Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Party Fouls

• Start Topic

For me, it's not about whether these men (and women) are physically attractive, but that they become less attractive when their icky personality traits are revealed.

• Travis became more blockhead/meathead/smashed-in-face when he asked Stephanie for "butt sex" in front of her family.  Ugh.
  • Bryan became more of a soft-spoken red-haired p*ssy when his interactions with Brandi were shown to be so much less than loving.
  • Mark became more of a soft-bodied, man-boobed bald guy when he was not nice to Zuri last season.
  • Court became more of a short, square-head/half-eyebrowed jerk when he showed his dictatorial ways over Kam WRT Sparkle and making her "prove" to him so much.

I could do this all day about the ladies too.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, Sterling said:

For me, it's not about whether these men (and women) are physically attractive, but that they become less attractive when their icky personality traits are revealed.

• Travis became more blockhead/meathead/smashed-in-face when he asked Stephanie for "butt sex" in front of her family.  Ugh.
  • Bryan became more of a soft-spoken red-haired p*ssy when his interactions with Brandi were shown to be so much less than loving.
  • Mark became more of a soft-bodied, man-boobed bald guy when he was not nice to Zuri last season.
  • Court became more of a short, square-head/half-eyebrowed jerk when he showed his dictatorial ways over Kam WRT Sparkle and making her "prove" to him so much.

Very well said.  Your post actually made me realize that my opinion of their attractiveness is heavily influenced by their on-screen behaviour.  Travis' immature jokes and to-do lists are less heinous than Brian's coldness, Court's condescension (though I do love his dog Chunk!) and Mark's general all-around assholery (he is the ugliest of them all)

• Love 4

And drama-free Cary became more beautiful to me this year.

I was eyeing/jealous of her super toned bod at that frat party.  Girl can rock some booty shorts & a crop top.  Better than I ever could, back when I was in college.  Wow.

Plus, I am absolutely in love with watching her & Zuri.  Such a sweet little girl, and such an amazing mother-daughter bond.  

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, zenme said:

The only attractive men on that show are Jeremy and Rich.

#truth

And I find it amusing that they’re coupled up with the women that were mockingly dubbed “the old ladies” by some of the women in prior seasons. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Sterling said:

I agree with all except Court - he is just treating her like a business he's funding - ya know, because she's such a smart blonde and all that.  If she wants to do more than baby talk about pink dog food and act cutesy towards executives, she should have to prove it.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Sterling said:

I find Travis irritating.  His tweet about agreeing with Leeann about keeping her man happy - oral sex - was fine, but then he went on to say, "who needs food", and that seriously grossed me out.  It's interesting watching early seasons of these shows, and figuring out which husbands love camera time, which I think Travis does, and who avoids it.  On this show, only Bryan and Court seem disinterested and very awkward around the cameras.  Travis not only liked it, he chose to pound his chest and play caveman the first season.  Ugh.

• Love 4
On 11/30/2018 at 9:26 PM, MrsWitter said:

I didn’t recall her mentioning anyone other than woman she saw for her anger. I just looked her up and it seems like that is her actual therapist. So LeeAnne has televised her therapy, at least last season. I do always cringe when I see Housewives with their therapists because, like you, I find it really disconcerting. 

That said, if she’s going to televise her therapy/therapist, I’m going to critique... maybe that’s hypocritical? 🤷‍♀️

I looked up her therapist and she seems to specialize in trauma issues.  That’s probably good for LeeAnne, but I’m still not sure how she is working at the core mental disorder she suffers from. Because, at least on the show, she completely is focused on her victimhood and her “anger” issues. Many, many therapists are not experienced in treating people with personality disorders, which can be pretty different than handling trauma, depression, etc. I do find it interesting that her therapist has this in her bio:

”Studying sociopaths has been a passion for her during her counseling years. Support is essential for the individual who has contact  with a sociopath.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if LeeAnne has convinced her that she is the victim of sociopaths rather than potentially having some of those tendencies herself.

I’m genuinely curious, are there treatments for personality disorders?

I’m not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I am a criminal defense attorney and I’ve noticed that the US justice system generally is under the impression that a personality disorder is something that can’t be treated. 

Edited by SimonSeymour
  • Love 2

OMG - I don't know how I did it, but I totally missed the scene of Leanne flailing around on the ground!!! And I've deleted the episode!!  Anyone got a screen shot?  That probably was the best part of the whole season!

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

I’m genuinely curious, are there treatments for personality disorders?

I’m not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I am a criminal defense attorney and I’ve noticed that the US justice system generally is under the impression that a personality disorder is something that can’t be treated. 

I'm not a mental health professional either, but I've read tons because I've dealt with PD's often in my personal life.

It's my impression that they can't really be "treated", but rather sort of managed.  The "treatment" is more for those affected with PD-people in their lives.  

Cluster B disorders (BPD, NPD) are extremely hard to diagnose because the patient can charm the socks off the therapist, having learned a lifetime of techniques to hide their disorder.

I'm not saying Leeane is or isn't Cluster B, but note how charming and wonderful and fun she can be, and how she can turn vile in an instant.  

Either she's a better actress than Ms. Meryl Streep herself, or girlfriend has some Cluster B traits going on all up in there.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 6

From talking with some mental health professionals (I have a parent that has a personality disorder), treating them is difficult.  The main issue is that fundamentally, to treat anything, the person has to SEE the problem and be motivated to fix it.  Most people who have personality disorders tend to believe the problems exist with everyone else, they are the fine ones, so, there's nothing THEY have to do to fix the problem.  Therefore, they aren't motivated to fix them.  

• Love 8
On 12/1/2018 at 9:38 PM, Duke2801 said:

If D’Andra is a size 6, I’ll eat a bowl of Sparkle Dog. Maybe size 6 shoe. 

Hahahhh!!! As amusing as this statement is, I truly do believe D’Andra is indeed a size 6. As a size 6 former onscreen actor myself, I’ve seen how much the camera truly does add pounds; we’re so used to watching insanely skinny women onscreen whose sizes range most 0-2(like most of these Real Housewives) that the ones who are actually more real life-sized and/or curvy seem thicker/huge in comparison. She looks to me like an actual size 6 gal who simply doesn’t dress in the most figure-flattering items onscreen. See also NeNe Leakes, that thicker new gal from the OC cast Emily, Vikki/Shannon from OC, Brittany/Katie from VR, etc...

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Hahahhh!!! As amusing as this statement is, I truly do believe D’Andra is indeed a size 6. As a size 6 former onscreen actor myself, I’ve seen how much the camera truly does add pounds; we’re so used to watching insanely skinny women onscreen whose sizes range most 0-2(like most of these Real Housewives) that the ones who are actually more real life-sized and/or curvy seem thicker/huge in comparison. She looks to me like an actual size 6 gal who simply doesn’t dress in the most figure-flattering items onscreen. See also NeNe Leakes, that thicker new gal from the OC cast Emily, Vikki/Shannon from OC, Brittany/Katie from VR, etc...

Oh wow we have a celebrity in our midst - how cool!  I'm sure you want to keep it private, but if you feel like sharing anything we might have seen you in, I'd love to know! :)  

And I will certainly take your word for it about D'Andra and the sizing -- I definitely never thought she was fat or plus-sized or anything. She just looked more like a size 10-12 or so to me.  And it's also possible she is short!  Size 6 on a 5'1 or 5'2 gal is going to look different than on a 5'7 or 5'8 girl.  

• Love 5
On 12/2/2018 at 1:53 PM, princelina said:

I agree with all except Court - he is just treating her like a business he's funding - ya know, because she's such a smart blonde and all that.  If she wants to do more than baby talk about pink dog food and act cutesy towards executives, she should have to prove it.

I agree. I have no problem with Court's attitude towards her stupid company. She wants to take his money to start it up, so she needs to take it seriously. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Oh wow we have a celebrity in our midst - how cool!  I'm sure you want to keep it private, but if you feel like sharing anything we might have seen you in, I'd love to know! :)  

Oh you’re making me blush now, @Duke2801, thanks!! ;)

I just did a few lesser known music video/student film/local commercial appearances back in my acting/modeling days over 15 years ago—-and even at my skinniest(size 4) at 5’8, I still looked “bigger” than other tiny gals onscreen with me. Glad I’m no longer competing for those roles, because professional acting was terribly subjective and often brutal...and I like food!

Speaking of food, Kameron doesn’t need to consume any more of it onscreen ever again. She’s chews like a goddamned goat...or worse, former RHofNYC Carole Radziwill. Now if I could just understand her creepy allegiance to LeeAnne, that’d be great. Team D’eandra all the way here.

And speaking of LeeAnne; holy freakyface, Batman...that bitch still be cray. She was so creeping me the fuck out at the party, talking to herself alone at the table in the back just after giving Brandi her snarling demon-faced evil-eye and pushes. Brandi was obviously poking that bear and trying desperately to flip her bitch-switch, but I still think LeeAnne is the one who needs to realize just how scary she is.

Never thought I’d come around to liking Cary so much; she and Stephanie completely won this episode for me. Cary was the picture of grace, sanity and cool in the face of LL’s sheer fuckery, while Stephanie was the epitome of sweetness personified, just trying to be a kind and gracious hostess and a friend to everyone. 

I’ll admittedly miss these gals; they’re oddly endearing and refreshing compared to the other cities. Like RH of Potomac and NYC, I like their willingness to naturally try harder and engage in the funnier hyjinks.

• Love 8
On 12/3/2018 at 2:36 PM, MinorL said:

I’m mostly just mad at LeeAnne for giving Brandi exactly what she wanted. 

I was too from reading everyone’s posts on here but I finally saw this episode. Leeanne is trying to change but when You’re  trying to make these positive changes and someone keeps poking at you and is relentless about going after you, no one can expect for it not to affect that person. I think Leeanne held off as long as she could. Once Brandi had everyone she wanted to rally around her she was all smiles, her crying was all about manipulation. 

Brandi is one to talk about Leeanne trying to turn people against her when she’s doing the same thing. Brandi has done and said everything she could to try to discourage Stephanie from being friends with Leeanne.

• Love 2
On 11/30/2018 at 3:53 AM, queenjen said:

Random thoughts : Single White LeeAnne asked Kam where she got the costume. I'm sure Kam said twice Dallas Vintage. it was a name with 'vintage ' in the title. What vintage store has multiple copies of outfits in multiple sizes. 

Kam's nasty eating is more evidence pointing to speech pathology. I believe this is why she speaks the way she does too. Although I suspect she's exaggerating it now, as it's become her schtick. My theory, I'm sticking to it. 

Cary handled LeeAnne like a pro. LeeAnne 'Ahm so alone! ' Cary (playing with her cocktail ) 'no you're not. I'm sitting right here beside you ' in that deadpan, 'and you're boring me to fck' voice has got to be as gifworthy as LeeAnne trying to turn into the D'Ampton Worm , but coming off as the Blue Racer. 

Stephanie's Party Planner looked like a slimmed down version of Travis. 

Why was Harvard spelled Harverd on Stephanie's t'shirt? I hope the foam didn't give those ducks a bellyache.

I am always gobsmacked at how candid Steph is. Telling us she had sex on a frat house floor is 1 thing. Telling us it was the 2nd time with the boy she'd lost her virginity to and he got it 'all in' the 2nd time? Oooh cringe! Her sons aren't ever going to want to see this. Aside from that, I hope it needles Travis. I'm always surprised when Steph is casually vulgar, she looks like a nervous angel! 

LeeAnne is like Caroline Bedol with the bizarre behavior rooted in childhood misery. Kenya is another one. I love watching the psychosis in action. Not ONCE did LeeAnne acknowledge assaulting Brandi. She switched the script effortlessly to 'Brandi came for me. She started it. She had no business kicking me out'. After they parted to opposite ends of the party, it was obvious, LeAnne's glee at Steph coming over to her table . Everything LeeAnne does she does for an audience. She was shooting glances at wherever she thought Brandi might be 'see bitch? Here i am in the foam with Stephanie!  See bitch? Here i am pushing Travis in'. There's just no level of insecurity LeeAnne hasn't plumbed. Kam better watch herself because D'Andra is correct that LeeAnne lives in a dark place. I think LeeAnne has had a lot of support from the cast and a lot of trust extended to her. 

Party of 1. I still think Brandi is mostly right and where she's instigating, it's out of something that's going on in her life. She's way oversensitive and her moods seem to swing. I love her genuine, as opposed to LeeAnne's, friendship with Steph.

Cary earned her star or horns or whatever these hos hold for me just dealing with LeeAnne this episode. And why did Steph keep repeating 'stay back '? I couldn't see if it was one of the men about to get involved. 

Because the small print below it read, "Community College".  Joke t-shirt.  So Stephanie.

• Love 4
On 12/3/2018 at 6:04 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Oh you’re making me blush now, @Duke2801, thanks!! ;)

I just did a few lesser known music video/student film/local commercial appearances back in my acting/modeling days over 15 years ago—-and even at my skinniest(size 4) at 5’8, I still looked “bigger” than other tiny gals onscreen with me. Glad I’m no longer competing for those roles, because professional acting was terribly subjective and often brutal...and I like food!

Speaking of food, Kameron doesn’t need to consume any more of it onscreen ever again. She’s chews like a goddamned goat...or worse, former RHofNYC Carole Radziwill. Now if I could just understand her creepy allegiance to LeeAnne, that’d be great. Team D’eandra all the way here.

And speaking of LeeAnne; holy freakyface, Batman...that bitch still be cray. She was so creeping me the fuck out at the party, talking to herself alone at the table in the back just after giving Brandi her snarling demon-faced evil-eye and pushes. Brandi was obviously poking that bear and trying desperately to flip her bitch-switch, but I still think LeeAnne is the one who needs to realize just how scary she is.

Never thought I’d come around to liking Cary so much; she and Stephanie completely won this episode for me. Cary was the picture of grace, sanity and cool in the face of LL’s sheer fuckery, while Stephanie was the epitome of sweetness personified, just trying to be a kind and gracious hostess and a friend to everyone. 

I’ll admittedly miss these gals; they’re oddly endearing and refreshing compared to the other cities. Like RH of Potomac and NYC, I like their willingness to naturally try harder and engage in the funnier hyjinks.

LOL!!

• Love 1
On 11/29/2018 at 1:55 AM, HunterHunted said:

Texas Women's University with a B.S. in social relations.

Being a Texan and graduating from a Texas university I tried to pick where each HW attended or graduated. I am not surprised that Kam graduated from SMU(maybe TCU, same type of snobs.) she's fairly typical. Cary I would have peg as an Aggie(TAMU) or a longhorn(UT) not Baylor as it is a pretty straight laced private school. I would have thought D'Andra went to SMU or TCU. By all looks I assumed Brandi graduated Texas by all the longhorn stuff, but it was TWU. Full disclosure as a Red Raider we despise the longhorns. I wonder where Stephanie graduated? OU, OSU, since she's an Okie? I wonder where Travis went to school?

BTW, sorry for the sucky grammar but this college grad is too lazy to care this late at night. ;)

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

@raiderred1 you're right on all counts. Kam and D'Andra are SMU grads. Stephanie is an Oklahoma State University grad. Cary went to Baylor for undergrad and UCLA for her Certified Registered Nurse First Assistant degree.

Actually, D'Andra went to Sweet Briar College, a women's university in VA.  I found that out over Thanksgiving when someone I know who went there said she sorta knows her through alumna events.  Did she do SMU for grad school maybe?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Actually, D'Andra went to Sweet Briar College, a women's university in VA.  I found that out over Thanksgiving when someone I know who went there said she sorta knows her through alumna events.  Did she do SMU for grad school maybe?

I'm still confused because she was using the hook 'em horns sign in the hot tub(circa mid 80's) when she mentioned college and frat parties ??