Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: A Decent Proposal

• Start Topic

On 12/4/2018 at 6:59 PM, glowbug said:

So glad this show is back even if it is a little stale as all reality shows (particularly the non-competition ones) get after being on the air for so long. It's still mind-numbing entertainment for me. So glad Scheana was almost non-existent. Without the comedy gold that was her Robsession I don't have much use for her. I don't know why but I have a soft spot for Kristen. I think she has good friendship chemistry with the girls when they're getting along. I do worry that with everyone (except for James) being so buddy buddy that the conflict is going to feel very contrived. James is an asshole but that's nothing new. His girlfriend is really annoying. She can exit my screen at anytime. 

Count me in as one of the cynics about Jax and Brittany's relationship. People don't change like that, and Jax showed his true colors once again when he said that the reason he's marrying Brittany is because of all the things she does for him. He doesn't even make the leap to how her doing all of these things showed him what a kind and compassionate person she is. It's not about her at all. He is such a psychopath and I actually feel sorry for Brittany. She really is that girl who wants the bad boy to change for her and she is so giddy (almost smug) that he finally has. She sounds really naïve. Brittany deserves much better than Jax and I don't see this relationship ending well. I'm sorry to hear that they're going to bring kids into this mess. Jax should never procreate. He is far too selfish to be a dad. If they have kids, I predict Brittany will have to do everything and he'll be resentful because she won't have the time to dedicate to him anymore. 

Jax is a psychopath, and I mean that literally. If he went to a real shrink (instead of the bullshit therapists in LA who are willing to dispense therapy on TV) she’d probably make that diagnosis. He has no empathy for others and doesn’t understand emotions. You can SEE him doing and saying things that he THINKS “normal” people do, but it’s not genuine. He interacts with people in a “paint-by-numbers” fashion. “If I say this and do this, then that makes me a nice person. And if I say X, then people are supposed to respond Y.” I think in an earlier season he even made the comment that he told the truth to someone so they were supposed to forgive him and give him what he wants. He doesn’t understand that people and life don’t work that way and you can’t just do certain things to get people to like you. I actually feel sorry for him, because I think he wants to be better, but he’s not developing the tools to make better choices. He’s doing an impression of what he thinks a “good guy” would do.  

• Love 10
On 12/4/2018 at 3:02 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

And the gift was underwear which we were awesomely treated to a clip of a James in said underwear

They were Supreme underwear so he should have sold them instead of wearing them!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Jax is a psychopath, and I mean that literally. If he went to a real shrink (instead of the bullshit therapists in LA who are willing to dispense therapy on TV) she’d probably make that diagnosis. He has no empathy for others and doesn’t understand emotions. You can SEE him doing and saying things that he THINKS “normal” people do, but it’s not genuine. He interacts with people in a “paint-by-numbers” fashion. “If I say this and do this, then that makes me a nice person. And if I say X, then people are supposed to respond Y.” I think in an earlier season he even made the comment that he told the truth to someone so they were supposed to forgive him and give him what he wants. He doesn’t understand that people and life don’t work that way and you can’t just do certain things to get people to like you. I actually feel sorry for him, because I think he wants to be better, but he’s not developing the tools to make better choices. He’s doing an impression of what he thinks a “good guy” would do.  

Psychopath or sociopath?

8 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Psychopath or sociopath?

Psychopath. Technically they mean the same thing. Sociopath is an outdated term for a psychopath. Sociopath is still used sometimes to refer to low level psychopaths (poor, unintelligent, blue collar, etc.) from higher level psychopaths (sophisticated, wealthy, educated, white collar such as politicians, CEOs, etc.) but its sort of an unofficial term. 

I also am calling Jax a psychopath literally because I truly believe he doesn’t have empathy and has no moral attachment to right and wrong, which are the two defining characteristics of a psychopath. However, psychopathy cannot be diagnosed because it is not in the Diagnostic and Statiatical Manual. The DSM 5, which psychologists use to diagnose people with disorders is behavior based while the concept of psychopathy has more to do with thoughts and though processes. Many psychopaths also qualify for antisocial personality disorder which is an Axis II disorder in the DSM. I think Jax meets the criteria but not all psychopaths have antisocial personality disorder and not all people who meet the criteria for antisocial personality disorder are psychopaths, thought they is a large overlap. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 6
On 12/9/2018 at 3:23 PM, biakbiak said:

They were Supreme underwear so he should have sold them instead of wearing them!

The guys at my work (in their 20s) buy and sell Supreme stuff like you would not believe!  Buy something for $200 - sell for $1,000!  I almost want something Supreme just because!

• Love 3
On 12/5/2018 at 6:23 AM, HunterHunted said:

Saying you like to weigh between 120 - 123 pounds is not a weight range you daft lunatic. That's like the difference between your weight at 10:45am when you realize you're hungry and go to Chipotle and your weight at 12:30pm after eating a whole Chipotle burrito. Three pounds is normal weight fluctuation not only for a week, but even sometimes in a single day.

She has Regina-"I-Really-Want-To-Lose-3-pounds"-George Syndrome.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

The guys at my work (in their 20s) buy and sell Supreme stuff like you would not believe!  Buy something for $200 - sell for $1,000!  I almost want something Supreme just because!

Supreme is a brand? I just thought it was an adjective. This new information makes it less funny.

• Love 7
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, Thumper said:

$70,000 for an engagement ring???!!!!!  That is so wrong, IMO.  I know it was an inheritance, but to me that is so shallow.  Is he even working?

I don't know jewelry enough that I would even understand the cost of that ring to be suitably "impressed" by looking at it. Stupid.  As someone else said, why not use part of that money for a house?

Edit:  Duh.  I should have realized that this show is his "working!"  

He got ripped off. Diamonds are for fools.

• Love 5
On 12/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, OnceSane said:

I'm not convinced Jax has changed for real.  He's altered his behavior for now, but it won't last.

I agree. You can see it in the entitlement he has demanding people people get completely on board with the new him. If he was serious and had changed he would realize that time and effort should be required to rebuild trust.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I agree. You can see it in the entitlement he has demanding people people get completely on board with the new him. If he was serious and had changed he would realize that time and effort should be required to rebuild trust.

Honestly, if any of these reality stars with serious psychological issues were serious about changing, one of the first things they’d be advised to do (and do) is quit these shows. Maybe well balanced people can handle the spotlight, but people with real problems are hurt being on TV. These shows and people are toxic and designed to NOT make you better. The mere fact Jax continues to be on this show suggests his “change” is just a charade. If he were serious he’d quit and actually seek help. 

• Love 4
On 12/11/2018 at 9:21 AM, heatherchandler said:

Can you please share a link for this Supreme Underpants?

I searched for them on Google and just got results for Hanes Supreme men's packs.

I asked my huband to tell me what they were, and he has never heard of them.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:53 PM, JenE4 said:

Supreme is a brand? I just thought it was an adjective. This new information makes it less funny.

LOL!

I will describe my panties as being supreme from now on.

• Love 3
On 12/10/2018 at 2:00 PM, glowbug said:

Psychopath. Technically they mean the same thing. Sociopath is an outdated term for a psychopath. Sociopath is still used sometimes to refer to low level psychopaths (poor, unintelligent, blue collar, etc.) from higher level psychopaths (sophisticated, wealthy, educated, white collar such as politicians, CEOs, etc.) but its sort of an unofficial term. 

I also am calling Jax a psychopath literally because I truly believe he doesn’t have empathy and has no moral attachment to right and wrong, which are the two defining characteristics of a psychopath. However, psychopathy cannot be diagnosed because it is not in the Diagnostic and Statiatical Manual. The DSM 5, which psychologists use to diagnose people with disorders is behavior based while the concept of psychopathy has more to do with thoughts and though processes. Many psychopaths also qualify for antisocial personality disorder which is an Axis II disorder in the DSM. I think Jax meets the criteria but not all psychopaths have antisocial personality disorder and not all people who meet the criteria for antisocial personality disorder are psychopaths, thought they is a large overlap. 

Wow.  Thank you.

I would love for you to share your thoughts on whatever James has that makes him think he is this larger-than-life celebrity/DJ that people are fortunate to be in the presence of.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PumpkinPK said:

I searched for them on Google and just got results for Hanes Supreme men's packs.

Supreme is a street wear brand that is all about limited edition items that create huge demands because there are so limited. It’s a brand that lives on hype, reselling these limited edition items is a big thing because stupid people will pay stupid money for them to be one of the few that have it. Supreme’s website though I doubt the underwear is on there because it was awhile ago it was out.

If you’re actually interested Hasan Minhaj has a good episode all about Supreme and it’s business model on his Netflix show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Supreme is a street wear brand that is all about limited edition items that create huge demands because there are so limited. It’s a brand that lives on hype, reselling these limited edition items is a big thing because stupid people will pay stupid money for them to be one of the few that have it. Supreme’s website though I doubt the underwear is on there because it was awhile ago it was out.

If your actually interested Hasan Minhaj has a good episode all about Supreme and it’s business model on his Netflix show.

Thank you!  

I will watch that program.  This business model is new to me.

2 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

LOL!

I will describe my panties as being supreme from now on.

Here ya go-

https://www.supremenewyork.com/mobile/?c=1#products/171745

oh yeah it’s Hanes/Supreme- it’s a COLLAB as the guys call it.  There was a recent DROP of a new COLLAB with Luden’s cough drops, I’m not even kidding.  Sold out in seconds.

The fact that James was vamping around in his new Supreme underwear really cracked me up!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Here ya go-

oh yeah it’s Hanes/Supreme- it’s a COLLAB as the guys call it.  There was a recent DROP of a new COLLAB with Luden’s cough drops, I’m not even kidding.  Sold out in seconds.

The fact that James was vamping around in his new Supreme underwear really cracked me up!

Thanks!

Who knew all the fuss aboit special underpants?

When I clicked on your link, I got a special offer of 40% off popup.  They only have smalls left or I would grab a set for my husband.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Here ya go-

A 4-pack of underwear for $36 doesn’t seem that extravagant that it’s worth air-gunning yourself in the mirror and bragging about.

• Love 3
On 12/10/2018 at 12:00 PM, glowbug said:

Thanks for that info GLOWBUG. Very interesting. It's actually fascinating to me but unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to completely understand the many facets of human psychology. I wish I was because I have a sister who (her choice) hasn't been in my life for 50 years. She allegedly was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia when she was 17. Sometimes I want to feel sorry for her and sometimes I want to hate her because I never did anything to her. I was her little sister and went through the same childhood trauma as she did. All I can do is let it go and move on.

I too see that Jaxx is numb to feeling empathy, sympathy, love. He thinks he can, at times, feel those emotions but he never does. He needs a really good psycho therapist. I believe Jaxx has it in him to love and be a good person but something is stopping him and until he figures it out.....he'll just be a loser, a philanderer and lost in life.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Jax doesn't love Britney because of real affection or respect.  He loves her because she does things for him.  She is "the one" because she handled the arrangements when his father died. 

So true. He has totally misinterpreted Britney's kindnesss (during his father's death) as " hey, I've found "the one" who is going to take care of me and cater to my every need". But I'll be watching and waiting for the train wreck.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Here ya go-

Sometimes I see stuff like this and think it must be performance art or trolling

• Love 4
On 12/10/2018 at 3:00 PM, glowbug said:

Hmm. A few years ago, while dealing with some real assholes at work, I read a few books on Psychopaths (I linked to ONE of them, NOT that this makes me a SME by any stretch!!!). I always think of a psychopath as someone who is willing to kill for what they want. This is probably incorrect, but it's how I think about it...

I forgot to comment about the fact that Katie revealed the audio on the Jax/Faith recording that we couldn’t hear last season for legal reasons. Katie described Jax telling Faith that he’d never marry Brittany, and the ridiculously offensive reasons why. 

• Love 1
On 12/17/2018 at 10:27 AM, DrSparkles said:

Hmm. A few years ago, while dealing with some real assholes at work, I read a few books on Psychopaths (I linked to ONE of them, NOT that this makes me a SME by any stretch!!!). I always think of a psychopath as someone who is willing to kill for what they want. This is probably incorrect, but it's how I think about it...

Come sit by me and watch ID.

• Love 5
On 12/20/2018 at 12:52 AM, SimonSeymour said:

I forgot to comment about the fact that Katie revealed the audio on the Jax/Faith recording that we couldn’t hear last season for legal reasons. Katie described Jax telling Faith that he’d never marry Brittany, and the ridiculously offensive reasons why. 

Wasn't it because she is "fat" and he wasn't attracted to her anymore.

9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Wasn't it because she is "fat" and he wasn't attracted to her anymore.

I believe it was something like that. Season 6 was filming either right before or right after Jax and Brittany take Kentucky. On that show, Jax kept using the not at subtle code "Brittany has lost her spark" to explain why he was hesitant to marry her.

• Love 1