Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: MAFS: Happily Ever After?

• Start Topic

The only couple I really care about is Shawniece and Jephte but like her I just can’t trust him.  He lacks maturity, compassion, feelings and the ability to be a good and caring husband.  I hope he can at least be there for his daughter because I feel like their relationship always has a sense of doom.  Laura is a tiny beautiful baby.

• Love 10

Danielle continues too work her will against the wishes of Bobby and others who offer their opinion determined to get what she wants at any cost.  I continue to like her less every week and she kind of looks like a basset hound.

Edited by endure
  • Love 15

Bobby doesn't look quite as happy as he used to.  Danielle's grating little habits and selfish overspending are getting to him.

Interesting that Ashley, who was so anxious to start a family, hasn't purchased baby items, but Anthony has.

Jephte, settle down, grow up, and make some effort to help your wife.

• Love 13

Jephte is the worst. Seeing Shawniece struggle while he's chowing down on his ribs. "Oh you got that? She's a thug." Shut up. How can anyone say he's changed for the better. He likes the baby now. It's been a week and he's already back at work sleeping through the night while Shawniece does everyone on her own. No wonder she doesn't wanna kiss him. Jephte wants another baby now because he's doing none of the work. Get out of here. Can't stand him.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

Jephte is the worst. Seeing Shawniece struggle while he's chowing down on his ribs. "Oh you got that? She's a thug." Shut up. How can anyone say he's changed for the better. He likes the baby now. It's been a week and he's already back at work sleeping through the night while Shawniece does everyone on her own. No wonder she doesn't wanna kiss him. Jephte wants another baby now because he's doing none of the work. Get out of here. Can't stand him.

I was flabbergasted when he had the nerve to talk about more kids. Maybe, let us get through a year when you are not sleeping with other women before we plan on adding more children.

8 hours ago, endure said:

Danielle continues too work her will against the wishes of Bobby and others who offer their opinion determined to get what she wants at any cost.  I continue to like her less every week and she kind of looks like a basset hound.

I wonder if it is all for the show and we will see her do some kind of grand gesture to prove to him how much she loves him. It was sad the way he was tearing up at the card...guy seems a bit starved for affection.

8 hours ago, endure said:

The only couple I really care about is Shawniece and Jephte but like her I just can’t trust him.  He lacks maturity, compassion, feelings and the ability to be a good and caring husband.  I hope he can at least be there for his daughter because I feel like their relationship always has a sense of doom.  Laura is a tiny beautiful baby.

That baby is precious.

• Love 9

Disliking pretty much everyone on this show...baby LD excluded.

Bobby’s baby journal gets him a pass, too. 

Dog report:

Wish the editors stop dubbing in faux bark responses...not believable that Nellie barked on cue.

Henry’s stinky breath....Danielle willing to spend up to 5K to get his chompers cleaned?

Henry is used to model one of Danielle's bikinis.

Keke and her hyper self....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, endure said:

She needs to listen to advice. Staying in the house for a year or two to have a larger down payment is the smart thing to do. Grow up Danielle and stop being so stubborn.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Henry’s stinky breath....Danielle willing to spend up to 5K to get his chompers cleaned?

I think it was only $1000 for teeth cleaning up to $5000 total if he needed more dental work or care.

Seriously, how can it cost $1000 to clean a dog's teeth? I honestly don't know, maybe it does!!

6 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Seriously, how can it cost $1000 to clean a dog's teeth? I honestly don't know, maybe it does!!

I am totally flabbergasted by this - we have a small toothbrush and bacon flavored toothpaste and my husband brushes the dog's teeth with while I hold the dog still. For Free! They also make dental chews that help with bad breath. She is crazy.

Also, why does a woman who by her own admission does not cook need a big pantry?!? More crazy.

I am with Ashley wanting to move though -that apartment does not look very big. I also see Anthony's side that rushing your first house purchase is not the best way to go about it, though it does sound like something they have been planning for since she said they had saved enough for a down payment......

It seems like Shawniece now has two babies to contend with......

• Love 11

I hate to say it, but Danielle is driving me crazy! I think the ideal solution for her and Bobby's house issues would be for the two of them to sell their extra furniture and things they don't need (preferably making decisions together), and save the money towards moving to a new home at a future date. That way she and the baby would have more space plus they could save money to move to a bigger place once things are more settled. But, of course, I am merely an outside viewer and I have no say in their lives.  :-) 

• Love 7

I think the house conversation between A&A was for the show & they already have a house bought or in process. There was no drama there; they both want the same thing. Anthony is just being more conservative about it, but he wants it as well, so I call BS. They needed something for them this episode, but it was still like watching paint dry.

So Jephte didn't buy Shawniece a thing then lies about it... way to build trust there; what an idiot. Will be shocked if there isn't a divorce announcement when this show is over.

Bobby:  "There are people who would kill to have what we have."   I agree, Bobby, your wife is very ungrateful.

Oh & Danielle is so concerned she'll do anything to keep Henry happy & healthy, then she needs to realize a lot of that is preventative &, so, get Bobby to brush his damn teeth.

Pastor Cal says $1,000 is like 'his daughter's braces' - I'm about to drop way more thousands than that for a little 'crackers' braces. He's either not priced them yet or is sleeping with his daughter's orthodontist.

Edited by gonecrackers
traded 'kiddo' for little 'crackers'
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, Dittohead said:

Why would Shawniece wear a bustier if she didn't want any sexual attention from Jephte?   I do hope they'll be good parents to that sweet baby.

Why would Shawniece want any romantic or sexual attention from Jephte after he never helped with their newborn daughter at all during their anniversary dinner?! 

As for Danielle... She really disappoints me. I used to think she was a good person, just very private and not inclined to display 'private' emotions or discussions on camera. But after seeing the way she's acted about selling the house Bobby bought, and throwing out all of his furniture (even his favorite couch) -- and then even continuing to use "morning sickness" day and night as her excuse for refusing to have sex with him now --no. Just no

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 11

The look on Danielle’s face when Pastor Cal mentioned the financial issues with moving now, says it all. Her jaw tightened and you could just see her trying to keep her composure. 

And what a cold, reaction to Bobby’s pregnancy journal. I don’t for one minute think she loves him. As soon as she doesn’t get her way she will be hell to live with. She will punish Bobby and make him pay in other ways. 

I know women react differently to sexuality during pregnancy but if she’s 4 months pregnant and they’ve only been married 6 months, that seems rather precipitous. 

• Love 13

Those baby clothes were not cute...what the hell was that black and white thingee with a long sash/strap?

That can't be safe or practical for a toddler...

Hope those clothes are going back...find the receipt and return them Bobby....your baby can wear her cousin's, Lola's hand me downs...

• Love 2

Danielle has rounded the bend...a few boxes of crackers on the counter stresses her out?...but she can sleep soundly with $15,000 of outstanding credit card debt...what the hell?

Jephte just saw Laura Denise emerge out of the same hallway he wants to throw his hot dog down...SMH...

• Love 6

Danielle conveniently has both morning and nighttime sickness, but no daytime sickness.  So convenient to have sickness during the only times she'd be able to have sex with Bobby.

She screwed his brains out early on.  She happily skipped into his home, nesting on his couches, got to know his family.  

Then in an instant, she got pregnant, and now it's no sex for Bobby, all of his furniture must go, and his great house is suddenly horrible. And he's allowing every minute of it.

She's going to starve him sexually, emotionally, and financially.

WTG Danielle.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 18

I don’t know if Jephte wanted sex, but Shawniece sure as hell did not. He asked to kiss her & she begrudgingly gave him her cheek. Then she mentioned she hadn’t let him kiss her for several months because of his cheating. She’s also only a week postpartum. 

Shawniece also said she hadn’t been feeling good about herself, so maybe the bustier was for herself, not Jephte - & easy access for Laura. It didn’t look at all comfortable, though.

Jephte was stuffed full & Laura was eating, so I hope Shawniece eventually ate. She’ll get burned out quickly if she doesnt take care of herself. It’s not like she has a Bobby around to take care of her & everything else. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I think the house conversation between A&A was for the show & they already have a house bought or in process. There was no drama there; they both want the same thing. Anthony is just being more conservative about it, but he wants it as well, so I call BS. They needed something for them this episode, but it was still like watching paint dry.

So Jephte didn't buy Shawniece a thing then lies about it... way to build trust there; what an idiot. Will be shocked if there isn't a divorce announcement when this show is over.

Bobby:  "There are people who would kill to have what we have."   I agree, Bobby, your wife is very ungrateful.

Oh & Danielle is so concerned she'll do anything to keep Henry happy & healthy, then she needs to realize a lot of that is preventative &, so, get Bobby to brush his damn teeth.

Pastor Cal says $1,000 is like 'his daughter's braces' - I'm about to drop way more thousands than that for a kiddo's braces. He's either not priced them yet or is sleeping with his daughter's orthodontist.

Jephte lies about a gift for Shawniece then admits it on camera, he is a pretty dumb ass!  Amber came into this marriage a mere six months ago with debt and dogs and suddenly she’s calling the shots, demanding a bigger house, getting rid of any furniture she didn’t choose even though she knows they will need more furniture.  The only concession she’s agreed to on camera is her fake lashes.  It really makes sense to know a bit more about your partner before you wed and definitely before you have a child together.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The look on Danielle’s face when Pastor Cal mentioned the financial issues with moving now, says it all. Her jaw tightened and you could just see her trying to keep her composure. 

And what a cold, reaction to Bobby’s pregnancy journal. I don’t for one minute think she loves him. As soon as she doesn’t get her way she will be hell to live with. She will punish Bobby and make him pay in other ways. 

I know women react differently to sexuality during pregnancy but if she’s 4 months pregnant and they’ve only been married 6 months, that seems rather precipitous. 

Well Bobby did mention she is withholding sex from him because she claims she is sick when she’s around him.  She is coming across like such a manipulative bitch.  I feel for Bobby but he has got to get clued in soon!

• Love 16
21 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I was left wondering if Danielle has any idea why the teeth cleanings are actually really important, because it's definitely not so dog/cat owners don't have to smell their pet's bad breath.... (Bet Bobby wishes Danielle would get close enough to him to be able to smell his breath, but that's another story).  Bad breath in a cat or dog is one indication there's a buildup of plaque/tarter on the teeth, and that leads to inflammation of the gums.  Once inflamed, bacteria from the gums spreads over time systemically, causing damage to the heart and other major organ systems, which leads to a reduced life span for the animal.  And that, Danielle, is why you, as a responsible pet owner, should budget $500 on average, per year, to have Henry's teeth cleaned.   And one more thing:  thinking you could've skipped one of those trips to Austin to get your hair done (from what I've seen on tv, you're not getting your money's worth, anyway) and used the $$ you saved for the teeth cleaning.  Voila, problem solved.  Just saying.  #priorities

Speaking of Danielle, sounds like Bobby finally has her number.  I'm thinking the days are numbered for the morning sickness card;  time for Danielle to come up with a new reason to avoid her husband.  My final observation on Danielle after this episode.....girl does not seem smart.  At all.  Which I think contributes to my impression that she is boring as f*ck.

Another episode of Jepthe acting like a caveman, and another episode of me still hoping he figures this shit out and is at minimum a good father to sweet little Laura, and at best, that he and Shawniece actually end up having a reasonably happy marriage.  No clue why I always find myself pulling for them, but....alas, I do.  I just keep having the sense that Jepthe is not a bad guy;  he just needs to grow up and stop emulating the shitty role models he's always had and figure out how to break that pattern and be a decent human being.  And f*ck you, Jepthe....I still have hope.  And that irritates me. Sigh.  ;-)

Ashley and Anthony are completely uninteresting to me, and I think it's maybe because of the three couples, they are the most typical and normal.  To me, they are your everyday, happy enough, slightly dysfunctional, mostly run of the mill couple....which is fine and how most of America lives.  It just doesn't make for particularly riveting tv, IMHO.  :-)

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

I was left wondering if Danielle has any idea why the teeth cleanings are actually really important, because it's definitely not so dog/cat owners don't have to smell their pet's bad breath.... (Bet Bobby wishes Danielle would get close enough to him to be able to smell his breath, but that's another story).  Bad breath in a cat or dog is one indication there's a buildup of plaque/tarter on the teeth, and that leads to inflammation of the gums.  Once inflamed, bacteria from the gums spreads over time systemically, causing damage to the heart and other major organ systems, which leads to a reduced life span for the animal.  And that, Danielle, is why you, as a responsible pet owner, should budget $500 on average, per year, to have Henry's teeth cleaned.   And one more thing:  thinking you could've skipped one of those trips to Austin to get your hair done (from what I've seen on tv, you're not getting your money's worth, anyway) and used the $$ you saved for the teeth cleaning.  Voila, problem solved.  Just saying.  #priorities

Speaking of Danielle, sounds like Bobby finally has her number.  I'm thinking the days are numbered for the morning sickness card;  time for Danielle to come up with a new reason to avoid her husband.  My final observation on Danielle after this episode.....girl does not seem smart.  At all.  Which I think contributes to my impression that she is boring as f*ck.

Another episode of Jepthe acting like a caveman, and another episode of me still hoping he figures this shit out and is at minimum a good father to sweet little Laura, and at best, that he and Shawniece actually end up having a reasonably happy marriage.  No clue why I always find myself pulling for them, but....alas, I do.  I just keep having the sense that Jepthe is not a bad guy;  he just needs to grow up and stop emulating the shitty role models he's always had and figure out how to break that pattern and be a decent human being.  And f*ck you, Jepthe....I still have hope.  And that irritates me. Sigh.  ;-)

Ashley and Anthony are completely uninteresting to me, and I think it's maybe because of the three couples, they are the most typical and normal.  To me, they are your everyday, happy enough, slightly dysfunctional, mostly run of the mill couple....which is fine and how most of America lives.  It just doesn't make for particularly riveting tv, IMHO.  :-)

I do not think J is a bad guy, but I do think he will never make a good husband for Shawnice and she knows it at this point. He likes her as a person but is not romantically into her. The baby is cute but newborns do not make marriage easier.

• Love 5

Jephte is champ at eating ribs daintily...most of us would have shreds of meat all up in between our teeth, dry rub or sauce all over...definitely not camera friendly...

Both are sad that Baby LD will not be in a mother/father family unit but that's the reality of their marriage..kaput....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I don’t know if Jephte wanted sex, but Shawniece sure as hell did not. He asked to kiss her & she begrudgingly gave him her cheek.

15 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Why would Shawniece want any sexual attention from Jephte after he never helped with their newborn daughter at all during their anniversary dinner?! Of course, Jephte was all about the "oh she's so amazing and she has my forehead," and obviously, only Shawniece can nurse her --but when it came time to burp that baby or change her diaper, Jephte was totally lazer-focused on getting the very last tiny scrap of meat off his spare rib (while Shawniece's food sat there getting colder and colder).  

She’s also only a week postpartum. 

Jephte was stuffed full & Laura was eating, so I hope Shawniece eventually ate. She’ll get burned out quickly if she doesnt take care of herself. It’s not like she has a Bobby around to take care of her & everything else. 

As Salinelizabeth said: 

Another episode of Jepthe acting like a caveman, and another episode of me still hoping he figures this shit out and is at minimum a good father to sweet little Laura...

On 11/27/2018 at 11:31 PM, shouldbedancing said:

17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

So Jephte didn't buy Shawniece a thing [for their anniversary] then lies about it [on camera]... way to build trust there; what an idiot. Will be shocked if there isn't a divorce announcement when this show is over.

Looks like there are a lot of us whose opinions of Jephte and their marriage have gone down.

At least for me, it's not just my opinion of that marriage which has gone all the way downhill. I think Jephte is an absolute jerk!! 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Looks like there are a lot of us whose opinion of Jephte have gone way down-- not up!! 

And at least for me, it's not just my opinion of that marriage which has gone all the way downhill. I think Jephte is a real jerk!! 

Jephte looks to me like an immature guy that didn't realize he was playing in the big leagues with fire and got burned.  He always has this deer-in-the-headlights look, like his head is spinning that he got himself in this deep with a woman he didn't really love or find all that attractive.  Now he doesn't know what to do because if he leaves her with a baby the entire world will think he's a creep.  So he stays and pays lip service to the camera about wanting to be the best husband and father (yeah, right, sure).   And I don't think Shawniece was not aware that she was entrapping him by having a baby.  She took a big risk because she thought he was her best chance, but she will find out that it wasn't worth that risk.

13 hours ago, Sterling said:

Danielle conveniently has both morning and nighttime sickness, but no daytime sickness.  So convenient to have sickness during the only times she'd be able to have sex with Bobby.

She screwed his brains out early on.  She happily skipped into his home, nesting on his couches, got to know his family.  

Then in an instant, she got pregnant, and now it's no sex for Bobby, all of his furniture must go, and his great house is suddenly horrible. And he's allowing every minute of it.

She's going to starve him sexually, emotionally, and financially.

WTG Danielle.

I don't for one minute believe that Danielle didn't allow herself to get pregnant because she wanted to "seal the deal" with Bobby in that she knew she could virtually get away with anything with him and have everything her way if she did.  I don't think it's any accident that she has started to come off more like a bitch with him since the pregnancy.  She knew at that point that she could let "the real her" out and he would be even more unable to rebel against it.  Another case of entrapment.

• Love 7

So, I'm kind of thinking that as Bobby's house is probably just in his name, Danielle realizes that the only way to get value out of a home is to ensure that her name is on it as well as Bobby's.  She really hasn't given any good reasons for moving-pantry, really?  She doesn't even cook, we've all seen Bobby making the meals (including her lunch to go).  So she doesn't see a mess?  Well, clean it up and get organized.  She's been there six months and if all of her stuff is making it too cramped, maybe she should just sell her furniture.  I do buy getting into a good school district, but she hasn't really emphasized that.  In a way it's a shame that they lasted after decision day as I think Ricky Bobby would have had a lot of women interested in him after the first season.

• Love 5

Reputation of school districts can change  but Bobby at least gave her a guardrail...if the future mortgage payment is near what he is paying on his bachelor house then he will move...well, looks like she met the mortgage amount allowance or Ricky Bobby caved....

Am liking Bobby's side eyeing her hoarding of bikinis...she is more sentimental about her old worn exercise bras than she is about people...

Bobby calling out her hair appointments in Austin and that her spending on eyelashes was eye opening (see what I did there)...

The leather couch can go to the garage...it is where Bobby took post hunting naps...and he can continue to do so....Nellie is all muddy post hunt so they both are garage bound until they clean up....

• Love 3
17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Yup. I am glad they are still together, but this is exactly why the producers play up fake drama (or sometimes real drama). Watching two people who are happy and get along just going through normal life isn't that interesting. I thought when they sent them to the coach and dancing lessons it at least gave them something to do.

• Love 2

Have completely blocked out A+A because Anthony is a shell of his former wise cracking self..he's not as spontaneously goofy anymore....catch him looking at Ashley for her approval for any sly comments...

Bobby starting to push back slightly...but Danielle seems to be using the pregnancy nausea card like she uses her credit card...

Poor Bobby, Poor Jephte both sex deprived...oh wait, Jephte is free to roam and Shawniece is anticipating he will be doing so.....but nothing for Ricky Bobby....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Yup. I am glad they are still together, but this is exactly why the producers play up fake drama (or sometimes real drama). Watching two people who are happy and get along just going through normal life isn't that interesting. I thought when they sent them to the coach and dancing lessons it at least gave them something to do.

Yea. I noticed that they have the least amount of segments. Probably since not much drama is there. They both decided to have a baby and planned it. The other two couples it seems more of a surprise 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Have completely blocked out A+A because Anthony is a shell of his former wise cracking self..he's not as spontaneously goofy anymore....catch him looking at Ashley for her approval for any sly comments...

I was never a big Ashley fan, but had been looking forward to Anthony because he was engaging & funny.   Two years into marriage & I don't see any trace of that Anthony; this guy barely even smiles.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I always thought Ashley was boring AF. I agree with others, she has sucked the fun, the life and the smile out of Anthony. Can not stand her. Almost as much as I can not stand Danielle. 

• Love 7

Danielle would never tell Bobby the sex of the baby before he wanted to know just because she was sick of him not knowing. Ashley is a control freak and doesn't respect Anthony enough to abide by his personal wishes. Danielle is spoiled and taking advantage of Bobby's kindness but when he pushes back, she bends. Danielle makes me roll my eyes but I cannot stand Ashley at all, never could. She's a huge bitch.

D & B need to get pet insurance and possibly a separate savings account for dog expenses. Danielle is right -- if they let Henry's dental issues go, it could get worse and be more expensive later. What's going to happen if Nellie breaks a leg? Surgeries like that are $$$$. If you have a pet, you should be prepared to take care of all their needs. You can't be cheap if an animal is suffering. Don't get a pet if you can't afford it.

Neither Ashley nor Anthony seem very happy. Both are downright grim. She didn't hear exactly what she wanted to and then got bitchy and snappy with him. Anthony said that stuff is going on with their jobs. Wonder what that is?

It's hard to watch Shawniece and Jephte. It was their wedding anniversary and he didn't get her a damn gift? Then he lied to her about it. When trust is the biggest issue between two people, adding another lie to the mix is the last thing you should be doing. WTF?

• Love 9
6 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Danielle would never tell Bobby the sex of the baby before he wanted to know just because she was sick of him not knowing.

She wouldn’t have to do that - she could just say “I want to know the sex of the baby so we can plan”, and Bobby would just say ok even if he wanted to wait because, you know, he wants to make Danielle happy.....

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

D & B need to get pet insurance and possibly a separate savings account for dog expenses. Danielle is right -- if they let Henry's dental issues go, it could get worse and be more expensive later. What's going to happen if Nellie breaks a leg? Surgeries like that are $$$$. If you have a pet, you should be prepared to take care of all their needs. You can't be cheap if an animal is suffering. Don't get a pet if you can't afford it.

I agree.  Today pet medical bills can be very expensive and people are more willing to want to do whatever it takes to keep their pet alive so pet insurance is a must for anyone with a dog or cat.  What surprised me is that Bobby seemed to have no problem pushing back on the amount he was comfortable spending on Henry but when it comes to other things like Danielle's personal grooming he caves like a total wuss.

• Love 5