Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: You're a Fish Approver!

Chalby
  • Start Topic

I am enjoying the children a lot more now that they are maturing. However, I still have two issues. One - I have trouble understanding what Zoey is saying so I am grateful for the closed caption. I also found that she doesn't seem to consider others when speaking; she delivers an excited monologue that requires no input other than an adult saying "Yes" to whatever she is demanding. Secondly, the fingers digging into the peanut butter jar with no appearance that this is unacceptable truly turned my stomach. They're too old for that behaviour. A sign should be put up stating "please politely decline any PP&J sandwiches offered by the Klein family". Blech. One last gripe - the kids really need to start acknowledging others when they are spoken to. When an adult says "Hello" and they simply walk by, it would be good for the audience to understand why the cold shoulder?

• Love 13

I loved the berry pink lipstick Jen was wearing in some of the TH's. It's funny because when she first got her pixie cut I didn't care for it, but the look has really grown on me. 

Le House. *sigh*. First let me say, Jen has exquisite taste and the contractors' work turned out beautifully. However, I don't think the cool-toned color palette and contemporary finishes suit the Mediterranean architecture. I'm not saying they should've designed the place to look like the inside of an Olive Garden, but the end result just didn't quite click for me. I still like the layout of the Houston house better.

Finally, wow. Bill and Jen managed to finagle a free trip to China for ten people?! Can't knock the hustle on that one...

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11

The master bathtub confused me.  Why didn't they just get a walk-in tub?  They have seats, jets, etc.  I'm sure they could have made it look nicer than the standard ones.  Having that high and deep tub just didn't make sense to me.

Zoey is cute and precocious, but she doesn't have very good manners when it comes to interacting with others.  Loved her concern about the library, though.  She is one smart little girl.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

The scene with Bill and Zoey (in the car telling each other their feelings) was 100% adorable.

Zoey is a special little girl! How can you not melt when your child tells you out of nowhere that they love you? Especially when Zoey and Bill got off to such a rocky start it's nice to see how they have bonded. 

I'm tired of hearing Will tell Jen "NO". Jen was nicely trying to show him where his bed would be placed and he kept saying No! I want it here! She has a lot of patience with that kid. 

I thought the house reno was nice but was underwhelmed by the kitchen. The kitchen in the Houston house was stunning, this one was kind of blah. 

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, camom said:

The master bathtub confused me.  Why didn't they just get a walk-in tub?

My guess would be a walk-in tub would be not up to Jen's style.  There is no disguising that door.  The tub they got screams very serious accident waiting to happen. I am average size with some ortho issues affecting my legs and I would be scared to death to use that tub, even with steps with all that marble.   The computerized toilet is ridiculous and perfect for people who love to boast ....look at my expensive stuff.    Wait until the computer malfunctions and it burns Bill's ass and the bidet turns into a geyser of last nights dinner.

Speaking of doors, what is up with their front door? Did something try to combine those colors for an aged effect?  It looks like a door on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney.

The other doors, on the Sub Zero, yes Bill some of us know its a Sub that cost around $30K. but thanks for making sure we all know now.

The kids rooms look really small for such a big home.

The main color in the house is cold and there are way too many small shuttered windows. 

A trip to China for Will?  He is way too young to appreciate and absorb it.   Its a TLC plot with a side trip so Bill can meet with his pee pad manufacturers.

With Jen saying last week she HAD to get back, how does she manage to work much with all these big trips? After all, she said she just started and its important she is at work.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, camom said:

Zoey is cute and precocious, but she doesn't have very good manners when it comes to interacting with others.  Loved her concern about the library, though.  She is one smart little girl.

It drives me crazy how both kids boss people around so rudely. I couldn't believe it when Zoey slammed her door on grandpa and declared "no boys allowed". My parents would never have let me treat my grandparents that way.

Jen does have impeccable taste - they did a really nice job on the renovation. Have they addressed why they chose a house with so many stairs? Is there an elevator somewhere? 

• Love 6

The kitchen was ugly.  The backsplash went to the ceiling and the design of the tiles was so unorganized, I got dizzy looking at it.

What makes me laugh is when people like the Klein's insist that they NEED a water spout over the stove so they don't have to carry a big pot of water from the sink.  If that's the reason, then how do they get the big pot of water to the sink after cooking?!?  The set up looked ridiculous.

And I hated those HUGE black handles on EVERY DOOR AND DRAWER in the kitchen.  Really?

I liked her design of the Houston kitchen much better.

• Love 10

I'm agreeing with everyone's posts.

They definitely could gave whittled down this episode to 1/2 hour.  I was so tired of being reminded  how hard & strenuous moving day is.  Most of us have been through moving days with children including moving things twice. We get it.  The Kleins aren't the first.

I don't get the tub thing either.  Who cares if the walk in kind isn't as pretty as a regular Jacuzzi type tub?  Safety first in my book. The tub Jen got looks so deep for her height. Like the water will be up to her neck when she's standing & the seat looked on the low side.

Zoey was on a roll in this episode but agree both her & Will need to work on their manners. She literally looked like she was going to explode with excitement at the fish store.  Her explaining about the fish needing to sleep in beds was priceless as well as her reading the book out loud to herself.  (I loved when my son used to do the same thing.)  The library part was funny too.  Her chocolate donut looked so good and it was as big as she is.  

I was wondering too about Jen getting time off from her new job for the trip to China.  I'm thinking she told the hospital of the already planned  trip in the interview/hiring process & they said OK.   

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Wait until the computer malfunctions and it burns Bill's ass and the bidet turns into a geyser of last nights dinner.

Haha that made me spit water -

I agree, it seems those kids rooms were tiny and much smaller than what they had in Houston.  Did anyone else catch Bill's dad remark about not being able to cook for the kids ? I have no issue with them being able to customize to their liking, but if one of their "pro's" was to be closer to family - it seems that kitchen is mighty uncomfortable for average size folks.   I still am surprised they are 5 and 7 with some of the ways they act.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

The kitchen was ugly.  The backsplash went to the ceiling and the design of the tiles was so unorganized, I got dizzy looking at it.

I agree.  Too much of everything, very dizzy inducing.  I remember looking at a home to buy and the kitchen's tile, counter and walls were so overdone I got a headache.

"What makes me laugh is when people like the Klein's insist that they NEED a water spout over the stove"

Another serious accident waiting to happen with a heavy pot of boiling water. Plus since the kids can reach everything, the whole kitchen is a safety issue.

The pool, the dock......with very spirited kids who do not listen or obey it makes me wonder about their decisions.

Now, all of a sudden Will seems rather subdued.   He seemed sedated at the sleep study and on this episode seemed happy to sit or lay around ignoring everyone.

• Love 7

Yes Will was not his screaming self thank God!  Maybe he is growing up or has been scolded (doubtful)....I think Bil’s father doesn’t tolerate misbehaviour like Judy and Dave do...Judy seems to encourage “do what you want” to both kids basically telling them they can do no wrong.  

Yes, that “well” Jen picked for her bathtub is an accident waiting to happen to someone with the severe lack of mobility she has and now imagine her wet and soapy and how easy it would be to slip.  Yikes....also the kids could wander in and think that is a great hiding spot and might fall head first into it.  Opulence is the name of the Klein’s game, we may be small but everything we have is oversize!  Except of course the kid’s rooms, I agree they were cute but smaller than before and for a house that size.  

I too can’t imagine Bill’s father getting down to make a grilled cheese sandwich for the kids in that kitchen....the tap over the stove is for pasta water to make it easy however there still exists carrying the boiling pot of water over to the sink...

In Houston they had a company come and child proof their home before they got Will now if they brought the same kind of diligence to this home I think it would be an epic F.A.I.L. 

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 4

I really liked the look of the renovations, and see nothing wrong with making the kitchen more accessible for Jen & Bill.  They're the ones using it on a daily basis; guests will just have to adapt, just like Jen & Bill do when going anywhere else.

Zoey's concern over having the public invade their "library" was hysterical.  She's a pistol!  ;-)

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Yes, that well Jen picked for her bathtub 

LOL well.....

Might as well have installed a bucket and rope to hoist her up and down into it.

Since she loves farmhouse coastal (gag me) here is what she should pick for her faucet.

pfister-lf-042-yp0u.jpg

• Love 2

It's funny all the things they complain about can be filed under "white whine" or "first world problems". Bill with the whole "we didn't have a dishwasher!" and "now we have to unpack 3 pods of stuff and see where it is!" "the kids used to have to share a sink!". Like everything out of their mouths is a white whine, not a real problem by any means. It is conspicuous consumption and funny to me all the things they have to have!  Those white couches and generally everything brand new and light colored has to be stressful for Jen with these kids around. They are going to put their sticky hands on it and scratch things etc. Just wear and tear you get with kids. I do like her wall color, in fact I have the same color on my walls, I think that must be why, lol.

If they lived for 3 and a half months without it, they probably don't really need it.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I really liked the look of the renovations, and see nothing wrong with making the kitchen more accessible for Jen & Bill.  They're the ones using it on a daily basis; guests will just have to adapt, just like Jen & Bill do when going anywhere else.

Exactly. Too bad for Bill's dad if he has to cook a grilled cheese sandwich. If you can't stand in that kitchen for 10 minutes to make a grilled cheese, then don't cook there!  Of course, I hope Bill's dad was just trying to be funny with that comment. I never cared for him anyway considering how he left Bill's mom with 3 kids to support by herself and no financial assistance.  

• Love 9

In the past couple of episodes, Will seems a little sad to me.

Will, who is usually happy and up for anything, said no to karate and no to the costume contest. He has also been unusually serious.

I hope that things are going ok for him in the new school and neighborhood.

They said that they have been in Florida for 3 1/2 months. He was his usual self 3 1/2 months ago in the Houston house. Kids usually don't mature that quickly. I think maybe things aren't going as well for Will as Bill is letting on.

Edited by Libby
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Exactly. Too bad for Bill's dad if he has to cook a grilled cheese sandwich. If you can't stand in that kitchen for 10 minutes to make a grilled cheese, then don't cook there!  Of course, I hope Bill's dad was just trying to be funny with that comment. I never cared for him anyway considering how he left Bill's mom with 3 kids to support by herself and no financial assistance.  

Let’s not forget Kate the caregiver who will be making their meals more than anyone considering how much take out the Kleins eat!  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Speaking of doors, what is up with their front door? Did something try to combine those colors for an aged effect?  It looks like a door on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney.

The other doors, on the Sub Zero, yes Bill some of us know its a Sub that cost around $30K. but thanks for making sure we all know now.

The main color in the house is cold and there are way too many small shuttered windows. 

I agree, to all of this. 

I don't understand that front door either - it was beautiful before when it highlighted the natural wood, now it looks like some kind of cheap paint or something. I agree with what others have said about the kitchen as well...I especially disliked the ceiling in the kitchen, that looks like flooring material instead of something for a ceiling.

I liked the color palette and style of the house the way it was when they bought it. To me, they spent a ton of money to make the house look worse.

I'm glad they like it though, it's their money and their house.

• Love 3

I loved the turtle sink stopper in the kids bathroom..  

Annoyed me also when Zoey slammed the door on the grandpa. It's like they have no respect for adults. Maybe it's from being treated as equals to the adults. 

The kids rooms are much smaller.  When they were showing the rooms to the grandparents and they said how nice the playroom was, one of the kids said it was too small.

I wonder if Will is being teased at school. 

Are all 3 sets of grandparents going to China? Plus the nanny and her husband?  Must be costing a fortune!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

I loved the turtle sink stopper in the kids bathroom..  

Annoyed me also when Zoey slammed the door on the grandpa. It's like they have no respect for adults. Maybe it's from being treated as equals to the adults. 

The kids rooms are much smaller.  When they were showing the rooms to the grandparents and they said how nice the playroom was, one of the kids said it was too small.

I wonder if Will is being teased at school. 

Are all 3 sets of grandparents going to China? Plus the nanny and her husband?  Must be costing a fortune!

The kids don't seem to be very polite to adults in general. Whenever store clerks ask them questions or try to engage them they either just walk away or start making demands. You rarely hear please and thank-you.

I don't expect Will and Zoe to get it at such a young age, but I really hope Bill and Jen start instilling some level of appreciation in them. They're living a life most kids can only dream about. They come across as very entitled at times.

I was wondering the same about Will with regards to bullying. I was really surprised he didn't want to do the costume contest. That sounded like something that would be right up his alley. 

• Love 10

Ratings:  1.458 M viewers and a .26 rating.

I know quite a few kids from ages 3 to 8 and most of them say please and thank you and respond to questions from adults.  They aren't allowed to slam doors in anyone's face.  I'd say 80% of the baseball team for instance says thank you for their treat bags at the games.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 10

The things that Zoey says are very cute. However, I do think that she's showing off for the camera.

I can't believe that people who seem to care about their children's well being so much, won't give up the money and pull the plug on the show.

To me it's seems to be a no brainer that broadcasting your children on TV isn't good for them.

The thing that is most disturbing to me is that Bill and Jen just seem to do the show to have more money to waste. If it came across that they needed the money, it would be different.

• Love 7

Jen's tub reminds me of looking down into a well.

I am flummoxed how she will get in and out of it safely...thinking a ladder like for a pool

Still think it isn't safe to descend into or climb her way out of....see her tumbling in as she peers to climb in without her glasses and too slippery to get out without hurting herself.....

Also what if the water doesn't stop and it fills up above her head...she needs an alarm system, emergency water cut off, and a lifeguard rescue floatie

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

I am flummoxed how she will get in and out of it safely...thinking a ladder like for a pool

Still think it isn't safe to descend into or climb her way out of....see her tumbling in as she peers to climb in without her glasses and too slippery to get out without hurting herself.....

Also what if the water doesn't stop and it fills up above her head...she needs an alarm system, emergency water cut off, and a lifeguard rescue floatie

I agree. You'd think a standard, plain Jane tub would've been the best option if she didn't want to do the walk-in. It's not deep and the side isn't high. The one she chose was like a barrel. Having to climb a set of stairs and try to balance on slippery marble is an accident waiting to happen. Bill was making a big deal about the jets and aromatherapy feature, so it seems like having the latest and greatest took precedence over common sense.

• Love 9

I wondered why they put the new fish tank on the 3rd floor. All that's up there is the master bedroom and office. If the children want to look at the fish, they will have to go up there specifically to see them. I think within 2 weeks, the kids will forget that they even have fish.

I think that it would have been better to put the fish on the 2nd floor. This way the kids would see them as they went about their day.

• Love 14

I think with shorter than normal arms, a bidet is a great idea.  I remember when Bill had his back surgery Jen had to wipe for him, too bad they didn't have the bidet then.  The kids rooms are big enough, the problem is they have the same amount of stuff in them, that they had in the old rooms.  I really LOVE Will's light fixture.  It's wonderful that they no longer have to share a bathroom, when Zoe is a teenager they are going to be very glad.  I loved Zoe taking Jen's hand and telling her the needed to have a talk.  Some of the things that Zoe says makes her seem wise beyond her years.

I am amazed that Jen has had that white couch for a few years now, and so far it has survived the kids.  I would have it a month before I spilled something on it myself.

I hope they have a monthly service for the salt water tank, the upkeep is pretty time consuming.....to do it the right way.

I love their renovations, and I think Jen will survive her bath tub.  Lol

• Love 7

How is that over tufted white seating monstrosity comfortable for anyone much less those with shorter legs and arms trying to scoot and walk their butt cheeks backward to get situated?

Thinking that piece of furniture was better on paper than in reality.

They need a more user friendly front door.

The oversized and awkward door makes it less safe for all the Kleins.

Glad to see Kate.

• Love 2

The kids’ bedrooms are on the third floor, master and office on second floor. Jen stated it would not be OK to put the tank in one bedroom so they chose a middle point.

Will and Zoey share a bathroom but now they have two sinks.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

How is that over tufted white seating monstrosity comfortable for anyone much less those with shorter legs and arms trying to scoot and walk their butt cheeks backward to get situated?

Thinking that piece of furniture was better on paper than in reality.

They need a more user friendly front door.

The oversized and awkward door makes it less safe for all the Kleins.

Glad to see Kate.

I wonder if they'll really use the front door?  We never use our front door unless someone we don't know well is coming over.  Otherwise, everyone comes in from the garage into the mudroom.

• Love 4
On 11/28/2018 at 4:19 PM, bichonblitz said:

Yes, I was really surprised that Bill's mom can be so cordial to him now.  I was also surprised to learn they were on welfare.  Bill's dad should be glad Bill and his brothers learned to be so forgiving because many kids wouldn't be able to have such a close relationship with a parent and step-parent who behaved that way (it seemed to me that Bill's dad left his mom for the step-mom?).

33 minutes ago, SMama said:

The kids’ bedrooms are on the third floor, master and office on second floor. Jen stated it would not be OK to put the tank in one bedroom so they chose a middle point.

Is it a Jack and Jill bath?  I can't remember.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Bill was making a big deal about the jets and aromatherapy feature, so it seems like having the latest and greatest took precedence over common sense.

To continue with my other post regarding the computerized toilet........and having such nonsense imo.

There will come a day when wires and signals cross. Bill's farts will be re-routed to the tub and provide Jen with some amazing aromatherapy.  Kinda like a Barnyard Coastal scent?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Plus she likes her wine.  Could have a Whitney Houston repeat.

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

I’ve said it before...Bill’s Mother has quiet dignity and for the good of her boys she has forgiven the past dastardly behavior of her ex husband.

Bill’s Dad is a loudmouth.

They’re all seniors now but it’s hard to see why wife number two was worth dumping wife number one and the kiddos for.  Maybe she was wilder in the sack.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 3

Even if Jen stands up on the tub’s bench the jets and magical pulsations will drown her....

Those two external handles aren’t helpful...she cannot hoist herself out of the tub with them.

She barely clears the edge of the tub standing next to it on the bathroom floor.

Shudder to think if Zoey or Will gets in the tub and turn the water on unsupervised.

Tub is too deep...plain and simple.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SMama said:

I thought the kids bedrooms were on the same floor as the kitchen and living areas, so the 2nd floor.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Spike said:

Plus she likes her wine.  Could have a Whitney Houston repeat.

Reasonably sure Jennifer doesn't also partake of cocaine, benzos, and muscle relaxers before taking a soak, as did Whitney the night she passed away in the bathtub. 

12 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jennifer is a smart woman, quite cognizant of her physical limitations, and extremely cautious as a result. Jennifer also has money. I am certain that if Jennifer felt unsafe using the tub, it would have been replaced. Seriously, I don't think Jennifer is going to meet her demise in that bathtub....

10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I’ve said it before...Bill’s Mother has quiet dignity and for the good of her boys she has forgiven the past dastardly behavior of her ex husband.

Bill’s Dad is a loudmouth.

Agreed!  Barbara seems like a really lovely woman.  Something about her comes across to me as very comforting, as well.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, readheaded said:

Yes, I was really surprised that Bill's mom can be so cordial to him now.  I was also surprised to learn they were on welfare.  Bill's dad should be glad Bill and his brothers learned to be so forgiving because many kids wouldn't be able to have such a close relationship with a parent and step-parent who behaved that way (it seemed to me that Bill's dad left his mom for the step-mom?).

I wonder what Jen really thinks of Bill's dad. It would be very difficult to have any respect for that man. 

• Love 7
On 11/28/2018 at 12:53 PM, Cherrio said:

My guess would be a walk-in tub would be not up to Jen's style.  There is no disguising that door.  The tub they got screams very serious accident waiting to happen. I am average size with some ortho issues affecting my legs and I would be scared to death to use that tub, even with steps with all that marble.   The computerized toilet is ridiculous and perfect for people who love to boast ....look at my expensive stuff.    Wait until the computer malfunctions and it burns Bill's ass and the bidet turns into a geyser of last nights dinner.

A trip to China for Will?  He is way too young to appreciate and absorb it.   Its a TLC plot with a side trip so Bill can meet with his pee pad manufacturers.

With Jen saying last week she HAD to get back, how does she manage to work much with all these big trips? After all, she said she just started and its important she is at work.

Excellent Summation of what I was thinking, but too afraid to say.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

SGirl does not remember our time in China (16 mos old) but knows all about it through the pictures and videos we have. We made a poster collage of our trip, and at 11 years old she loves to point to the pictures and “tell us” what happened.

She met her only living great grandma when she was two years old and does not remember a thing. But she has pictures and video of GG singing to her and telling her how much she loved her. SGirl looks at those pictures and video with pride. Had we waited until SGirl was old enough to remember she would not have met her GG, since she passed away the following year.

SGirl does not remember her first two trips to Puerto Rico and Maui to visit grandparents. Again, pictures and videos have given her many hours of giggling about being a baby and being there. If we all waited until kids could remember we would not do anything until they are 10+ years old.

• Love 11

I thought the house was gorgeous, except I wanted to see more pops of that teal/aqua color that Jen loves. Like the color of her old stove (which was so freaking amazing). 

They maybe felt the 3rd floor would be a nice calm environment for the fish, with all hardwood floors and the kids running around it might cause a disturbance to the fish (??? i really have no idea but that sounds good lol)

• Love 3

I am taken by all the INTERIOR stairs within the house.  It seems there are many rooms where the family has to go up or down several stairs (even when answering the front door.).  I shudder to think of any of them taking a fall onto those hardwood floors. 

I recall looking for homes and immediately rejecting any with "sunken living rooms"  because my parents were older and I always believed in a distracted moment any of us would likely trip and fall with those  stairs that many people call "attractive nuisances."

• Love 4