Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Toaster Strudel

S06.E07: Flirting With Disaster

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I thought they said they had used protection every time except the one she got pregnant. 

Yup they were either too lazy or too cheap to get one that time.  And it only takes once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I thought they said they had used protection every time except the one she got pregnant. 

That’s what they all say.

• Like 12

Just now, iwasish said:

I know morons in their 20s and 30s who use the withdrawal method and think it’s effective.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iwasish said:
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Yeah, I know, but after seeing how angry Steven gets, Olga probably was afraid to say no to unprotected sex. 

• Like 4

On 11/30/2018 at 10:37 AM, magemaud said:

IOW, there was only a one way cross country roadtrip that we SAW, and even that might have been edited to show just the beginning and the end. Dodge vans (or whatever he was driving) are readily available to rent. When they showed Eric, Leida and Alless leaving NYC after saying goodbye to her family, he could have been dropping that van off at the airport, and flying, not driving to Wisconsin. Anything's possible with this misleading editing. 

Yeah, I had been under the impression that the parents got an eyeful of The Apartment at some point. But who knows - each episode seems to have three versions aired ("First Look", the standard episode, "More to Love") so I never know whether something is a new ep or just the same episode with more content.

ETA MomJon needs to take a couple Valium. Seriously, woman, he's getting married, not donating an organ to her. If they're terrible at it, they'll divorce, and trust me, she'll come out on the shitty end of that deal. So calm the fuck down and enough with the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Edited by CoyoteBlue · Reason: 2 cents on MomJon
  • Like 8

On 11/30/2018 at 8:04 PM, Spike said:

Maybe Tasha is estranged from her mother.  Otherwise you would think crashing with her is better than sketchy rape motel.

Maybe mom lives in a tiny apartment with the youngest child and can't squeeze Tasha in. Moving back in with mom is not always practical. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

MomJon needs to take a couple Valium. Seriously, woman, he's getting married, not donating an organ to her. If they're terrible at it, they'll divorce, and trust me, she'll come out on the shitty end of that deal. So calm the fuck down and enough with the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I agree that Jon is a grownup and Mom shouldn't lose sleep over his seemingly uncharacteristic decision to settle down. But still... he  set the stage by first not being adult about it all and letting her know he was getting married before the news hit facebook; and secondly by admitting that he needed and sought her approval. He still behaves like a little boy who needs Mom to validate him.  (Hence, his comment that "If I'd told her ahead of time she would have said no.")  I have a 33 year old son and he sometimes calls and tells us he has an idea that we think is hare-brained. But he certainly doesn't ask our permission; nor does he need it.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2018 at 11:37 AM, magemaud said:

What I believe happened is that Eric drove to NYC picked up Leida (and Alless and Reina) at JFK and they went to the PA cabin for a few days before they went back to the airport to get the rest of the family. They ALL stayed at the cabin at least one night (remember there weren’t enough bedrooms for everyone) before heading off to Wisconsin. When Leida’s family was returning to Indonesia, again via JFK for some unknown reason, THEY might have flown there as they were “used to staying at five star hotels” but apparently at least Eric drove from Wisconsin again in order to drive Leida and Alless back another 15 hour trek. But here’s my theory, that van was a rental for the show and the only time Eric actually drove the entire way was from PA to WI with the whole fam-damily. 

Edited for clarity: IOW, there was only a one way cross country roadtrip that we SAW, and even that might have been edited to show just the beginning and the end. Dodge vans (or whatever he was driving) are readily available to rent. When they showed Eric, Leida and Alless leaving NYC after saying goodbye to her family, he could have been dropping that van off at the airport, and flying, not driving to Wisconsin. Anything's possible with this misleading editing. 

Your guess is as good as any about what happened to move these people from the East Coast to the middle of the country.  There was certainly some driving, but 15 hours, with that many people in a van?  Wouldn't they have stopped for an overnight, if they drove from PA to WI?  Eric, I assume, was the only driver.  It makes so much more sense for there to have been some airplane travel involved at some point(s), but damned if I can figure it out.  This whole Eric/Leida thing makes no sense at all to me.  If, as is my best guess, she wants to live in America to make money as an internet sensation--is she delusional?  Couldn't she do that in Indonesia?--what's in it for him?  I know foreign poontang is the standard answer for this question, but honestly he doesn't look or seem like he's interested in sex.  A more libido-less man I haven't seen on this show.  Alcohol and depression can each do that to a person; maybe he's dealing with both.  For someone whose main interest seems to be money, Leida is settling for a pretty low entry-level American dude.  I'm sure there are more successful men in this country who would've fallen for her "medical graduate, model/actress, rich family" presentation of herself.  Eric is just horrible; there is literally nothing good I can say about him.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 6:49 AM, Drogo said:

20181126_074835.thumb.jpg.cccab8808564b5013d644b0d12d2d0f1.jpg

Can't. Process. 

And he's hanging onto this chair like it's about to launch off the ground.

I'll be honest, everything about thjs picture makes me want to launch myself into the sun.

• Like 16

9 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Yeah, I had been under the impression that the parents got an eyeful of The Apartment at some point.

Oh yes, they certainly did. Supposedly Eric rented a place nearby for Leida's family to stay in while they were in Wisconsin, but she stayed at Eric's. They showed us her first glimpse of the hovel and her reaction. Then in another scene, (which could have happened the next day) she is shown taking her parents to see the mess when Eric isn't home. That doesn't make any sense to me. If her parents would veto the idea of her staying in the US because Eric's living conditions weren't up to their standards, why on earth would she take them to see it before it was cleaned up? A normal reaction would be to say, "Let's get this place cleaned up BEFORE my parents see it" and try to put their minds at ease about her staying there instead of confirming their fears that she's moving into a shithole. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

I'll be honest, everything about thjs picture makes me want to launch myself into the sun.

Okay, BFF, come sit with me.  There is NOTHING appealing about Colt.  Nothing.  The thought of being near him/kissing him/being intimate with him makes me, literally, gag.

• Like 4

No feedback on the young ones wedding dress outing? I liked the 3 they showed her trying on and the one she chose. 

I don't remember anything about wedding plans other than her mother can not attend. 

Question : am I the only woman walking this plant who didn't dream about a wedding dress since they were a little child? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

No feedback on the young ones wedding dress outing? I liked the 3 they showed her trying on and the one she chose. 

I don't remember anything about wedding plans other than her mother can not attend. 

Question : am I the only woman walking this plant who didn't dream about a wedding dress since they were a little child? 

No, you are not.  I think the idea of the huge, multi-thousand-dollar wedding, with concomitant dress, is only about 20-25 years old.  Although I must say that $1900 for the dress she chose was quite reasonable, based on my watching of Say Yes to the Dress, and it looked exquisite on her.  I don't think we've been made privy to any wedding plans yet, other than that it will take place in Chicago.

I'm screaming at Mother Jon for saying "lots to process."  WTF?  She has to figure something out?  FFS, her *adult* son has presented his fiancee, a seemingly nice young woman who is all alone in this country, and MoJo can't even give a straight answer when asked to help select a wedding dress--something *any* potential mother-in-law who is not Cruella DeVille would jump on with both feet.  Whether her son has made a wise decision or not, MoJo is not behaving well toward Fernanda, or anybody afaic.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

Coltee is grosee.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, BFF, come sit with me.  There is NOTHING appealing about Colt.  Nothing.  The thought of being near him/kissing him/being intimate with him makes me, literally, gag.

I thought I was the only one thinking "ew, just no!".

• Like 3

Steven is a little psychotic biotch who deserves to be body slammed by Viktor Drogo, but since that isn’t possible, let’s verbally slam him, shall we? 

1. Meth face

2. No empathy 

3. Selfish

4. Screams about how fighting is bad for kids/babies, keeps screaming 

5. Drives recklessly around Russia

6. Always right

L-O-S-E-R!!!!

• Like 11

Catching up on this episode. I ADORE Olga. What a calm, peaceful, loving, beautiful mother and woman.  She's so beyond her years and impresses me more with each scene.

• Like 5

Watching this episode again, had only seen parts of it before.

Let me start with...I am horrible with names

Col-T & Larissa:

It seems as if she pronounces the full constants-i.e., Col-T,  big-g  I don't know if that's a Portuguese thing.

Col-T reminds me of this guy from My 600 Pound Life, he lived with his mother, too.

Eric and the 'Rich Bitch'

There is nothing about that woman or any member of her family that scream 'We're Rich!' to me except her mouth.  None of them dressed like they were wealthy, she wore a house coat like my grandma use to wear when she was in her 70's!

Does she ever acknowledge her son? Have we ever heard the little boy talk?

Speaking as someone who's dad married for the 3rd time when I was 30 to a woman who decided she would pretend dad had no life before she came into it, that whole apartment scene angered me. I then remembered that this person wants him to stop paying child support for his minor daughter but expects him to support HER son?  I found out that my dad's wife was telling people that there was no relationship or communication between us & our dad until we were adults. Another friend of hers told me that his wife told her dad never had kids of his own & was thrilled to be 'Dad' to her adult kids! We were always a part of his life.  I see this woman doing the same thing to Eric's kids.   

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Watching this episode again, had only seen parts of it before.

Let me start with...I am horrible with names

Col-T & Larissa:

It seems as if she pronounces the full constants-i.e., Col-T,  big-g  I don't know if that's a Portuguese thing.

Col-T reminds me of this guy from My 600 Pound Life, he lived with his mother, too.

Eric and the 'Rich Bitch'

There is nothing about that woman or any member of her family that scream 'We're Rich!' to me except her mouth.  None of them dressed like they were wealthy, she wore a house coat like my grandma use to wear when she was in her 70's!

Does she ever acknowledge her son? Have we ever heard the little boy talk?

Speaking as someone who's dad married for the 3rd time when I was 30 to a woman who decided she would pretend dad had no life before she came into it, that whole apartment scene angered me. I then remembered that this person wants him to stop paying child support for his minor daughter but expects him to support HER son?  I found out that my dad's wife was telling people that there was no relationship or communication between us & our dad until we were adults. Another friend of hers told me that his wife told her dad never had kids of his own & was thrilled to be 'Dad' to her adult kids! We were always a part of his life.  I see this woman doing the same thing to Eric's kids.   

Yeah my dads wife was the same. We weren’t allowed to tell stories or reminisce  about our lives prior to her being in the picture because any reference to our mom (who was alive) bothered her.  The best was when at my brother’s wedding my sister had her husband dance with our mom and then had him cut in on my dad and his wife. She couldn’t make a scene but cussed my sister out in the parking lot later. It was pretty funny, I think even my dad got a snicker out of it. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

What a NERD.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, Kellyee said:

Steven is annoying as hell. And he appears to be an asshole, but mostly just really freakin' ANNOYING. 

I didn't get to watch the entire episode yet, so I've only seen the first half. But does Leida ever even touch her own child?? Like ever? He goes from Grandpa to Eric and back to Grandpa. Leida talks about him in her talking head interviews, but they never seem to interact. Did that finally change in the second hour? So far, I don't think we've even seen her speak directly to her own kid. Maybe its the editing. I really hope so. 

Leida is a bitch.  I think the family was happy to get rid of her.  I wished the boy would have gone back with the grandparents.  She wouldn’t have mined.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Leida is a bitch.  I think the family was happy to get rid of her.  I wished the boy would have gone back with the grandparents.  She wouldn’t have mined.

Would she have even noticed?

She only has use for him as a way to get something from Eric. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, iwasish said:

Yeah my dads wife was the same. We weren’t allowed to tell stories or reminisce  about our lives prior to her being in the picture because any reference to our mom (who was alive) bothered her.  The best was when at my brother’s wedding my sister had her husband dance with our mom and then had him cut in on my dad and his wife. She couldn’t make a scene but cussed my sister out in the parking lot later. It was pretty funny, I think even my dad got a snicker out of it. 

Iwasish! Same thing, we were never allowed to talk about our childhood,  our mom and especially not his second wife! Had a similar wedding situation, her daughter had gotten married (I was the only of the 4 of us 'non-kids' to go), I was seated by myself at a table in the back.  During the reception, I walked over to see if my dad wanted to dance, she intercepted me & informed me that this is her daughters wedding & I am to stay in the background.  I went to my room. I live in Phoenix, this was in Chicago. I flew back home early.

• Like 5

On 11/27/2018 at 7:27 PM, Deafening Roar said:

Are we still sticking to Kalani saying she was nearly 30 before she gave in and lost her virginity to this sweet, precious, albeit very simple man? I'm not buying it. What exactly was she waiting on? Had Asuelo not come along, would she have continued waiting patiently to lose her virginity?

I'm sorry but Asuelo just isn't a man that I look at and think "man this hunk of a man makes my loins burn" 🤷

I think Eric isn't 40 and Kalani wasn't a virgin for quite some time. They are both lying liars.

And Colt is not a sex machine 

• Like 3

On 11/28/2018 at 12:33 PM, AlanaHeart said:

I think that some people are being too hard on Steven.  Yes, he was a complete jerk and was very rude to her in the hospital room.  100%- he should be ashamed of his behavior and when he looks back on this I think he will be extremely embarrassed and regretful for his actions. But telling Olga to run for the hills and that he is probably going to beat her up in the future is a bit dramatic, unfair and premature. Also, to say that Olga was fearful- I don’t think she was.  I think she was super annoyed, frustrated and pissed off that he was acting like a child but I don’t think she was afraid at all.

Right now, I’m willing to give Steven a pass for now- I think he’s under an immense amount of stress and on a scale of 1 to 10 he’s at 11.  Olga is not saying,” I’m afraid, stop shouting at me.” She just keeps on saying, “Stop freaking out.” Because she realizes he’s under stress and isn’t handling it well.  I think Olga will decide to go to the U.S. with Steven and will take some time to observe him and see if his behavior improves once he is back home where he is comfortable.  I think Olga is smart enough to know that Steve and she are in a highly unusual and stressful situation and is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I’m giving Steve the benefit of the doubt until I see how he behaves after a few weeks/months in the U.S.. If he still a jerk then- then some decisions will need to be made but I think Steve’s grandparents will help him chill out as well.

Also- I just want to call out a double standard I’m seeing. I think people are so willing to be hard on men for saying and doing things but when a woman does the same behavior- it’s excused because she’s a woman.  As a woman this pisses me off. Kalani is doing saying awful things to Asuelu- is anyone giving the same advice for Asuelu as they do Olga? That Kalani is a future abuser, that Asuelu should take the baby and leave the country with Oliver because Kalani is defiantly going to hit/abuse them both in the future?  Kalani’s and Steve’s actions are just as bad with their yelling- but somehow with Steve- we take it to the level of high threat of potential domestic violence because he is a man but no one has mentioned that same with Kalani.

Even furthermore someone was assaulted on the show! Fernanda cursed out her fiancé and literally assaulted a woman in the club. I don’t hear anyone calling for Jon to run for the hills from Fernanda before she starts hitting him (which I wouldn’t put it pass her). Fernanda and Steve are both 20 years old and yet she gets a pass for being that way in the club because she is female, young, in a new country and is a “Fiery Latina”.  Steve is the same age as Fernanda in another country, doesn’t lay hands on anyone, says some jerk things but people are quick to say he is abuser and that Olga needs to “disappear” in Russia. It doesn’t matter if it’s a man or woman doing the hitting or is someone is physically stronger than someone else. No one should be hitting anyone or laying hands on anyone else. So unless we are going to call Fernanda and Kalani future batterers I think we should layoff giving Steve this label- it’s not fair and seems sexist looking at the action of two women on this show.

Interesting...

Steve, Fernanda, Olga, Asuelu, Jay - same age, however  behave so differently 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maximadc said:

Interesting...

Steve, Fernanda, Olga, Asuelu, Jay - same age, however  behave so differently 

Many posts have mentioned that Fernanda was way out of line in the club and that it probably wasn’t the first time or the last, recommending that Jon think about marrying someone so young and immature. 

They’ve also called out Kalani on the way she speaks to Asuelu and disrespects him. He’s been advised to head back to Samoa and not marry her. 

• Like 1

On 2018-12-02 at 12:10 PM, Toodleoo said:

All that thigh wattle...

On 2018-12-02 at 3:41 PM, athousandclowns said:

No.

• Like 1