Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Everything about Gina’s look was reminiscent of the 80s, from the sparkly DEB dress, to the poofy hair courtesy of Benders, the purple eyeshadow. All she neeeded was some Lee press on nails to complete the look. 

Kelly looks gorgeous. Her legs are killer. 

Shannon looked good, but was oddly sedated. Almost comatose. Maybe she blazed up with Andy backstage. It’s legal now, in case you forgot (after being reminded 10 times).

Vicki is, as usual, trash. Comparing getting called “a fart” to doing coke and being an absentee mom. Just stop. Kelly is no angel, by far, but Vicki is legitimately terrible.

I love how Andy acts like he’s having a Mike Wallace moment when he asks Vicki if she wants to marry Steve, or just be married in general. I mean, really? Did he think he was gonna get some “gotcha” moment? 

1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Absolutely.  I was thinking about watching it, but now I’m not too sure.

Ooh I watched it On Demand a few days ago. Trust me, it’s far and away more exciting than the reunion. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 17

Tamra’s implants can’t undo the extensive damage that has been done to her chest from all the surgeries she’s had ... that whole area is gruesome now, and it’s time to stop fully exposing that gnarly mess.

Does Vicki want to marry Steve so badly in order to take out a life insurance policy on him? They have 5 divorces between them, I do not understand her desperation to be married again.

How is “I have an excel spreadsheet on him” an answer to, “Does Brooks even have any money to go after?”.  At least she FINALLY admitted that she left Donn for Brooks, after all these years of denying it. 

Gina’s look is always tacky, but this is super sparkly extra purple fancy reunion tacky, and it’s a lot. Too much.  Maybe she does it to make up for being uninteresting. Also, she continues to allude that the divorce was her idea, she chose it, she filed, etc., but I just have a hard time believing it was ever really what she wanted.

I had forgotten that early in the season Vicki had the audacity to accuse someone, anyone else of not having a moral compass. Laughable and disgusteen.

Shannon looks good, aside from the Zsa Zsa Gabor ostrich feather sleeves on her dress.  Gorgeous color on her. Aside from Kelly in red, none of the other women wore flattering colors.  

The cocaine accusation was one hell of a non-sequitor, clearly she had that sitting on her tongue just waiting to spit it out like venom.  I think they might have actually both done cocaine when they were friends partying together, but now that they aren’t friends anymore she lashed out with it as “self defense” to being called a fart. Nice moral compass, Vicki! That one will surely get you into heaven!

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 21

The only reason Vicki wants to get married again is to collect her partners SS benefits as well as any insurance policy she takes out on said mark since she knows her own kids will chuck her into a nursing facility and never look back.

• Love 21
21 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Thanks for the link! Per that article, Matt appeared at a MeetUp event that spelled "company's" wrong in its promotional material, and Gina seems to think that the way to write "three times" is "3x's." Frankly, I don't know why they're divorcing!

So... she studied psychology in college... and then? Don't you graduate from college at like 21? She didn't have a child until she was about 27 or so. What was she doing? Any evidence she ever held a job? Got a masters? Living off the old man? I have to say, if Matt carried her financially and let her shop for most of her twenties and into her thirties,  it might explain the easy divorce. One hand washes the other. 

• Love 8

I swear I have seen Gina's dress worn by another RH.

I KNOW I remember LVP wearing it years ago.  I am quite certain.  Does anyone else remember this?  Idk if she wore it on RHOBH or VPR.

Gina has the worst posture and sits like a man.

Edited by PumpkinPK
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I really wish Kelly had been able to keep her cool and just tell Vicki that she would talk to Michael about Vicki’s allegations.  She seemed to be in a good place with Michael before she instantly believed what Vicki said about him.  Plus,   Vicki then started backpedaling with that “I haven’t talked to Michael in six months.”

Since Andy repeatedly compared Dirty John to Vicki. I guess we can deduce that Andy thinks Vicki was completely innocent in the cancer scam.

Or that's the party line since they didn't fire the cancer scammer.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And let's not forget: Tamra shows up in a 1980's dress that she bought at Forever 21×3! Lol.

Probably picked it up at Contempo Casuals back in the day.  It was stashed in the back of her closet with the can of aerosol Aqua-Net and the Sun-In that she fried her hair with.

Edited by PumpkinPK
  • Love 19

Shannon isnt a walk in the park but my god...Gina is exhausting.

I never saw Gina's husband so I dont care about her marital issues..and she offered nothing else except to be a kant for shannon to bat away.

Emily offered way more...an odd marriage, odd business model, quirky mom in law, and she scared Kelly...a feat in itself lol

Can Gina and keep Emily.

• Love 16

Did anyone notice that there was a lot of wonky editing in the final cocaine showdown?  It kind of fell flat to me.  It was like, "I don't do cocaine" to "you've eaten pot blueberries!" And I was just like, "who cares?"  Who cares if it's not true--it's just some lady with no credibility implying it. Who cares if it is true--if Kelly does some lines before she goes out socially, it's really not a big deal to me.  It's also not that big of a deal in the Housewives universe.  Kelly can go sit over with Dorinda, her boyfriend John, and Dorit, as people who have been "accused" of doing cocaine on these shows before.  Are we really supposed to think that none of these 100+ thin, partying Bravo personalities are ever doing cocaine? Really?  

Andy annoyed me by interjecting that pot is legal.  Does it really matter if something is legal?  Does that take it off the table?  This is rich, coming from the same man who spent an entire RHNYC reunion installation badgering Dorinda about whether she's an alcoholic.  And are we really supposed to believe that these people only started smoking weed, or eating weed blueberries (which I totally believe Vicki's done, by the way, and I don't care) on January 1 of this year, and prior to that they didn't know from the stuff?  Hmm...

I actually thought the worst allegation of drug use came from Brandi toward Kyle at the season 5 reunion of Beverly Hills. Apropos of nothing, Brandi accused Kyle of having smoked pot with her before, offscreen.  I thought that was low, because Kyle wasn't even talking negatively to Brandi, and just because I don't see it as a sign of bad parenting per se, Kyle might not want her kids to know she dabbles in illegal drugs (this was pre-2018).  The reason I think it's different with Kelly is that Kelly doesn't have the reputation that Kyle has.  When Kelly came on this show, there was a TMZ video of her giving an interview, standing on a street alone at night clearly intoxicated, and shooting nonsequitors off at the mouth, saying that she didn't like black guys, and that she had her "MBA," which stood for "married but available."  And she had a daughter then too, and a marriage.  Telling the media you are married but available is just as bad as being outed for partying in my universe.  

I also think that if someone comes for your weight in such a deliberate way like that, it ain't much of a big deal to say "I don't do cocaine."  Age and weight are really hard things to say to people, and I think if you go there, you should be prepared for whatever comes back your way verbally.

I don't think Kelly should have made such a big deal over any of that stuff, but she was really in her feelings, not faking, so I'll give it to her.  I just think that by the time Vickie said that Kelly doesn't see Jolie often and that Michael said marriage to Kelly was hell, Kelly had already landed several low blows with Vicki, and it was fair game.  Again, this is the woman bragging about having an MBA, who came on the show saying that she had tried and failed to divorce Michael, and that he is a certified narcissist.  Now we're all supposed to be shocked and outraged that the guy said he didn't like being married to her either, and that she drops the kid off for three and four weeks at a time when she travels (which she never outright denied BTW).  I 100% think Michael said those things.  I do think she loves her daughter, and she has shown growth in her parenting as of late, so why even get so mad?  We all know social services is not going to be knocking on her door for this.  She's not even in a custody battle.  If anything, I think Michael was more annoyed that Kelly couldn't keep her head about her than about the allegations.

Vicki probably didn't have to drop everything but the kitchen sink at Kelly's feet like that, but Kelly was really gunning for her.  How about Kelly saying that she heard from Steve's ex that Steve is only using Vicki for his money?  That's dirty pool to me too, but we don't even get into that.  

I could have this wrong, but I was paying awful close attention, and I never heard Vicki actually say that Kelly uses cocaine.  I think that Vicki was going to leave the assertion that she personally didn't use cocaine alone, but, when pressed, she admitted that she heard it from someone that Kelly had indulged. She didn't attribute it to Michael either.  When they broke for lunch and Tamra told Vicki not to say that stuff without proof, Vicki said that Vicki and Tamra received an email about Kelly's alleged cocaine use.  Tamra--knowing she was being filmed, I'm sure--only responded that Vicki needs proof in order to say those things.  So Tamra is tacitly agreeing that the rumor is out there on camera, yet Tarma is not being called to the carpet.  

My unpopular opinion is that it's much ado about nothing.  If people use drugs--legal or illegal--it doesn't make a difference to me, I don't care, as long as they are not being excessive.  Apparently we are going to get into Shannon's drinking in one of the next installments, and I think it is a lot worse for people to think you have a drinking problem than an occasional drug habit, so I feel for her going forward, as I don't think she has a drinking problem either.  But I think we're going to see a lot of hypocrite flags flying for the duration of this reunion.  Anyone clutching their pearls about implied drug use should really not make a peep about whether Shannon decides to drink vodka on the rocks during a vacation or a stressful day.  

• Love 14

Vickie is just so awful that I actually now laugh at the crap that comes out of her mouth. She is so delusional and has zero insight into herself. After the garbage she's pulled over the years, she is the last person to judge anyone for anything, ever. I hope Kelly sues her for this drug accusation. Is this legal? To go on tv and accuse someone of illegal activities?

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

The way Kelly reacted to being accused of doing coke, makes me think she's doing coke.

Otoh, I tend to believe her and think her reaction is from having a reputation and identity of "no drugs' taken away with a (to her) baseless charge.  Part of it is that we the public will never know the truth.  I was glad to hear Michael back her up on this, and I don;'t think he was prepped for what to say.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

IIRC - In season 1 of RHONY, Bethenny's boyfriend was fired from a Wall Street firm for appearing on the show.  

https://nypost.com/2009/04/05/reality-bites-back/

"On camera, Bethenny Frankel, the skinny singleton “housewife,” has endured awkward dates to no avail. Her last boyfriend, Jason Colodne, was fired from his Wall Street job for appearing on the first series, and the relationship ended shortly thereafter." 

I don't blame these companies for not wanting their employees to be part of these train wrecks. 

• Love 24
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

t allDid anyone notice that there was a lot of wonky editing in the final cocaine showdown?  It kind of fell flat to me.  It was like, "I don't do cocaine" to "you've eaten pot blueberries!" And I was just like, "who cares?"  Who cares if it's not true--it's just some lady with no credibility implying it. Who cares if it is true--if Kelly does some lines before she goes out socially, it's really not a big deal to me.  It's also not that big of a deal in the Housewives universe.  Kelly can go sit over with Dorinda, her boyfriend John, and Dorit, as people who have been "accused" of doing cocaine on these shows before.  Are we really supposed to think that none of these 100+ thin, partying Bravo personalities are ever doing cocaine? Really?  

Andy annoyed me by interjecting that pot is legal.  Does it really matter if something is legal?  Does that take it off the table?  This is rich, coming from the same man who spent an entire RHNYC reunion installation badgering Dorinda about whether she's an alcoholic.  And are we really supposed to believe that these people only started smoking weed, or eating weed blueberries (which I totally believe Vicki's done, by the way, and I don't care) on January 1 of this year, and prior to that they didn't know from the stuff?  Hmm...

I actually thought the worst allegation of drug use came from Brandi toward Kyle at the season 5 reunion of Beverly Hills. Apropos of nothing, Brandi accused Kyle of having smoked pot with her before, offscreen.  I thought that was low, because Kyle wasn't even talking negatively to Brandi, and just because I don't see it as a sign of bad parenting per se, Kyle might not want her kids to know she dabbles in illegal drugs (this was pre-2018).  The reason I think it's different with Kelly is that Kelly doesn't have the reputation that Kyle has.  When Kelly came on this show, there was a TMZ video of her giving an interview, standing on a street alone at night clearly intoxicated, and shooting nonsequitors off at the mouth, saying that she didn't like black guys, and that she had her "MBA," which stood for "married but available."  And she had a daughter then too, and a marriage.  Telling the media you are married but available is just as bad as being outed for partying in my universe.  

I also think that if someone comes for your weight in such a deliberate way like that, it ain't much of a big deal to say "I don't do cocaine."  Age and weight are really hard things to say to people, and I think if you go there, you should be prepared for whatever comes back your way verbally.

I don't think Kelly should have made such a big deal over any of that stuff, but she was really in her feelings, not faking, so I'll give it to her.  I just think that by the time Vickie said that Kelly doesn't see Jolie often and that Michael said marriage to Kelly was hell, Kelly had already landed several low blows with Vicki, and it was fair game.  Again, this is the woman bragging about having an MBA, who came on the show saying that she had tried and failed to divorce Michael, and that he is a certified narcissist.  Now we're all supposed to be shocked and outraged that the guy said he didn't like being married to her either, and that she drops the kid off for three and four weeks at a time when she travels (which she never outright denied BTW).  I 100% think Michael said those things.  I do think she loves her daughter, and she has shown growth in her parenting as of late, so why even get so mad?  We all know social services is not going to be knocking on her door for this.  She's not even in a custody battle.  If anything, I think Michael was more annoyed that Kelly couldn't keep her head about her than about the allegations.

Vicki probably didn't have to drop everything but the kitchen sink at Kelly's feet like that, but Kelly was really gunning for her.  How about Kelly saying that she heard from Steve's ex that Steve is only using Vicki for his money?  That's dirty pool to me too, but we don't even get into that.  

I could have this wrong, but I was paying awful close attention, and I never heard Vicki actually say that Kelly uses cocaine.  I think that Vicki was going to leave the assertion that she personally didn't use cocaine alone, but, when pressed, she admitted that she heard it from someone that Kelly had indulged. She didn't attribute it to Michael either.  When they broke for lunch and Tamra told Vicki not to say that stuff without proof, Vicki said that Vicki and Tamra received an email about Kelly's alleged cocaine use.  Tamra--knowing she was being filmed, I'm sure--only responded that Vicki needs proof in order to say those things.  So Tamra is tacitly agreeing that the rumor is out there on camera, yet Tarma is not being called to the carpet.  

My unpopular opinion is that it's much ado about nothing.  If people use drugs--legal or illegal--it doesn't make a difference to me, I don't care, as long as they are not being excessive.  Apparently we are going to get into Shannon's drinking in one of the next installments, and I think it is a lot worse for people to think you have a drinking problem than an occasional drug habit, so I feel for her going forward, as I don't think she has a drinking problem either.  But I think we're going to see a lot of hypocrite flags flying for the duration of this reunion.  Anyone clutching their pearls about implied drug use should really not make a peep about whether Shannon decides to drink vodka on the rocks during a vacation or a stressful day.  

Exactly. They all could use a little weed and if Kelly wants to do some lines....so what?

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Emily offered way more...an odd marriage, odd business model, quirky mom in law, and she scared Kelly...a feat in itself lol

When they were talking about Steve telling Vicki to keep a lid on it in Mexico, did anyone catch Emily basically saying something along the lines of "Shane would hand me divorce papers if I got out of hand in Mexico." She was basically saying, "It's not that bad/weird for him to tell you that, just be honest about it." There was a lot of talking, so she got drowned out. But it made me wonder if there was something to Shannon's comparisons to David.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Guinnessgirl said:

Long time reader, first time caller.  Can't stand Gina.  The whole time every time they showed her this came to mind

Ok-I actually like Gina, but I laughed and laughed at this-spot on!

• Love 6

Vicki has no credibility on anything, so I don't think anyone should really care all that much about what she may say about them.  However, within the construct of the show, Shannon and Tamra are ostensibly still friends with Kelly, and both warned Kelly that Vicki would turn on her eventually too, at the slightest provocation.  So I was pretty annoyed at their weak defense of Kelly to Vicki's attacks.  Telling Vicki that she shouldn't say things regarding parenting or drug use, in hushed voices, when they were about to be on lunch break is just not enough and Kelly should be pissed at them.  However, it does tell me that Tamra and Shannon know Vicki holds more sway with production than they could (as nonsensical as that is--I'd love to see a season of Tamra completely away from Vicki just to see how crazy she would get).

I'm gonna be one on the less popular side of the pool too, because I thought this was a great kickoff to the reunion.  There was actual new information and Kelly and Gina were blazing right out of the gate.  It was more interesting and fast-paced than any other episode of the season.

Oh, also, if Vicki can accuse Kelly of doing coke and being a negligent mother because Kelly called her fat, I hope in the next episode, Shannon accuses Vicki of dealing coke and selling children for calling Shannon fat (the whole "large" shirt incident).  But I know she won't.

Edited by Lizzing
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Pot blueberries might make getting through these shows more pleasant. 

Hi people from California! What are pot blueberries?  I know of a strain called Blueberry and I know you can make baked blueberry goods with pot, but are they talking actual blueberries? 

7 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Personally I think the first photo of Marc Bolan on this page was Gina’s inspo for her reunion look. 

(Didn’t she look a little CC DeVille-ish in an earlier episode?)

Even Shan-Bret looks more contemporary.

I don't even have to look that up as I am in the "Abuela" category. 

It's Ah-Mazing!  He inspired Gina's reunion look and LeeAnne on Dallas to bang a gong.

• Love 7

Vicki went low but I am shocked that anything that she said would cause Kelley, who seems like such a wild woman and actually has made this her persona, to get so hysterical. The woman brags constantly about her multiple sexual encounters and her crazy lifestyle.  Personally, I have no idea how much time she spends with her daughter, but she seems to have lots of time in NY on WWHL, taking trips with the girls and other promotions. I felt the times she was on the show with her daughter were set up; I’m fairly sure they aren’t routinely volunteering at the homeless shelter.  Frankly, it wouldn’t surprise me if all of these women are using some illegal or prescribed drugs but I doubt if it’s a big deal in the circles the run with.

• Love 13

I know I am in the minority but I found some of the show to be entertaining.  Mainly Kelly calling Vicky a fart...and the comment about wanting a boyfriend who had teeth.  And when Gina speaks, I think of nails on a chalkboard.  

The main thing I think and wonder about is who on earth dresses these women and does their makeup for these reunion shows?  When they showed a few of them arriving, they looked so much better without all of the trimmings...  Emily looked like a different person...softer and not drag-queen-y.  I mean that as no insult to drag queens.   And the dresses were horrible.  It is not just this reunion..it is the same on the New York reunions.  I don't watch any other of the franchises so maybe it is just these two.  And as others have said, those horrid, oily legs.  Calling them over-moisturized is way too kind.

Vicky was awful, Gina was annoying (and awful).  Kelly was entertaining until her hysteria and tears; Tamra was quiet as was almost everyone else...just mostly reaction shots and comments.  One of the things that I find odd is that neither Gina, Kelly or anyone else will call Vicky and Tamra a Fake Christian.  Guess they are too afraid to "go there" and don't want to be attacked for being Godless Skanks. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Kelly was kind in calling her a pig.  I'm still calling her a cancer scamming c***, despite her and Andy's attempts to re-brand her as an innocent victim.

re Vicki being called a pig, Kelly should have said back to Vicki: you think I'm talking about your outsides?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Vicki went low but I am shocked that anything that she said would cause Kelley, who seems like such a wild woman and actually has made this her persona, to get so hysterical. The woman brags constantly about her multiple sexual encounters and her crazy lifestyle.  Personally, I have no idea how much time she spends with her daughter, but she seems to have lots of time in NY on WWHL, taking trips with the girls and other promotions. I felt the times she was on the show with her daughter were set up; I’m fairly sure they aren’t routinely volunteering at the homeless shelter.  Frankly, it wouldn’t surprise me if all of these women are using some illegal or prescribed drugs but I doubt if it’s a big deal in the circles the run with.

Because of "your"* post and other people saying/thinking the same ? And know, the doubt is "out there". If it was me, I'd have been as mad as Kelly was, because there's NO WAY to cancel what has been said (and broadcasted...) The doubt will still be there.

*I say "your" post, as in "whatever is the truth, people will talk", it's not directed towards you at all, just an illustration :) :) :)

• Love 12

I think Shannon was biting her tongue through most of the reunion so no one could point at her and call her mentally ill just for speaking out loud, even if she did it calmly and quietly. Can’t blame her, I would do the same thing.

Gina might have a bit of a tough time finding a new husband in CA.  She doesn’t have the polish and style that moneyed men on the west coast typically go for. But, as long as that’s where the father of her children live, she’s pretty well stuck there.

I’ve been trying to remember if at any point in all these years I have ever seen Vicki wear a flattering, well fitting ensemble, reunions or any other time, and the answer is no. Even in her “professional” clothes some part(s) of her body are struggling hard to pop out. She goes for trendy instead of classic and stylish, and her clothes always look cheap, like she got them off of one of those sketchy websites where everything runs small, ships from China and is only sewn together tightly enough to wear one, maybe twice over spanx.

To me, it’s a bit unfair to go after Kelly for being gone a lot, if the places she is going are RHOC/BRAVO related. This show is her job, and if she is going out of town for work then she shouldn’t be held to the fire over it, because a man certainly wouldn’t be. And considering Vicki has the same job she knows this better than most, which makes her bringing it up even worse.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 19

The reunion was kinda lame, but I LOOOOOED Gina saying if her and Icky got to th epearly gates at the same time, she might make it in before Icky. I do like Gina because I think she isnt afraid to go up against the OG's/

I want them to keep Emily and Gina 1 more season.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Irritable said:

To me, it’s a bit unfair to go after Kelly for being gone a lot, if the places she is going are RHOC/BRAVO related. This show is her job, and if she is going out of town for work then she shouldn’t be held to the fire over it, because a man certainly wouldn’t be. And considering Vicki has the same job she knows this better than most, which makes her bringing it up even worse.

4 of the 6 women there are mothers of minor children.  They are doing appearances and trips, duh Vicki, so go ahead and call out the other three women.  

No one but Vicki should be on the show, and then I guess, that would please her.  She was just vile.

• Love 15

Not a Vicki fan, but......Kelly was gunning for Vicki from the moment the reunion started. Vicki couldn't even get it a word without Kelly inserting a snide comment.  If she would have backed off, the nasty comments wouldn't have escalated the way they did. Kelly can stop with the Michael has my back BS. Anybody remember how absolutely vile she was to Michael on camera before they separated? 

I'm not used to Tamra being so quiet at a reunion. I'm waiting for the Tamra-Shannon showdown. It better be good. 

Gina's extra extensions look like cotton candy

Tamra- too much spray tan

Shannon- needs some sort of style for all that hair

Kelly- lose the red lipstick

• Love 14