Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Party Fouls

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Leeann Locken is one scary bitch.  The look on her face and her lip snarl were downright SCARY.  That lady needs help.  If I were Brandi and all of the rest of them, I’d stay far far away.  

She looked like a lioness getting ready to pounce on her next meal.  That is not a good look.  I think LeeAnn has not changed one bit, and she is almost getting to the point of being unwatchable.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Leeann Locken is one scary bitch.  The look on her face and her lip snarl were downright SCARY.  That lady needs help.  If I were Brandi and all of the rest of them, I’d stay far far away.  

Agreed - said last season I wouldn’t work with her. imo Brandi is desperate for the others to see what she sees about LeeAnne (how sick and manipulative she is), but she needs to remember that a cornered rabid animal might rip her face off!

• Love 17

Holy fuck, LeeAnne's snarl while Cary was pushing her away and telling her to behave herself...that was downright demonic, lol.

Cary wins it all for me...she just was not putting up with either of their shit and she made no bones about it. Telling LeeAnne to behave herself, pouring our beer and rolling her eyes at LeeAnne's antics on the ground, calling out Brandi for being the intentional aggressor in the situation.

I know LeeAnne is fucking crazy, but I'll take someone who will walk the walk and stand her ground. Brandi is a weak ass bitch that started the fight and then ran off crying the moment her bluff was called. Kam was totally up LeeAnne's ass not fully acknowledging LeeAnne's reaction but D'Andra was the same way with Brandi - she coddled her and didn't call out her behaviour either. Stephanie tried to de-escalate the situation with both parties and as the host, I don't think she needed to get in the middle of it. Brandi's comments about LeeAnne not deserving Stephanie and Stephanie should be choosing her because she's her best friend convinces me of what Brandi's attempts were all along...now that she had rekindled her relationship with Stephanie and fallen out with LeeAnne, she didn't want to share Stephanie and I think trying to prove that LeeAnne is not at all a changed person was for the benefit of ruining whatever relationship Stephanie and LeeAnne were trying to build. It's about as manipulative as some of LeeAnne's tactics. I'm a broken record this season, but Brandi is the very bitch she's trying to expose in LeeAnne but she thinks too much of herself to see it.

For someone who thought bubble parties were dirty, Kam seemed to enjoy herself and it was actually nice to see more down to earth and not turn her nose up at going in with the rest of the women.

Stephanie and Cary were my standouts this season.

• Love 15

Leanne is fucking crazy for sure. When she stepped back and had that scary look on her face I felt uncomfortable.

Brandi is a mean girl bitch tho. I hate how she always plays the victim. Her kicking Leanne out was pretty ridiculous too. It’s not her home or party. Her husband seems like a dud too. I only see them for very little time but they seem to have no chemistry.

I don’t get the Kam and Leanne friendship at all. I see what Leanne gets out of it but what has made Kam so loyal to Leanne?

I totally believe Brandi either stole Leanne”s phone or came across it at the bar and took her sweet home bringing it back to Leanne. Brandi seems really worked up and defensive which usually means it’s true.

Still liking Carey. She cracks me up.

I just can’t with Mama Dees hair lol

• Love 8
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Brandi is cruel to Leanne.  She goes for the low blows, takes it to another level.  She HATES Leanne so much.  I just wish I knew why.  It is not for all of the dumb reasons she has given.  

I know Leeanne isn’t a fan favorite on these boards and I agree with most people that think she is bat shit crazy but it’s seems like the more casual viewers like her. Leeanne brings the crazy that some fans are looking for in these shows. I never watched season one. In fact I watched half of season two right before this season started and I can see why Leeanne has risen to be a favored housewife and that is what’s chapping brandi’s Ass but she can’t come out and say it. She probably can’t even admit it to herself.

sounds like Brandi came off very well in the first season but the love affair is over for a lot of viewers.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Marley said:

I don’t get the Kam and Leanne friendship at all. I see what Leanne gets out of it but what has made Kam so loyal to Leanne?

This is the million dollar question.  Why does Kam bow down to psycho-sociopath Leeanne?

My theory:

Leeane has sucked up so much to Kam, that she appeals to the need that Kam has (and most of us do) to be admired, to be adored, to be needed.  And heard.

Remember a few episodes ago, when Leeanne said that D'Andra was better friends with her than she was with D'Andra?  

I think that Leeane is a manipulative narcissistic sociopath, who love bombs whatever target she needs for her social climb.  She love-bombed D'Andra, making D'Andra feel like finally, somebody listened to her, loved her for who she was.  Then, when she was no longer needed, Leeane tossed her aside, as Kam is a higher social class, and she's now love-bombing Kam.

Remember, Leeane was sucking up to Stephanie for a while there, but Kam is a much juicier social target.  Get in with the Westcotts, and honey, you are in.

Kam doesn't appear to get much love at home.  Court is this short, blocky-headed weirdo who seems to try and rule the house but can never seem to get Kam completely in line with exactly how he wants her to be.  Enter Leeane:  Kam is completely loved, adored, and accepted.

• Love 21

Still my favorite cast but what a boring finale. I was over the "Curious Incident of the Lost Then Found Cell Phone" as soon as Brandi gave it back to LeeAnn. That was one argument that didn't have enough meat on its bones for ten minutes of airtime, much less be the basis for the required finale party major argument.  

Cary won the season for me. She was real, funny, knew that Mark was not good tv so didn't focus on him. Her content was not too fake, and I liked that "her' cast trip went overseas. They all have to bring it to stay on the show but I love that she was just the calm truth monster from beginning to end this season. Never have I done a 180 on someone like I did on her this season. Bravo. 

Kam gets second place for me because she is so weirdly fascinating and really really rich. That ski house of Jimmy's was what I watch these shows for.  And Sparkle Dog will never get old. She was obviously staging stupid fights and misunderstandings  (I would never bash a baby!) but I forgive her. LeAnne, Brandi are predictable and their fighting is not interesting. Stephanie seemed a little off this year; she did something to her face and she just looks overwhelmed and a little sad. On the preview for the reunion she mentioned she was still fighting depression and it felt like I could see that in her this season. 

Big Loser: D'Andra. Both her storylines (getting the company and fighting with LeeAnne over not getting married) were flimsy and boring. She's someone who has so much (well, at least $200, and $5,000 worth of boots and belt buckles) yet is revealing herself to be miserable at the core. The only thing I enjoy about her now is that she is not super thin, and she doesn't seem to be obsessing over that either. But she also wears some of the worst clothes. Wonder how she'll rethink her performance for next season. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Big Loser: D'Andra. Both her storylines (getting the company and fighting with LeeAnne over not getting married) were flimsy and boring. She's someone who has so much (well, at least $200, and $5,000 worth of boots and belt buckles) yet is revealing herself to be miserable at the core. The only thing I enjoy about her now is that she is not super thin, and she doesn't seem to be obsessing over that either. But she also wears some of the worst clothes. Wonder how she'll rethink her performance for next season. 

D'Andra was interviewed on a Sirius talk show, and she brought up the weight.  She said in Dallas society, if you're above a size 2, you're considered "huge", and she's a size 6, so she's considered enormous.  She basically just said that that's the way her body is, and that's how it is.

I do like that she doesn't seem obsessed with the whole thigh-gap skeleton bones showing like so many women in those societies.  

Brandy did fit into her college cheerleader uniform, which after 2 kids, is impressive.  But even she's not super extremely skinny.  She looks real.  And yay, it's my college too!  

• Love 8
23 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

When LeeAnne started squinting, dropped her head, started undulating from side to side and hissing, I was like this bitch is not only fucking crazy, she's a damn snake. Not figuratively either. She's an honest to god literal cobra. 

I thought the same thing. She's a f$%#-ing snake! 🐉

• Love 7
5 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I think her nostrils were flaring. Seriously. She looked possessed. 

Having said that, Brandi is vile. What a childish, mean-spirited person. She was looking for a fight. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, bagger said:

I know Leeanne isn’t a fan favorite on these boards and I agree with most people that think she is bat shit crazy but it’s seems like the more casual viewers like her. Leeanne brings the crazy that some fans are looking for in these shows.

1 hour ago, Sterling said:

I think that Leeane is a manipulative narcissistic sociopath,

I think Leanne is a carefully crafted persona - a reality show villain that people may or may not want to see, but one that brings an audience and will never get kicked off of her show.  She has her humble "carnie" upbringing, but has seemingly spent years being friends with the much ballyhooed "Dallas society" - she wouldn't be there if she got all lizard eyed and broke glasses every time someone offended her.  I believe she has gotten there like she originally said - being willing to do the work that the rich folks pay for - but they're not paying for someone to go off the rails every time someone looks at her funny,  and based on what they all claim "Dallas society" is like, that had to have happened over the years.  She's been friends with Deandra long enough to have been her maid of honor, and now is friends with Kim for a season, and we're all supposed to believe that Deandra was the best "Dallas society" had to offer until the tallest little girl in the world came lisping by?  Please, bitches.  She said to Kam in the car (and I paraphrase) "The calm Leanne is home banging the bowl and the real mean Leanne is coming out tonight" - she totally has control of herself and what she does.  It's easy enough to go "lizard eyed" and let Cary drag her away.  What happens next?  She lays on the ground and pretends to be Jesus until Cary calls her out on it.  A real crazy person would have actually kicked Brandi's ass.  And I know Brandi has been needling her all season, but she's as fake as Leanne IMO.  As others have mentioned, they both seemed to be holding back laughter in their big "fight scene".  Meanwhile poor Deandra and her mom have tried to make their work woes a storyline and succeeded in part - by getting it on the show - although I don't think in actually getting the audience interested or in making poor Dee a housewife :)

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Marley said:

I just can’t with Mama Dees hair lol

I'm assuming it's a wig because it never looks different.  It's a little too perfect, much like her never moving botoxed to the hilt face.  Everytime I see her face I think of that movie Mannequin starring Kim Cattrall, in her non-human form. 🤣

Edited by swankie
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Sterling said:

I think that Leeane is a manipulative narcissistic sociopath, who love bombs whatever target she needs for her social climb.  She love-bombed D'Andra, making D'Andra feel like finally, somebody listened to her, loved her for who she was.  Then, when she was no longer needed, Leeane tossed her aside, as Kam is a higher social class, and she's now love-bombing Kam.

I don't necessarily agree with this.  I think LeeAnne and D'andra were long time friends before the show.  LeeAnne was D'andra's maid of honor in her wedding after all.  And to me, D'andra is the one who tossed LeeAnne aside after LeeAnne told everyone that D'andra only had $200.00 in her bank account and couldn't shop on that one trip they took.  Once LeeAnne felt alienated by D'andra that's when she started cozying up to Kam.  

ETA - Did anyone else notice that when Stephanie and LeeAnne were talking right before Stephanie pulled Brandi over to speak with LeeAnne, LeeAnne clearly called Stephanie D'andra?  It was like this:

Stephanie: "You guys have to talk."

LeeAnne: "I don't want to ruin your party."

Stephanie: "Let me pull...let me pull Brandi over."

LeeAnne: "D'andra...I just..."

Stephanie: "Please..cause i think...honestly blah blah blah."

Lol!  Looks like somebody got the script confused. 🤣

Edited by swankie
  • Love 5
On 29/11/2018 at 5:37 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I love Cary enough to overlook her faults (and there are many).  Her just being so fucking over it with both Brandi and LeAnne was my everything.

LeAnne's styling on her clueless outfit was horrible and did make her look like a crazed SWF copy of Kam.

Random thoughts : Single White LeeAnne asked Kam where she got the costume. I'm sure Kam said twice Dallas Vintage. it was a name with 'vintage ' in the title. What vintage store has multiple copies of outfits in multiple sizes. 

Kam's nasty eating is more evidence pointing to speech pathology. I believe this is why she speaks the way she does too. Although I suspect she's exaggerating it now, as it's become her schtick. My theory, I'm sticking to it. 

Cary handled LeeAnne like a pro. LeeAnne 'Ahm so alone! ' Cary (playing with her cocktail ) 'no you're not. I'm sitting right here beside you ' in that deadpan, 'and you're boring me to fck' voice has got to be as gifworthy as LeeAnne trying to turn into the D'Ampton Worm , but coming off as the Blue Racer. 

Stephanie's Party Planner looked like a slimmed down version of Travis. 

Why was Harvard spelled Harverd on Stephanie's t'shirt? I hope the foam didn't give those ducks a bellyache.

I am always gobsmacked at how candid Steph is. Telling us she had sex on a frat house floor is 1 thing. Telling us it was the 2nd time with the boy she'd lost her virginity to and he got it 'all in' the 2nd time? Oooh cringe! Her sons aren't ever going to want to see this. Aside from that, I hope it needles Travis. I'm always surprised when Steph is casually vulgar, she looks like a nervous angel! 

LeeAnne is like Caroline Bedol with the bizarre behavior rooted in childhood misery. Kenya is another one. I love watching the psychosis in action. Not ONCE did LeeAnne acknowledge assaulting Brandi. She switched the script effortlessly to 'Brandi came for me. She started it. She had no business kicking me out'. After they parted to opposite ends of the party, it was obvious, LeAnne's glee at Steph coming over to her table . Everything LeeAnne does she does for an audience. She was shooting glances at wherever she thought Brandi might be 'see bitch? Here i am in the foam with Stephanie!  See bitch? Here i am pushing Travis in'. There's just no level of insecurity LeeAnne hasn't plumbed. Kam better watch herself because D'Andra is correct that LeeAnne lives in a dark place. I think LeeAnne has had a lot of support from the cast and a lot of trust extended to her. 

Party of 1. I still think Brandi is mostly right and where she's instigating, it's out of something that's going on in her life. She's way oversensitive and her moods seem to swing. I love her genuine, as opposed to LeeAnne's, friendship with Steph.

Cary earned her star or horns or whatever these hos hold for me just dealing with LeeAnne this episode. And why did Steph keep repeating 'stay back '? I couldn't see if it was one of the men about to get involved. 

• Love 15

I am not sure if Leanne is crazy or a good actress.  That nutty reaction she had to Brandi, she reminded me of a bull in the bullring ready to charge but in a fake way almost bating someone to pull her back.  Her being prostrate on the ground talking to G-d or the universe or something was awkward to watch, who behaves like that?  Who wears that mismatching plaid outfit?  Cary remarking about the 19 year old wearing that same thing, hilarious!

Brandi goes topless on camera then is obsessed with getting it deleted from Leanne's phone, why not try to get Bravo to edit it out too? Why isn't she mortified that Bravo shows that scene every chance it gets? Oh and her husband looks like douche all of the time, why is that?

Mama Dee wears the Eva Gabor wig collection, it has to be...her hair never moves and neither does her face for that matter.

D'Andra was shades of Vicki doing a keg stand, it's not a good look on anyone over 20.

I want a bubble pit.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh and her husband looks like douche all of the time, why is that?

I think Brandi's husband has the worst haircut I've ever seen.  Is it a crew cut?  I cracked up when he said, "I don't look like a frat boy?" And Brandi says, "Yeah you do but you normally wear that so..."  🤣

• Love 3
On 11/28/2018 at 10:56 PM, RedheadZombie said:
On 11/28/2018 at 9:23 PM, marymary said:

I am so sick of Brandi and D’Andra. I have to agree with LeeAnne that there’s a double standard. Brandi has now sought her out on more than one occasion and essentially screamed insults in her face, and then she has the audacity to run off and cry? Congratulations, Brandi. You’ve officially surpassed D’Andra as my least favourite  

They're tied for me.  And Brandi was my favorite the first two seasons!

I'm gonna show my age, but every time I watch this show all I can hear in my mind is the song Brandy - Brandi you are NOT a fine girl.  

• Love 10

I dont know, y'all, I'm still completely convinced that LeeAnne is putting on a show. No one that volatile could have the connections and experience she has. I mean, I dont think she's a paragon of virtue or anything, and being an egomaniac is kind of a requirement for this gig, but I believe it's all crafted & calculated. I even think that's the real reason Rich is absent so often; she's making her storylines, and she's cool Leanne when he's around. Like the Single White Female bit: does anyone buy that LeeAnne ran out to find Cam's outfit at a specialty store, scored the duplicate, in her perfect size, in the time it took Cam to do her hair & makeup?  I can practically hear her in the off-season, laughing and bragging about what a good, crazy bitch she is on the show. She may be awful, but she's in on the joke. 

I'm afraid Brandi is herself. Insecure and mean and so sad. 

Sorry, but this is also bugging me: that executive business program at Harvard is probably fantastic (not a hater!), but it's a money-making program for the school. I've known many coworkers who've attended. It's not "going to Harvard." How strange that it became such a big storyline.

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh and her husband looks like douche all of the time, why is that?

One of the highlights/lowlights of the finale was the photo they showed of Brandi and her husband in their younger days (high school?)  In season one I thought I remember Brandi talking about how Bryan was a rebound that stuck? Does anyone else remember her saying that? I've always had the impression that she just settled for him and he seems so over her all the time.

• Love 6

Kam and Leanne with the matching outfits...Party City or Amazon, about 70 bucks and about as stupid, they should have dressed as Elle Woods, she went to Harvard.

Leanne's hair style surely was done by someone recently out of some insane asylum for hairdressers.

Cary can do no wrong this season! 

57 minutes ago, RedInk said:

It's not "going to Harvard." How strange that it became such a big storyline.

I agree with 100%., it looks good if you have a completion certificate on your office wall from Harvard, right?

• Love 5
On 11/28/2018 at 8:07 PM, chewycandy said:

If someone could make a gif of the scene where Leanne recoils and Satan possesses her, that would be really nice. 

Yes!  My friends and family must hate me because they always call during the show. I got to see up to Brandi playing the part of Kenya Moore on Dallas and LeeAnne playing the part of Porsha Williams. As a result, the last 15 minutes were on mute, but I watched!

From a tv point of view, I thoroughly enjoyed LeeAnne's snarling facial expressions. I'll take it in place of glassware being thrown.

I appreciate that she brings it, in a unique way, that no other ho wife does.

In real life, I may have been tempted to turn the garden hose on her.  Or maybe find some holy water!

On 11/28/2018 at 9:50 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Maybe they maintain neutrality because they watched Brandi get into LeeAnne's space, aggressively yell at LeeAnne and wag a finger in LeeAnne's face - this, after a season of Brandi constantly insulting and berating and clearly trying to provoke LeeAnne. It's not an excuse for LeeAnne's part in things, but Brandi has been no angel. And I actually think they shy away from taking Brandi to task because they're in fact afraid of becoming her target.

Imagine the really, really private info Brandi knows about Stephanie.  Mmmmm hm.  And Brandi fights dirty......

On 11/29/2018 at 12:11 AM, RedheadZombie said:

I've never seen this show so obviously scripted.  D'Andra and Brandi are slamming Leeanne, and Leeanne is bitching to Steph.  Suddenly, Steph turns around and we see both conversations have been taking place one arm length away!!

That made my jaw drop.  It's a huge yard and you're a foot away from each other?  Was there only one camera for the party?

20 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

I thought it was rich of Brandi to accuse LeeAnne of looking down on her and the others when Brandi is constantly firing smug putdowns at LeeAnne for not being married, not having children, not being rich enough to afford first class, and not having a college degree. Oh, and not having been friends with Travis for twenty years, as she has. Boy, aren't we all jealous of that! 

Brandi has put LeeAnne down from the very first episode of this show.  Her and Stephanie went to a charity event and proceeded to make fun of LeeAnne and why she was involved.

Poking LeeAnne is Brandi's schtick for this show.  Always has been.

LeeAnne and Kameron have been building a friendship since last season.  Brandi and D'Andra called a truce at the beginning of this season and became besties.  Everyone on the cast questions Kam/LeeAnne and not how close Brandi and D'Andra became so quickly. 

I'm once again going to miss the reunions.  BOO! Twists lips into evil, snake snarl.  With laser beams of destruction shooting from my eyes.

It's funner to be the wicked bitch, than a put upon poo princess.

• Love 11

D'Andra, Brandi and LeeAnne have to be the most vicious, vile, women across all the HW franchises. Except maybe Atlanta.  

It's uncomfortable to watch Brandi yelling and pointing her finger in LeeAnne's face. She wanted so badly for LeeAnne to lose her shit. LeeAnne started off calmly but Brandi kept pushing until she finally went all crazy eyed on her ass and her usual dramatics ensued. Just what Brandi wanted.

LeeAnne lying about not calling Brandi an alcoholic. Yes, you did.  It's on camera, bitch.

Both D'Andra and LeeAnne taking a 20 year long friendship right in to the gutter with D'Andra divulging uncalled for info about LeeAnne and Rich's relationship. A low and hateful blow.

From the looks of the preview, it continues on the reunion. 

• Love 6

"Clueless" was a movie about high school!!  Are Leeanne and Kam too dumb to realize that?  Their costumes made no sense.  You're right, Baltimore Betty, they should have dressed as Elle Woods!  Well, Kam should have...Leeanne should get her own costume.  That whole scene with her showing up at Kameron's and Kam asking her to help wash her hair and then Leeanne deciding to go out and get the same costume was weird and staged.  

At this point Cary and Stephanie are the only ones I can really stand to watch.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

Imagine the really, really private info Brandi knows about Stephanie.  Mmmmm hm.  And Brandi fights dirty......

but they have fought (last year I think) and Brandi didn't say anything "private" in the fight with her.. I honestly for real think these two are actually really real friends cause nothing Nasty was thrown and they look happy to be around each other ...... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 13

One thing I found really interesting was Cary saying “Stop” or “No” (or some combination) over and over when it looked like LeeAnne was about to lose her shit - it was as if she had talked LeeAnne (or someone) down plenty of times before.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Both D'Andra and LeeAnne taking a 20 year long friendship right in to the gutter with D'Andra divulging uncalled for info about LeeAnne and Rich's relationship. A low and hateful blow.

This to me was the lowest of the low.  We all know that a lot of these ladies aren't really friends (I always get a chuckle when the refer to "this group"), and Leanne and Brandi can carry on like fools for my entertainment from now until forever, but Deandra and Leanne were good enough friends for Leanne to be MOH, and Deandra seemed to start this year off questioning the wedding and Rich just to give herself something interesting to do on camera.  I still remember her in a TH saying that she "can't address the rumors about Rich" with Leanne - yet she brings them up on the show?  A real friend would have addressed them in private and kept quiet on tv.  That's why Deandra to me is the lowest of them all.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Sterling said:

I see it so differently. I feel like D'andra is the one who tossed LeeAnn aside. She started the season looking for reason to find fault with her and refused to budge an inch every time LeeAnn apologized to her. LeeAnn seemed a lot more hurt by the demise of their friendship, IMO; and Kameron was there for her, which facilitated a stronger bond between the two. 

• Love 19

Foam, hissing and snarling, Callie-Roo...now that was a finale. (Looking at you, OC.)

@Nancybeth

"Clueless" was a movie about high school!!  Are Leeanne and Kam too dumb to realize that?  Their costumes made no sense.  You're right, Baltimore Betty, they should have dressed as Elle Woods!  Well, Kam should have...Leeanne should get her own costume.

Yeah, dressing as Cher was a puzzling choice, whereas Kam as Elle would've been a great play on Cary's comment from last year. (Although, the teen showing up in the same outfit was pretty hilarious.)

Very entertaining season. Props to the ladies for bringing it.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Sterling said:

Brandi said something similar in the episode and I really don't understand it. LeeAnne and D'Andra have been really close friends for something like 10 years. By both their admissions, they have had arguments before and then come back together. So, I guess I'm not seeing how LeeAnne has jumped ship now that she doesn't "need" D'Andra anymore. Also not seeing how that played out on the show? It's not like LeeAnne got some promotion in Dallas society and then stopped returning D'Andra's phone calls. If anything, it was D'Andra who seemed like she kept looking for a reason to be mad at LeeAnee - she was pretty aggressive from the start of the season (I am still confused by her insistence that LeeAnne was not being "honest" about why she didn't have a wedding date yet). I saw LeeAnne repeatedly trying to hold onto the friendship. 

• Love 11
On 11/29/2018 at 9:15 AM, ghoulina said:

Absolutely. Whether LeeAnn is genuinely interested in changing or just trying to control herself on camera, it doesn't matter as much. Because the results are still the same. And there's the whole - "fake it til you make it" concept. The more she behaves this way, genuine or not, the more ingrained that behavior will become.

I think this is a nice idea in theory and works for some emotional and/or behavioral difficulties, but it only takes you so far when you have a personality disorder. From what we’ve seen on the show, she saw the anger management woman briefly (who she just disregarded) and now she’s into meditation. We have not (from what I can recall) seen her with an actual therapist/mental health professional on a regular basis.

I’m not positive she’s a sociopath (although I’m not dismissing it), but I am pretty damn sure she has a Cluster B personality disorder that isn’t being treated. Her “fake it until you make it” needs to be coupled with intense CBT or DBT. 

I think it’s important to note that, dependent on the disorder, some people can act quite normal and even be incredibly charismatic and charming (until they’re not). Or they can keep up public appearances for a time and it comes out at home. This might explain why LeeAnne seems to have a lot of social friends and be popular in certain circles. Also, as noted before, she does the grunt work for the rich, which is why Kam found it totally appropriate to ask LeeAnne to wash her hair (when she had a “glam squad” on the way over). I’m just surprised LeeAnne said no.

Also, I know a lot of people think she might be acting or playing it up for the cameras- I think it’s possible that it is played up. That whole dropping to the ground and talking about Jesus thing was a total Vicki G. move (“Nail me to a cross like Jesus!”), but she is still a very mentally unstable person. She needs help and I don’t think she should be on a reality show.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, RedInk said:

Sorry, but this is also bugging me: that executive business program at Harvard is probably fantastic (not a hater!), but it's a money-making program for the school. I've known many coworkers who've attended. It's not "going to Harvard." How strange that it became such a big storyline.

I wonder if there's more to the requirements than simply willing to pay their fee because D'Andra said she tried to get into that program but wasn't accepted.   

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

One of the highlights/lowlights of the finale was the photo they showed of Brandi and her husband in their younger days (high school?)  In season one I thought I remember Brandi talking about how Bryan was a rebound that stuck? Does anyone else remember her saying that? I've always had the impression that she just settled for him and he seems so over her all the time.

I believe Brandi said that they had been together since they were fourteen.  I remember because I thought she came from very humble beginnings, and he seemed to be more affluent, with his relationship to Travis.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I believe Brandi said that they had been together since they were fourteen.  I remember because I thought she came from very humble beginnings, and he seemed to be more affluent, with his relationship to Travis.  

In her confessional, Brandi describes the adorable story behind her marriage to her high school sweetheart. She and Bryan first met in the eighth grade, and started dating in high school. She was a cheerleader, and was (of course) dating the football quarterback. But then he broke up with her, and she started dating Bryan to make him jealous. And the rest is history. "And we're still together!" she sings to the camera.

https://www.romper.com/p/how-did-brandi-redmond-her-husband-meet-the-real-housewives-star-has-adorable-tale-9409

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

but they have fought (last year I think) and Brandi didn't say anything "private" in the fight with her.. I honestly for real think these two are actually really real friends cause nothing Nasty was thrown and they look happy to be around each other ...... 

I do agree with you.  I think they really are friends and in all probability Brandi would keep those secrets about Steph and Travis.

Unlike D'Andra!  I still cannot understand why in any universe, D'Andra thought it was appropriate to vent to Brandi of all people about LeeAnne, at the beginning of the season.  And bring up the cheating secret.

Her friendship with Stephanie, for me, is one of the few things I do like about Brandi.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Feline Queen said:

I wonder if there's more to the requirements than simply willing to pay their fee because D'Andra said she tried to get into that program but wasn't accepted.   

I don’t know where I heard this but Travis is apparently a descendent of the founder of Harvard, and all descendants get in to all programs.

Cary’s face when Kam said “is my hair flat?”

80134EE3-3E26-4DEE-AB6F-1568DFEB874D.jpeg

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Sterling said:

This is the million dollar question.  Why does Kam bow down to psycho-sociopath Leeanne?

My theory:

Leeane has sucked up so much to Kam, that she appeals to the need that Kam has (and most of us do) to be admired, to be adored, to be needed.  And heard.

Remember a few episodes ago, when Leeanne said that D'Andra was better friends with her than she was with D'Andra?  

Remember, Leeane was sucking up to Stephanie for a while there, but Kam is a much juicier social target.  Get in with the Westcotts, and honey, you are in.

Kam doesn't appear to get much love at home.  Court is this short, blocky-headed weirdo who seems to try and rule the house but can never seem to get Kam completely in line with exactly how he wants her to be.  Enter Leeane:  Kam is completely loved, adored, and accepted.

I was thinking something similar.  I think while her husband may love her, Kam has a really hard job keeping Jimmy's approval which also means keeping Court's approval.  The money of the Wescott family would not be worth the baggage and rules that come with it.  I am sure she cannot really be herself.  At times I could see an almost smile that betrayed what she was saying about not liking XYZ.  I have a feeling her job as wife of a Wescott comes with a lot of rules and has been repeatedly told not to embarrass the family (may have been an agreement to be allowed to be on the show).  She gets admiration and ass kissing from Leanne which may be a nice change from all the ass kissing she has to do with her inlaws and society matrons.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I think this is a nice idea in theory and works for some emotional and/or behavioral difficulties, but it only takes you so far when you have a personality disorder. From what we’ve seen on the show, she saw the anger management woman briefly (who she just disregarded) and now she’s into meditation. We have not (from what I can recall) seen her with an actual therapist/mental health professional on a regular basis.

LeeAnne has said that she is seeing a therapist. And I think it's a good sign that it's actually not televised.

2 hours ago, dosodog said:

I do agree with you.  I think they really are friends and in all probability Brandi would keep those secrets about Steph and Travis.

Interestingly enough, LeeAnne has said that Brandi did tell her things about Stephanie and Travis' marriage in the time that they were friends (when Brandi was ghosting Stephanie) but that she (LeeAnne) never let it spill.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Interestingly enough, LeeAnne has said that Brandi did tell her things about Stephanie and Travis' marriage in the time that they were friends (when Brandi was ghosting Stephanie) but that she (LeeAnne) never let it spill.

I call BS with Brandi telling LeeAnne anything other then  just surface this is why she’s wrong bullshit that everyone spills when they are fighting with someone because the whole world knows if LeeAnne has anything on Brandi she would have blurted it out faster then she could work with those hands lol LeeAnne goes scorched earth and she would have lived for ammunition like that just to rip them apart 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

LeeAnne has said that she is seeing a therapist. And I think it's a good sign that it's actually not televised.

I didn’t recall her mentioning anyone other than woman she saw for her anger. I just looked her up and it seems like that is her actual therapist. So LeeAnne has televised her therapy, at least last season. I do always cringe when I see Housewives with their therapists because, like you, I find it really disconcerting. 

That said, if she’s going to televise her therapy/therapist, I’m going to critique... maybe that’s hypocritical? 🤷‍♀️

I looked up her therapist and she seems to specialize in trauma issues.  That’s probably good for LeeAnne, but I’m still not sure how she is working at the core mental disorder she suffers from. Because, at least on the show, she completely is focused on her victimhood and her “anger” issues. Many, many therapists are not experienced in treating people with personality disorders, which can be pretty different than handling trauma, depression, etc. I do find it interesting that her therapist has this in her bio:

”Studying sociopaths has been a passion for her during her counseling years. Support is essential for the individual who has contact  with a sociopath.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if LeeAnne has convinced her that she is the victim of sociopaths rather than potentially having some of those tendencies herself.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if LeeAnne has convinced her that she is the victim of sociopaths rather than potentially having some of those tendencies herself.

I actually think it's both.

I think Leeane is both the victim of sociopaths, and a sociopath herself.  

She herself shows clear narcissistic sociopath traits, and I think it's quite plausible that she was raised by similar.  

It's hard to imagine a "normal" parent wanting to raise a child in a traveling carnival world.

While I feel sorry for Leeane for her upbringing, she is now an adult, and this sh*t she pulls these days is on her.

• Love 8
On 11/29/2018 at 10:39 PM, Sterling said:

D'Andra was interviewed on a Sirius talk show, and she brought up the weight.  She said in Dallas society, if you're above a size 2, you're considered "huge", and she's a size 6, so she's considered enormous.  She basically just said that that's the way her body is, and that's how it is.

I do like that she doesn't seem obsessed with the whole thigh-gap skeleton bones showing like so many women in those societies.  

Brandy did fit into her college cheerleader uniform, which after 2 kids, is impressive.  But even she's not super extremely skinny.  She looks real.  And yay, it's my college too!  

If D’Andra is a size 6, I’ll eat a bowl of Sparkle Dog. Maybe size 6 shoe. 

• Love 12
On 11/30/2018 at 8:45 PM, Natalie68 said:

I was thinking something similar.  I think while her husband may love her, Kam has a really hard job keeping Jimmy's approval which also means keeping Court's approval.  The money of the Wescott family would not be worth the baggage and rules that come with it.  I am sure she cannot really be herself.  At times I could see an almost smile that betrayed what she was saying about not liking XYZ.  I have a feeling her job as wife of a Wescott comes with a lot of rules and has been repeatedly told not to embarrass the family (may have been an agreement to be allowed to be on the show).  She gets admiration and ass kissing from Leanne which may be a nice change from all the ass kissing she has to do with her inlaws and society matrons.

Yet they have no problem with her baby-talking her way through 2 seasons of a trashy Bravo show, on which "Jimmy" even wanted to appear?  I'm not buying what they're selling.

• Love 5
On November 29, 2018 at 5:07 PM, heatherchandler said:

He is so ugly, it almost looks not real.  Like his face is like a halloween mask of an ugly man.  

That made me giggle but I'm not sure I agree.  No I don't find Travis attractive but I find Mark, Court and Brian more unattractive than him so in my eyes Travis seems not so bad relatively ;-)

That was an 'aha moment' when D'andra said Leanne had been social-climbing with her and now she's latched onto Kam.  It makes a lot of sense.

i think I'm done with Leanne.  Sure it was wrong of Brandi to provoke her, but to watch Leanne's physical transformation when she lost her cool was truly terrifying.  Like she was possessed.  I do now believe those rumors of her being physically violent with people.

Run, Kam, run! Before she turns on you, and she inevitably will because that's what toxic people do.  And you go with your fabulous Cher costume and dog-pee topiary.  I wish I could have one but my HOA never allows anything fun.

• Love 4