Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

On 11/26/2018 at 4:06 PM, Giselle said:

The bitch probably has a policy for that too.

Hopefully they will put her in a home and not visit or inquire about her. The bill will always be paid direct deposit a month in advance,  the phone number always goes to voicemail mail and isn't returned.

I was told by a caregiver this happened to an eldery lady she cared for at an assisted living facility.

That probably happens a million times or more every year in this country.  My brother is an LVN at an elder care facility and has told me the same kind of stories.  Karma is a bitch.  And she lives at the nursing home.

• Love 2
On 11/27/2018 at 2:04 PM, HunterHunted said:

I never stated that the burden of proof is on the defendant. I actually stated the exact opposite. Furthermore, why would the defendant's character be at issue? It would rarely be germane. Even if the plaintiff alleges that the defendant is an inveterate liar who knowingly spread falsehoods about the plaintiff, the success of the plaintiff's case would always hinge on the plaintiff proving that the defendant's allegations are false. The defendant's reputation or history of lying would most likely come into play with punitive damages, which are usually awarded to punish the defendant and discourage similar bad actors when there are no criminal remedies available.

Per New York Times Co v Sullivan and the Restatement of Torts, actual malice is the main difference between a defamation case brought by a public figure versus one brought by a private individual. Private individuals and public figures both have the burden of proof when bringing defamation cases. However, the standards of proof are different based upon who has made the allegation. Even in per se defamation cases, the plaintiff still has the burden of proof to demonstrate that the allegations were made.

Non-economic damages is a thing. Pain and suffering are non-economic damages.

I've neither stated that Kelly has actual damages nor that anything Vicki has said is particularly actionable. I stated that Vicki's statement of her retaliatory intent suggests that her allegations might meet the actual malice requirement.

Additionally, the rule of thumb is that if a statement can be proved or disproved with evidence, then it's likely to be subject to the requirements for defamation. So how does Kelly disprove Vicki's statement? Kelly deposes everyone Vicki has indicated has provided her with information of drug use. If all of them deny it, this bolsters Kelly's argument. Kelly could perform a hair follicle test and turn over her medical records. She could disclose her records from when she was court ordered into AA or from her custody dispute with Michael. If a statement cannot be proven or disproved with any reasonable means, then it's probably an opinion. How do you prove that Vicki is a fart? You can't because it's an opinion and a simile.

Furthermore, I'd argue that some of the allegations previously considered automatically defamatory, like allegations of criminal inactivity such as drug use and sexual impropriety, are not particularly valid because these types of allegations no longer hold the same type of sway that they used to.

Brandi and Joanna's case was covered extensively in the national and international news.

The reason I wrote that Joanna appeared to be on the cusp of winning was because everyone that Brandi alleged had shared the allegation with her or was present when the allegations were conveyed specifically denied all of this.  Additionally, I believe that Joanna turned over her medical records and the judge authorized Joanna's counsel to do a forensic review of Brandi's finances.

As I said before, this isn't my area of expertise. I've been out of law school for almost 15 years. However, the vast majority of my time has been spent in legislative and regulatory practice. I've worked on writing statutes and rules about criminal justice, health care, and probate issues. I do have some experience working on local control, economic development, and licensing issues too.

All this legal debate -- I don't get it.  First let me say I can't stand VG, and will make vicious fun of Ms. Piggy whenever possible. 

However, Vicki never did actually state Kelly uses/used cocaine.  What she said was, "I don't do cocaine".  Then Kelly replied with, "Neither do I", and, "Are you saying I do cocaine?"  Vicki replied --  "so-and-so [don't remember if she said Michael or someone else] said you did."  This is not actionable at all in any way, shape or form as defamation.  Would get thrown straight out of court -- that is if you could ever find an attorney to file such tripe.

• Love 6
On 11/27/2018 at 3:26 PM, chenoa333 said:

Come visit south Orange County CA on your next vacation!  If you're a female, be sure to work on your "thigh gap" before you arrive! Lol

Fer sure Chenoa333!  Lol.  I'm a size 6P, and in the more high-end stores and boutiques (not that I ever shop there, but I've been with others who shop those places) I'm considered a "larger" size.  If you're not a size 0, 1 or 2, forget it -- your size isn't there.

A lot of wealthy Asians live in Orange County -- those girls are t-i-n-y.  But talk about tits on a stick!

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4

I really cannot stand Vicki anymore. She was fun to watch when the first season started. Now she has become some self important plastic creature. Really? Going to toss out a  rumor re Kelly and cocaine, and admitted it was just something she heard, on national TV because you are hurt she may have inferred you are fat? Ha! I remember her saying some snarky remark about Shannon’s weight last season. Now she wants to try to ruin Kelly’s reputation, as a mom who has been through a divorce. 

And she was in on a cancer scam for a storyline, good golly SHE has no moral compass. Deflecting queen! Just ugg with her.

• Love 15
On 12/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, Anne Thrax said:

You see them around, but never are they living on the beach.  In Orange County or anywhere else in California, the beach belongs to the public as a whole, and county life guards vigorously enforce vagrancy laws. 

Ok, they are living in  close proximity to beaches with full legal access to them just like any other person. 

I've lived in California all my life and always just a few miles from beaches, bike riding distance. The homeless are there. I would see and do see the same ones there time and time again. Day after day in the summer, year after year.

You don't see encampments,  but you can see the homeless around , resting long enough not to be loitering, or rummaging, or on the move and you can tell when they've spent the night illegally on beach property, yes they do have their secret after dark spots on beach property. You can see them during the day and as long as they aren't a nuisance, or making a space for themselves the lifeguards and beach patrols leave them alone.

There are curfews and it is illegal to sleep on the beach unless you are at a camping beach. The beaches are public property but lifeguards aren't on duty 24/7 and some of the homeless do secretly make their way there for the night. 

I've seen it. I see it.

• Love 9
On 11/29/2018 at 7:34 PM, chenoa333 said:

Ryan's Instagram has numerous pics of the new improved Brianna and how he (Ryan) is such a lucky guy to have her. If he's been claiming this all along (even before Brianna lost weight) it's news to me.

I recently heard Vicki on a podcast say Ryan is a stay at home dad. He has retired from the military,  Brianna works full time at a local hospital.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Why does that not surprise me?

Right! I think Brianna is a workaholic just like her Mom, and will likely find herself giving Ryan some serious spousal support should they ever separate... Not that I think there is anything wrong with the father taking on the role of a stay at home parent. Maybe his skill set isn't as such that it would have him earing more than Brianna can as a nurse, thus the decision... but I'd be lying if I didn't say I think it has more to do with him being lazy. I wouldn't be surprised if Brianna worked long shifts and was also responsible for the housework etc...

Finally watched part 1 last night - haven't watched part 2 yet. RHOC is no longer a priority in my tv viewing - LOL ;)  Anywho - As much as I'm not a fan of Gina, honestly I was happy to see her have Kelly's back, in the Vicki vs Kelly situation. So much so that I'd not mind her coming back if she'll continue to challenge Vicki... Of course I don't really think Gina is a good fit for this group as a whole or delivers good reality tv fodder - but... if she promises to poke at Vicki - pop me some popcorn, I'm in.  Vicki is repulsive. Not that I'm shocked. She could only keep up that phony, nice-ish facade for so long before it all broke apart. Someone may have commented on this - but - what the heck was up with her dress and that belly peep show going on? Was it a wrap around that came loose? So odd. But. She's odd. The only real nice-ish thing I can say about her is that the plastic surgery she got this season turned out decent all things considered, she looks more like herself than she did when she first went all out - while Slade Slimey was still on the show - the post Miss Piggy situation. She looked HORRIBLE after that one. Horrible. Anyway. Clearly her shady comments about Kelly really upset Kelly - as much as Kelly probably deserves some wrath for her behavior - and I can't believe I'm saying this - I felt sorry for her. And I loathed Kelly after her first season. I've come around to not minding her much, in fact, often enjoying her - except when she suddenly lashes out. Unless she lashes out at Vicki. Then I'm ok. LOL :) 

• Love 4

I think Brianna is a workaholic just like her Mom

I’m not sure how you come to this conclusion, I just see Brianna being well equipped to care for family. Many retired military members find themselves with no marketable skills once out of the military. It’s not an easy transition. 

There are lots of reasons why I dislike  Vicki but I give her kudos for having worked hard and changing her life. If I recall, she has little formal education (no college), married young to someone who did not support his children, she moved across the country and managed to create a great lifestyle for herself and her kids. Not many people do that. 

Im aware that her father was in the insurance business but we’ve all seen her work hard. I’m willing to give her credit for that. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I recently heard Vicki on a podcast say Ryan is a stay at home dad. He has retired from the military,  Brianna works full time at a local hospital.

I can see this set up being ideal for both Bri and Ryan. She was a single parent with major health issues for several years while he was posted overseas; now that she seems to be healing, she may have said something like, "Why don't you use this time to stay home with the boys and deal with the bruises and the boogers, while I get back into the workforce and spend time with people who don't need me to cut up their meat."

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SCS said:

I can see this set up being ideal for both Bri and Ryan. She was a single parent with major health issues for several years while he was posted overseas; now that she seems to be healing, she may have said something like, "Why don't you use this time to stay home with the boys and deal with the bruises and the boogers, while I get back into the workforce and spend time with people who don't need me to cut up their meat."

If I remember correctly, Brianna always worked in a hospital setting. I don’t think she was ever a stay at home mom. 

I really admire her work ethic.

• Love 1
On 11/29/2018 at 7:25 PM, lezlers said:

Omg, SO MUCH Gina hate!  I'll be over here at my table of one for actually thinking Gina looked beautiful.  The hair was a  bit much but I was feeling her make-up. It was very glam and quite pretty.  It's also very on trend, if you follow make-up trends online.  

My problem with Gina's look is that she should've done just ONE over the top thing - the hair, the dress, or the eye makeup (which I thought was stunning, and yes, ver on trend.) But she did all three! Wear that makeup with a black dress and straightened hair, and she'd look great. Or the dress with her hair pulled back and simple makeup. But restraint is not in the HoWives lexicon, I know, especially at reunions. :) 

• Love 2

And remember, she's an ER nurse and can work long shifts just 3 or 4 days (or nights) a week.   Plus, Ryan retired because of health issues (I think he had back or hip surgery a couple of seasons ago) so I'm certain he retired with a military pension, even though he didn't make 20 years in the service.  And military pensioners GET THEIR PENSION IMMEDIATELY.  So he could be bringing home $40,000 a year WITHOUT a paycheck.  

• Love 1

Ryan doesn’t really bother me.  If they are financially able to have him stay home with the kids, more power to them.  Briana will probably always be able to command a bigger salary than Ryan, so the arrangement makes sense.  Plus, he’s pulling in a modest income. 

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, TexasGal said:

They need to give the Vicki/Dirty John connection a rest.

Oh no! Was Vicki doing commercials for Dirty John because of her connection with Brooks? 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, lezlers said:

Tamra has competed in bikini competitions and won.   In Orange County.  She's not "on the cusp."  That's absurd.  

I always wondered if Tamra won that fitness competition b/c she had more cameras. *cough cough*

• Love 4