Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Housewives and Heifers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

It's worth pointing out that NJ seem to have the worst kids (currently) of all the franchises. OC had/has (RYAN) a couple of duds but overall I think they kids are mostly well-adjusted.  These kids are mostly maniacs with the exception of Dolores's kids, Danielle's daughters and maybe Gia. I liked the Manzo kids too but this young crop is mostly brats. 

Isn't it also the franchise with the most kids who've done the most growing up on the shows? Tamra's youngish kids got yanked from OC when she divorced Simon, and the other wives there with youngish kids were only on for a handful of seasons. In NY, Ramona and LuAnn's kids were all teens when the shows started; Alex & Simon got axed while their sons were young; Heather, Aviva, and Jules only lasted a couple of seasons each, and Sonja & Bethenny's exes won't let their kids on. 

But in NY, Teresa's youngest was born in the second season, and Melissa's have been on since Gino's baptism, and their other kids were elementary age or younger. Now Gia's bloody driving, Antonia, Gabriella, and Milania are young women, and the Gorga boys are at least old enough to have personalities. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

I guess Nonno is Teresa's storyline this season. Well, that and the two leathery gym rats she's bodybuilding with.

I said she looked like beef jerky in her competition pics. Works for me. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I have only one thing to say about this episode: If I'd been Polly, with all that open acreage available for surreptitious grave-digging, and someone came into my home and disrespected every danged single thing about my house, my party, my state, my food, everything, well, she'd have disappeared into that wide open range and never been seen again. Polly is clearly a better human than I am. Jennifer is lower than pond scum, ungrateful, loud-mouthed, supercilious, arrogant, and grotesque. 

• Love 13

I think I found the house on Google Maps on Alpine Dr. It looks like it is new construction, and Margaret was right, it's near the cemetery, and (assuming it really is the highest point in Paramus) overlooks Neiman Marcus.

Edited by SweetieDarling
I actually used Margaret's description to find it on the map
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

I have only one thing to say about this episode: If I'd been Polly, with all that open acreage available for surreptitious grave-digging, and someone came into my home and disrespected every danged single thing about my house, my party, my state, my food, everything, well, she'd have disappeared into that wide open range and never been seen again. Polly is clearly a better human than I am. Jennifer is lower than pond scum, ungrateful, loud-mouthed, supercilious, arrogant, and grotesque. 

Oh jeez bwhahahaha! Almost choked to death on this

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Wicked said:

After hearing so much about her wonderful home, I went to bravo.com to see if she has a house tour posted.  Her house is big, but just boring and unimpressive.  It doesn't seem decorated at all, just super plain and basic. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-9/videos/tour-jennifer-aydins-sprawling-home

Another big fugly house. All the rooms are too big and unappealing. Did she mention she has 16 bathrooms? Lol

Anyway Paramus is eh okay, but it's far from the other beautiful towns around it. Actually it kinda sucks with all the Malls there.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

There were a lot of untrained people around some high powered guns. Could have been a tragic accident.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, esco1822 said:

It's worth pointing out that NJ seem to have the worst kids (currently) of all the franchises. OC had/has (RYAN) a couple of duds but overall I think they kids are mostly well-adjusted.  These kids are mostly maniacs with the exception of Dolores's kids, Danielle's daughters and maybe Gia. I liked the Manzo kids too but this young crop is mostly brats. 

I don't know. Those Jersey kids have some tough competition in Brandi from Dallas's kids. Brinkley and Brooklyn....or whatever-the-fuck their names are? They are just AWFUL. 

I think all time worst are Lynn's kids from OC. 

But yea, Jersey seems to have the biggest batch of current little kids at home, and some of them are a bit on the ornery side. I tend to be wary of criticizing kids on these shows. It's hard to judge if they're just acting up for the cameras or what. So I'll often give kids a pass. But the Gorga boys have become increasingly disrespectful of their mother - the point that it's not funny, cameras or not. And Jennifer's kids have only been briefly shown; but damn, they seem incredibly spoiled. 

• Love 7
On 11/29/2018 at 2:53 PM, dosodog said:

Does Nonno need 24 hour care? When Theresa was on Oklahoma, did someone come in to watch her dad?

seriously, the man is only in his 60's i believe. he looks terrible and probably won't last that long. i'm sure he's got bucks or his daughter could help him out on a place to live. he's perfectly capable of living on his own. what happened to his house anyway. and i don't blame joe one bit for not coming over all the time to see him. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

seriously, the man is only in his 60's i believe. he looks terrible and probably won't last that long. i'm sure he's got bucks or his daughter could help him out on a place to live. he's perfectly capable of living on his own. what happened to his house anyway. and i don't blame joe one bit for not coming over all the time to see him. 

Teresa's mom was 66 when she died, but I can't find much about her father's age. Only one report that he's 75? He's been in and out of the hospital quite a few times in the past several months. He's never looked super healthy to me. But it's not uncommon for one spouse to rapidly deteriorate after losing the other. 

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Teresa's mom was 66 when she died, but I can't find much about her father's age. Only one report that he's 75? He's been in and out of the hospital quite a few times in the past several months. He's never looked super healthy to me. But it's not uncommon for one spouse to rapidly deteriorate after losing the other. 

True. Just look last night's breaking US news regarding Bush #41.. 7 mths after wife..married since 1945.

If Nonno has health issues (which I suspect is something) then Tre might need to come to a realization that caring for her dad is too much for her to handle and Joe doesn't seem to want to be bothered much. If that is the case, then she needs to look into a day-nurse or day-facility.  Family isn't always the long-term answer for care of a loved one.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, sATL said:

True. Just look last night's breaking US news regarding Bush #41.. 7 mths after wife..married since 1945.

If Nonno has health issues (which I suspect is something) then Tre might need to come to a realization that caring for her dad is too much for her to handle and Joe doesn't seem to want to be bothered much. If that is the case, then she needs to look into a day-nurse or day-facility.  Family isn't always the long-term answer for care of a loved one.

From personal experience, this is easier said than done, especially with a grumpy old Italian man with his mind set in his ways. He'll be reluctant to pay a stranger for services that he feels his children and grandchildren should be willingly and joyfully doing for him for free.

• Love 16
18 hours ago, MadLove said:

Another big fugly house. All the rooms are too big and unappealing. Did she mention she has 16 bathrooms? Lol

She did mention the 16 bathrooms! But she also said she has two toilets in the master bath in case she and her husband have to shit at the same time. Huh. Maybe she was just showcasing that renowned humor she keeps referencing!

Can you have a home that size that feels warm and beautiful? I've never seen one. I think "big" is an aesthetic to these types. Like the emptier it is, the richer it looks? Is that it? That gold and pale, hideous furniture is straight out of Scarface. I was into the kitchens and baths, which could use some color, but come pretty much finished. Those living areas, though. Booooo.

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:19 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

I think Teresa is pissed off that Joe isn’t spending time with their dad when she is at home....to give her time off/a break from caring for their dad. Spending time with their dad when she is away is all well and good, but for her that isn’t giving her a break from being his carer. Trees wants him to spend time with their dad when it would normally be on her. She is just hopeless at articulating this! My husband and I had his mother live with us for a few years before she passed away this year and the other two brothers did nothing, so I think that might be her perspective.

I get that but why does she act all pissy when Melissa is telling her Joe is with their dad at the moment?  How does that help?   It's almost like she was pissy he was doing what she'd asked him to do because she couldn't kvetch about him not doing it.  There was really no reason for her sourpuss face when Melissa was telling them about Joe's dinner, it just made her look petty and bitchy.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:35 AM, ghoulina said:

That cracked me up. Dolores, without Siggy, is really winning me over this year. 

Dolores is definitely better without Siggy but she still needs to learn the difference between a loyal friend and a mindless foot soldier.  You can be a good friend without backing up every last thing your friend does, even when that friend is clearly in the wrong.  Part of being a real friend is being able to be honest with your friends and letting them know when they're out of line.  

• Love 9

Let's be real.  Paramus is fine, but when you consider the other towns in Bergen County, it really doesn't stand up with ridgewood, tenafly, saddle river, rockleigh, etc.  It has definitely become more desireable in recent years, mainly because of the lower property taxes.  But Jennifer lives next to a cemetery overlooking the mall.  Not impressed.

There was really no reason for her sourpuss face when Melissa was telling them about Joe's dinner, it just made her look petty and bitchy.

I assumed that she was getting upset hearing about her dad joking he was getting a hotel room with Melissa's mom, and upset that Melissa was relaying the story to the group.  She probably sees the whole thing as disrespectful to her mom, melissa as being extra disrespectful by repeating the jokes publicly, and then subconsciously horrified at the thought of another gorga working her way into the family.

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

I get that but why does she act all pissy when Melissa is telling her Joe is with their dad at the moment?  How does that help?   It's almost like she was pissy he was doing what she'd asked him to do because she couldn't kvetch about him not doing it.  There was really no reason for her sourpuss face when Melissa was telling them about Joe's dinner, it just made her look petty and bitchy.

Dolores is definitely better without Siggy but she still needs to learn the difference between a loyal friend and a mindless foot soldier.  You can be a good friend without backing up every last thing your friend does, even when that friend is clearly in the wrong.  Part of being a real friend is being able to be honest with your friends and letting them know when they're out of line.  

Isn't that her normal look?

• Love 5

Jennifer is odious. I can't wait to see her New Money Tackfest and meet her beastly children next week. Maybe Milania will find someone to outbeast her. 

Other New Housewife is a hoot. She reminds of the blonde actress that used to be on Army Wives. (Yes, i am too lazy to run an IMDB search).

Teresa is on a Sob Story Redemption Tour. No way for the convicted felon of the family to prop herself up but tear someone else down. Gee, somehow when she was in prison, Joe and Melissa did a fine job of looking after all of the Juicy's. Especially since Juicy Joe had no license. But now, when she needs to polish her halo, he's a slacker? Give me a break. 

• Love 16
On 11/28/2018 at 9:11 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

She’s semi human with the shit your pants/dinner joke but good god can she stop bragging 

I'm surprised she didn't brag on how spectacular her shit stains were - maybe it came out in the shape 2 C's back to back like the Chanel logo

On 11/28/2018 at 9:38 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I have a fountain...I have a fountain to..... well I have a bidet ...... I am gonna snap if she keeps this up all season 

Dolores - I have a garden hose - hah!

• Love 8
On 11/29/2018 at 7:19 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

I think Teresa is pissed off that Joe isn’t spending time with their dad when she is at home....to give her time off/a break from caring for their dad. Spending time with their dad when she is away is all well and good, but for her that isn’t giving her a break from being his carer. Trees wants him to spend time with their dad when it would normally be on her. She is just hopeless at articulating this! My husband and I had his mother live with us for a few years before she passed away this year and the other two brothers did nothing, so I think that might be her perspective.

Melissa was on WWHL and Joe was in the audience.

He claims he was so busy with work - and it was just for 2 weeks when they first started filming.

I call BS - because if he was spending time with his dad or even calling him a few times a week - that would have come up on film with Joe saying WTF is Teresa talking about I see him/call him all the time.

Joe is a douchebag

• Love 3

I hope somebody in the know can explain to me why anybody would want, let alone require, 2+ bathrooms per bedroom. 2 for the master, I can see that. A second "master" on a different floor with its own en suite bath, sure. But I keep envisioning a row of bathrooms off the living room like fancy port o potties. Maybe husband did somebody's nose job in return for a couple dozen yards of tile or something?

Her employees could probably sue for the bag check violation, though I'll go out on a limb and assume they aren't drawing paychecks with taxes taken out of them and might not be in a position to cry foul.

I've long since forgotten what Dolores did last season, but whatever it was it was so viscerally awful that my reaction was that she wasn't merely unpleasant, but in fact seriously bad news and someone I'd cut off in real life even on a superficial social basis. She can be charming enough, as on this trip, but she can turn, and then hard. Darkness there.

Marge is bringing it this year, but they can stop Mama Joyce-ing Marge Sr. If they don't know enough to be embarrassed I am for them.

I like new blonde lady.

Melissa is right to stay out of the brother-sister fight. For all T's faults, Joe had a history with his father (those christening flashbacks).  T may feed off of in competition with Melissa, but she's not driving those complaints, the father is. I wonder if Joe got closer with both parents and did a lot for them while Teresa was away but once the mother died the strained relationship with his father surfaced again, especially with the return of the golden child.

• Love 14

You're not alone, Hockey Addict.  Like his daughter (Tre), he is never happy...no matter what you do. Joe could see/talk to him 3 times a week, and that would never be enough for Nonno.

And you know that old saying "misery loves company". That describes Nonno & Tre to a T! (pun intended)

• Love 13
On 12/1/2018 at 9:51 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

I assumed that she was getting upset hearing about her dad joking he was getting a hotel room with Melissa's mom, and upset that Melissa was relaying the story to the group.  She probably sees the whole thing as disrespectful to her mom, melissa as being extra disrespectful by repeating the jokes publicly, and then subconsciously horrified at the thought of another gorga working her way into the family.

Teresa needs to get a sense of humor.  I thought that whole exchange between Melissa's mom and Papa Gorga hilarious.  It sounds like something my family would do with my widowed mother.  It's funny because it would never happen.  

• Love 12

So many weird things this season!

I never heard of a woman going by the name "senior," ie "Marge Sr."  Is this a thing?  Her interactions with son in law were cute, though.

Polly the hostess wins.  How she hosted that dreadful, horrible Jennifer and did not lose her cool is beyond me.  Give her a medal immediately.  She was lovely and gracious despite Jennifer's disgraceful behavior.

I was surprised the other women didn't interject against Jennifer's rude comments sooner in the trip.

Teresa, Teresa, Teresa.  You are irredeemable.  You are a horrible human being.  Shut the f up about your father and your brother, already.  Leave Melissa out of it.  Leave the rest of the group out of it.  PS Your hair, plastic surgery and makeup all look ridiculous and homely this season.

Nona is a grumpy asshole.  He needs to think about someone other than himself.  I wouldn't want to visit him often either!!!

Dolores was a good sport about the trailer.  She's improved this year.

I like Jackie so far.  She seems polite, honest, kind and spunky.  So far, so good.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, RabbiBeth said:

Nona is a grumpy asshole.  He needs to think about someone other than himself.  I wouldn't want to visit him often either!!!

When boy-child first moved from Boston to Jersey, I was kind of like Nono in that he never called or texted, so when he did I'd be like "HONEY!  YOUR SON IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!"  or "hello, who is this?  I don't recognize this voice at all...are you selling Avon?"  (I'm a super fun mom, you guys...LOL)

But then people started saying, "if you're going to tease him whenever he calls and make him feel bad, that's not gonna make him want to talk to you."

um, ooops....and...lesson learned.  now I just say hi!!!

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, RabbiBeth said:

I never heard of a woman going by the name "senior," ie "Marge Sr."  Is this a thing?

I've never heard of it either, but I kind of like it. It reminds me of Lorelai Gilmore naming her daughter after herself. 

• Love 2

By the way, as others have stated, Paramus is nothing special in terms of residential areas.  I am surprised Jennifer lives in Paramus.  It's really a town known for its enormous stretches of crowded shopping malls and for its huge sprawling cemeteries.  There are many more beautiful and wealthy towns in Northern NJ than Paramus. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RabbiBeth said:

By the way, as others have stated, Paramus is nothing special in terms of residential areas.  I am surprised Jennifer lives in Paramus.  It's really a town known for its enormous stretches of crowded shopping malls and for its huge sprawling cemeteries.  There are many more beautiful and wealthy towns in Northern NJ than Paramus. 

Sure, but do the homes there have 16 bathrooms? What about his and her toilets in the master suite or a basketball court? Can you see Neiman Marcus Manhattan? and THE most beautiful sunset? Hmmmm?

She has standards, you know  ;-)

• Love 5

I'm here for Jackie now. Didn't like her at first but now- especially the preview with calling out Tree & Juicy going to the clink- that's ballsy & honest. It doesn't seem played up for camera...it seems honestly her reaction. 

Tree's tagline this season is...off to me. It doesn't sound natural coming out of her mouth. Have we ever heard her say the expression "roll with the punches" -or any expression for that matter? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Tree's tagline this season is...off to me. It doesn't sound natural coming out of her mouth. Have we ever heard her say the expression "roll with the punches" -or any expression for that matter? 

She will probably do some boxing for cardio or something. The taglines are sometimes that literal.

Jennifer and her husband are precisely the people who'd rather have the showiest house in a less prestigious place than a modest house in a more prestigious place. The ritzier communities would never grant permits for what I expect we're about to see.

I can't recall if they've said if they're Muslim, but it seemed peculiar that she acted so conservative about interacting with other men yet seemed quite freewheeling about getting her drink on.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 2
On 11/30/2018 at 8:10 PM, Wicked said:

After hearing so much about her wonderful home, I went to bravo.com to see if she has a house tour posted.  Her house is big, but just boring and unimpressive.  It doesn't seem decorated at all, just super plain and basic. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-9/videos/tour-jennifer-aydins-sprawling-home

Totally agree.  Reminds me of being 'house poor' and not being able to afford to have an interior designer.  It actually reminds me a lot of Tre's house.

Wow?  Paramus?  The land of malls.  It's not exactly Bergen County's most desirable town.  You got a 'big' house with nothing in it.  I'm supposed to be impressed?  No offense to people who live in Paramus - I think you get what I mean because of Jenn's bragging and one upping.

Just not into Marge Sr.

I'm liking Jackie.

I just can't look at Tre's face.  It's scary.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

If she had used any expressions they would have been wrong, simple common phrases trip her up...I wish I could remember some of the gems from past seasons, she reminds me of the old comedian Norm Crosby who always mixed up metaphors and such.

• Love 6

To the above- exactly my point! She's got some language barriers for sure. I realize she grew up speaking a lot of Italian because of her parents so it accounts for the lack of metaphor and idiom knowledge.  My sister always had a problem with that also because we gre up bilingual. I on the other hand speak in all idiom, metaphor and movie quotes lol

• Love 5
21 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

OMG.  I can't even with Jen's blog.  It reeks of the kind of privilege you can only find with those who are the unfortunate combination of wealthy and colossally dumb.   

This was brilliant!!!!

Personally, I’m neither wealthy nor colossally dumb. I would personally take wealthy though. So, giving Jennifer the benefit of the doubt and her nervousness with new “friends” and being on TV - that does not justify her absolute nastiness to wonderful Polly and our lovely state of Oklahoma. The horrendously self-justificating, defensive blog she posted (I rarely read those blogs) just ma made dislike her even more. Other awful housewives have preceded her (and I’ve watched all of them) but she’s the first one that I’ve wanted to ... OK not sure how to put these feelings (or desired actions) into words....

Edited by Stats Queen
Spelling matters
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

OMG.  I can't even with Jen's blog.  It reeks of the kind of privilege you can only find with those who are the unfortunate combination of wealthy and colossally dumb.   

Cringeworthy, and I only made it through the first half.  I know Bravo likes for these women to blog but in this case they should take her keyboard away.

• Love 3

Haha - I think if Bravo ever approached me for a show that it would mean I need to stop everything and take a long hard look at myself to figure out what it is that i am doing that makes me real housewives-material and then immediately fix it!!!

Bravo:  "you would be a fantastic addition to our show"

Me:  "Fuck.  Get me to therapy right away." 

• Love 12
On 12/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Not to mention that driving in that area can be pure mayhem!

Truth, I grew up in Bergen County and was in Englewood last night for a concert.  Driving Route 4 at night was a trip!  I miss the energy but glad I live the laidback life “down the shore” now.

• Love 4

I hate being shallow but I will make a reference now that I hope someone out there can see as well. Jennifer looks like the late (RIP) Alexis Arquette only without makeup. No offense to Alexis.  

• Love 3