Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Rather the Fallen Angel

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

That's what I wondered too. Isn't Lena sort of famous? Hasn't she been on TV and stuff? I'd think if you know who Supergirl is, you'd know who Lena Luthor is. 

Well, Supergirl is probably way more famous than Lena. But I figure not recognizing Lena would be like not recognizing Bill Gates or Steve Jobs -- if on top of their business success, they also had an infamous supervillain brother AND helped saved the world from an alien invasion.

1 hour ago, Rushmoras said:

P.S. Basically, now, Manchester is Punisher (what is DC equivalent for Punisher?). Let him do punisher's things. Let him kill the bad guys. Who cares.

DC has had a guy called the Vigilante who was a quasi-Punisher sort. A guy who kills without remorse and without self-defense as a justification is just not in DC's mindset, so that's why Supergirl and the rest might care.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

DC has had a guy called the Vigilante who was a quasi-Punisher sort. A guy who kills without remorse and without self-defense as a justification is just not in DC's mindset, so that's why Supergirl and the rest might care.

Then there's the Red Hood, f.k.a. Jason Todd/Robin. But all I know of him is from the movie, so what do I know?

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That's what I wondered too. Isn't Lena sort of famous? Hasn't she been on TV and stuff? I'd think if you know who Supergirl is, you'd know who Lena Luthor is. 

You'd think, of course there was that flashback to the Danvers girls in High School where two of Kara's jerk classmates thought she was an obsessed Superman stalker because she knew Lex Luthor's name, so I guess the young people just don't care about the Luthors.

Also, empathy enhancer. Yes, they are pulling stuff from their asses.

What would be the point of even having an empathy enhancer anyway? Who would invent such a thing? And, did I miss it, or did they explain how Manchester got hold of one? I mean, from what I can gather, it would only work on someone who had some sort of empathic power, right? And then it would just enhance that power? Um, OK? Why? Who would think of that? Is it meant as a weapon, like "Hey, we can debilitate empaths with this thing!" 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, iMonrey said:

What would be the point of even having an empathy enhancer anyway? Who would invent such a thing? And, did I miss it, or did they explain how Manchester got hold of one? I mean, from what I can gather, it would only work on someone who had some sort of empathic power, right? And then it would just enhance that power? Um, OK? Why? Who would think of that? Is it meant as a weapon, like "Hey, we can debilitate empaths with this thing!" 

Manchester's fiancee Fiona was an empath, so it could be the device was hers or something common to her people.

We'd just be taking shots in the dark as to how the device is meant to work or works. It could be that it works on empaths/telepaths only, or that it works on anyone.

Sharing and understanding others' feelings is something many of us want to do, but cannot always. Perhaps at a normal setting or for normal feelings, a device like that could give helpful insight. It seems to me that Manchester weaponized the device to hurt J'onn, but again, that's just a guess.

• Love 2

I looked up the title as I was pondering who the fallen angels were, and it's a Frankenstein quote:

Remember , that I am thy creature; I ought to be thy Adam; but I am rather the fallen angel, whom thou drivest from joy for no misdeed.

Which makes "Shelley Island" and the kid being named Adam hilariously literal. But that's the show for you. (Did they forget they'd already had an Adam in S1?) I thought it was interesting because it suggests that Lena as hubristic 'mad scientist' is entirely what they're going for.

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Kara gets her powers from the sun -- and despite walking into the dampening field, she was still outside standing in bright sunlight.

AND the plan was to use a "yellow solar radiation" grenade to counteract the dampening field, which, umm, would still be dampering her powers.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, Trini said:

tumblr_phn1a4vq6J1r11iiyo1_500.gif

BWAH HA HA!

2 hours ago, innocuouspuff said:

I looked up the title as I was pondering who the fallen angels were, and it's a Frankenstein quote:

Remember , that I am thy creature; I ought to be thy Adam; but I am rather the fallen angel, whom thou drivest from joy for no misdeed.

Which makes "Shelley Island" and the kid being named Adam hilariously literal. But that's the show for you. (Did they forget they'd already had an Adam in S1?) I thought it was interesting because it suggests that Lena as hubristic 'mad scientist' is entirely what they're going for.

Holy crap! Silly writers.

• Love 2

So, I had wondered if "patient 0331" was an Easter Egg of some sort, and according to Supergirl Radio, it's likely a nod to Lex's "Level 33.1," where he would experiment on metahumans on Smallville.

• Love 2
On 11/25/2018 at 9:22 PM, BaggythePanther said:

I believe in the comics Manchester Black has the Union Jack tattooed on his chest, so this is an improvement. I wonder if the machine he attached to J’onn also gives him his comic superpowers?

I have a feeling that he'll end up being Lena's first successful experiment, only to end up turning those powers on the Children of Liberty and making her regret her mad science. Oh, and of course that will be the catalyst that makes Kara and everyone else see what Lena's been up to.

Where did Manchester get that super breastplate? The technology looks an awful lot like Guardian's "create a bulletproof shield from thin air."