Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: A Decent Proposal

• Start Topic

Lisa Vanderpump finds herself behind schedule on TomTom, the new bar she's opening with Tom Sandoval and Tom Schwartz; James lands in hot water with the group after insulting Brittany; Scheana settles into single life; Jax proposes to Brittany.

Airs December 3, 2018.

Huh. Kind of.. anticlimactic or something. I mean I missed these people but something just didn’t feel as fun. 

The only thing that made me chuckle was Schena explaining how rob broke up with her and I reminded me of the show girls when Marnie was explaining about her boyfriend breaking up with her over grilled pizza.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I love the previews with everyone fighting with James while dressed up in 80s outfits. How can you be mad at an 80s party?Inconceivable! 

Vicki sure knew how at an OC bunco party! LOL

• Love 13

I don't understand why Jax would choose this location, so low rent, but not going to lie, I shed a tear or two.  For this doomed relationship. Why do I feel like I actually know these people?!?

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I don't understand why Jax would choose this location, so low rent, but not going to lie, I shed a tear or two.  For this doomed relationship. Why do I feel like I actually know these people?!?

Because I guess we do? That was such a random place. Unless they really like that restaurant and it means something to them? 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Haha right?? I was expecting that they would be pulling up at some beautiful fancy place along the beach. But... not so much. After they showed those flashbacks of all the crappy things Jax had done to Brittany last year, I can’t say I was feeling anything at that proposal other than *shrug.* Ring was pretty though. 

• Love 15

After having watched the first season recently on Hulu, this season just seems so damn fake.  I mean I know these shows all do it, but it’s way too obvious.   So this season everyone hates James.  

Everyone looks way too botoxed and the scenes when they are “working” at Sur are obviously scripted. Looks like they got their dream jobs as actors.  Better save that money Jax cuz your looks are fading and where else will you make so much $$ for doing nothing.  Loved Lisa putting Sandoval in his place when he was talking about the shot glasses.  Both Toms have yet to prove any professionalism in regards to TomTom but I guess that’s to be expected.

Brittany genuinely seems like such a sweetheart, I think she is the glue of the group and makes them all better. Damn that’s corny. But she definitely deserves better than Jax. 

Schwartz and Kristen are both looking rough. Where is Carter?   What did Stacci do to her face?  Beau seems okay I guess.

And finally, wtf what Brittany doing when she put on the gloves after Jax made her a sandwich (aw what a guy).

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 17
21 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I may be the most naive bitch in the room, but I'm pulling for Jax and Brittany. I really think it's possible that his father's death shook him and changed all of his priorities. He seems genuinely happy. 

But why was he SO nervous? You know Brittany's gonna say yes!

Speaking of happy, Stassi seems super happy too. I think I'm really gonna like her boyfriend. But....did she get some work done? She looks...different. I can't peg exactly how. Something around the eyes?

James is on full asshole display, isn't he? He thinks he's so funny and creative, with his rapping. But he's just stupid.

And why was Jax buying him underwear???

It may be early, but I'm getting real bitter vibes from Sandoval.

Sooo thankful for minimal Scheana! I'm also thankful Rob made her sit through Fantasy Football before dumping her dumb ass. You go, Rob.

I hope brittany and Jax make it work too!

Also yeah what was the point of James making a rap like that and why was FI Tom just like “aw shucks James you shouldn’t have done that” it was a asshole move and I don’t quite understand why FI still wants to be friends with James. He has go redeemable qualities. At least Jax sometimes does but u see nada from James. Also was Raquel defending him with the texts when she said something about being more sensitive? Was she saying Jax needed to be more sensitive in his texts to James? After James brought up a horrible situation in his rap While brittany stood there? It was she saying James needed to be more sensitive? Because if it’s the former than.. what is she talking about? 

• Love 4

Yay I love this show.

James is a dick. I’m sure he did that to Brittany on purpose. I’m sure she was just conveniently there when he had his stupid lame rap. What a tool. Also gross what he said to LaLa’s guy. James just sucks. He thinks way too high of himself.

I follow both Stassi and Beau on Instagram and I think they are really cute together and he cracks me up. The name of his dog makes me laugh too. I thought it was kind of cute she cried when she said how much she loves him. Beau was barely on tonight so his funny wacky personality hasn’t shown yet obv.

Tom and Tom are supposed to do a cocktail list and just take so long that Lisa has to get someone else to do it. Doesn’t surprise me. Sandoval just gets too caught up in things and thinks he’s reinventing cocktails somehow. Sandoval seems extra high on himself too so far. I feel like I used to enjoy him more. I just can’t help but like Schwartz. Also Sandoval it’s pretty obvious why she called the bar TomTom lol.

I don’t even know these ppl but I cried when Jax proposed. I guess I’m a sucker but I hope he has changed. Brittany seems really nice too and I have never heard anyone say anything bad about her.

In the promos there’s a bunch of Raquel it seems. Who wants to see more of her? She’s the worst and painful to watch. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, KLJ said:

After having watched the first season recently on Hulu, this season just seems so damn fake.  I mean I know these shows all do it, but it’s way too obvious.   So this season everyone hates James.  

Every season, every one hates James.  I did think it awfully convenient that he renewed his enemy relationship just before filming started.  Then Kristen decided to go to war on James over it.  I think they scripted a story line to make James and Kristen relevant this season.

15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Speaking of happy, Stassi seems super happy too. I think I'm really gonna like her boyfriend. 

The one part of this episode I liked was Stassi, her boyfriend, Shwartz, and Jax getting along.

31 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Jax spent his entire inheritance on this ring!?! Maybe save some for a house. Jeesh! 

Jax has to put the ring down his pants! Oh, don’t drop it into the port-a-potty! This is his big romantic plan to take Brittany to a place where you order at a counter and they have port-a-potties?!? He went specifically TO this place when Malibu is otherwise all hoity toity. Does this place have some special significance for them that I missed?

I think the inheritance was to maintain the fiction that they are hurting for money to avoid breaking the fourth wall.

Once I realized that Jax's plan was to deliver the ring on a tray, I started wondering if he chose the location based on who would be willing to pay a fee to be the place Jax proposed to Brittany.

Did anyone catch the details of when Brittany slept with her ex and if Jax knows?  I kind of got the impression that Jax/Brittany were kind of sort of back together with him spending time dealing with his Dad's death and her spending time at home.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Did anyone catch the details of when Brittany slept with her ex and if Jax knows?  I kind of got the impression that Jax/Brittany were kind of sort of back together with him spending time dealing with his Dad's death and her spending time at home.

Brit and Jax broke up for several months, she went back to Kentucky. She hooked back up with her ex. Jax found out and became insanely jealous. Then his father died and Brit went back to him to help him through his grief. Jax then realized that any woman who would take control of getting him to the funeral, making airline flight arrangements and ordering the flowers for the funeral was the woman he was meant to marry and be faithful to forever and ever. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think they broke up before Jax's father died then got back together when he died, she helped Jax get through the grief and now he is eternally grateful and madly in love with her because she took control of the situation while he was falling apart. 

Yes,  I know that.  But what about the conversation Stassi and Brittany had in the park with their dogs?  It didn't seem extremely clear that she slept with her ex while they were broken up.  Not saying it didn't, but it was vague/confusing to me.

2 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Yes,  I know that.  But what about the conversation Stassi and Brittany had in the park with their dogs?  It didn't seem extremely clear that she slept with her ex while they were broken up.  Not saying it didn't, but it was vague/confusing to me.

She said it in her TH.

• Love 3

Urgh. The scene where Stassi is unable to communicate with Brit in the dogpark because she's just baaaarely suppressing blabbing? Why wasn't she stirring the pot with the  DJ Muppet Baby 'freestyle 'that had Brit in tears and Jax close to roid rage. That was a production fail right there because I am LIVING for the James Kennedy getting his ass kicked. Even better that it's going to be a full press Kristen led campaign. It's weird that Kristen i can deal with because she's cray and owning it (and she really is formidable, she starts straight in on Raquel by the looks ) but Katie i find unbearable because she's a DL snake and nasty. 

Ken is looking very ruddy and a little bloated. Not good signs for a man of his health and age. 

I see enough of LVP here. Won't miss her on RHOBH at all. She shines well enough on this show. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I may be the most naive bitch in the room, but I'm pulling for Jax and Brittany. I really think it's possible that his father's death shook him and changed all of his priorities. He seems genuinely happy. 

But why was he SO nervous? You know Brittany's gonna say yes!

Speaking of happy, Stassi seems super happy too. I think I'm really gonna like her boyfriend. But....did she get some work done? She looks...different. I can't peg exactly how. Something around the eyes?

James is on full asshole display, isn't he? He thinks he's so funny and creative, with his rapping. But he's just stupid.

And why was Jax buying him underwear

Why indeed....?

Why was the ring in Jax's underwear, when he was carrying a perfectly serviceable overcoat that had pockets? The juke joint he took Brit to most likely didn't have a cloakroom, but then we wouldn't have had multiple shots focused on his crotch, I guess. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Marley said:

Tom and Tom are supposed to do a cocktail list and just take so long that Lisa has to get someone else to do it. Doesn’t surprise me. Sandoval just gets too caught up in things and thinks he’s reinventing cocktails somehow. Sandoval seems extra high on himself too so far. I feel like I used to enjoy him more. I just can’t help but like Schwartz. Also Sandoval it’s pretty obvious why she called the bar TomTom lol.

I'm always going to see LVP as the not so stealth asshole in this situation. If you know people in the bar/restaurant business, they'll talk about how to innovate using existing ingredients from their menu. Typically, the bar and the kitchen will collaborate on ingredients so they can achieve economies of scale. If they use hot pepper jelly and blood orange juice in their savory dishes, then the bar needs to figure out how to repurpose some of those ingredients and make cocktails. And to a lesser extent that if there is a show stopping ingredient that the bar wants to use, the kitchen needs to figure if there is a way to use that ingredient.

Lisa didn't even give these dopes an opportunity to succeed or collaborate with the food side of the venture. It's really clear that Lisa doesn't give two shits about either Tom. She sees them as almost superfluous; they are her version of the panda bears in the national zoo.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, angelamh66 said:

So... Brittany on WWHL... she had some work done, didn't she. Something looked different. 

She may have had some work done, but Andy mentioned she had an emergency root canal.

Also, from WWHL they mentioned that the restaurant where Jax proposed was where they went on their first date. 

I have no idea if I am going to stick with this season. I found last season so dull. I feel like the same storylines get used over and over. I do not really like any of the cast members anymore.

Don't Sandoval and Schwartz only own like 5% of TomTom? I do not get why they get so offended when Lisa tells them stuff is not going to happen. I am sure Lisa and others have controlling shares. Sandoval acts like he put in the same amount of money as Lisa.

• Love 15

Scheana looks very odd in the opening shot.

But she seemed surprisingly normal when telling us how Rob broke up with her.

Does Schwartz think six half-shots contain less alcohol than three regular shots?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 15

$70,000 for an engagement ring???!!!!!  That is so wrong, IMO.  I know it was an inheritance, but to me that is so shallow.  Is he even working?

I don't know jewelry enough that I would even understand the cost of that ring to be suitably "impressed" by looking at it. Stupid.  As someone else said, why not use part of that money for a house?

Edit:  Duh.  I should have realized that this show is his "working!"  

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Don't Sandoval and Schwartz only own like 5% of TomTom? I do not get why they get so offended when Lisa tells them stuff is not going to happen. I am sure Lisa and others have controlling shares. Sandoval acts like he put in the same amount of money as Lisa.

These 2 are dumb dumbs. Their 5 or 10%share could mean anything Lisa and Ken decide. Some businesses write off everything to avoid tax. Their 'shares' may not be the kind that come with much of a monetary dividend. I've often wondered about this. Neither of them show any business acumen or willingness to really learn. They can't even be relied upon to do the one thing they've been brought on board to do : come up with a list of cocktails. By this stage, you'd think they'd have hostel numerous private tastings with LVP or liaison and be copying her into their latest concoctions. She knows what she's dealing with and I bet Pandora is quietly researching 'what's hot' globally and consulting with a mixologist. 

28 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Does Schwartz think six half-shots contains less alcohol than three regular shots?

Dumb dumbs. Relied upon solely to devise the cocktails at a West Hollywood bar just opening? I think not 

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I love Beau! And he’s cute. So much more attractive than that other guy. Whose name I can’t seem to remember. 

Yes, they seem like a good match.  Let's see if it lasts.

From a comment above -- is LVP leaving RHOBH??

• Love 6
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Warm up your flat irons, put on your chunky sweaters, and boil up a big batch of It’s Not About the Pasta. Tonight’s the big night, people!

Scheana “didn’t make the cut” in Rob’s big fantasy football and relationship draft night. Rob can hang a TV in 7 minutes, but took hours to get around to breaking up with Scheana.

Jax bought James “limited edition supreme underwear” whatever that is—and James “Hey! Hey! Heys!” with air guns into the mirror. James’s “artistry” is yelling out, “Remember when Jax f’ed Faith?!” Hahaha.

Jax told his hot dog vendor about the proposal. 

Surprising no one, Sandoval is so caught up in gimmicks and gizmos (a diamond ice press? Souvenir shot glasses?) that he doesn’t have the drink menu ready. Or, well, he might, but Schwartz may have misplaced his napkins and used tissues that the recipes are scrawled on.

Sandoval’s look of shock over Jax getting engaged BROKE his Botox and actually reactivated the deadened nerves in his face!

Jax spent his entire inheritance on this ring!?! Maybe save some for a house. Jeesh! 

Jax has to put the ring down his pants! Oh, don’t drop it into the port-a-potty! This is his big romantic plan to take Brittany to a place where you order at a counter and they have port-a-potties?!? He went specifically TO this place when Malibu is otherwise all hoity toity. Does this place have some special significance for them that I missed?

I love the previews with everyone fighting with James while dressed up in 80s outfits. How can you be mad at an 80s party?Inconceivable! 

Neptune's Net is an institution.  It's been there forever and is very popular.  Also, it's delicious and has a wonderful beer selection.  On WWHL Brit explained it was the perfect place for them.  It has special meaning to them, Jax's dad loved the place, and going out for crab is their thing.  Oddly enough, I think I remember them talking about going to The Boiling Crab or some place like that in some past episode, which seems so random, but wouldn't be if they go out for crab weekly like she said.

So Rob dumped Sheena's ass pretty much as soon as filing was done?

I love Stassi and Jax being friends now and dug her bro-ing out with Beau, Jax, and Schwartz.  

I heard Jax on some radio show right about when they started filming and he was super pissed about James fucking with Brit with that "rap".  He was basically like Brit is nice to everyone and doesn't deserve James being an asshole to her and, if I remember correctly, his theory was James did it on purpose because they were about to start filming so he wanted to start some drama.

The yacht party show after this is looking like bullshit.  Don't promise me "it's like Vanerpump Rules and Below Deck had a baby," and then give me that dreck.  

• Love 18

I’m wondering what’s going on with Ken’s health?  I honestly thought he was getting ready to have a stroke or heart attack.  His face was as red as a beet and at one point, it was so red that his nose looked purple.  It can be indicative of high blood pressure and/or alcohol abuse; however, my face used to look the same way when I would have a hot flash, so who knows.  I know he gets top-notch medical care, so I’m sure doctors are on top of it, if it’s anything concerning.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

The Toms are minor minority owners of the business. However, there are a couple of interviews after season 1 aired about how there was an uptick in business at SUR because of the show. There were people coming just to see and meet the staff/stars of Vanderpump Rules. Admitting that on camera is probably one of the bigger 4th taboos on Bravo. Lisa doesn't want to admit that her restaurants are the equivalent of a zoo.

The real issue is that LVP wants to maintain this fictional narrative about how much she loves these crazy kids and only wants the best for them. When she first approached the Toms about the bar, they only wanted to put in sweat equity for like a 1% interest. She said that it wasn't acceptable, that she wanted true partners who put in time, effort, ideas, and money.

Her views on what she truly thought of the "partnership became abundantly clear at the conclusion of last season when she refused to cash either check from the Toms. It was also clear when they joined LVP for vendor and design meetings and she either had 90% of the decisions already made or was inquiring about the progress of the things she'd already decided.

She wanted to turn them into mascots and prevent them from truly earning any profit percentage. It was pretty shitty of her, especially because she took the checks, never cashed them, and NEVER talked to either of the Toms about what she really thought their role would be. 

There are a lot of things that the show requires the cast do to not break that 4th wall. This includes never flying first class on their cast trips, never moving into a home or apartment that is too nice, and taking Ubers everywhere so the viewers can't see that they all have much nicer cars (and also their propensity to getting blackout drunk). I sort of agree with the Toms. LVP thinks this is the old studio system or Motown; she can exploit them, but not really compensate tgem. It's bullshit, especially since she'd been holding on to this property for awhile hoping to turn it into a gastro pub for Max to run. And I'm sure the longer she held on to it, the more it made sense to turn it into a dedicated spot where customers could see the cast. Customers definitely note in their yelp reviews that they'd hoped to see more cast. Peter is truly is a manager and is often found at SUR. James really does DJ See U Next Tuesday. However, the rest of the cast, who work at SUR, only have to do 1 shift a month. A spot where you would likely see Schwartz, Sandoval, Jax, Stassi, Katie, and Kristen is bound to make a ton of money.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I may be a cynical bitch because I'm the opposite. I think he's good for a few months and then his degenerate behaviour will start again. But now he's got an inbuilt excuse of "my father died, I was acting out, I couldn't process it". I'm sure he's grieving but I also think there is the sociopathic part of him that is thrilled that he's got something to explain away his bad behaviour.

Moving onto my other pet peeve- James. There is something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. I know they covered it last season that he'd had a pretty rough time growing up and that definitely manifests itself with his behaviour in the present. I always have a soft spot for people who were bullied but there's a real nasty streak in James that the others (even douchelord Jax) don't seem to have. My friend was watching it with me and said he reminded her of a "paedophile lizard". Don't know what it is but now that's all I see when I look at him. Lala looks gorgeous with the black hair, though. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Iris987 said:

Moving onto my other pet peeve- James. There is something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. I know they covered it last season that he'd had a pretty rough time growing up and that definitely manifests itself with his behaviour in the present. I always have a soft spot for people who were bullied but there's a real nasty streak in James that the others (even douchelord Jax) don't seem to have. My friend was watching it with me and said he reminded her of a "paedophile lizard". Don't know what it is but now that's all I see when I look at him.

The rest of the cast accused him of only dating Kristen to get on the show. He's pretty much admitted it too. That strikes me as very predatory. I can only conclude that many of his relationships with the cast are a lot like this too. At one point, he was supposed to become Sandoval's roommate and work on music with him. He's very calculating and manipulative.

• Love 17

Based on the previews, it seems that the only dramatic storyline this year is James being a jerk to everyone. Part of the magic of this show has always been the formula of cheating accusation -> denial -> investigation -> admittance. I mean, I’m glad these “kids” are finally growing up and have (allegedly) learned how to have healthy (healthier? healthy-ish?) relationships, but it’s all downhill if there’s no central cheating mystery to investigate. I’m not saying I hope someone cheats...but I’m kind of saying I hope someone cheats. 

• Love 18

Not going to lie, I teared up during the proposal.  Brit deserves much better, but I hope those two can make it work.  Happy Jax is enjoyable to watch.

I follow most of the cast on instagram and, save for a few, they all seem quite close, even when they're not filming.  The few on the outs make sense and I'm fine with all the tension being centered on them.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, KLJ said:

And finally, wtf what Brittany doing when she put on the gloves after Jax made her a sandwich (aw what a guy).

That was her portable makeup station - reminded me of a little girl with one of those pink vanity sets.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Yes, but... WHY the gloves ?

She explained it on WWHL last night: excema. 

I probably spelled that wrong.  She had just had a bad case of it and had tiny cuts all over her hands.

• Love 14

I missed most of the last season and wondered why they were playing it yesterday! I was planning on catching up but bailed shortly after the opening credits last night. I dunno, it seems extra scripted top me now...

10 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Because I guess we do? That was such a random place. Unless they really like that restaurant and it means something to them? 

Jax probably banged Brittany for the first time there.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 3