Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week Of 11/26/2018

Recommended Posts

Monday, Nov. 26 
The Political View with Senator Bernie Sanders (author, “Where We Go from Here: Two Years in the Resistance”); Sean Hayes (“Will & Grace”; author, “Plum”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices
                                                                                                                       
Tuesday, Nov. 27 
 Exclusive: Sandra Bland’s sisters, Shante Needham and Sharon Cooper (HBO documentary “Say Her Name: The Life and Death of Sandra Bland”)

Wednesday, Nov. 28 
“Queer Eye”‘s Fab Five: Antoni Porowski, Tan France, Jonathan Van Ness, Bobby Berk and Karamo Brown (authors, “Queer Eye: Love Yourself, Love Your Life”)

Thursday, Nov. 29 
“The View” celebrates Joy Behar’s 20th anniversary; Rachel Brosnahan and Tony Shalhoub (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”)

Friday, Nov. 30 
Ana Navarro guest co-hosts; “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Does NutMeg have to mention her father on every single show?  Everyone in the world has lost a loved one.  There comes a time to keep it to yourself.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, piano said:

Does NutMeg have to mention her father on every single show?

She probably had it put in her contract.   Also, "It's not faaaaaaaiiirrrrr!" can be mentioned at least twice on every show.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan just celebrated her first wedding anniversary.  She has been married one year.  But, she can't remember how old she was when she got married.  

Well, she has referred to it as a "shot-gun" wedding because she always wanted her father to walk her down the aisle and she HAD to get married before he died. I always thought it was pretty shitty of her to say that.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Such a weird vibe to today's show. Something must've happened backstage. Did MM truly want to censor any talk of Thanksgiving activities?

Come back WonderWuman73. We need you.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Lordy Meghan loves to bring any conversation to a hault to let us know she's miserable. I understand grief. I even empathize  It's just she has be the biggest downer and make everything about her.  I wish she'd leave the show because , she clearly hates it. She believes she's above it and imo only took the job for her father.  I'm beyond over almost every guest kissing John McCain's ass. I respect his service but he was far from a saint. And MM isn't John McCain. 

Well said!  I also wanted to add that she did not try to filet Bernie Sanders because he was magnanimous regarding her dad. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm beyond over almost every guest kissing John McCain's ass. I respect his service but he was far from a saint.

I love you!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Fuck me with a chainsaw. Meghan-stop. Enough, already. You had a whole year to say good-bye. People die every day-gruesomely and unexpectedly.  You are not special-well-yes, you are are. The majority of Americans do not get to die with all the bells and whistles like your father did. People are dying because they can't afford their medicines. Some of these people may be dying as they watch you whine about missing your dad. Stop it.

You may want to reconsider the chain saw situation.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Well said!  I also wanted to add that she did not try to filet Bernie Sanders because he was magnanimous regarding her dad. 

Thanks, you are absolutely right regarding Bernie. She was all big smiles at the socialist senator. I wonder if BS realizes he's now on the "close friends" list of Meghan McCain.  

14 minutes ago, OnTime said:

It was weird.

I believe she said " I thought we weren't going to talk about Thanksgiving" but I do not have the energy to watch it again.

What does she think they are going to talk about after Thanksgiving?? Halloween?

Yep, she did say that.

So , since MM wasn't happy over Thanksgiving, it won't be discussed??

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh goody, Meghan also considers herself a "writer." 

Good.  Maybe she will go on tour and leave

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Good idea. She will probably write a book about her father. 

Or a book about middle America, why she is the only who understands them and why she has anointed herself as their spokesperson.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, piano said:

Does NutMeg have to mention her father on every single show?  Everyone in the world has lost a loved one.  There comes a time to keep it to yourself.

It is becoming ridiculous.  We lost our mom and she was wonderful.  We don't sit around and cry but repeat her ill-mannered comments repeatedly so the next generation won't forget her.  There comes a point where you have to laugh and have nostalgia.

The gay kiss - OMFG!  Get over it people.  If Sunny thinks you have to explain a heterosexual kiss to children .... then all is lost.  As my aforementioned mother would say, "Better kissing than killing".

Love Sean Hayes and I agree with him not giving power to hate.

Senator  Sanders - no comment.

Looking to the following week - I have watched an episode or two of Queer Eye and was bored with it.  The chemistry is not the same.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Looking to the following week - I have watched an episode or two of Queer Eye and was bored with it.  The chemistry is not the same.

I tried to watch the new Queer Eye myself and I thought it was awful! Made me miss they OG's and their chemistry with each other. The original was fun whereas I feel the new version is very condescending. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

If Meghan thinks Daytime tv is too “Festive” I have a suggestion for her..,

HURRAY!  I think I zone out when she gets in her rants.......................

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I tried to watch the new Queer Eye myself and I thought it was awful! Made me miss they OG's and their chemistry with each other. The original was fun whereas I feel the new version is very condescending. 

Have you watched "Get a Room with Carson and Thom" it's about home decorating but Thom and Carson are hilarious together. 

On topic. I laughed at, Meghan saying it's a generational thing,  about taking your husband's name. Then saying oh except for you Abby lol.  Really dumb conversation.  Much like two same sex people kissing, who  cares it's 2018. Are women really expected to only do one or the other? Do what works for you. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Good idea. She will probably write a book about her father. 

Seriously, I think that would be good for her. Channel all her grief into something creative. It would be cathartic.

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I wanted add, I loved what Sean hayes said about not having the energy to react to the haters regarding the parade kiss. Perfection. 

Take that, Sunny. I wonder if he was watching and knew she was one of the people complaining about it. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Well, she has referred to it as a "shot-gun" wedding because she always wanted her father to walk her down the aisle and she HAD to get married before he died. I always thought it was pretty shitty of her to say that.

And AGAIN, she has no idea what a shotgun wedding is.

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

President George H.W. Bush's dog, Millie, wrote a book, too.  

😆😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

And also the Clinton's cat Socks I think.

😆😁🤣😂😂😂

58 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Fuck me with a chainsaw. Meghan-stop. Enough, already. You had a whole year to say good-bye. People die every day-gruesomely and unexpectedly.  You are not special-well-yes, you are are. The majority of Americans do not get to die with all the bells and whistles like your father did. People are dying because they can't afford their medicines. Some of these people may be dying as they watch you whine about missing your dad. Stop it.

She has appointed herself as the arbiter regarding grief. More annoying and 🙄🙄🙄🙄 That only HER grief is the only one that matters/counts.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny...   A brief kiss--at a parade or anywhere else--is NOT "making out."  What world do you live in?  A kiss is a kiss is a kiss.  If if hasn't caused problems already, your prudery will cause your two good kids to feel that they have to hide everything from you related to their thoughts/feelings/dealings with the opposite sex.   Simmah down!

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Yep, she did say that.

So , since MM wasn't happy over Thanksgiving, it won't be discussed??

It seems to me she is doing that a lot, i.e., if she can't add anything to a topic, she'll just say "I didn't want to talk about this", and then pouts about it. 

I think it goes without saying that when you lose a loved one, the first holiday season without them is usually the hardest. But you get through it. Yes, she lost her father but still has much to be thankful for. But no, she has to give a little speech reminding everyone how miserable she is. Because it's all about HER. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, piano said:

Does NutMeg have to mention her father on every single show?

Yes, Meghan has to mention her father on Every.Single.Show.

The only real question now is, will she mention him in 6 minutes or less once the show begins!!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I was keeping track for a while and it was always before or by 11:06 for the first My father bomb to be dropped. 

Did she really refer to her wedding as a shot gun wedding?  Wow.  What an idiot.  When you are getting paid big buck$ to talk for a living, having a basic understanding of language and word definitions should be expected. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She has appointed herself as the arbiter regarding grief. More annoying and 🙄🙄🙄🙄 That only HER grief is the only one that matters/counts.

I think one of Meghan's biggest problems is she has no identity outside of being her father's daughter.  That is how the world knows her and she isn't doing herself any favors by continuing to define herself as that.  She is never going to get over her grief if she continues to wallow in it.  And yes she is wallowing in it.  Mentioning him every.single.day is not moving on.  Someone mentioned earlier she needs grief counseling.  Grief counseling only works if you are willing to let your grief go. Meghan does not seem able or willing to.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post

Good grief. Debbie Downer strikes again. It's like she seems to forget she has a husband and friends....she could've said she's thankful that they got her through the death of her father. Say something! She's exhausting. She probably sat in the corner because no one in her family wants to be around that , got drunk and passed out in a pool of gravy. She really needs therapy. Something. And it's not just her dad's death. What I saw that day, she has other issues she's refusing to look at and deal with. 

 

Sunny,...it's just a freaking kiss...

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Did she really refer to her marriage as a shot gun wedding?  Wow.  What an idiot.  When you are getting paid big buck$ to talk for a living, having a basic understanding of language and word definitions should be expected. 

Maybe because it was on a ranch, and there were guns? 

Seriously, does she even THINK before she says stuff?   "Shotgun wedding"  means that her dad found out she lost her virginity and the dad forced the guy to marry her, on threat of being shot if he didn't.  OR the dad found out she was pregnant.  It's the "you broke it, you buy it" mentality.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Such a weird vibe to today's show. Something must've happened backstage. Did MM truly want to censor any talk of Thanksgiving activities?

Come back WonderWuman73. We need you.

I will....Lol 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Maybe because it was on a ranch, and there were guns? 

Seriously, does she even THINK before she says stuff?   "Shotgun wedding"  means that her dad found out she lost her virginity and the dad forced the guy to marry her, on threat of being shot if he didn't.  OR the dad found out she was pregnant.  It's the "you broke it, you buy it" mentality.  

Not to mention misogynistic, the daughter belongs to her father and the man who defiled his property has to marry her to restore her honor. Megan needs to take a basic  course in the English language, in addition to intensive grief counseling. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

your prudery will cause your two good kids to feel that they have to hide everything from you related to their thoughts/feelings/dealings with the opposite sex.   Simmah down!

This quote was regarding Sunny.  Excellent point!

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Yes, Meghan has to mention her father on Every.Single.Show.

The only real question now is, will she mention him in 6 minutes or less once the show begins!!!

Oooooh, I feel a betting pool coming on.

Hey, we bet in church about whether or not the infant will cry during the baptism.  So much so that the priest got in on the last bet and lost.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I can only imagine what we're in for as it gets closer to Christmas as it will be the first one since .... well ... you know.

Pa, humbug. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I can only imagine what we're in for as it gets closer to Christmas as it will be the first one since .... well ... you know.

Oh, we're in for a much, much more...

Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day so basically every holiday and then his birthday, anniversary, election day.... the list will be a long one!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...