weird. The only people attending not involved in love triangles were Rome and Regina. They already had Delilah/Eddie/Katherine and now there is Maggie/Gary/Ashley. Yikes. Usually a show is around for 7 seasons before everyone starts sleeping with each other. 

Interesting that Maggie needed someone to drive her to her lecture but she went to chemo alone. I am glad that Gary didn't take her.

I seriously hope we meet Barbara Morgan next episode. I want some plot movement on what and why Jon has done what he has done.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Also, how is no one questioning Delilah? They all know about the affair, why doesn't anyone ask Delilah how she is 100% sure that the baby is Jon's? Was there an explanation for this that I missed somehow? I don't think Katherine heard anything other than Regina tell her that the baby was Jon's. Isn't this something one would be highly suspicious of in light of an affair? 

I doubt there was an explanation. I won't be able to watch the episode until tonight, but the show has consistently let Delilah off the hook with her role in the affair. The in-show explanation is because she just lost her husband so that's why people are going easy on her. I assume it's the same thing with this; they don't want to assume that Delilah could be lying once again.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Well, they probably think that Delilah was smart enough to actually use birth control when she was cheating on her husband and, if the birth control failed, she would still take the necessary (and, let's face, EASY) step to prevent a pregnancy.  Remember, this wasn't the pill not working or an IUD failing, this was a broken condom.  She knew right away that the BC had failed and she did nothing.

Either Delilah is the stupidest woman in the world or the most deceitful.  Possibly both.

Also, I'm still only 50/50 on Eddie being the father.  He could be, or he could not be.  Delilah claimed two different men were the father in the space of one episode and, as she was already shown as being dishonest (HONEST PEOPLE DON'T CHEAT ON THEIR SPOUSES), I'm not sure why we should believe Delilah just because she says so.

I actually haven't watched this episode yet, but it is the first one I'm actually looking forward to in a while since it sounds like there has been an uptick in general quality...

• Love 2

Unless American big law firm culture is radically different from its Canadian counterpart, what Katherine did with her law firm is known as A Career-Limiting Move.  No female lawyer gets to a partnership offer without knowing what her firm would find tolerable.  Why would she even ask not to work 6-8 unless she was trying to sabotage the offer?  As a friend of mine, who spent longer in the big firm culture than did I, pointed out, you take the partnership and then just don't schedule meetings during that time period, knowing that there's simply no way you can always avoid it. She's far more vulnerable as an associate working those hours than as a partner - if they don't want a partner doing it, they're not going to tolerate it from a mere employee. It's much harder to get rid of a partner than an associate, as the latter can just be fired.  And it's not even realistic that it was a total deal-breaker: there are all sorts of different types of partner and everything's negotiable.  She could have - if she really is going to insist on cutting back her hours - offered to take fewer points in the partnership in exchange.  Or she could have negotiated a "mommy-track" partnership (which officially doesn't exist but everyone knows it does) and negotiate being a non-equity partner instead (not saying that's fair - one of the reasons I left private practice and went in-house - but it's reality).  The whole thing was just silly if you know how law firms work.  Now she's labelled herself a slacker and her days at any real law firm would be numbered accordingly.

• Love 14
Just now, Trillian said:

Unless American big law firm culture is radically different from its Canadian counterpart, what Katherine did with her law firm is known as A Career-Limiting Move.  No female lawyer gets to a partnership offer without knowing what her firm would find tolerable.  Why would she even ask not to work 6-8 unless she was trying to sabotage the offer?  As a friend of mine, who spent longer in the big firm culture than did I, pointed out, you take the partnership and then just don't schedule meetings during that time period, knowing that there's simply no way you can always avoid it. She's far more vulnerable as an associate working those hours than as a partner - if they don't want a partner doing it, they're not going to tolerate it from a mere employee. It's much harder to get rid of a partner than an associate, as the latter can just be fired.  And it's not even realistic that it was a total deal-breaker: there are all sorts of different types of partner and everything's negotiable.  She could have - if she really is going to insist on cutting back her hours - offered to take fewer points in the partnership in exchange.  Or she could have negotiated a "mommy-track" partnership (which officially doesn't exist but everyone knows it does) and negotiate being a non-equity partner instead (not saying that's fair - one of the reasons I left private practice and went in-house - but it's reality).  The whole thing was just silly if you know how law firms work.  Now she's labelled herself a slacker and her days at any real law firm would be numbered accordingly.

This is interesting--I don't know any lawyers working in law firms (one of my closest friends is a lawyer, but she has been on the prosecutorial side of things and that's a different ball game) and everything I do know comes from watching lawyers on TV, so thank you for this real-world insight.

Outside of law, this request could be iffy.  My husband works for a large tech company with countless "groups," each with their own culture.  If my husband had asked for something like this, it would have at the very least been turned down on the spot.  However, I know people in other groups in the same company (more functional groups!) where this is actually group policy.  If they are in a phase of the project where long hours are expected, they all take two hours off in the evening to spend time with their families.  Yes, they are expected to return to work after that, but they are also given this "family time" to take without any professional repercussions.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Well, they probably think that Delilah was smart enough to actually use birth control when she was cheating on her husband and, if the birth control failed, she would still take the necessary (and, let's face, EASY) step to prevent a pregnancy.  Remember, this wasn't the pill not working or an IUD failing, this was a broken condom.  She knew right away that the BC had failed and she did nothing.

Either Delilah is the stupidest woman in the world or the most deceitful.  Possibly both.

Also, I'm still only 50/50 on Eddie being the father.  He could be, or he could not be.  Delilah claimed two different men were the father in the space of one episode and, as she was already shown as being dishonest (HONEST PEOPLE DON'T CHEAT ON THEIR SPOUSES), I'm not sure why we should believe Delilah just because she says so.

I still think in any scenario it's hard to say 100% who the father was since no birth control is 100% effective and there is no way she took Plan B every time with Eddie. I agree with you that Delilah is stupid for doing nothing after the condom broke. I also agree that the show might still try to surprise us with it really being Jon's baby.

27 minutes ago, Trillian said:

As a friend of mine, who spent longer in the big firm culture than did I, pointed out, you take the partnership and then just don't schedule meetings during that time period, knowing that there's simply no way you can always avoid it.

Or maybe you SHOULD schedule meetings during that time? As in, please don't bother me I'm in an important "client" meeting right now. I've heard of people scheduling fake meetings before so they would have a block of time in order to work uninterrupted. Maybe she could do the same thing in order to spend time with Theo.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I think Rome's father did the best he could not to be negative and was holding his tongue, but he definitely didn't say anything supportive so I can see why Rome interpreted his reaction negatively. I was actually surprised that his dad didn't give him the expected "why, you young whippersnappers" speech about how it was all in his head and he just needed to suck it up so it was a less dramatic reaction than I thought we would get.

Thanks, I guess I missed that. 

I do think Rome's father was working on keeping his mouth shut, but I also think Rome's given him food for thought, since I think it was implied that the father has similar issues.

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

This is the most crazy thing. Agreeing to a tour without talking to your co-parent about your availability is one of the most selfish things I have ever seen. The office storming was wildly inappropriate earlier and for him to turn around and make a decision to be less available himself was so unfair to Katherine. Eddie would know that Katherine was trying to make partner, since that would have been a goal for years and might have been saving for her capital contribution depending on how this fictional firm is set up. Also, there is the issue of Eddie's alcoholism. It's easy for his bandmate to say things will be fine, but Eddie should have spoken to his sponsor and made a plan since being on the road could be a trigger

Totally agree. Eddie being so judgmental when he was considering (and then decided to) touring with the band was ridiculous. I almost think his decision was spite motivated. 

The point about the alcoholism is excellent.

• Love 1

I almost forgot about something Delilah said that really got under my skin. She was in the car talking to Maggie about her marriage to Jon and she said something like "Everyone thinks that I cheated on Jon, but he left me two years ago." WTF? I'm pretty sure everyone thinks she cheated on Jon because she cheated on Jon. They were living together and acting like a happy couple in front of everyone else, at least. No one had left anyone. Delilah was still in that marriage and actively participating in keeping up the facade. Maybe their relationship was completely gone and they were more like roommates than husband/wife but they still were husband/wife. You have to actually leave or at least come to an agreement with your partner before you are actually out of the marriage. Delilah is the worst. She takes no responsibility and completely shifts the blame.

• Love 16

I'm watching right now, but had to step away and say...

at the 7:50 mark it happened.  Friends did it better.

It was Gary talking about how it was okay that he slept with Ashley because Maggie was the one who broke up with them and it all sounded very much like they were on a break.  Of course, @snarkylady called this last week so, if this were an actual thing, she'd get the point for it.

Going back to the show...

• Love 3
On 12/6/2018 at 10:16 AM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I almost forgot about something Delilah said that really got under my skin. She was in the car talking to Maggie about her marriage to Jon and she said something like "Everyone thinks that I cheated on Jon, but he left me two years ago." WTF? I'm pretty sure everyone thinks she cheated on Jon because she cheated on Jon. They were living together and acting like a happy couple in front of everyone else, at least. No one had left anyone. Delilah was still in that marriage and actively participating in keeping up the facade. Maybe their relationship was completely gone and they were more like roommates than husband/wife but they still were husband/wife. You have to actually leave or at least come to an agreement with your partner before you are actually out of the marriage. Delilah is the worst. She takes no responsibility and completely shifts the blame.

Delilah keeps trying to peddle that story and I am not buying it. Just cheating would be bad enough but cheating with your husband’s best friend makes you the lowest of the low. And what exactly was her plan once Eddie left Katherine for her? It is way past time that someone calls her out the way that as Eddie has been. 

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I waited for the father to say "first turn off the water" (I don't know much about sink repairs, but I assume you'd want to do that. I was also a little annoyed at Rome. I'm sorry, honey, writers can handle a call to the super for goodness sake. Being a writer doesn't get you out of handling your fair share of the load

In general, yes, you should turn off the water. But I have opened a drain pipe without doing that, so I wasn't bothered by that part. It's the faucets where you really HAVE TO turn the water off before you open things up.

100% agree that his excuse for not making the call was BS.

RE Delilah: I agree it was BS for her to excuse herself for the affair, but she did at least eventually admit that she should have either left or fought for her marriage, instead of cheating. Teeny twinges of conscience and growth... you have to start somewhere, I guess. Eddie hasn't even started, by contrast; in fact, he seems to be regressing.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, possibilities said:

RE Delilah: I agree it was BS for her to excuse herself for the affair, but she did at least eventually admit that she should have either left or fought for her marriage, instead of cheating. Teeny twinges of conscience and growth... you have to start somewhere, I guess. Eddie hasn't even started, by contrast; in fact, he seems to be regressing.

Yeah. I hated the “he left me” line but the rest was an improvement. That also supports the idea that Delilah is not in love with Eddie since she essentially said that the affair was a mistake. 

I find it telling that when Eddie talks about the affair it is all about Delilah but when Delilah talks about the affair it is all about Jon. 

Why does Delilah always need to refer to herself as a pregnant women? It the last two episodes the line has felt clunky and is furthering my suspicion that a miscarriage is imminent. 

Finished and that was better than I expected.  I tried to figure out why and I came up with two things:

1 - No Eddie and Delilah.  It's no secret that I despise that pairing, but I didn't fully appreciate how much it dragged the show down until I got an episode where it wasn't present. (The other episode that I found especially good, save the date, also had little E/D...so, you know...)

2 - It got back to its core with Jon's death and dealing with grief.  I may be alone in this, but I felt Gary's outburst at his remission party to be the truest moment in this show.

There were a lot of little moments that sort of delighted me here.  First off, it sucks to be Linda.  I mean, that was a comic bit that has been done countless times before, but it still worked here.  There was also a moment, and I don't even know if this was a planned thing, where during Gary's first outburst at Eddie and Rome he's reaming Eddie.  Eddie is sitting there with a "is this for real?" look on his face and, in the background, the dog kind of looks up with the same expression on his face (or at least I imagine that he had the same expression).  That moment just tickled me!

Other random thoughts...

Yeah, Delilah is totally going for the whiskey guy.  She needs someone to give her attention, especially now that her supposed baby daddy is heading out of town, and he's offering.  Also, he's hot.  I really wish they would put her character more on the side.  As Jon's widow, she has a part in the overall in the story, but she doesn't need to be front and center.  She could be the person who is there to listen to others (like Gary) when he's struggling and to fill out the room when they need more people.  You know, like how the show uses Regina!  The difference is that Christina Moses is wasted in that role and for Szostak it would be more fitting for her abilities.

I know this will be a wish that is not granted, but I wish that Maggie and Gary don't get back together.  It's not that I don't like them, it's that I like them better when they aren't together.  Maggie had some great moments in this episode--I'm still not entirely sure how it all fits together, but I'm willing to go with it.  Plus, Gary is still very much in the throes of grief and I'm not sure how hooking up with a dying woman is going to help things.  Also, that whole story has been messed up from the beginning and, to put her back with Gary, would make Maggie's decision to have chemo his decision and not hers.  

As for Ashley, the only time she's remotely interesting is when she's with Gary, so let them hook up every couple of episodes to keep her relevant.

Oh, Katherine, why the fuck are you at that remission party?  As has been said, THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS and Gary, especially, has been openly hostile to you!  And then, she "gets her life back," a life she desperately wants to spend with Theo...and she spends her first free evening with her estranged husband and his friends who don't like her?  Really?

The thing is, I really like Katherine--as far as I can tell, she's the only grown up in the room.  And I would watch the hell out of the Katherine show, but that show doesn't fit into this show and it is kind of jarring to watching them try to fit this square peg into a round hole.  They have to find a better way of keeping her relevant to the main story because, right now, it's not working.  Oh, and while it was nice for Hunter to come to babysit (and I do like his dynamic), why wasn't he at work, too?  It was clearly in the middle of the day on a workday and he's not a partner, so how can he just come and go?

There is no way Eddie is going on tour, at least not for the long run.  In terms of story, he'd been shitfaced in a week.  In terms of the series, they aren't going to send one of their two "draws" away from the main story for long (draws: Roday and Giuntoli.  I'd also say that Park is a draw, but she's not actually part of the main story...).  Also, fuck you, Eddie.  Giuntoli is killing it, but the character can be a real shithead and his whole storming in on Katherine and trying to insinuate that she's an absent parent was just too much.  As I've said before, I actually think there is a lot of potential for Eddie as a character, but they need to get a move on with it instead of keeping him in his perpetual toddlerhood.

I really, really like Rome's parents (yeah, only his dad was in this episode, but I liked his mom when she was on before).  Maybe it is because Regina's mom was such a raging bitch or maybe it was because that parent/son relationship is the most realistic on here.  Also, I like when we see that these characters have lives outside of the friend group.  Other than Delilah's dad (who, let's face it, was totally there to try to attract TIU viewers.  If Delilah is supposedly his only family, why haven't we seen him since?), Rome's parents and Regina's mom are it.  

I do have to eat my words on something.  When this show started, I complained about flashbacks.  Part of this is because this is a very TIU-ish show and THAT show uses flashbacks very badly (or at least they did when I watched it).  However, this show seems to use Jon flashbacks quite well.  In fact, they should give us more of those.  Really.

But, speaking of those flashbacks, I'm still a little confused.  In interviews with Nash, he talks about scenes that will shed light on Delilah and Jon's relationship (and he was speaking about scenes around this episode) and so far we've seen that Jon was a good friend.  How dare he!  No wonder Delilah cheated on him!  What a monster!

So, Delilah's claim that Jon left her 2 years ago.  Bullshit.  If your spouse, of at least 14 years, all of a sudden becomes withdrawn, you try to figure out what is going on.  You don't just shrug and say, "Well, that's over!  Time to bang the neighbor!"  I'm so confused...are we supposed to feel sympathy or hate for Delilah?  Because it feels like they are trying to evoke one, but succeeding with the other.

Oh, and about the 2 years ago comment.  I'm sure it has to do with all the financial stuff...but...if this was Gary's 1 year of remission, he was probably diagnosed 2 years earlier.  Which Delilah would know (as far as we know, she doesn't have a clue--or care--about the business stuff).  So she's basically saying that her husband became withdrawn and distracted...when his friend was diagnosed and then fighting cancer.   Wife of the year, Y'all.

9 hours ago, Dani said:

Why does Delilah always need to refer to herself as a pregnant women? It the last two episodes the line has felt clunky and is furthering my suspicion that a miscarriage is imminent. 

I think it was just clunky writing, but I have to say that a miscarriage would solve a lot of this show's problems.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I almost forgot about something Delilah said that really got under my skin. She was in the car talking to Maggie about her marriage to Jon and she said something like "Everyone thinks that I cheated on Jon, but he left me two years ago." WTF? I'm pretty sure everyone thinks she cheated on Jon because she cheated on Jon.

The bolded made me laugh. I think this show really, really wants us to like, understand and commiserate with Delilah and buy into her and Eddie's tortured, taboo love.  Except they undermine themselves with the writing.  It is pretty damned comical. 

• Love 10

A few thoughts -

I think Maggie didn’t drive herself to chemo, she probably taxied or Uber’d  A longer trip, like to the college, would have been too expensive so ask for help from Delilah. 

Also perhaps D isn’t lying because she and Jon had completely stopped intimate relations so she knew it wasn’t his for that reason. 

And I seem to be in the minority as far as understanding why Katherine was at the remission party. In my view, cancer sucks so she wanted to celebrate it being gone still. Or it was on her calendar because she and Jon were such good friends and she is a person who follows through. She made her statement last week at the party with Hunter, so she doesn’t need to prove that. Gary has seen her with Hunter before and told her she should be happy, which wasn’t a full on apology for being a dick to her, but at least an acknowledgement that he wasn’t always right. And then she had assumed Gary told Eddie about Hunter when he hadn’t so she wanted to support him a bit. Plus, I think with the hours she works, she just doesn’t have a lot of friends to bond with anyway. Her sons friends parents wouldn’t be necessarily hers if Eddie was primary parent when they were together. 

Sorry a lot of jumbled thought there. 

• Love 5

So the woman gives up her dream career for the sake of her child (I know Katherine's still a lawyer, but she's giving up her dream of being partner), and the guy gets to go live his dream, and we're supposed to be like, OK, cool? I mean, I liked Katherine sticking to her guns, and her smile afterwards seemed genuine, but to me it seems like Eddie's conversation with her had something to do with her decision, and even if it didn't, Eddie cheating on her and them separating definitely did. Don't get me wrong, it's her decision and if she's genuinely had an epiphany that she'll be happier this way, good for her, but the way it was framed was pretty awful to me. I hope she freaks the hell out on Eddie when he tells her about going on tour and that she makes him foot the bill for the baby-sitter/ nanny they're going to need if he's gone for awhile.

Katherine's storyline combined with Maggie seemingly going to chemo because of Gary's breakdown (I know it could also be because of other things that happened that day, but again, framed to make it seem like Gary was the deciding factor) combined with Regina still having no screentime whatsoever, and I am fed up with the writing for the women on this show. And I just actively dislike Delilah and Ashley.

I snorted over Gary's "magical cancer beard," but kudos to the writers for at least acknowledging the ridiculousness of all that facial hair. Which is more than they've done to acknowledge that Gary never seems to go to work...

• Love 13
19 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

A few thoughts -

I think Maggie didn’t drive herself to chemo, she probably taxied or Uber’d  A longer trip, like to the college, would have been too expensive so ask for help from Delilah. 

Maggie doesn't drive at all--this came up in the episode and is a result of her brother's accident somehow.  Also, if you live in Boston, driving a car is more of a hassle.   I lived there for 3 years, never had a car, and never missed it.

19 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

And I seem to be in the minority as far as understanding why Katherine was at the remission party. In my view, cancer sucks so she wanted to celebrate it being gone still. Or it was on her calendar because she and Jon were such good friends and she is a person who follows through.

Except Katherine and Gary weren't good friends--they weren't friends at all.  Gary made no secret of his distaste for Katherine, something she was well aware of (go back to Save the Date.  Not only does she overhear Gary knocking her to Eddie, but she's also not at all surprised by it).  Which, of course, makes Katherine's presence at Gary's remission party even more bizarre.

19 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Katherine's storyline combined with Maggie seemingly going to chemo because of Gary's breakdown (I know it could also be because of other things that happened that day, but again, framed to make it seem like Gary was the deciding factor) combined with Regina still having no screentime whatsoever, and I am fed up with the writing for the women on this show. And I just actively dislike Delilah and Ashley.

I snorted over Gary's "magical cancer beard," but kudos to the writers for at least acknowledging the ridiculousness of all that facial hair. Which is more than they've done to acknowledge that Gary never seems to go to work...

Ditto on the women.  I can't understand how a show that is targeted at a female audience can seem to care so little about its female characters.

Yeah, I was glad they mentioned the magical cancer beard.  I saw the promo pictures for this episode and was wondering how Gary was able to lose all his hair except the non-eyebrow hair on his face.  I don't see how it is possible, but I'm not going to think too hard about it.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
corrected show title
  • Love 2

Was the beard because the actor said "not shaving!" and then they'd have to show him with it later. They would have had to film those scenes first. Little odd since chemo attacks all hair and he mentioned losing it all over.  I guess it's not as big a deal as some gaffes.

Do you think they will show some Deliah and Jon flashbacks from when they were happy? I feel no chemistry with her, not with Eddie or Jon but Jon has a lot with his friends. I hope it's not him being distant and aloof because if they had a good marriage before, you talk, you work on it, you don't look to his friend  to sleep with in your  bed IN YOUR HOUSE! She found Eddie's necklace in Jon's drawer and knew he probably figured it out and that didn't seem to move her either.  Kind of a double slimey with her doing it in his house.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I'm watching right now, but had to step away and say...

at the 7:50 mark it happened.  Friends did it better.

It was Gary talking about how it was okay that he slept with Ashley because Maggie was the one who broke up with them and it all sounded very much like they were on a break.  Of course, @snarkylady called this last week so, if this were an actual thing, she'd get the point for it.

Going back to the show...

Thanks for the mention.  And yes, Friends did it better.

1 minute ago, debraran said:

Do you think they will show some Deliah and Jon flashbacks from when they were happy? I feel no chemistry with her, not with Eddie or Jon but Jon has a lot with his friends. I hope it's not him being distant and aloof because if they had a good marriage before, you talk, you work on it, you don't look his friend to bed IN YOUR HOUSE! She found Eddie's necklace in Jon's drawer and knew he probably figured it out and that didn't seem to move her either.  Kind of a double slimey with her doing it in his house.

I don't believe in the concept of "on-screen chemistry," I think what people call chemistry is mostly just writing, directing, and acting and there's no "magic" to it.  But, that being said, I agree that Delilah does not have "it" with either Jon or Eddie (or Rome or Regina or Maggie or Katherine or Ashley or Sophie or Danny...did I miss anyone?)  Basically, in a cast where everyone seems to have what people call chemistry with each other, with the exception of one performer who doesn't seem to have it with anyone, I'm pretty sure that is just another indication of a performance issue.  The only actor I think she works well with is James Roday and I don't think that's her.  Instead, I think it's because he's a strong enough actor playing a big enough character that it makes up for the fact that nothing is coming from her. (By "big" character, I mean someone who is charismatic and sort of an attention-stealer kind of person, which pretty much sums up Gary).

The one flashback this show has had of Jon and Delilah was during the time where she claims he had "left" her...and we saw him being happy and affectionate with her while at the same time being stressed about work.  So, more BS from Delilah.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I don't believe in the concept of "on-screen chemistry," I think what people call chemistry is mostly just writing, directing, and acting and there's no "magic" to it.  But, that being said, I agree that Delilah does not have "it" with either Jon or Eddie (or Rome or Regina or Maggie or Katherine or Ashley or Sophie or Danny...did I miss anyone?)  Basically, in a cast where everyone seems to have what people call chemistry with each other, with the exception of one performer who doesn't seem to have it with anyone, I'm pretty sure that is just another indication of a performance issue.  The only actor I think she works well with is James Roday and I don't think that's her.  Instead, I think it's because he's a strong enough actor playing a big enough character that it makes up for the fact that nothing is coming from her. (By "big" character, I mean someone who is charismatic and sort of an attention-stealer kind of person, which pretty much sums up Gary).

The one flashback this show has had of Jon and Delilah was during the time where she claims he had "left" her...and we saw him being happy and affectionate with her while at the same time being stressed about work.  So, more BS from Delilah.

I agree, chemistry isn't liking each other, its good acting. Some actor's hate each other but you'd never know.  I'm sure in some last ditch effort to save her from being hated, they'll show Jon aloof and not helping her with pizza or something. Nothing will help this mess. If he lived, would she have kept the baby? Mute point, but I just can't see her pregant later, maybe a miscarriage, not uncommon at her age. And with Eddie off singing, not much help for her. Maybe she'll see the gas station guy again.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, debraran said:

I agree, chemistry isn't liking each other, its good acting. Some actor's hate each other but you'd never know.  I'm sure in some last ditch effort to save her from being hated, they'll show Jon aloof and not helping her with pizza or something. Nothing will help this mess. If he lived, would she have kept the baby? Mute point, but I just can't see her pregant later, maybe a miscarriage, not uncommon at her age. And with Eddie off singing, not much help for her.

I've said from about the 1st or 2nd episode that Nash's best course of action would be just to let Delilah be unlikable.  But, honestly, shows don't like to have unlikable characters and/or actors don't like to play unlikable (non-villain) characters.  But, honestly, not everyone in the world is likable so I don't know why everyone on TV should be likable.

I think with this it is interesting looking at Eddie.  He's not likable all the time and Giuntoli doesn't seem to have any qualms about playing him as an immature jerk (which is good because the only way Eddie would be successful is if he's played by an actor who is willing to give up being likable and willing to "go there" with him).  And this just makes me wonder--is Delilah actually supposed to be unlikable and Szostak is just refusing to play her that way or is she supposed to be likable and Szostak isn't able to make that work?  Or is Nash trying to hedge his bets by being ambiguous about Delilah?  Whatever is happening...it isn't working.

(Also, I reread my last post and realized I came off sounding a little dismissive in my reply to you about chemistry.  I really didn't mean that and I think we were in agreement.  Many times when people use chemistry, they use it in a way that makes it sound like there is some real "chemical" reaction at play and it is completely out of anyone's control, which I think is BS.  But I also don't think that's what you meant in your post.  Sorry about that!)

I knew what you meant, but thanks. On another note, was it just me or Maggie fainting or being in pain and falling, it was just not shown again? She seemed fine on road trip and later. It seemed so dramatic, I wasn't sure what we were supposed to think.

Nash should just play Delilah as somewhat shallow or just shallow and let it go. As you said, no one has a group of coworkers or friends or acquaintances without a mix of personalities.

Edited by debraran
5 minutes ago, debraran said:

I knew what you meant, but thanks. On another note, was it just me or Maggie fainting or being in pain and falling, it was just not shown again? She seemed fine on road trip and later. It seemed so dramatic, I wasn't sure what we were supposed to think.

Yeah, they sort of glossed over that huge dramatic moment.  And we know it was *the next day*...unless, wait....I'm confused.

Last week, it was stated that Gary and Maggie had been together for 3 weeks, which meant Jon had been dead 4 weeks (about).

This week, which is supposedly the next day (unless Gary spent several weeks in Ashley's bed), Jon has been dead 7 weeks?  

HOW DOES TIME WORK ON THIS SHOW???????

• Love 9

Just out of curiosity: how likely is it to lose all your hair with chemo, but keep your luxurious beard? (Slight sarcasm, since I am not a beard-loving gal. But as beards go, objectively speaking, Gary has a nice one.)

Ashley's keychain was Jon's, obviously. Did he give it to her or did she take it after he died? If the latter, before or after her longing look at his dry-cleaning?

And how did they get to Gary's building and out of the car before he noticed they weren't headed to the hockey arena?

Was the other kid Hunter's son, or just a friend of Theo's (he looked a little older, I thought)? (I left the room during a commercial and missed a bit when it came back, so I'm not sure if I missed something.)

17 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

(also is the spelling John or Jon someone tell me please) 

It's Jon(athan).

8 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

So, are we forgetting that Maggie fell at the end of last episode? 

Heh...I did until I read your comment...

First off, it sucks to be Linda.  

Oh my god. If I were a patient just trying to read and get through an unpleasant medical treatment, and had to listen to another patient's friend making all kinds of noise and loud music - and the nursing staff joining in! - I would be so pissed. (It would be annoying enough in another setting when I'm perfectly healthy. I have a hard enough time focusing with all the noise in my own head.)

There was also a moment, and I don't even know if this was a planned thing, where during Gary's first outburst at Eddie and Rome he's reaming Eddie.  Eddie is sitting there with a "is this for real?" look on his face and, in the background, the dog kind of looks up with the same expression on his face (or at least I imagine that he had the same expression).  That moment just tickled me!

I laughed at the dog's head popping up there, too. He was probably just reacting to a sudden loud voice but it was so cute. I said it a couple episodes ago and I'm still going with Colin is my favorite character. (I also like pets with relatively normal/common people-names.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3