Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: A Decent Proposal

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Oh geez. No love for Lala’s Laura Ingallz Wilder look? (The “z” was initially a typo, but then I realized it’s “street,” like Lala.)

James: ”It wasn’t calculated.” Ten minutes earlier in show time: “Wasn’t that funny? Let me plan out other ways to insult Jax and Britney from the DJ booth.” LVP is a more believable rapper.

I can’t believe I’ve hung in with this thing for seven seasons! I think I initially tuned in because I thought it would be stupid, but LOOK AT ME NOW, randomly saying stuff like “IT’S NOT ABOUT THE PASTAAAAAA” or “Roooooobbbbbbbb” in the vain hope that someone will respond to my call.

And I’m tearing up at Stassi’s THs.

Yeesh. I don’t understand why designers are trying to make this look happen. And  why people on my TV are wearing it. It’s so busy and fussy. 

Brittany’s breasts are ENORMOUS.

Katie is showing way too much of her breasts in a TH. (She’s wearing a black dress.)

I am not optimistic about Brittany and Jax, but I thought it was sweet that Jax said, every time he saw the ring on Brittany’s hand, he would also think of his father.

Brittany was giggling nervously a lot on WWHL.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm always going to see LVP as the not so stealth asshole in this situation. If you know people in the bar/restaurant business, they'll talk about how to innovate using existing ingredients from their menu. Typically, the bar and the kitchen will collaborate on ingredients so they can achieve economies of scale. If they use hot pepper jelly and blood orange juice in their savory dishes, then the bar needs to figure out how to repurpose some of those ingredients and make cocktails. And to a lesser extent that if there is a show stopping ingredient that the bar wants to use, the kitchen needs to figure if there is a way to use that ingredient.

Lisa didn't even give these dopes an opportunity to succeed or collaborate with the food side of the venture. It's really clear that Lisa doesn't give two shits about either Tom. She sees them as almost superfluous; they are her version of the panda bears in the national zoo.

Of course she's being a bitch; successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks is all about the money.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Marley said:

Well the guy said it usually costs $70 grand so we don’t really know if Jax paid that much money. I’m sure he’s not hurting for money tho.

I had a feeling there was probably some type of discount given for the publicity.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Neptune's Net is an institution.  It's been there forever and is very popular.  Also, it's delicious and has a wonderful beer selection.  On WWHL Brit explained it was the perfect place for them.  It has special meaning to them, Jax's dad loved the place, and going out for crab is their thing.  Oddly enough, I think I remember them talking about going to The Boiling Crab or some place like that in some past episode, which seems so random, but wouldn't be if they go out for crab weekly like she said.

I feel like their Instagram stories are  better reality shows than VPR.

I remember Neptune's Net from Mary-Kate & Ashley's show So Little Time, and that Kristen & Justin Bobby went there on his motorcycle on The Hills!

• Love 13

Seems like the ring was purchased from a pawn shop - not that there is anything wrong with that.

Our entire ring set was $600 and I was proposed to in a Wendy's drive thru 28 years ago.

Edited by mytmo
  • Love 10

Near as I can tell, only Sandoval is someone with whom James can even claim a tangential friendship (although I don't recall Scheana stating a position one way or the other).  From the "I smell bad shrimp" facial expressions on Ariana during his exchanges with James, she'd be just as happy if the dickhead occupied a different zip code.   So I'm going to assume Sandoval/Ariana throw the 80's party hinted at?  Because near as I can tell, no one else has plans to include James in any of the social activities this season.  

I wonder what the impetus is for James' crying to Lisa and her statement of "we just can't risk it."  Sounds like James pulls a typical James moment and gets the heave-ho from SUR?  Or doesn't get a gig he was promised.  Either way I can't wait for this dick to get his come-uppance.  And I give full props to Jax - "you are not coming to any of our events this summer."  Although I wonder what what would have transpired if he had gone to the alley, but loved the excuse "Oh, I'm working here."  BS - the sun was still out and he doesn't start that SYNT business until after the majority of the dinner rush has left and it's later in the evening from what I've seen.  

Edited by Carolina Girl
her name is LISA, not "listen"
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

There are a lot of things that the show requires the cast do to not break that 4th wall. This includes never flying first class on their cast trips, never moving into a home or apartment that is too nice, and taking Ubers everywhere so the viewers can't see that they all have much nicer cars (and also their propensity to getting blackout drunk). I sort of agree with the Toms. LVP thinks this is the old studio system or Motown; she can exploit them, but not really compensate tgem. It's bullshit, especially since she'd been holding on to this property for awhile hoping to turn it into a gastro pub for Max to run. And I'm sure the longer she held on to it, the more it made sense to turn it into a dedicated spot where customers could see the cast. Customers definitely note in their yelp reviews that they'd hoped to see more cast. Peter is truly is a manager and is often found at SUR. James really does DJ See U Next Tuesday. However, the rest of the cast, who work at SUR, only have to do 1 shift a month. A spot where you would likely see Schwartz, Sandoval, Jax, Stassi, Katie, and Kristen is bound to make a ton of money.

To be fair, taking an Uber or Lyft is pretty standard in LA when going out.  I can't remember the last time I went out and someone drove.  I drove myself to an event once this year, but it was specifically so I had a reason not to drink.  

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I had a feeling there was probably some type of discount given for the publicity.

I'm pretty sure there's a reason Kyle Chan is synonymous with chuckle fuck jewelry and that reason is probably a steep discount.  

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Let's face it - the two Toms aren't good for much except drawing in some crowds.  They can't get their shit together to even give LVP a drink menu, much less one written on a bar coaster.  From what I can tell, that was their only assigned task, and they've had a fair amount of time to complete it.  Sandoval's dreaming about unicorn jizz cocktails, and Schwartzie's just dreaming about unicorn jizz.

Didn't they demonstrate that adequately last season? If memory serves, successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks gave them a task and they dropped the ball with that one too.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Didn't they demonstrate that adequately last season? If memory serves, successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks gave them a task and they dropped the ball with that one too.

And they got drunk the night before an important meeting with the designer and showed up late to it. Yeah. I’m pretty sure the Toms are the face of the bar for the exact reason people have stated: it’s going to bring in crowds who hope to see the toms or the wives or other cast members.

• Love 11

Ok, so after seeing Brit and Jax on WWHL my opinion on their marriage has changed drastically. I think he has really changed! He was so mellow, lost 35 lbs, looks great, they both work out all the time and he is so on board with this wedding. They want 3 kids and will start trying as soon as they are married. He was dead serious about this. I picture them saving all their VPR show money until the series is cancelled, then moving to Kentucky and buying a nice ranch to raise their babies in. They both said they want to visit Brits family as much as they can because she misses them so I think she will push for this and seeing how Jax apparently has had a lobotomy during the hiatus, he will happily go along with it. Her mom was in the audience, too. Now I am really rooting for these krazee kids!

• Love 23
12 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Oh geez. No love for Lala’s Laura Ingallz Wilder look? (The “z” was initially a typo, but then I realized it’s “street,” like Lala.)

James: ”It wasn’t calculated.” Ten minutes earlier in show time: “Wasn’t that funny? Let me plan out other ways to insult Jax and Britney from the DJ booth.” LVP is a more believable rapper.

I can’t believe I’ve hung in with this thing for seven seasons! I think I initially tuned in because I thought it would be stupid, but LOOK AT ME NOW, randomly saying stuff like “IT’S NOT ABOUT THE PASTAAAAAA” or “Roooooobbbbbbbb” in the vain hope that someone will respond to my call.

And I’m tearing up at Stassi’s THs.

Not only have I watched this from the start, I am pushing 50 ( well I look younger lol) and I have resorted to going there by myself for dinner when I am out in LA for work.  I need help but I love this damn show.   

• Love 18
4 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

And they got drunk the night before an important meeting with the designer and showed up late to it. Yeah. I’m pretty sure the Toms are the face of the bar for the exact reason people have stated: it’s going to bring in crowds who hope to see the toms or the wives or other cast members.

Why would LVP give these two Elmer Dumbfucks a bar to manage AND part ownership? 

• Love 8

I forgot to mention my favorite part is when Jax got mad at James and he said “I even bought you a gift last week!” And the gift was underwear which we were awesomely treated to a clip of a James in said underwear. Like Jax being all “I bought you a gift of underwear!! “ just makes me laugh. It’s little gems like this that come out of this show that make me laugh and laugh. This wasn’t as good as the it’s not about the pasta! but still it’s a gem.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm always going to see LVP as the not so stealth asshole in this situation. If you know people in the bar/restaurant business, they'll talk about how to innovate using existing ingredients from their menu. Typically, the bar and the kitchen will collaborate on ingredients so they can achieve economies of scale. If they use hot pepper jelly and blood orange juice in their savory dishes, then the bar needs to figure out how to repurpose some of those ingredients and make cocktails. And to a lesser extent that if there is a show stopping ingredient that the bar wants to use, the kitchen needs to figure if there is a way to use that ingredient.

Lisa didn't even give these dopes an opportunity to succeed or collaborate with the food side of the venture. It's really clear that Lisa doesn't give two shits about either Tom. She sees them as almost superfluous; they are her version of the panda bears in the national zoo.

I think it often depends on the focus of the establishment. You can't go wrong with collaboration but it's often not necessary.  A restaurant is likely to prioritize developing and establishing their food menu and then use that as the basis for developing the drink menu to ensure that drinks can be paired well with the food and give incentive to customers to buy drinks as their is often a big profit margins on alcohol sales. Given that TomTom is focused on signature drinks, I think Lisa's falter isn't allowing the Toms to collaborate on food, but rather her falter is trying to create both sets of menus at the same time. The cocktail list should be finalized before the food menu and it should be the responsibility of the executive chef to figure out what works well with the drinks and where ingredients can be repurposed.

Lisa doesn't trust the Toms over her own experience of the business but that's not the Toms, that's on Lisa. I feel that she brought them in to capitalize on the popularity of the show AND because Sandoval has a genuine talent behind the bar. The drinks are about the only thing that Lisa isn't trying to micromanage but she's trying to suggest that the Toms need to take on more responsibility but she's not giving the the space to prove themselves.

I hope Jax has changed for the better but please spare me the self-righteousness. Jax is upset because even though Britney has forgiven him, he hasn't completely escaped his fuckery. Hearing Jax talk about no more room for apologies and making his girlfriend cry and questioning how many mistakes one has to make..are you fucking kidding me Jax? The irony is just too much.

I thought it was sweet that Stassi started crying when talking about how happy she is with Beau. Not crazy about Lala's TH look at all.

• Love 10

Scheana looks very odd in the opening shot.

Right?! I rewound it three times--what she doing?

I probably spelled that wrong.  She had just had a bad case of it and had tiny cuts all over her hands.

Thank you for clarifying; I was confused too. You'd think I'd get it because right this very moment as I type, I'm dealing with that very thing! 

I liked the place where the proposal happened. It looks exactly like somewhere I'd want to be proposed to--or at least hang out at. That or a divey biker bar. What I did not get was why Jax made a big thing of carrying the ring on a tray but took the box off the tray before he even got back to the table. Also, I laughed during the James-Jax argument when James started talking inexplicably fast.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6

So glad this show is back even if it is a little stale as all reality shows (particularly the non-competition ones) get after being on the air for so long. It's still mind-numbing entertainment for me. So glad Scheana was almost non-existent. Without the comedy gold that was her Robsession I don't have much use for her. I don't know why but I have a soft spot for Kristen. I think she has good friendship chemistry with the girls when they're getting along. I do worry that with everyone (except for James) being so buddy buddy that the conflict is going to feel very contrived. James is an asshole but that's nothing new. His girlfriend is really annoying. She can exit my screen at anytime. 

Count me in as one of the cynics about Jax and Brittany's relationship. People don't change like that, and Jax showed his true colors once again when he said that the reason he's marrying Brittany is because of all the things she does for him. He doesn't even make the leap to how her doing all of these things showed him what a kind and compassionate person she is. It's not about her at all. He is such a psychopath and I actually feel sorry for Brittany. She really is that girl who wants the bad boy to change for her and she is so giddy (almost smug) that he finally has. She sounds really naïve. Brittany deserves much better than Jax and I don't see this relationship ending well. I'm sorry to hear that they're going to bring kids into this mess. Jax should never procreate. He is far too selfish to be a dad. If they have kids, I predict Brittany will have to do everything and he'll be resentful because she won't have the time to dedicate to him anymore. 

• Love 19
15 hours ago, Iris987 said:

I may be a cynical bitch because I'm the opposite. I think he's good for a few months and then his degenerate behaviour will start again. But now he's got an inbuilt excuse of "my father died, I was acting out, I couldn't process it". I'm sure he's grieving but I also think there is the sociopathic part of him that is thrilled that he's got something to explain away his bad behaviour.

You aren't the only one. Whether it's a few months or even years she will go another round of crazy with him. And another. But I actually think that's part of her attraction to him so their dysfunction matches. I do think he will be a dedicated father tho. 

• Love 3

The 80's party might have been part of when the cast went to Saved by the Max.  I've been following them on Instagram. It's weird to see how their relationships have fluctuated but I love Stassi now and think Beau has really helped her come into her own.  Their instastories of their trip to Italy before filming and the events they've gone to this year together.  On her podcast you can really tell that she's found her person.  You could tell Beau was a little tentative filming there but I don't think it'll take long for him to come into his own on the show. He's in casting and he is a character.  

Totally weird to see things like Stassi and Ariana as friends and having a joint party and all the cast members going away together post filming as a group and having fun together. 

Lala and her man took Jax and Brittany and Schwartz and Katie to his Oceanfront mansion in Cabo for an engagement present.  Based on what I've seen from their instagrams, James is on the outs and Scheana has been doing her own thing and probably just came back for filming.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, vmarsissmart said:

The 80's party might have been part of when the cast went to Saved by the Max.  I've been following them on Instagram. It's weird to see how their relationships have fluctuated but I love Stassi now and think Beau has really helped her come into her own.  Their instastories of their trip to Italy before filming and the events they've gone to this year together.  On her podcast you can really tell that she's found her person.  You could tell Beau was a little tentative filming there but I don't think it'll take long for him to come into his own on the show. He's in casting and he is a character.  

A. I’m jealous they went to Saved by the Max. I follow that on social and it looks like dorky fun.

B. Beau kinda looks like Zach Braff to me?

• Love 5
On 12/3/2018 at 8:44 PM, Jets4274 said:

I can't help but think that the engagement ring box smelled like sweaty balls when Jax presented it to Brittany, not to mention his hands. Eww.

Let’s hope it was between his jeans and his limited edition supreme underwear!

Edited by Alilou
Spelling
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, vmarsissmart said:

Totally weird to see things like Stassi and Ariana as friends and having a joint party and all the cast members going away together post filming as a group and having fun together. 

Lala and her man took Jax and Brittany and Schwartz and Katie to his Oceanfront mansion in Cabo for an engagement present.  Based on what I've seen from their instagrams, James is on the outs and Scheana has been doing her own thing and probably just came back for filming.  

I don’t think the 8os party was the saved by the max thing. I saw pictures of that on Instagram and it looked like only The couples went and not Lala and her man, or James and Raquel or Schena. 

Which makes sense. As someone else said, it seems FI is James only friend of the cast right now. He burns his bridges with almost everyone a lot. I mean maybe Schena is cool with him but I do think again like someone else said here she’s only here for filming. And Lala probably didn’t want to go without her man and that saved by the max thing probably isn’t his scene.

It is odd that everyone is friendly now. Hell even Aririna and Kristen appear to be very friendly now. Remember when Kristen was super duper crazy on her? And now they’re like friends. It’s.. strange. But also... it kind of melts my heart that all these people get along.

I like beau from what I know of him. And I think it does help that he agreed to be on the show. And I also think that’s why people get along wit Stassi on the cast now. When she was with Patrick, she did have to put up this front about the show because he wouldn’t be on it and then when he was on it, he still had a too cool for it attitude about the whole thing and Stassi had to have one too. Also anyone remember her constantly talking about befor eevents she went to that Patrick would be at she was taking Adderall just to deal. Like..okay.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I like beau from what I know of him. And I think it does help that he agreed to be on the show. And I also think that’s why people get along wit Stassi on the cast now. When she was with Patrick, she did have to put up this front about the show because he wouldn’t be on it and then when he was on it, he still had a too cool for it attitude about the whole thing and Stassi had to have one too.

Remember the past season, either the 3rd or 4th, when Stassi had moved up to NYC to live with Patrick and they’d just moved to LA in that snazzy new apartment together? Her smugness was off the charts when she was first with him and she was just trying to reinvent herself as a style blogger/jewelry designer(and launched her now defunct Style By Stassi website).

And apparently because Patrick thought he was so “above” the show and he refused to be on it or acknowledge it, she felt the same way and burned bridges with nearly everyone at SUR, talking about how evil everyone was there and then stomping out of the season finale party claiming she was “done” with everyone.

Funny how she crawled right back onto the show with all her desperate forgiveness-begging from everyone the very next season, after Patrick had dumped her the first of many times. Even funnier was when James totally called her out on that at the season reunion. I often wonder now if she’d have stuck to her guns and finally quit the show/ditched the SUR crew if her relationship with Patrick had actually stuck and he had remained as adamant about not appearing on the show. Hell, I’m still wondering how a gross douche like him had such a psychotic hold over an otherwise strong gal like Stassi for so long—-she must’ve been completely dickmatized or something by that loser.

That said, Beau is adorable and I’m so glad she finally came to her senses and is learning how to maintain a healthy and functional relationship. He seemed a bit subdued on this episode, but it was his first onscreen appearance with her on the show so he was likely just a bit nervous and unsure of how to present himself. I have no doubt that he’ll come into his own with every new episode....either way, I’m so thrilled for those two and really understood Stassi’s immense, tearful happiness over their sweet new relationship—-as a gal who had also wasted years with her own various Patrick’s, I remember being that tearfully giddy over first dating the sweet guy who became my future husband too.

Damnit, but I totally teared up over Jax’s simple but heartfelt proposal; proposals don’t have to be elaborate or fancy, after all. And what a gorgeous ring—-although I don’t buy for a minute that Jax actually paid 70k for it; he likely got at least a 10-15k discount on it for the free publicity. And if those two are happy, then I’m happy for them; Jax really seems to have matured and gotten a nice sense of perspective since his father passed, so it’s great that he at least recognizes that Brittany is the kindest and most loyal gal he’ll ever be able to rate. Hope he sticks to the plan and doesn’t stray or go back to his old gross ways...although undie gifts to his buddies does raise my eyebrows a bit...

Sandoval really needs to chill on the Botox; he looked a bit waxier than usual this episode.

Scheana just looked so desperate and sad...and not in her usual amusingly self-absorbed/Robsessed way. She really doesn’t fit in with the cast at all anymore, does she?

LaLa’s gross black hair is yucky. It harshens her look a bit too much; she needs to go back to the soft buttery highlights.

I barely noticed the rest of them.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

LaLa’s gross black hair is yucky. It harshens her look a bit too much; she needs to go back to the soft buttery highlights.

I so agree. I HATE the dark hair on her. I think it ages her. 

• Love 13

Sandoval being a bar/restaurant owner is a cross between the person who likes to bake and is told "your stuff is awesome! you should open a bakery!" and then does, with zero concept of how to run any sort of food business and ultimately has to get Gordon Ramsay to come in and tell them how to fix their shit and a little kid playing bar owner.  He's great as a bartender, he has ideas for drinks, but he has zero concept of the realities of running any sort of restaurant when it comes to costs.  He's all into "what can I get that will make this unique?" but never stops to consider if it's something that will have a market or what the initial outlay will be or what they'll have to charge to cover the cost of it, and if it's sustainable.  Lisa clearly has this sort of knowledge and experience, which is why she's turning down a lot of these ideas.  

Plus, they've been working on this project for how long at this point and there isn't even a working draft of a drinks menu? I get that they might not have it finalized, but what was that shit they all tasted last season?  Shouldn't they have like 2 or 3 things that they've tweaked (like a twist on a margarita or a cosmo or something, etc), and then start working on "signature" stuff?  I don't think it's unreasonable for Lisa to be kind of upset that they have nothing to show at this point, yes, they are essentially window dressing to draw people in, but, talking about the drinks that they would feature would be a big help.  Like people could go to Sur and have the Vanderpump Sangria with their goat cheese balls, because what else would you order as an app if you're a fan?  

• Love 13

I have not been able to watch up with WWHL so I'm glad to hear they explain the proposal location and the gloves because I thought those things were really strange.  Did they move into ANOTHER apartment?  

All the girls looked different, some slightly and some dramatic and it's not a good thing for all of them. Kristen looks the same but she has aged since last season. I think her drinking and smoking is catching up to her.

I'm just so happy we don't have to talk about Ariana's fake relationship issues and vagina.  Let's party!!!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

All the girls looked different, some slightly and some dramatic and it's not a good thing for all of them. Kristen looks the same but she has aged since last season. I think her drinking and smoking is catching up to her.

When Brittani and Jax were in their apartment talking in the first scene (I think?) and Brittani didn't have any makeup on yet - I thought she looked really rough.  Her eyes looked hideous.  I always thought she was so pretty even without makeup but phew boy, in that scene, not so much.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, metalchik said:

When Brittani and Jax were in their apartment talking in the first scene (I think?) and Brittani didn't have any makeup on yet - I thought she looked really rough.  Her eyes looked hideous.  I always thought she was so pretty even without makeup but phew boy, in that scene, not so much.

She seems to have deep set eyes which can look a little dark.  Most of the ladies are really pretty without makeup.  I think only last year Raquel stood out as someone who needed it.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure there's a reason Kyle Chan is synonymous with chuckle fuck jewelry and that reason is probably a steep discount.  

Exactly.  Steep discount OR completely comped.  

I used to feel bad for Brittany but I don't really anymore.  She either knows completely what she's signing up for and she's decided it's worth all the pain and anguish coming her way, or she's just flat out stupid.  Add to that the "but we were on a break" hook-up with her ex and I wonder if she's really any better than Jax?  The poor babies in waiting.....

Her getting those giant boobs was an awful mistake.  The boobs make her look larger than she probably really is.  I so have no faith that Jax doesn't hound her about her weight and will have a HUGE problem with it as it continues to increase with age, children, etc.  

• Love 8

Damn I missed these crazy fucks! I am worried about Ken though. I didn't even recognize him at first. Gifting underwear and seeing James show off was everything. 

I always watch the opening of this show and sing along. I can't think of a current show I don't speed up. 

Totally loved the commercial that Jax and Brit did for Instant Family. 

Waiting to see how trashed Kristan gets to fall over. Good Times!  

• Love 6

Jax hasn't matured or changed. 

He is infatuated with women when they cater to his bottomless need for emotional support and validation. 

That's exactly what Brittany did when she dropped everything to attend to him when his father died. Note that he doesn't say anything about her innate qualities that he finds to be lovable. He only talks about what she did for him. She is his "soulmate" because she comforted him, arranged his plane ticket, and took care of him. Jax is always a loving boyfriend when he is in a low place emotionally. It's when everything is fine that he goes off the rails. 

Once she begins to have some basic level expectations from him, he'll turn sullen, resentful, and then redirect his affections to someone who focuses uniquely on him, whether emotionally (Reiki lady) or sexually (Lauraleigh, Faith, etc.). 

• Love 14
On 12/4/2018 at 1:29 PM, bichonblitz said:

Ok, so after seeing Brit and Jax on WWHL my opinion on their marriage has changed drastically. I think he has really changed! He was so mellow, lost 35 lbs, looks great, they both work out all the time and he is so on board with this wedding. They want 3 kids and will start trying as soon as they are married. He was dead serious about this. I picture them saving all their VPR show money until the series is cancelled, then moving to Kentucky and buying a nice ranch to raise their babies in. They both said they want to visit Brits family as much as they can because she misses them so I think she will push for this and seeing how Jax apparently has had a lobotomy during the hiatus, he will happily go along with it. Her mom was in the audience, too. Now I am really rooting for these krazee kids!

I agree with you!  I think they benefit HUGELY from having a strong tie to a life far away from Hollywood/reality TV.  I too can see them shelving this life/lifestyle once this show is over and taking their money to Kentucky and spinning their "celebrity" into sales jobs or something.

• Love 1

When Lala was talking to Lisa V and said “I don’t have a daddy anymore” I honestly thought she meant she broke up with her boyfriend and didn’t have a Sugar Daddy anymore. Then she said her father died and I felt bad.

• Love 14
On 12/6/2018 at 10:49 AM, Mr. Minor said:

And dump his joyless girlfriend.

I wonder if their conflicting views about having children are ever going to come to a head. It looks like they will at least be addressed this season. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I wonder if their conflicting views about having children are ever going to come to a head. It looks like they will at least be addressed this season. 

I made that mistake once in my life. It’s not something you can really compromise on. If you really want kids you won’t be happy without them. If you really don’t want kids, it’s never going to be the right time. I honestly think it’s an issue where couples are better off going their separate ways. It’s not like other issues where there are graduated rates of doing or not doing something (I’m a homebody, you like to travel. We’ll do 1 trip a year that we both decide on, etc). You either do or don’t have kids. You can’t be a little bit pregnant.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I made that mistake once in my life. It’s not something you can really compromise on. If you really want kids you won’t be happy without them. If you really don’t want kids, it’s never going to be the right time. I honestly think it’s an issue where couples are better off going their separate ways.

Yep—-you can’t compromise on children vs. Childfree. I nearly dumped my now husband over the issue when we were first dating; I was willing to let a man I had fallen deeply in love with go over it, because it’s selfish and cruel to string someone along otherwise. If Audrina doesn’t ever want kids, she needs to nut up and be honest with Sandoval; she seems like she just tolerates him out of habit now, but I honestly don’t see any true love there so far. He just seems to worship her because she’s the hot smart/cool girl...it just amazes me that they’re somehow still together.

• Love 11
On 12/4/2018 at 7:14 AM, nexxie said:

To apply full-face foundation probably - I’ve seen women do that. (No wonder I’ve never used foundation - too icky.)

Brittny was on WWHL and said she was wearing the gloves because she has eczema and at the time she was having a break out and her hands were full of cuts and that’s why she was wearing the gloves to handle things. 

• Love 5

I honestly don’t give a rat’s ass if Jax shits all over Brittany. It would be her own fault. He showed her who he was Long ago and she chose to ignore it or believe that his father’s death “changed” him. It’s only been a year, eventually the pain will be less and he will be back to the old Jax and Brittny can play the victim, the unwitting victim. I can’t get too worked up about what he’s going to eventually put her through, she met him on Instagram and she moved to LA already knowing he was a horn dog, did she think she was so special that she’d “change” him that all a man like him needs is the love of a good woman? 

Jax can spare me the righteous indignation over James embarrassing his girlfriend. He has done worse to her. I’m surprised we haven’t heard about the STDs he’s passed on to her considering he’s been open about not using condoms. James is an asshole but not any more so than Jax has been since the day they introduced him on the show. Who is he to now demand that James the 20 something year old grow up and to pass judgement on him when Jax’s behavior was just as bad in to his late thirties and I’m sure into his early 40s because I don’t believe Jax is still in his 30s. How many apologies from Jax were we not tortured with by Jax before he became a “changed man?”

Kristen too can spare me the righteous indignation. She screwed her best friend’s boyfriend while her own boyfriend was in the next room sleeping. She used James just as much as he used her to get on the show and now she’s the Karma police? Bitch eating crackers as far as i’m Concerned.

The Toms: they have an opportunity to learn from Lisa with very little to lose but they cant seem to make it to meetings on time and without the stink of alcohol so she stops inviting them to business meetings. Now all they have to bring her is a new drink menu and they cant manage that in the time that the place has been under construction. Instead of taking advantage of soaking up whatever she can teach they’re too busy partying, being Z list celebrities and being butt hurt that she doesn’t give a crap about their input since they’ve shown time and time again that they’re not dependable. 

LVP: I don’t care if she’s using them, the Toms. She put them on the map, she gave them their entry into a type of celebrity that they were never going to achieve on their own with their illustrious modeling/acting/singing careers. Pft they’ve gotten plenty from their association with Lisa I don’t care if she is exploiting them now.

That’s all I got from this episode except that I want to see more of Stassi.

• Love 18

Based on what I have seen on this show since it began, I do not for one second believe in any sort of Jax redemption arc/good guy now/ready to settle down/true love idiocy. I haven't seen enough of Brittany to decide if she is just stupid, stupidly in love, or as much a grifter as Jax, but this whole engagement arc strikes me as a rather clever way of not only guaranteeing him (and her by extension) of at least two more seasons of VPR, AND the glory of having at least one season revolve around them - thereby making them indispensable. The icing on the cake for me was Sandoval's apparent incredulity at Jax and Brittany getting hitched BEFORE he/Sandoval did - apparently in his view because he has been on the show longer with Ariana longer than Jax has been boinking Brit, he should have been the next to wed. I see this whole season as engagement and wedding, or maybe putting off the wedding until the following season and, most likely, having a quick post-nups reveal that brit is knocked up, making them the VERY FIRST of the group to procreate. Which could well give them a third season to rake in the glory and the cash. No part of me will ever trust Jax. 

Equally, as much as I would like to be happy for Stassi now that she is rid of that incredible douche Patrick and with someone who seems truly attached to her, I can not forget her behavior in the first few season, nor trust the she is truly into this guy. it is much easier for me to believe she is just in love with the attention he gives her than with the man himself. But, I don't actually know her - just the way she portrayed herself in those early years.

• Love 9