Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Insult to Injury

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On 11/28/2018 at 7:15 AM, psychoticstate said:

I know the typical notice is 2 weeks but would that work on the boat?  Is there 2 weeks left to the charter season?  

The correct thing would be to say she'd stay until a replacement arrives.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, TwopLurker said:

I will never, ever understand why the 3rd stews complain about doing the bulk of the laundry. I would chose listening to music alone and not dealing with guests or coworkers any day of the week. Are these people so determined to be the victim that they don’t see the gifts they’re being given?

Same!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, terrymct said:

The correct thing would be to say she'd stay until a replacement arrives.

This.  Or if you aren't going to work, get the %^&! off the boat.  No employer, be it a yacht or a bank is going to let you just hang out while your now-former-coworkers work around you.  That's some entitled BS right there.  So you needed to talk to the captain before you could "officially" quit?  You could have met him at the dock as he was coming back to the ship.  

• Love 21
17 hours ago, snarts said:

Details on the allegations "psychological rape" uh, ok.

I don't understand why she's acting like she was trapped. They wanted her leave, she's the one who locked the door and hid under the covers.  

FML.  Is psychological rape a thing now?  I just can't.

16 hours ago, langford peel said:

So reading through this confabulation it appears that there are continuing allegations about Kate’s cocaine abuse. They had previously been made by Rocky and Bruno. I guess you can discount Rocky but Bruno was a deckhand who didn’t directly work for Kate. So he doesn’t really have an axe to grind. Rocky did say that the cameras definitely got the coke use on camera but Bravo covered it up. Sounds plausible.

I have to ask Alex Jones about it.

A major storyline on Bruno's season was him and Kate having problems because he thought he knew more about how to run the interior 

9 hours ago, CatMomma said:

What links?

Her tweet is incoherent.  I have seen tweets from accused coke head Kate Chastain.  They are complete sentences and have context. 

I honestly don't know what Caroline is saying. Not being snarky.  They seem manic. 

If you read the psychological rape story there was a link in there to the article about the allegations, but it was hard to see because that site appears to be designed and formatted (and possibly written) by 5 year olds.  https://allaboutthetea.com/2018/10/30/caroline-bedol-exposes-kate-chastain/

5 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

I was always on Chandler's side when dealing with her.  Nice to see I was right, she is the ugly common denominator, can't handle respecting any authority.

But it's much more on trend to label Chandler a misogynist than to look at Ryhlee's behavior.

• Love 10
On 11/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, laprin said:

I think constantly complaining about all the reasons you can't do your job and forcing me and others to do it for you while happily helping yourself to a full tip should count as a pattern of harrassment.  Kate and Josiah need to definitely take that up with HR!

That's a good point.  Caroline was helping herself to the tip, even though Kate and Josiah were doing the majority of the work.  I'd complain to HR about that, which IMO was worse than loud music.

• Love 10

So Caroline tweets about radar online having this expose article on Kate's alleged job ending shenanigans, when in reality - it's "all about the tea" who published this rando story? Why would Bravo continue to cast Kate if she truly was engaged in illegal activities? I still find it sketchy that the only folks speaking up about this are ones that had major beefs with Kate, and IMO, were nutters themselves. Even Bruno. Yes - Bruno worked hard and had many talents, but he decided Kate was his enemy based upon one of his pals having beef with her. I don't even remember Kate and Bruno having issues with each other UNTIL he decided to defend whomever that was he was pals with (memory is blanking - probably another kooky stew). Bruno didn't know how to stay in his own lane. It's pretty easy to parrot the "she's a drunk and does coke" line (pun intended? lol) when past crew have said it. Too bad those past crew aren't reliable. I mean we haven't heard anything scandalous about Kate via Amy... Ben... and all those other middle-of-the-road crew that didn't last beyond one season. Even Kelly. Has Kelly said anything scandalous about Kate? I'll just be happy when Caroline crawls back out of the spotlight (as far as reality show spotlights go - but it's impossible to follow below deck tweets and not see her nutty stuff)... though I doubt that will happen any time soon since she's getting attention for her allegations...

ETA - and honestly even if Kate is a day drinking/coke sniffing party gal - I don't really care, I'm one of those who don't mind her - I like her on Below Deck. I read her book. I'd like to see her back next season. As long as she isn't harming anyone (outside of herself) if she is engaging in questionable behaviors- so I don't really get Caroline's angle at "exposing" these allegations - does she honestly think Kate will be fired for stuff we don't see on the show? I mean - unless Kate royally messes up in real life... but.. yeah... 

Edited by BodhiGurl
2nd edit - to clarify what I meant when mentioning past crew who have no beef with Kate, or haven't said anything terrible about her
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Even Kelly. Has Kelly said anything scandalous about Kate?

The worst Kelley has said about Kate was that yes she does drink on charter, she has wine while doing paperwork type things when she is done on service for the day. A glass/mug after the guests are in their cabins while ordering provisions and everyone knows including Lee and no one cares. I think she has put in enough time, is trusted enough, that Lee bends the no drinking on charter rule for her if it is a glass of wine after hours.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

But it's much more on trend to label Chandler a misogynist than to look at Ryhlee's behavior

That’s my problem with this whole thing. There are designated targets that the Bravo narrative sets up for everyone to savage. So most people join in the attack and become part of the pack tearing at the feeble shivering deer in the headlights.

Yes Caroline is a wreck. A sad mess with a multitude of problems that are obvious on first encounter. That’s why she was cast. That was why Rocky and Jen were cast with their problems and issues. Kate is such a nasty shrew you have to bring in a problem child to make her seem sympathetic. You set up some low hanging fruit for her to smash. She had a problem with just about every third stew. When Amy was third she went after her and Amy was very competent, kind and professional. Bravo realized that they couldn’t cast someone competent in the third slot because they needed  a target for the sheeple to gnaw. They have to stack the deck.

Caroline and Chandler are gone now. Who will be the new designated targets? Rhylee and Ross? Because they hook up? Ashton and the Unicorn? The new girl and the new deckhand? I bet they are the new little piggies in this remake of the “Lord of the Flies.”

The mob has to have a new target.

As far as beating a dead horse.... that is just not fair. I would never call Kate a dead horse. She is more of a coked out snake.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

ETA - and honestly even if Kate is a day drinking/coke sniffing party gal - I don't really care, I'm one of those who don't mind her - I like her on Below Deck. I read her book. I'd like to see her back next season. As long as she isn't harming anyone (outside of herself) if she is engaging in questionable behaviors- so I don't really get Caroline's angle at "exposing" these allegations - does she honestly think Kate will be fired for stuff we don't see on the show? I mean - unless Kate royally messes up in real life... but.. yeah... 

I read her book as well and found her career path entertaining. Being a fan of Below Deck and always listening  to stews complain about their chief stew, i was interested in what Kate had to do when she started as a stewardess. She worked laundry and cabins for about 100 days straight. She has never asked a stew to do something she has not done herself. In much more rigorous circumstances. And this season, she is doing everything a chief, first and second stew are doing. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

But it's much more on trend to label Chandler a misogynist than to look at Ryhlee's behavior.

Well, both could be true. I wasn't comfortable jumping immediately to the conclusion that Chandler has issues with women. But he did get openly shitty with Kate at the end. Meanwhile he never really got too shitty with Ashton and Ross, and saved his ire for Captain until he was out of earshot. But I don't know. I feel like I'd need to see him try to work with more females before saying conclusively. But I never cared for Rhylee's behavior; and I was likewise never comfortable blaming it all on Chandler. And her behavior with Ross this week proved me right. 

I think they're both shitty people, honestly. 

• Love 16

I was kind of feeling like Kate and Josiah were a bit mean-girlish at the beginning, but, as time went on (beginning of the season, I mean), I realized that part of the situation is that they are more alike in style and training/background, so would have a more immediate bond that way.  And Caroline spent a LOT of time injured/wounded, with them covering for her.  That means they had a lot of days where it was just the 2 of them working together, without her, and so they've fallen into rhythms and patterns that would naturally make her seem somewhat excluded.  It's not an on-purpose thing, it just happens because they've been working together.  It's sort of like back when my husband worked night shift for a long stretch and I was working a job that required me to be at work for 7 am.  When our schedules finally aligned, it was awesome because I love my husband and it was great to be able to see him for more than an hour a day, but at the same time, going back to sharing a double bed when you got really used to sleeping diagonally across it alone?  Yeah, not fun.  We have a king sized bed now.  It wasn't that I didn't want him to sleep next to me, it's just that we'd gotten out of the pattern of it.

I think Rhylee does have some authority issues, but I also think that Chandler was a really shitty boss.  He clearly had decided Rhylee was the problem and he had no interest in trying to resolve the problems.  Was it because she was a woman?  I don't know.  Maybe if Rhylee was a guy he'd have been the same way, but, at the end of the day, he did treat Rhylee in a way that he didn't treat the guys.  Rhylee is not looking great so far with Ross, but, I am also willing to see if things calm down after the first few days.  I am not defending or excusing her, but I do think she's clearly on high alert, somewhat rightfully so, because of working with Chandler, and it's sort of hard to just flip that on a dime, especially when you're heading into a particularly stressful charter down a person.  So, I can see how she might over react a bit until she sees that Ross really is going to be different, and while it's not right, I kind of do get it.  

• Love 8

It would be easy enough to get a decent third stew. I bet there are tons of experienced stews who would love to be on TV. They are obviously picked for their entertainment value and as targets in the ongoing narrative. It’s the same thing when they pick waitresses in “Vanderpump Rules.” Or when Luann picks a new husband in the “The Real Housewives of New York.” They don’t care if they am do the job because they just want us to be entertained.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Lemur said:

She's not interested in being your friend and praising you for doing the basic shit that's expected with the job.

Unlike Hannah Kate actually does frequently thank and praise her staff and she did that with Caroline when she wasn’t fucking up. Heck Kate even complimented Rocky on rhe occasions she did her job well.

• Love 22

On Below Deck Med this past season, the 3rd stew lied about all of her qualifications on her resume.  This created a ton of problems, which resulted in the captain basically saying "It's an entry level position, train her"  So, while you would want a competent person in there, at the same time, you're likely going to get a fair amount of people who have limited skills.  And, I'd imagine that even if you have training, you still have issues with standards and procedures varying between boats.  I've found this in the past when I've had jobs where I've filled in at another location for the same company.  I'm doing the exact same job that I would normally do in my "home" location, but, this different "branch" has a bit of a different way.  Neither is wrong, it's just that one manager prefers to do things this way while another prefers things to be run a different way.  So, you'd have to learn the new chief stew's "way" each time.

The thing a lot of the 3rd stews seem to get hung up on is that not all of the jobs rotate evenly.  3rd stews always seem to have more of the laundry duties, while chief stews don't.  2nds do some, but, it seems to be mainly the domain of the 3rd.  Caroline was all "When are you going to do lates? I was on lates last charter?" when that's not really how things work.  Kate gets to set the schedule and they don't have to rotate so they all get a turn and things stay equal like in kindergarten.  They aren't sharing crayons, they all have job descriptions.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Well, both could be true. I wasn't comfortable jumping immediately to the conclusion that Chandler has issues with women. But he did get openly shitty with Kate at the end. Meanwhile he never really got too shitty with Ashton and Ross, and saved his ire for Captain until he was out of earshot. But I don't know. I feel like I'd need to see him try to work with more females before saying conclusively. But I never cared for Rhylee's behavior; and I was likewise never comfortable blaming it all on Chandler. And her behavior with Ross this week proved me right. 

I think they're both shitty people, honestly. 

I could wax poetic about Chandler's shortcomings for days.  There was a lot wrong with him.  I feel like a lot of the time he actually opted to not be around Rhylee or interact with her because he can't handle confrontation and any interactions with her pretty much guarantees it.  That seemed to be a lot of his problem as a manager - he'd rather hide in his room than deal with problems.  He'd rather keep his head in the sand than be proactive.  He sees it as not wanting to micromanage, but it was not wanting to make decisions and handle problems.  I don't think his disdain for Kate was she was a woman, it was because she was telling his entitled ass what to do, he didn't like it coming from Lee either but was smart enough to "yes sir" him to his face.  

1 hour ago, terrymct said:

I'm on the "Why not both?" bandwagon.  He sucked at a boatswain.  She's got a chip on her shoulder the size of a boulder.

I agree.  He was an incompetent douche and she's an asshole with a giant chip on her shoulder.  Her chip may very well be from having to work her way up in a male dominated field, but I'm willing to bet it was already there.  Doesn't mean Chandler is a misogynist as many were willing to label him immediately after one confrontation with her (nevermind the fact that she had problems with several people right out of the gate).  It's actually kind of reductive and infantilizes Rhylee to make all about Chandler's alleged hate for women and none of it about her actions or attitude (this is not directed at you).

46 minutes ago, smores said:

Maybe if Rhylee was a guy he'd have been the same way, but, at the end of the day, he did treat Rhylee in a way that he didn't treat the guys. 

None of the guys got up in his face like Rhylee did.  They were far more diplomatic in their interactions, likely in deference to his rank as they didn't seem particularly fond of him either.  

There were also posts talking about Ross and Ashton having a problem with Rhylee daring to be a woman on the deck crew until it turned out they were actually pretty decent.  It seems like for some every guy is a misogynist until proven otherwise.  You can not like a woman without hating all women.  Should we label Rhylee as a misandrist because she's seemed to have problems with most of the males on the boat?  I choose to believe it is more likely that she's just a garden variety asshole, same with Chandler.

• Love 8

I seem to recall Kate saying that laundry was one of the best assignments you could get as a stew -- you get to hid out from guest demands and not have to do other tasks.  She was making fun of someone (maybe Jen, last season) who complained about doing laundry.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, langford peel said:

That’s my problem with this whole thing. There are designated targets that the Bravo narrative sets up for everyone to savage. So most people join in the attack and become part of the pack tearing at the feeble shivering deer in the headlights.

Yes Caroline is a wreck. A sad mess with a multitude of problems that are obvious on first encounter. That’s why she was cast. That was why Rocky and Jen were cast with their problems and issues. Kate is such a nasty shrew you have to bring in a problem child to make her seem sympathetic. You set up some low hanging fruit for her to smash. She had a problem with just about every third stew. When Amy was third she went after her and Amy was very competent, kind and professional. Bravo realized that they couldn’t cast someone competent in the third slot because they needed  a target for the sheeple to gnaw. They have to stack the deck.

Caroline and Chandler are gone now. Who will be the new designated targets? Rhylee and Ross? Because they hook up? Ashton and the Unicorn? The new girl and the new deckhand? I bet they are the new little piggies in this remake of the “Lord of the Flies.”

As far as beating a dead horse.... that is just not fair. I would never call Kate a dead horse. She is more of a coked out snake.

Neither Caroline, Chandler or Rhylee is some shrinking flower. They all demonstrate far more hubris than is warranted based on skill and/or knowledge.  It is a mischaracterization to refer to any of these people as “shivering deer in the headlights.” Quite frankly, it is one that I doubt any of these “ victims” would agree with. 

Let’s say for the sake of argument that Kate is the worst person to ever appear on a reality TV show. How terrible must Caroline be that 90% of all post on social media, the WWHL poll and indeed the posters on this board, side with Kate? Does that make Caroline a very very bad person?  Let’s see according to my nifty Latin translator:

Caroline est nimis malus. 

• Love 24
23 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

They're there to be on TV, and the producers aren't going to devote much air time to somebody doing laundry.

Omg, thank you, that makes so much more sense! I can’t believe I never thought about screen time before. I’ve spent every season of BD OG/Med wondering why they were complaining! I’m clearly not going to be signing up for any reality shows any time soon.

I don’t know what Caroline and Rocky are hoping to get out of calling Kate an alcoholic. Someone isn’t a bad person (Carthago delenda est!) for drinking too much. In fact, most people who are in a service industry are living a lifestyle that involves overindulgence in one thing or another.

Production is probably patting themselves on the back right now for casting Caroline.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

I seem to recall Kate saying that laundry was one of the best assignments you could get as a stew -- you get to hid out from guest demands and not have to do other tasks.  She was making fun of someone (maybe Jen, last season) who complained about doing laundry.  

It really is the best job in many respects.

We've NEVER seen the worst of guest behavior on this show, but what we've seen is still kind of terrible. We've seen guests grope and sexually proposition the crew. We've seen the guests be rude and demeaning to the crew. We've seen them demand that the crew entertain them like a bunch of dancing monkeys in the form of diving competitions, dancing, twerking, rapping, singing, skits, dressing in costume, weird mermaid caught by a fisherman skits, and having food served off of their bodies. We've seen the guests bedevil the crew with endless requests for new inventive drinks and snacks at 3am. We've seen the guests just be inappropriately naked or sexual in what are ostensibly public spaces on the ship.

Knowing this, I'd be more than happy to be stuck below deck washing and folding clothes. Maybe I listen to a little music on my phone, keep my radio on in the background, and just generally stay out of the fray. Yeah, it's boring, but it's the best kind of boring.

I think the stews who are most inclined to complain about doing laundry are the ones who have no intention of actually making a career in the yachting industry. Rocky wanted to be an entertainer of some sort. Sierra wanted to promote her juicing business. Jen wanted to improve her notoriety to help her real estate career.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Caroline is currently on a twitter spiral. She tweeted to someone they were racist because she is Jewish for him saying “got her nose out of joint”. Except the guy was talking about Kate. So can she not read in addition to all the other stuff she can’t do (including on not knowing how to turn off a speaker or being familiar with common phrases)? She’s an asshole & a perpetual victim & even if I didn’t love Kate, I would be Team Anyone But Caroline. 

And this is why I find her view of how things went down and what people may or may not have been doing completely unreliable... it would do her a world of good to get off of twitter... it's not doing her any good inventing these stories and playing the victim, but unfortunately folks stuck deep in victimhood, as well as dealing with other psychological problems, don't see how they are contributing to their angst. She is getting something from playing the victim - otherwise she wouldn't.  I do feel compassion for her but she needs to get help. And get off of social media. This is soooo shades of Siggy Flicker from RHONJ. This is far beyond Rocky's shenanigans... Rocky just wanted to be a reality tv star and failed to do so... yeah, she had a touch of the nutter but gosh, compared to what Caroline is doing, Rocky was harmless... I do hope Caroline finds some help... and her happy. Ultimately I feel bad for her, however I couldn't be around her in person if she wasn't willing to get help... and I can't take her on mah teevee... or in my twitter stream... (heck, it's like an accident, you want to look away and yet you can't... sigh)

• Love 17
9 hours ago, langford peel said:

Gnawing sheeple, Lord of the Flies, designated targets? A tad hyperbolic, I daresay. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Caroline is currently on a twitter spiral. She tweeted to someone they were racist because she is Jewish for him saying “got her nose out of joint”. Except the guy was talking about Kate. So can she not read in addition to all the other stuff she can’t do (including on not knowing how to turn off a speaker or being familiar with common phrases)?

I'm trying to remember which Real Housewife was insisting that "pot calling the kettle black" was racist too. Reality TV personalities seem to often be cut from the same ignorant self-absorbed cloth.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, laprin said:

Neither Caroline, Chandler or Rhylee is some shrinking flower. They all demonstrate far more hubris than is warranted based on skill and/or knowledge.  It is a mischaracterization to refer to any of these people as “shivering deer in the headlights.” Quite frankly, it is one that I doubt any of these “ victims” would agree with. 

I agree. Based on Caroline's twitter page, I would dare anyone to go there and post that she appears to be a "shivering deer in the headlights". LOL. She would rip them to shreds.

Kate was much more patient with Caroline than I would have been to any of the people that I work with should they have pulled Caroline's shenanigans.

Caroline was very fortunate that she wasn't reporting to Hannah.

Kate was an angel compared to what Hannah would have been to Caroline. 

I don't see Kate as a bad person at all. She was very kind to cray cray Caroline for far too long.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

4)  Leaving any job on good terms is always highly advisable.  She found this job unbearable, and gave her 2 days' notice, so there was clearly light at the end of the tunnel for her.  All she had to do was keep her head down, do her job, and get thru 2 days.  It's always better to go out on a high note, and for that reason alone she should have done her job until it was time for her to go.  Burning bridges is not wise.  And integrity goes a long way.

Some people just get a kick out of pushing the envelope. They just want to create drama and get attention. They don't think ahead to the consequences. This is Caroline.

Kate was smart enough to perceive this and responded accordingly.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, laprin said:

Neither Caroline, Chandler or Rhylee is some shrinking flower.   [...]  It is a mischaracterization to refer to any of these people as “shivering deer in the headlights.” Quite frankly, it is one that I doubt any of these “ victims” would agree with. 

No sympathy here.  They are not "victims". Just by being there they are proven famewhores and get what they deserve/have earned.  I am absolutely certain that none of these people had to be dragged, shanghaied, onto the show.   And I'm equally sure they knew it wasn't a Hallmark Channel romcom.  Most reality TV can be brutal sometimes even violent, even if the violence is staged. 

ETA:  I have to wonder whether Chandler or Caroline's resume would have even gotten them on a normal charter boat. And… if Chandler could get on a normal charter boat I wonder what position he would have been offered.

13 hours ago, TwopLurker said:

Production is probably patting themselves on the back right now for casting Caroline.

But..... they didn't last out the season.  With both Chandler and  Carolyn gone  what are they going to fill the rest of the episodes with?  Short-handed screw-ups with picky guests is only going to last so long, until they get replacements. They still have Riley but that's already gotten  old.

Love your nic.  It actually took me a minute or two to figure out what a two  plurker was. Hey,  I'm still on my 1st cup of coffee.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 6

Since I am so sad watching the passing of someone who truly loved America, I decided to check out Carolines twitter, you have to READ it and I am glad that although I don't have a twitter account I can still read someone elses/ .  Big question, if she was so abused and everything else why does she continue to be on twitter, in the past hours she has tweeted more than 30 times.  If she thinks that she was so abused and upset about the way she was treated then why do she continue to give time to feeding our fascination with it thus giving more interest to Below Deck thus giving them potentially more ratings thus giving Bravo and the production company a potential to make more money.

Does she think that she is going to be come the poster child for victims in the workplace and make money as a motivation speaker?  Newsflash yes there is a ton we don't see however what people have seen and read on the twitter account makes anyone with a brain or heart know that she is not 100% victim and that we will save our sympathies for true victims in the workplace or who are truly the victims of bullying.  Wacko Caroline, you signed up to be on a reality show that is known to treat people terribly especially if it gets rating so no you will not garner any compassion as B.... you wanted the attention and still do.

In a year, will people still be talking about you, yes because you are a character and people will be talking about you because you are wacked and not because they want to take care of you, we do not care about you like we do someone who has truly been hurt in someway/

By the way she is not as innocent as I just read one tweet and she said People say I need to let go and move on. This isn't abuse. Nbd. Nope. Block me bc BELIEVE ME: KATE CHASTAIN IS DONE ON #BelowDeck Anyone is welcome to not believe it. But NO ONE BELIEVED I'D HAVE THE PUSSY TO EXPOSE HER. AND EVERYTHING. But, erm....

• Love 3
19 hours ago, laprin said:

Let’s say for the sake of argument that Kate is the worst person to ever appear on a reality TV show. How terrible must Caroline be that 90% of all post on social media, the WWHL poll and indeed the posters on this board, side with Kate? Does that make Caroline a very very bad person?  Let’s see according to my nifty Latin translator:

Caroline est nimis malus. 

Awesomeness! I speak Latin too...E pluribus fuckum.

Caroline Bedol‏ @bedolcaroline 7h7 hours ago

Caroline Bedol Retweeted Ronster

The fact I am one person whom HUNDREDS of insiders are trying to silence isn't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on. When your truth is The Truth, stand alone. DON'T RETREAT. #BelowDeck

Seriously, this chick be crazy.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 9

I’ve never come across this before when clicking on a Twitter profile. Wasn’t the case just last night, but this morning apparently Caroline’s account is “temporarily restricted” due to unusual activity. You can still click through, but this is just weird.

65828BD3-CFFD-4192-8E2A-7E911D43A524.png

• Love 2
4 hours ago, 1SimonMom said:

Since I am so sad watching the passing of someone who truly loved America, I decided to check out Carolines twitter, you have to READ it and I am glad that although I don't have a twitter account I can still read someone elses/ .  Big question, if she was so abused and everything else why does she continue to be on twitter, in the past hours she has tweeted more than 30 times.  If she thinks that she was so abused and upset about the way she was treated then why do she continue to give time to feeding our fascination with it thus giving more interest to Below Deck thus giving them potentially more ratings thus giving Bravo and the production company a potential to make more money.

Does she think that she is going to be come the poster child for victims in the workplace and make money as a motivation speaker?  Newsflash yes there is a ton we don't see however what people have seen and read on the twitter account makes anyone with a brain or heart know that she is not 100% victim and that we will save our sympathies for true victims in the workplace or who are truly the victims of bullying.  Wacko Caroline, you signed up to be on a reality show that is known to treat people terribly especially if it gets rating so no you will not garner any compassion as B.... you wanted the attention and still do.

In a year, will people still be talking about you, yes because you are a character and people will be talking about you because you are wacked and not because they want to take care of you, we do not care about you like we do someone who has truly been hurt in someway/

By the way she is not as innocent as I just read one tweet and she said People say I need to let go and move on. This isn't abuse. Nbd. Nope. Block me bc BELIEVE ME: KATE CHASTAIN IS DONE ON #BelowDeck Anyone is welcome to not believe it. But NO ONE BELIEVED I'D HAVE THE PUSSY TO EXPOSE HER. AND EVERYTHING. But, erm....

Like you I went on twitter last night because I was curious as to how whacked out she trully is. I’ve mostly been reading here and listening to the watch what Crappens podcast only kind of watching the show for a few minutes at a time. This child is nuts! Someone who trully cares for needs to ha e some kind of intervention. Put down the twitter Caroline! It’s not good for you to expose yourself in this manner.

her tweets are hard to follow because she’s all over the place and sometimes even misreading what people are saying to her. Surely she has A friend or A relative the cares about her. I don’t thinks she’s medically insane she’s just a self-entitled brat!

• Love 4

It is obvious that Caroline is very troubled and needs to be left alone. I truly feel sorry for her and being forced through take a breath and to be off Twitter for a while is the best thing for her.

I wish her well and hope she can find peace.

• Love 5

Caroline is far from being a victim. She's manipulative and vindictive and I feel sorry for anyone who has the misfortune to cross paths with her. Seriously, she's like the psycho character in one of those cautionary Lifetime movies.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Flybutter said:

I’ve never come across this before when clicking on a Twitter profile. Wasn’t the case just last night, but this morning apparently Caroline’s account is “temporarily restricted” due to unusual activity. You can still click through, but this is just weird.

Whoa, she broke her own twitter!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Now that there is a Carolina thread are we supposed to take the conversation over there?

I suppose if it's just about Caroline, take it there. If it's Caroline on this episode post here? 

Anyhow, I am happy to see a Caroline only board opened up.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, greyflannel said:

Caroline is far from being a victim. She's manipulative and vindictive and I feel sorry for anyone who has the misfortune to cross paths with her. Seriously, she's like the psycho character in one of those cautionary Lifetime movies.

I think there's definitely something not right going on with her, and in this episode we saw that even more.  We've seen her outright lie, completely misrepresent the truth, and over-react, but I can't figure out if she's deliberately manipulative or if she truly has some kind of disorder that significantly distorts her perception of reality.  My guess is that it's a combination of both, but she does seem to have a very vindictive streak and loves playing the role of victim to the point that it seems to satisfy some kind of need.  I would steer very clear of her.  Part of me feels sorry for her and hopes she gets help for her own sake, but I also wouldn't want to be alone with her because she does seem scary and apt to do anything.

4 hours ago, Flybutter said:

Maybe they did this because she posted so much in such a short time?  I don't know, but in any case the restriction is gone now.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

I think there's definitely something not right going on with her, and in this episode we saw that even more.  We've seen her outright lie, completely misrepresent the truth, and over-react, but I can't figure out if she's deliberately manipulative or if she truly has some kind of disorder that significantly distorts her perception of reality.  My guess is that it's a combination of both, but she does seem to have a very vindictive streak and loves playing the role of victim to the point that it seems to satisfy some kind of need.  I would steer very clear of her.  Part of me feels sorry for her and hopes she gets help for her own sake, but I also wouldn't want to be alone with her because she does seem scary and apt to do anything.

Maybe they did this because she posted so much in such a short time?  I don't know, but in any case the restriction is gone now.

Based on recent comments in her Twitter feed, enough people reported some of her tweets (she was getting all weird about 9/11, for example) and Twitter briefly suspended her account. Now that it’s back up, she’s back to the same nonsense (Chrissy Teigen is an enemy now, etc.).

• Love 9

The 9/11 reference was something from a Family Guy episode--Lois is running for public office and is advised to just repeat phrases like "9/11" to whip up support. I understand it wasn't a random reference on Caroline's part, but I'm not sure how she figures it applies to her perceived situation. And, as noted, it pissed a lot of people off.

Twitter should have closed her account for her own good.

Edited by bref
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Flybutter said:

Based on recent comments in her Twitter feed, enough people reported some of her tweets (she was getting all weird about 9/11, for example) and Twitter briefly suspended her account. Now that it’s back up, she’s back to the same nonsense (Chrissy Teigen is an enemy now, etc.).

Thanks.  I just saw the Chrissy Teigen tweets.  I think it's fair to say that Chrissy is holding her own.  :-)

Caroline is really relentless, not even close to letting go of her misplaced anger with a ferocity that's really alarming.  She seems to be doing nothing else other than reading tweets about herself, replying, and starting new rants.  Pretty much non-stop.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bref said:

The 9/11 reference was something from a Family Guy episode--Lois is running for public office and is advised to just repeat phrases like "9/11" to whip up support. I understand it wasn't a random reference on Caroline's part, but I'm not sure how she figures it applies to her perceived situation. And, as noted, it pissed a lot of people off.

Twitter should have closed her account for her own good.

Rats! I should have known it was a Family Guy reference!! But yeah, I agree it still doesn’t apply to her grievance du jour.

• Love 3

Watching the episode puts me 6 pages behind, so....I won't try to keep pace with all the great comments you guys have made,

It is surprising to me there is a fair amount of love for Caroline.  To me he was clearly nuts, anxiety-laden and even overwhelmed at times.  That's fine and she gets sympathy to the degree that she should not have taken the job.  But her post-filming drama and obsession is misplaced.  To make HR claims?  No.  And people debating proper workplace procedures....let's start with that she was an ACTOR.  She signed a contract and in that undoubtedly signed away a lot of rights.  Consider just one, that she is filmed in her underwear everyday!

I looked up some reality tv contract details, and here is pertinent details

https://jipel.law.nyu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/NYU_JIPEL_Vol-3-No-1_4_Riley_SigningInGliltterOrBlood.pdf

However, networks and producers are using the contracts as a defense, stating that the participants consented to any consequences resulting from their involvement.

Contestants have also sued for defamation.....

the networks’ response is that in signing their contracts, the parties consented to any reputational results.

In a case settled in 2012, there was even an actor who alleged she was raped on a show, and the same law article mentions she was unlikely to be able to continue her suit against MTV/Viacom and win successfully etc.

There was also a leaked (court-provided) 'housewives' contract and the following article details what the actors give away

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/real-housewives-orange-county-contract-reality-tv/

the contract, link

https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/contractwife.pdf

Another clause reads, “MY PARTICIPATION IN THE SERIES MAY CAUSE ME TO BE IN ENVIRONMENT WHERE I MAY HEAR, SEE, OR ENCOUNTER SPEECH OR PHYSICAL CONTACT, OR OTHERWISE EXPERIENCE SENSATIONS THAT I, OR OTHERS, MAY CONSIDER OFFENSIVE. I FREELY AND KNOWINGLY CONSENT TO SUBJECT MYSELF TO SUCH SPEECH, CONDUCT AND SENSATIONS FROM OTHER THAN PRODUCER.”

and has 41 other terms.

My conclusion is she is self-deluded.  She was not working on a yacht, she was working as an actress on a reality tv show and she confused these two roles.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, langford peel said:

She needs to get out of the public eye for her own health and safety.

Yes, she does. People have been begging her to do this. She just keeps responding to others. She is back at it again, engaging with Chef Adrian within the past hour. She can't help herself.

• Love 1