Type keyword(s) to search

S05:E11 The Revelation

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

Laughs. I find it kind of sweet that Michael Hirst wanted to please Clive Standen. And I always liked Clive Standen and think Rollo is a fascinating character.  It gets kind of confusing for me because historically Ragnar may not have existed or may have been a combination of several historical figures - while Rollo was real. Ragnar and Rollo certainly were not brothers in real life.  But the show clearly wants us to think that show Rollo is that Rollo.  So it's confusing.

I don't doubt that Rollo always had a thing for Lagertha but I still don't believe for a second that Rollo is Bjorns biological father. 

• Love 2
On 12/5/2018 at 12:07 AM, theschnauzers said:

That’s not quite right, either. The show did not confirm Rollo’s being Bjorn’s father, only that Rollo thought so. And when Alexander Ludwig was originally cast, I noted how much he resembled Travis Fimmel in appearance if for no other reason for the show to make clear who Bjorn’s biological father was.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:32 PM, green said:

It wasn't confirmed.  It was shown to be totally false very very clearly and Rollo being completely delusional about same.  (See a post of mine above why it was even in the show).  I'm pretty sure the over the top acting of Bjorn's character in the scene with Rollo and this episode period where he imitated Travis Fimmel was probably dictated by the director so it would be abundantly clear that Bjorn is indeed -- and historically -- Ragnar's son.  Rollo was just shown to be full of regrets and trying to desperately cling to false hopes as he ages himself and nears his death.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:07 AM, theschnauzers said:

That’s not quite right, either. The show did not confirm Rollo’s being Bjorn’s father, only that Rollo thought so. And when Alexander Ludwig was originally cast, I noted how much he resembled Travis Fimmel in appearance if for no other reason for the show to make clear who Bjorn’s biological father was.

My mistake, to me the episode implied he was. Still doesn't change that it was a theory since season one. I'll reword from saying confirmed to they now finally a dressed the theory.

• Love 1

I'm having trouble coming back. I cannot stand Ivar.  I'm annoyed by JRM. (His acting was atrocious.)  And I'm especially frustrated by the liberties taken by the writers wrt Wessex and Alfred.  That's not how any of that happened!