Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E27: I Choose You

druzy
  • Start Topic

At least this week we were spared the Dakota "on September 8, 2009" spiel when we saw his scenes.

I CAAAAAAAAANNNN'TTTT with Cate and her constant "triggers". The girl cannot function. How in hell did Tyler get her pregnant? 

Alaska is beautiful

• Love 12

I think Nova lived with Tyler during their separation. I remember Cate posting pictures of taking Nova to do things which surprised me. Now I realize it must have been her visitation day.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Okay, I LOVE Maci's new house. The only thing I don't dig is the setting. We have more than 100 acres and there's not another house in sight. That is "land", not 7 acres in a development. Nothing wrong with being in a development, but thry act like they're mowing the north 40 when they weed eat the back yard.

Well, you'd be laughing at me when I talk about my back yard and "the field" behind it since the total of both are about half an acre... :-)   I'm not a fan of Maci's house, but more power to her if that's what she wants.  Give me a 1920s farmhouse and a bit bigger, sunnier "field" any day and I'd be happy.    What I do like about her house is the "shed" out back.   Might be perfect for when their parents are aging and might need some assistance.  

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Except for one poster who shared her story above, I have never heard of a couple separating and then getting back together. For the people I have known, separation always leads to divorce. Cate told us more than once that they are not getting divorced but I wouldn't be so sure. I also think she probably had an extremely hard time when Tyler made this announcement. 

I think, in the real world, you're right. One partner asking for a separation isn't really about them "working on themselves" independently. It's a less aggressive way of broaching the divorce subject. Baby steps out the door. 

But I'm pretty sure those two are still together in real life. Sadly, I don't ever see them really splitting up. He's tried several times, but they just keep coming back together. I think it's part desiring fame and part guilt. For Tyler. For Cate, it's 100% desperation. 

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Thank YOU!  I know there are some that like it, and I thought maybe I was taking crazy pills.  It is so awful!

That room is particularly awful! Not my taste at all. But when I looked at the link, I did like the 2 story living room.

Wasn't it just last week that they were talking about how they didn’t want their kids thinking they’re hot sh*t because they’re on TV? And then they were lamenting how expensive private school is and how even if Ryan paid for Bentley they would have Jade and Maverick coming right behind? Hollow excuses. They just don’t value education. They value tacky ass McMansion living and they don’t want TM money going to education because they want to spend it on themselves and their own comfort. It would have been so refreshing to see a TM live a modest lifestyle while investing and saving their mtv money to cover their exploited kids educational costs. I’m not saying private education is necessary or the be all end all, just that you blow up your excuses for not sending your kid to the school he wants to go to when you run out and buy an ugly ass McMansion on a whim several weeks later.

Edited by Jackintheknox
Edited for clarity
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

While I am proud of Gary for getting a vasectomy, I cringed when I heard him crack that same old tired male bitch line "cutting off my manhood".  Give me a break with that shit. Women go thru the discomfort, physical changes for months, dr visits with all various people up in your business while pregnant then the hours of labor, pain of childbirth ,episiotomy  sitting on inflatable rings, c-sections, swollen leaking breasts or the wondeful aftermath peeing a little  when you laugh or sneeze. A man gets a half hour procedure done in an office with 1 shot, small incision  (but now has been updated to no scapel, no needle) then have some discomfort and need to rest for a couple days then they are fine. 

Give me a break...yet that all are always my manhood, like they are sending your dick to a guillotine!  Your precious dick does not make you a man. But being a loving responsible father and husband who wanted to avoid causing any pain and heartbreak to his wife does. And that is what you did Gary. Well done.

Rant over 

I would like to heart what you said a hundred times!  Amen!

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, monicageller said:

Gary cracked me up at his consultation!

Doctor: *Shows Gary a diagram of the male reproductive system*

Gary:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.46.28 am.JPG

Doctor: 'The goal is to end up having these blocked.'

Gary:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.46.50 am.JPG

Doctor: 'I usually use a rubber band to get the penis out of the way'

Gary:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.47.24 am.JPG

Never change, Gare Bear!

Thank you for posting this! He was making me laugh! 

• Love 11
On 11/27/2018 at 3:36 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'd think even more than that.

We paid a little over $6k about six years ago for a new central air conditioner for the condo we used to live in and our condo was only around 1100sq ft.  I hope TTM has a long-term business plan.

Also, don't forget that Maci has miracle babies (and will likely have more) and she sends them to full-time daycare from the ages of 6 weeks to kindergarten.  That's going to cost her a pretty penny as well.  We have two toddlers in daycare (because we both work full-time) and it is more than our monthly mortgage+home owners' insurance+property tax bill. 

I really don’t understand dumping two kids off at daycare so you can hang out with friends or just hang around the house...if they love kids so much, why are the kids shuttled off to daycare? 

Anyone else get the feeling that Corey’s mom did not like Cheyenne? And WTF was that outfit Cheyenne was wearing with her boobs all out there...at a family get together no less. Looks like she does a lot of shopping at Frederick’s of Hollywood.

• Love 12

Oddly, Tyler seemed fine with it. I remember HIM being disappointed when Nova was a girl. But I think he's matured a lot since then and his priorities are more in check. 

I think Tyler has matured a lot since he's started to be the primary parent to Nova (I agree with the above posters that he probably has a ton of help, but he clearly also spends at least some time with her, unlike her Cate.  But I wonder if his not caring about the gender is more a function of the fact that he has completely emotionally checked out of the marriage, and is biding his time until MTV cancels the show to leave.  Then he'll disappear and newCarly the first and second will both be farmed out to whichever relative is currently not in jail or rehab.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, NannyBails said:

Well, you'd be laughing at me when I talk about my back yard and "the field" behind it since the total of both are about half an acre... :-)   I'm not a fan of Maci's house, but more power to her if that's what she wants.  Give me a 1920s farmhouse and a bit bigger, sunnier "field" any day and I'd be happy.    What I do like about her house is the "shed" out back.   Might be perfect for when their parents are aging and might need some assistance.  

It's all just a matter of perspective anyway. What's big to one person might not be to someone else. I live on a farm so, for me, saying they want to buy "land" meant that they wanted acreage that they can do things with. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

But sex and gender aren't the same thing, and they are "revealing" the child's sex.

I guess we will have to disagree on that! 

I mean agree to disagree.  

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 8

Sex and gender are definitely different things, but I recognize that these stupid parties are commonly called gender reveal parties, probably because people are weird about the word "sex." Also, I'm a descriptivist when it comes to linguistics instead of a prescriptivist, so I just roll with it. Kind of like how 99% of the time when people talk about the vagina, they actually mean the vulva. But nobody wants to use the word "vulva." Meh.

Also, obligatory "Cate sucks and Bristol's a dumb box of hair and Amber's an neglectful idiot" post for the episode. Could post that every week, and it would be appropriate. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Jackintheknox said:

That room is particularly awful! Not my taste at all. But when I looked at the link, I did like the 2 story living room.

Wasn't it just last week that they were talking about how they didn’t want their kids thinking they’re hot sh*t because they’re on TV? And then they were lamenting how expensive private school is and how even if Ryan paid for Bentley they would have Jade and Maverick coming right behind? Hollow excuses. They just don’t value education. They value tacky ass McMansion living and they don’t want TM money going to education because they want to spend it on themselves and their own comfort. It would have been so refreshing to see a TM live a modest lifestyle while investing and saving their mtv money to cover their exploited kids educational costs. I’m not saying private education is necessary or the be all end all, just that you blow up your excuses for not sending your kid to the school he wants to go to when you run out and buy an ugly ass McMansion on a whim several weeks later.

SO MUCH THIS!  Why spend money on private school when you can spend it on a huge house??  And a huge pantry for all of your Bud Lite!

• Love 9

Does anyone immediately think, "PIKACHU!" after they read the thread title?

it was maybe the name of a movie? video game?  from the 90s...

my seven year-old boy-child was a frickin' Pokemon *fanatic*

• Love 5
2 hours ago, teapot said:

Does anyone immediately think, "PIKACHU!" after they read the thread title?

it was maybe the name of a movie? video game?  from the 90s...

my seven year-old boy-child was a frickin' Pokemon *fanatic*

Yes! I still play Pokemon so it was my first thought when I saw the title.

• Love 3
On 11/28/2018 at 2:27 AM, heatherchandler said:

They showed little glimpses when she was on the laptop.

here is one of the rooms -

Maci-Bookout-Bedroom-2.thumb.jpg.6c65e58486e4f26551534562e800e35c.jpg

OMG the celestial painting behind the bed, the creepy mirror, the checkerboard nausea-inducing ceiling.  And Maci was actually LOVING the horrible painted ceiling.  This is the reason it is so cheap!

What the F is in the corner, a llama dressed up in a tutu??

Here is an article about the house.  There are more pictures.

THIS is the house they said was 'move in ready' and 'didn't need anything done to it'?! Maci, House Hunters called, they want a word with you...

• Love 11

What happened between Bristol and Dakota? Divorce always sucks, but damn. Those two both wish the other one dead. I want to know why.

Cait’s skin looks really good, she has a real pregnancy glow happening in this episode. Other then that her life is a disaster. 

I never understand why people like Maci feel like they’ve out grown their home. Their current home is really big and looks like it has a bit of land. What have they out grown? 

My current theory is that Cheyenne is so immature that the producers forgot she was in her 20s when she had Rider.

Amber made time for working out. Add that to the list of things Amber manages to fit in while she’s too busy to see Leah.

• Love 8
On 11/28/2018 at 5:21 PM, heatherchandler said:

Thank YOU!  I know there are some that like it, and I thought maybe I was taking crazy pills.  It is so awful!

Well I must be taking crazy pills too...lol

As someone already mentioned Maci considers the house move in ready which to me indicates Maci has horrible taste. Guess we'll have to wait and find out what they do with the place.

As soon as I saw all those steps to get in the house I was already like NOPE! Can you imagine lugging groceries up those steps. Hell no!!!

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, MadLove said:

Well I must be taking crazy pills too...lol

As someone already mentioned Maci considers the house move in ready which to me indicates Maci has horrible taste. Guess we'll have to wait and find out what they do with the place.

As soon as I saw all those steps to get in the house I was already like NOPE! Can you imagine lugging groceries up those steps. Hell no!!!

We know they’ll move again, but my first thought was “If you’re never moving again, how are you going to get up & down those steps when you’re older?” 

I know it’s Maci’s house, but all I could think about were the little kids and so many accidents on those outside stairs. I also thought about how hard it will be for Mimi Jen, Larry and Maci’s parents to deal with those steps sooner than later.

In Southern California, not only do most people typically only buy a house once in their life, but it’s got to be fully functional for all ages.

Many of my friends’ parents are already revamping their homes to make them easier for older folks to access in general.  They’re doing smart yet simple stuff like replacing several wide steps that lead to the front door with a long ramp instead. It’ll be useful when they themselves are older, but in terms of an inevitable resale of the home, it’s a brilliant move. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 10
On 11/27/2018 at 9:27 AM, heatherchandler said:

They showed little glimpses when she was on the laptop.

here is one of the rooms -

Maci-Bookout-Bedroom-2.thumb.jpg.6c65e58486e4f26551534562e800e35c.jpg

OMG the celestial painting behind the bed, the creepy mirror, the checkerboard nausea-inducing ceiling.  And Maci was actually LOVING the horrible painted ceiling.  This is the reason it is so cheap!

What the F is in the corner, a llama dressed up in a tutu??

Here is an article about the house.  There are more pictures.

FUG!! Thanks for the link, heatherchandler.  Those "unique wall coverings" just look dirty to me, or fire damage. What a creepy mess that house is.

• Love 6
On 11/29/2018 at 10:41 AM, Mambo Gladys said:

Taylor’s name is on the deed to the new house. My apologies if someone already said that but I hadn’t seen it yet. 

Well, he does sell shirts with annoying logos printed on them.  That probably contributes a couple thousand bucks to the annual household income.

• Love 12
On 11/28/2018 at 10:55 AM, MaggieG said:

I CAAAAAAAAANNNN'TTTT with Cate and her constant "triggers". The girl cannot function. How in hell did Tyler get her pregnant? 

Alaska is beautiful

It sounds like maybe Cate is getting too much therapy and not doing much else.  She's using therapy words to describe her life because that's the only place she ever goes.  And Tyler is no better.  He needs to get a job and get out of the house.  If he had his own life he wouldn't be sitting around pitying himself that he's surrounded by fucked up people.  Get a job or education, cut your sister out of your life, stop talking to your trashy mother and focus on your wife and child.  They are equally impaired.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

She's using therapy words to describe her life because that's the only place she ever goes. 

I agree so much with your post, and to the quoted above, that's why I loved when Tyler said to her that he's sick of the talk & wants to see the walk. All Cate ever does it spout platitudes from therapy as she sits greasy-haired on the couch chewing her nails, or telling Nova to clean.  My favorite was when they were at lunch discussing Tyler's sister Amber & she had the gall to say "I hope she's working the steps & didn't just go there to get away from her kid" as she was sitting at a random podunk lunch with Tyler & Kim that was probably preceded & proceeded by her sitting forlornly on the couch spouting further platitudes. She is exhausting to watch 10 minutes a week on TV. I can't imagine what actual life is like day in/day out with that bullshit. 

• Love 12
On 2018-11-27 at 2:36 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'd think even more than that.

We paid a little over $6k about six years ago for a new central air conditioner for the condo we used to live in and our condo was only around 1100sq ft.  I hope TTM has a long-term business plan.

Also, don't forget that Maci has miracle babies (and will likely have more) and she sends them to full-time daycare from the ages of 6 weeks to kindergarten.  That's going to cost her a pretty penny as well.  We have two toddlers in daycare (because we both work full-time) and it is more than our monthly mortgage+home owners' insurance+property tax bill. 

Yeah I was thinking wow HVAC is cheap where Maci lives as I recently paid $8k Cdn for my 1400 sqf house with basement.

I didn’t mind Maci’s house from the outside but the inside is too “rustic worn” for me but a few gallons of paint could fix that. The house looks pretty new and the kitchen cabinets have sanded edges, which I think is an okay look when it is natural like in an old farm house or in a small amount but on all the new cabinets looks too busy. Houses interest me so much, the style in my area is more modern, the rustic stuff like barn board is combined with things like chrome, steel and glass. The layout of the house looks nice though it is just decorated too busy for me. The lot looks nice too, some features of being on acerage but still with neighbours as it can be nice to have neighbours for the kids.

I do find how these different moms spend their teen mom $ interesting though. Some live such an upper middle class life and others seem to have much more modest things. Maybe it is a product of their area’s cost of living or how much they waste on drugs. I bet most haven’t saved for college even though they have sold their kids for fame.

ETA my sister separated from her husband then they go back together for a couple of years but now she is done for good because no real change happened. However, I have clients that separated and got back together and have been married for over 20 years now but they used the time to work on themselves and really fix things. I doubt Cate will change and Tyler will just get more worn down. 

Edited by fountain
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2018 at 6:11 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Gary should experience a breech birth of 7# 6 oz!  After that nothing hurts!

Y'all....we're all forgetting Gary feels pain in guy pain levels.  For example, most of you moms know that "manflu" is quite different from "momflu" (because moms just keep going with the flu, but unless the dad is a single dad, he usually gets "manflu" instead of regular flu. 

None of these guys - not even Gary - could handle having an almost-10 lb baby come out of them, third degree tears, plus a month or more of passing lochia (or breastfeeding). NONE of them.  They'd literally die.  They wouldn't have to worry about losing bladder control from birth/pregnancy because they would die when they realized what was going on in the birth. They couldn't handle it. The poor-widdle-baby-mens cannot handle what we women can.  Let's all cut poor, widdle Gar-Bear a break over his manpain, ladies.  His struggle is real.  

/sarcasm (just in case), but I think it's clear who is the stronger sex. ;)

Props to Gary for having the procedure done and being down for filming about it.  Yeah, he made it sound awful, but he probably doesn't have any worse pain experiences to compare it to and he still did it.  Lots of guys won't.  Something tells me if Gary ever has to have his gallbladder/appendix out or passes kidney stones, the pain/ordeal of the vasectomy won't seem so bad by comparison and that he'd readily admit it.  I wish he'd have acted like the procedure was easy for him  and no big deal to him so that other guys might see it and be more open to the procedure....but I can see why it was a big deal and why he acted how he did (because lots of guys are the same way).  Still, props to Gary. And mega-props to all my badass PTV friends who have dealt with way worse pain/procedures/recoveries, delivered babies babies (large ones, smaller ones, vaginally, or c-section), and who laugh in the face of procedures like vasectomies.  Y'all are amazing- keep on keeping on!

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8

I know there are different opinions on this, but I wish Cate would have waited longer this time around to tell Nova about her new sibling. I would guess that this was staged and Nova was told probably after the positive pregnancy test, like last time around that ended in a MC. Must be so confusing for a child so young to understand & it is so easy to protect a young child from upset/potential upset. Chelsea acted similarly and it equally irked me. 

Cheyenne & Cory just need to get together. She is beautiful but that choice of low cut top to meet his parents ?! Awkward 

Bristol seems genuinely happy to be free of Dakota & I can see why. Lol at her offering to pick her sisters husbands though 🙈

• Love 1
On 11/28/2018 at 6:41 AM, ginger90 said:

Gary drove himself home after the vasectomy? I took my son in law to his,  and it was required he have a ride , and someone in the waiting room. I was in with him when he was out of recovery. 

I know, not a normal bonding experience! 🤣

Someone was with him, maybe even two, the camera person and possibly sound person.

• Love 2