Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/26/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

So Meghan said --

"My father was solely responsible for the Magitsky Act, and Obama wasn't, and don't you forget that. Daddydaddydaddy."

And Abby said --

"My father knows more about Russia than anyone else on earth, and he tells me all about it. Daddydaddydaddy."

And all I could hear was (in the immortal words of The Angels) --

"My boyfriend's back, he's gonna save my reputation. If I were you, I'd take a permanent vacation. You're gonna be sorry you were ever born. Cause he's kinda big and he's awful strong."

• Love 20

I didn't mind Abby's rant so much today because it was about a specific thing that she is obviously passionate about. She isn't Meghan, who does this EVERY SINGLE SHOW.  Meghan is so petulant and emotional that I think she forgets she's on live TV. She was talking to Joy today like a hormonal teenage daughter. 

In lighter fare, I liked the topic about having people over. When I had a little house I loved to entertain, and on a few occasions I would have to tell people to lock up when they left because the party was officially over and I was leaving with everyone else to the club! So I am definitely a Sunny, at least with grown-up friends. Interesting that she is an only child and like this and Abby, from a large family, is the opposite.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Also, the scowl on her face after Joy's joke made me laugh. I feel like if you're going constantly use the phrase 'I can't fake it', a sex joke is basically mandatory, and from a comedian no less. Get a sense of humour Meghan.

All Meghan had to do was to fire back with something like " I don't have to fake it , baby " and smiled . She might have gotten a bit of a laugh. But that would have meant she was talking about one of her off limits topics . After all , her mother might have been watching and more importantly , shown that she has a sense of humor about herself .

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is too young to be so bitter..

Unless something happened that we don't know about I don't understand why Meghan is so bitter.  She has a pretty cushy life. She has never had to struggle.  Never had to worry about paying the rent.  Has a loving family. She should appreciate what she has and stop acting like she is some sort of victim.  

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Unless something happened that we don't know about I don't understand why Meghan is so bitter.  She has a pretty cushy life. She has never had to struggle.  Never had to worry about paying the rent.  Has a loving family. She should appreciate what she has and stop acting like she is some sort of victim.  

Being a Republican means that she is a perpetual victim of the big bad mean liberals..

• Love 14
1 minute ago, DB in CMH said:

What bothers Joy about Meghan isn't her politics. It's her lack of any sort of sense of humor. Joy gets along fabulously with Ann Coulter because Ann has a clear sense of humor. 

Meghan has this worldview where she's the life of the party and wants SO badly to be loved by Joy because that would validate her perception of herself.

As a comedian, people like Meghan are the most fun to take down because they can't laugh about themselves. Joy really has to hold back.

I know Joy has better sense, but wouldn't that make a great split screen?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I know Joy has better sense, but wouldn't that make a great split screen?

One that would end in Meghan's tears.

I don't think Joy consciously wants to hurt Meghan, but it's in her nature as a comedian to say things that people like Meghan can't handle because they have no sense of humor. I think Joy sees Meghan as weak more than anything, and Joy is one of those old school comedians who doesn't punch down. 

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 17

I Sort of liked Abby going off on a little rant,showed there might be more to her than just being a nodding head  & stating the obvious,as long as she doesnt turn into MM MK2 & do it every single show topic.

Joys little joke to Meghan & her reaction to it was great,i like to think Joy did it just to deliberately piss her off plus Sunny & Anna laughing when Meghan clearly wasnt made it even better.

It does seem like after each passing week the panal care less & less about Meghan and her likes/dislikes - i wonder if the "higher ups" wont get rid due to her behaviour then certain members of the panal have just said sod it & hoping to push her to quit instead.

going back to yesterday (as i`ve only just caught up with both yesterday & todays shows) in a weird way wouldnt Ann Coulter be the perfect person to knock some sense & respect into MM? Anns a republican thats shares just as much differences with Joy as MM but still knows how to get along with & respect her.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, DB in CMH said:

One that would end in Meghan's tears.

I don't think Joy consciously wants to hurt Meghan, but it's in her nature as a comedian to say things that people like Meghan can't handle because they have no sense of humor. I think Joy sees Meghan as weak more than anything, and you don't punch down.

Yes, for sure.  So tempting though, I'll bet for Joy.  Probably in her mind snappy comebacks are swirling.

Did I ever mention on this forum that my late brother had a wonderful knack for insulting people in such a way that they thanked him or were flattered?  I'll bet Joy could do that too.  But not on the show.  She is too professional for that.

Edited by lookeyloo
Added.
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

A doctor I worked with had guessed, on two separate occasions, co-workers were pregnant.  I asked her how she could tell.  She said the first sign is a "softening"  of facial features - sometimes like a fullness under the jaw.  I noticed that with Abby a while ago, her chin/jawline was less angular. 

Oh how i hope thats true.  Then when she goes on maternity leave maybe Ana will fill in full time, or maybe Sara will comeback and they will realize how badly they fucked up moving her.  Do a switch Abby for Sara. Hah!

• Love 5

I don't care who shows up if Abby is p.g. as long as MM is gone gone gone...God knows we would not be able to tell if MM was preggers. Oh wait, she hates kids, doesn't want to talk about it, doesn't concern her. She's bored now, sorry I forgot.

• Love 6

I'm surprised at how difficult it is for the producers to get a well spoken conservative onto this show. Ana is the closest one I've seen recently (and yeah I know some people will say she's not a true conservative). Abby is very stiff and today was the first time I saw her strongly say her own opinion.... until it turned out she was relying on her father's opinion more than her own.

I'm shocked Meghan actually said she wasn't interested in participating certain topics. Had she watched this show before taking the job?? This is part of what she's paid for. They've had serious journalists on the panel before and they were able to participate in fluffy topics. She takes on a morally superior tone. However, I'd say that Whoopi does this as well. She pretends to look like all the talk is ridiculous when the others are talking about celebrities or their own insecurities. Again, it's part of the job. Don't pretend that you're better than everyone else who is willing to participate.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

Meghan stated she hates when a woman is called a bitch for expressing her political view and that it happens to her all the time.   Hey RBM,...you are not called a bitch here because your politics. Its because you are mean, rude, screaming, schreeching banchee that yells at your cohosts (loud does not make you right), chastise your audience for not clapping for you,  narcissistic harpie. If you would actually listen to others, and learn to debate like the professional you claim to be i would not feel the need to complain about you to ABC...but you act like a spoiled brat...but since you are not child, i think bitch fits...just like i call 45 man baby bitch.

Well Said!!!  * golf clap *  Brava!

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I don't care who shows up if Abby is p.g. as long as MM is gone gone gone...God knows we would not be able to tell if MM was preggers. Oh wait, she hates kids, doesn't want to talk about it, doesn't concern her. She's bored now, sorry I forgot.

Omg that would be a nightmare!  It would HAVE to be a boy, you know whats coming next....named after Daddy of course.  But you just know it would be a girl heeeheeehahah.  Karma Baby.  You know, I really like that name 'Karma'.  It has a beautiful ring to it.

• Love 3

Thanks Silver! I could understand Joy not liking all the attention she has been getting the last 2 days. And I am glad they chose Shaw instead, for sure.

~~~~~~~~

I sure hope Joy and Sunny go to Ana's wedding and Meghan is not invited. Why should she be?

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 9
On 11/29/2018 at 11:04 AM, PradaKitty said:

Oh my... Meghan looks horrible in her holiday sweater....

And didnt Whoopi just wear it yesterday? They commented on that its a pocket, a real stocking

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, schroeder said:

I'm shocked Meghan actually said she wasn't interested in participating certain topics. Had she watched this show before taking the job?? This is part of what she's paid for. They've had serious journalists on the panel before and they were able to participate in fluffy topics. She takes on a morally superior tone. However, I'd say that Whoopi does this as well. She pretends to look like all the talk is ridiculous when the others are talking about celebrities or their own insecurities. Again, it's part of the job. Don't pretend that you're better than everyone else who is willing to participate.

If one can do it, then they all should.   I picture Joy going through her phone when she's not interested in a topic.   Sunny is either checking her make-up or having one of the professionals come out and touch her up while she's "uninterested."  Abby can stroke her vinyl hair and hum to herself to prove she's bored.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

If one can do it, then they all should.   I picture Joy going through her phone when she's not interested in a topic.   Sunny is either checking her make-up or having one of the professionals come out and touch her up while she's "uninterested."  Abby can stroke her vinyl hair and hum to herself to prove she's bored.

Maybe all 3 should it next time Meghan goes into myfather myfather myfather mode!

• Love 11
On 11/29/2018 at 5:43 PM, Blissfool said:

I think so too. That segment was so cringey and it was making me mad. Yes, mad! I couldn't stand Whoopi's dramatics and Meghan' s giggling. Ugh!

The Marvelous...Maisel interview was so awkward. First Joy was trying to compliment the actress, but was insulting her at the same time. Then there were awkward pauses abound.

So what'd everyone think of Joy's burst of laughter at the end when Whoopi said "I hope this shows how we can all be friends."  Oh, Joy!

Right!!!  Whoopi has been saying this SO MUCH lately.  Methinks its a case doth protesting too much

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I doubt if Sara wants to be at the same table with an entitled spoiled brat; isn't that the reason she escaped in the first place?

Isn’t that what she’s doing now?  😂

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:
12 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I doubt if Sara wants to be at the same table with an entitled spoiled brat; isn't that the reason she escaped in the first place?

Isn’t that what she’s doing now?  😂

HaHA!  The veiled comment makes me wish I watched GMA...but I think I catch your drift.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Merging was so wrong.
  • Love 2

UGH. Today's show highlights what is wrong with the show. I hate the two nepotism cases. Can't they find two millennials who had to take out student loans? Instead, we are stuck with two heiresses who speak for "real america" because they grew up in "red" states. GTFO!

• Love 19
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, it's one glaring thing that Meghan has in common with, as Whoopi calls him "the guy in the white house".   seeing EVERYTHING as red/blue, conservative/liberal, "us"/"them".  

She probably views "red state things"   as shooting guns, watching Fox News, grilling meat,  and drinking whiskey.  

I can't imagine what she thinks "blue state"  people do - order sushi and watch Rachel Maddow on TV?  drink wines from California?  Make protest signs?   Oh, I know!  we knit pink hats! 

I already had Chinese food delivery tonight, but now, reading this as I watch Rachel Maddow, I'm craving sushi, dammit. Oh, and I'm drinking Australian wine. :)

• Love 5

When Meghan went on her rant about topics she doesn’t want to discuss, she can’t fake interest, blah, blah, blah, I thought of Nicole Wallace and how she was fired for not being knowledgeable about the Kardashians.  Nicole was always pleasant, she always participated, she was simply a serious journalist that didn’t know much about reality tv.  Now we have one note Meghan who screams over everyone that she doesn’t want to talk about something.  Admits she’s bored.  Pouts.  Refuses to participate.  What’s wrong with this picture?

• Love 19

If Meh (yes, that's what I call her) is so disinterested in the format of the show and discussions that aren't political, why does she continue to stay? Why not just go to someplace that's more her speed (like Fox) and be a talking head over there? They just gave Diamond and Silk a show so you would think she'd be a shoe-in for one. 

• Love 14

Good grief MM - Obama signed the Act into law after a bipartisan vote of 92-4. And introduced by a R in the House. Her daddy favored it, big deal. I think after accepting the award for her father  in London MM is trying to make this her cause.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I noticed that when Ana said "you're coming" when talking about her wedding, she only pointed at Joy and Sunny, lol. I wouldn't want McCain or her BFF stinkin' up my happy day either.

I worked today and was going to skip it but this statement has me revving up Hulu.

2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

And just what ARE these red state/blue state things?  Perhaps many of us are doing things that are verboten.  

The whole idea is ludicrous.  I live in a county where you can live on the lake, farmlands, small villages or cities of 250k or more.  I could say, "Come to the lake and enjoy water sports or fishing".  I could say, "Come up north and enjoy snowmobiles or 4 wheeling or orchards etc".  I could say come to this or that city and enjoy the nightlife and a myriad of restaurants.  I am unclear as to what red and blue activities are.

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

When Meghan went on her rant about topics she doesn’t want to discuss, she can’t fake interest, blah, blah, blah, I thought of Nicole Wallace and how she was fired for not being knowledgeable about the Kardashians.  Nicole was always pleasant, she always participated, she was simply a serious journalist that didn’t know much about reality tv.  Now we have one note Meghan who screams over everyone that she doesn’t want to talk about something.  Admits she’s bored.  Pouts.  Refuses to participate.  What’s wrong with this picture?

EXACTLY!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Marigny said:

If Meh (yes, that's what I call her) is so disinterested in the format of the show and discussions that aren't political, why does she continue to stay?

Yes, Marigny, YAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I think "not caring" is Meghan's shtick. She thinks that professing her complete disinterest for certain topics is utterly hilarious and shows everybody what a great sense of humor she has. Again, it goes back to Meghan wanting to be perceived as funny and fun-loving, but it just comes off as calculated. She just doesn't have it.

• Love 5

Fridays show was nuts! I’m going to have to get tickets for Fridays as well. I love how we all know the truth about MM behind the scenes. Eventually she’s heading toward a breakdown of sorts. The fake facade she puts on up there. This  is the same bad ass bitch? ... who publicly ran off stage after every commercial break, isolated herself from the women all the way in the back of the stage, can be seen crying and still huffing and puffing  in front of the audience while getting her makeup retouched, left the audience and the guest without saying goodbye,  and faked a smile for the rest of show because Whoopi  finally shut her down. Whoopi had enough like all of us here. It spilled into the commercial break and Princess McCain couldn’t take the heat. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

This  is the same bad ass bitch? ... who publicly ran off stage after every commercial break, isolated herself from the women all the way in the back of the stage, can be seen crying and still huffing and puffing  in front of the audience while getting her makeup retouched, left the audience and the guest without saying goodbye,  and faked a smile for the rest of show because Whoopi  finally shut her down.

When they had the commercial for going online to see what happens during commercial breaks I laughed out loud because we now know what goes on during commercial breaks-- Meghan has a meltdown!

Kid Rock has been disinvited to be grand marshal at the Nashville Christmas parade because of his remark about Joy.  It was felt that his comment wasn't in line with the spirit of the parade and the city.  Wanna bet the spin is that Joy is to blame for this?  Of course she will be, even though her reaction was to invite him on the show.  With beer.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 19
14 hours ago, schroeder said:

I'm surprised at how difficult it is for the producers to get a well spoken conservative onto this show. Ana is the closest one I've seen recently (and yeah I know some people will say she's not a true conservative). Abby is very stiff and today was the first time I saw her strongly say her own opinion.... until it turned out she was relying on her father's opinion more than her own.

I hate when whoopi does it too. I've complained about her as well. I totally get not wanting to talk about the Kardashian's or Gender reveal parties. I make a habit of not talking about them. Meghan McCain is paid to talk about both politics and whatever fluff the producers think they should talk about. It's the haughty attitude she takes on that really annoys me. No, lady you are not above those fluff topics. We saw you piss yourself over Erika Jane , try to engage in a Twitter feud with another BH howife(she was to classy to go in on you) and now I've seen pics of you hanging out with Tila Tequila.  (Back in the day, but still eww) so nope you not to good to talk about Melania and Trump seemingly looking closer. 

• Love 13

When they were talking about Sunny going to Meghan's ranch and Sunny using a gun, did anyone else hear something said about Whoopi? I thought it was Abby, something like she was glad Whoopi wasn't there, Meghan looked at her in horror, then turned to the producer or someone with her mouth open as if to say Did you hear that? I was waiting for someone to mention it but I don't think anyone has.

BTW,I think Meghan should be fired for her I don't care attitude, she's on a talk show for God's sake!

• Love 7
18 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Because here Father died. Sigh.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Marigny said:

If Meh (yes, that's what I call her) is so disinterested in the format of the show and discussions that aren't political, why does she continue to stay? Why not just go to someplace that's more her speed (like Fox) and be a talking head over there? They just gave Diamond and Silk a show so you would think she'd be a shoe-in for one. 

She left Fox News for The View; she was there from 2015-2017 (she was also a commentator on MSNBC for a few years before that). I suppose it's possible she could return, but I can't really see it, honestly. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Marigny said:

They just gave Diamond and Silk a show so you would think she'd be a shoe-in for one. 

Is there no end to this nightmare. Please let this not be true.

8 hours ago, nancykay said:

When they were talking about Sunny going to Meghan's ranch and Sunny using a gun, did anyone else hear something said about Whoopi? 

I thought Abby commented that Whoopi would enjoy the gun shooting, more so than Sunny.  I miss a lot. I tune out when there is a lot of crosstalk.

• Love 6

My dad was an Army Officer. My father-in-law was an Army Officer. They both served in wars and the Korean Conflict. They were not POW’s like John McCain. We give thanks for his service and sacrifice. I cannot imagine how terrible and awful his days were in that camp. It breaks my heart for him. I watched a lot of his funeral services. I read that he planned all of this circus. His funeral lasted an entire week. His family had to travel from city to city to city to view people paying their respects to him. At every place, John’s sons and their mother remained stoic and strong. Meghan walked in after they did just falling over onto her brother sobbing and crying and hysterical over her daddy. I loved my dad beyond words and respected him and his service but I never acted like that during his funeral. Meghan made it about her not her dad. And I hated how she just sobbed, fell down and made it about her. And from the reactions from her family member, so did they. Go away, Meghan.

• Love 15
20 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

I went to a private school (scholarship kid) filled with the children of affluent and important  people. I can remember the girls saying “My daddy is president of XYZ company and my daddy can buy your daddy TEN TIMES OVER”.

@17WheatThins, are you me? My exact high school experience. What I found out was that the truly great girls were the ones who were super-rich, with their last names on buildings on Fifth Avenue. They didn't have anything to prove, didn't drop "my father" references, and were my friends because they liked me. The ones whose fathers were gynecologists and dentists, they were the bitches who always reminded me that I was there on scholarship. My fantasy is to do one of those Freaky Friday switches, and go back and say, "You're here because your dad pops zits; I'm here because I'm smart. Which one of us should be making fun of the other?"

My high school experience always explained Trump to me, his meanness, his aspirations, coming from Queens instead of Park Avenue, and trying to prove he's "made it" by living in a bad copy of Versailles and plastering his name on everything. In other words, trying to run with the real elites, and failing miserably. ;-)

Ditto for Meghan trying to run with real pundits like Ana -- who can think on their feet instead of relying on blue cards, and who are snappy and funny and smart. Meghan will never be one of the elite pundits. And so she goes right into the "my daddy" thing.

Um, topic! I couldn't believe Meghan was shrieking and interrupting and being insufferable during the first segment, and then pouted during a "nice" segment, stuck her nose in the air, informed the world she had no interest in talking about anything nice, and said (my jaw dropped) that she wanted to go back to the previous (shrieking, interrupting, insufferable) segment. No, no, no, a thousand times no!

• Love 21
12 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

@17WheatThins, are you me? My exact high school experience. What I found out was that the truly great girls were the ones who were super-rich, with their last names on buildings on Fifth Avenue. They didn't have anything to prove, didn't drop "my father" references, and were my friends because they liked me. The ones whose fathers were gynecologists and dentists, they were the bitches who always reminded me that I was there on scholarship. My fantasy is to do one of those Freaky Friday switches, and go back and say, "You're here because your dad pops zits; I'm here because I'm smart. Which one of us should be making fun of the other?"

My high school experience always explained Trump to me, his meanness, his aspirations, coming from Queens instead of Park Avenue, and trying to prove he's "made it" by living in a bad copy of Versailles and plastering his name on everything. In other words, trying to run with the real elites, and failing miserably. ;-)

Ditto for Meghan trying to run with real pundits like Ana -- who can think on their feet instead of relying on blue cards, and who are snappy and funny and smart. Meghan will never be one of the elite pundits. And so she goes right into the "my daddy" thing.

Um, topic! I couldn't believe Meghan was shrieking and interrupting and being insufferable during the first segment, and then pouted during a "nice" segment, stuck her nose in the air, informed the world she had no interest in talking about anything nice, and said (my jaw dropped) that she wanted to go back to the previous (shrieking, interrupting, insufferable) segment. No, no, no, a thousand times no!

I love your post. Megan is a poseur, it is why she is intimidated with real conservatives like Tara and Anna with a brain who love their party, but, will not hesitate to call them out when they are wrong.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
On 11/30/2018 at 8:37 PM, schroeder said:

And in many cases, depending on the topic at hand, Whoopi's specialty is to be passive aggressive about it and break out her valley girl voice to highlight how she really feels about said topic and/or persons they are discussing.  I don't know if she thinks she is being clever but she sure has hell isn't fooling anybody with this thinly veiled act to disguise her disdain for the subject at hand. 

• Love 10